I have dry socket and its driving me insane

australiankaren

I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DV
After a tooth out on friday, I have now got dry socket, so back to dentist tomorrow..OMG the pain is driving me slowly insane:sad2:
anyone else had this, and do you survive :scared:

A dry socket? :confused3

I opened this post and was thinking about an electrical socket and was wondering why that would be driving you insane as one would usually prefer that to be dry :rotfl:

Anyway whatever it is, it doesn't sound pleasant! Hope you get it fixed soon :flower3: :hug:

:hug: that's the worst pain I used I Nurofen gel on my cheek as well as pain killers but to be honest nothing took away the pain until DH had taken me to the hospital and they gave me stronger pain killers and the double lot of antibiotics started to kick in :hug:
It took weeks to heal completely

Karen, I am soooo sorry to hear this. When I had my wisdom tooth removed they told me about the risks of dry socket and it sounded appalling. :sad1:

Can you get to a doctor this evening ( a medical centre?) Maybe they can prescribe some extra strength painkillers to get you through to your dentists appointment.

When I had an abcess I used an ice pack on my cheek as well.

Hope you get relief very soon!

Andona

i had it when i had my tooth out... it tends to happen more on bottom teeth than top teeth for some reason... it is freaking painful.

i took a lot of nurofen zavance and went to the doctor for fabulous oxycodone.

i then rang the dentist up and explained that i had developed dry socket and they fit me in with an emergency appointment. basically they flushed the socket with antibiotic gel kind of fluid to ensure no infection happened, then packed the wound site with some kind of antibiotic goopy stuff that simulates the blood clot and dissolves naturally and promotes healing.. and within about 30 mins the pain had gone and within a few days it had healed up and was fully healed within about a week.

the pain was excruciating until i went back to the dentist. i would highly recommend calling your dentist at the first break of day and get him to fix it for you :)

:flower3:

Are you rinsing with saline solution? It might help tonight...

To make some at home: dissolve 1/2 teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of hot water....allow to cool.

:flower3:

Are you rinsing with saline solution? It might help tonight...

To make some at home: dissolve 1/2 teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of hot water....allow to cool.

thanks
i have run out of sm33 and cepacaine.......will try anything..counting down the mins to next lot of tablets....58 min to go

I've had dry socket before. I had to go to the dentist twice a day until it healed. They dipped gauze in some smelly liquid (I think cloves) and it made it feel better for a short time. The problem was mine was on the top tooth, so the gauze would eventually slide down and the pain would start again

:grouphug:Hang in there. I know the pain you are feeling.

just got back from dentist

OMG I feel so much better already

he packed it, and washed it and I see him tomorrow

I feel half human again.....

hallelujah I can see the light :banana:

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. :) I imagine you didn't get much sleep last night!

Andona

Glad you're feeling half human again.....now if only the other half would cooperate. ;)

it takes a little while to heal, but so glad you got the treatment you needed.

in one of those 'omg, it only ever happens to me scenarios' ... blowdrying my hair this morning and the hairdryer shorted & sparked. thank god my dad was an electrician and taught us well about what to do in the event of an electrical fire from the time we were kids or else my injuries could have been much worse... i only have an electrical burn on my wrist and up my arm and i'm out of commission for a few days to let it heal & not get infected...

but for anyone who uses a hairdryer or straightening iron... please make sure you're fully dry from your shower before using it :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter