• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I hear the water at DisneyWorld is nasty?

There have been a couple fountains in WDW that tasted horrible, but we get ice water in the parks all the time and have had very few taste problems.

Yeah wouldn't do water fountains but all CS will give you bug cup ice water.. If your worried about taste bring one of those Mio flavor in handing bottles they are small & go a long way!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We always do a combo of collapsible water bottle with built in britta filter and mio drops and it seems to do the trick. :drinking1:

We agree ;) we buy water, much tastier. Not the worst I've ever tasted but close.

Worst is the places where they put too much chlorine in the water so drinking it tastes like taking a swallow out of a swimmingpool :crazy2:

Has anyone ever bought a water bottle with a brita type filter in it? I saw them at Target and was wondering if that would take care of the smell.

We use them too and love them. Takes care of it for me, and I am PICKY about how things taste!

I always bring my stainless steel thermos with me to WDE.

I go to the ice machine, fill the thermos, and then go back to my room and fill the thermos up with water from the tap. I have also used the ice and water from the drink stations at the resorts as well. Then I would have ice cold water all day, even when the water was gone the ice would eventually melt to create more water.

It always had a slight funny taste to it. I thought it was the stainless steel bottle reacting with the cold ice and water. Maybe it wasn't the bottle and it's actually the water?

Either way, it doesn't bother me enough to not drink it and save money.

The water in Disneyland on the other hand had me the the washroom. Not fun. I bring my own bottled water from home when I go to DL. Way cheaper and better for my digestive system. :thumbsup2

I refuse to carry a water bottle around all day. I have no issues at all drinking the water in the parks, at the fountains/bubblers (whatever you want to call them!!!). Is it the very best tasting water in the world? No, but it hasn't killed me yet. And when I go in the hotter/humid months, I won't spend upwards of $10 a day on bottled water!!!

Amen! That's my position, too. I drink a lot of water and am fine with the WDW water.

Ever since I was a kid, the water at MK has caused physical illness. Our first trip as an adult, I thought I might have outgrown it but, nope, it still gives my tummy aches and nausea. I don't have a sensitive stomach normally but I have never had any issues once I started sticking with bottled water.

I hate the water in Florida - I can't even drink fountain drinks there because I can totally taste the off taste!

Hi - I LIVE here and cannot deal with the water. Brita makes it OK to drink. I keep a large bottle on ice.

I also live in Florida -- our tap water is the worst. :crazy2: I won't even make coffee with it; I use filtered water otherwise my coffee would stink of bleach or sulfur. I also have an unnatural addiction to LaCroix. :thumbsup2

We just usually grab some bottled water every morning from the club lounge :cloud9: :drinking:.
When we run out we just refill them in the water faucets in the parks......... :crazy2:

We have been taking the Brita water bottles to the parks for many years. They work perfectly, like others have said, because each bottle has it's own filter. At one point Brita discontunued the individual bottles and we had to buy from an online source for a few years. I was so happy to see Brita selling these water bottles again. I buy mine at Target. Nice price, no shipping charges. The large bottles that I have seen come in royal blue, aqua, and purple.

These individual Brita water bottles are so much more cost friendly (and ecologically friendly!) than buying bottles of water.

http://www.target.com/p/brita-bottl...277535&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=13277535

If link doesn't work, g o o gle Brita water bottles Target.

I've been using Brita water bottles too, since they first came on the market. They are fantastic. For those who don't want to carry the large bottles, they just came out with a kids size that is about 1/2 the size.

The first time I had a fountain drink was at Crystal Palace and I thought it was terrible. I got my hubby to take a sip i couldn't figure out why it was like that. I didn't know if it was the ice or the water which mixes the drink. The water stinks Eating at Garden Grill overlooking the ride all I could smell was the water.

I buy a bottle of water/soda at airport and keep it with me for my trip every am before leaving for the parks I fill it at the beverage station ~look for the water button on the soda machine
and also since I get the dining plan I get a bottle of juice water or soda to keep with me as well then im all set for liquids at the park without filling up at fountains.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter