I have a few names from anysoldier.com that i worry about...help?

pat fan

Sad my tag won't fit :(
I have a couple names I send packages to and one I e-mail to, but I worry so when I hear of Marines being killed and they never mention names (for privacy I'm sure) but when I don't hear from my e-mailer, it makes me so nervous! Any way to know any more information or just keep praying?

I don't know how to help you

but when I read your post I immediatly thought wow! what an inspiring and good person! :love:

Whenever something happens to someone, common policy on many compunds is for internet and cell access at camps in combat areas to be "blocked". This prevents some idiot from calling home to say guess what happended today and so and so got hit. Since DoD does not release a name until the family has been notified officially, and sometimes that requires quite some time, this blocking of communication prevents rumors and families from getting unofficial notification "off the street". This is all the more imporant now that media tend TO report names as in "SGT Snuffy was hit by an IED and DOA after medivac." Only SGT Snuffy wasn't DOA but is in the medical transport system and on his way to the states and the reporter only knows what someone told him or he saw that vehicle get blown up and JUST knows no one could have survived.
Just because you haven't heard from someone doesn't mean something has happened.
Maybe they are on the move, or on a mission , or on R&R or on leave or the interent isn't working, or on pass....

Thanks...I knew it was a privacy/security thing....I still worry though. Thanks again.

pat fan said:
Thanks...I knew it was a privacy/security thing....I still worry though. Thanks again.

I know what you mean--i got to be friends with a marine from anysoldier and there were times i didnt hear from him for a few days/weeks due to the security/privacy things...i know its hard waiting though!

if it would help you to know-as soon as the department of defense releases the names of those killed they are posted here www.defenselink.mil click on press resources-the if you want to see farther back than the last five click on more releases. the articles headed dod identifies ...... casuality have the names in them-the names of those marines have been released and are here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter