I got married & went on a Disneymoon & all I got was a BABY! BABY BEAN IS HERE!! PICS

There is never a good time for being sick, but just before your WEDDING must be way up there near the top of the list of worse times. I think it's wonderful though how positive your attitude was throughout the whole thing. It surely shows how great of a person you are and most definitely influenced how well your wedding went and how much you enjoyed that day. You rock, girl!

Yeaaaaah.... what happens next cracks me up! Love the pics, though. I hadn't seen a lot of them.
I'm still cracking up over it!

Aaahhhhh!!!!! You guys are so stinking cute/awesome/fun! I saw one of those pics on the Roots IG feed and LOVED it, and I am so glad you are sharing the rest!!!!

I laughed when I got the pics at the high school! I drive by there sometimes and one of my very best friends went to New Hope Solebury!!! And her family still lives up that way!

Such a horrible bummer to have a sick Jack!! Poor guy! But he looks like he w being such a trooper!!!
WHO is your BFF? He was such a trooper! He rarely gets as sick as he did that week. Such odd timing!

Joining in, I know I have lurked maybe even posted....Beautiful pics by Roots-such talent. I love how they capture the natural chemistry between you and Bob. And the kiddos also looked fabulous!! Congrats on the upcoming addition and can't wait to read all about it!!
Thank you so much! Roots make everyone look great!

I have lurked off and on but had to comment. I know that High School and actually think I know someone who taught there. I love the New Hope area. Nice family pics also.
You do too!! Who??? Maybe they taught me? That would be wild! New hope is a great town, I love living here! Thanks!

Amazing pics!! The love truly shines thru in the moments that were captured!

Thank you so much! I was so nervous, but the roots made everything fun, and easy!

Shuckydarn, I can't talk on here like I do on FB...

That being said,let me hate you for a hot second for having fabulous hair when being "ragamuffin".

Speaking of "ragamuffin", are you *positive* you're not Southern?

Dying in anticipation for more photos, even if I know what comes next. I love love love those pics of you n Bob looking crazy in love.

'K, time for bed, been up since 4:30. Happy birthday to a fellow awesome nurse, Bob!

Lol at shuckydarn! Thanks, but fabulous hair. Hate it!
Is ragamuffin a southern saying? I've said it my whole life! On the real though, I'd love to be a southern bell!
I am crazy in love with that dude! Glad it shows!!! Thanks for bday wishes! Glad you're enjoying your new job!!!

Amazing pictures that really let your love and infectious happiness shine through. They made me smile inside and out :lovestruc

Thank you! Our love was high that day! I get giddy every time I see them!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My friend is NanaSue Walker (kenkelen). She's 38, but her brother Stephen went there too, and he is around our age. Did you know the Kenkelens?

Wonderful pictures.. :goodvibes:goodvibes
Thank you! Roots are amazing!

You guys are adorable! I've read some of your other TRs, but didn't comment since they were already done by the time I found them. At least I won't be late to this one!

Congratulations!
Thanks!! So glad to hear you've read my others! This one is my favorite story!

I've been a lurky loo for a while and just need to finally come out of lurkdom to say CONGRATS, on marriage and baby!! :woohoo: You guys looks so happy. Love your TR.
Thank you ! And thanks for coming out of lurkdom! So nice to read that!

Poor Jack. What a trooper he was though making it through the pics

I like the regular clothes as opposed to dressing up. It looks more real

Such cute photos :goodvibes

Thank you! You saw my posts first hand that week! It was sort of hilarious!

Sounds like a fun and eventful trip. Can't wait to hear more.

Thanks, it was! Stay tuned!

Hopping on board! Your photos are so great. You can see the happiness just shining through. :goodvibes

Thanks and again, the roots! Can't praise them enough!

Hi Jenn, I am joining along! Poor Jack!! Love the pictures!! You guys all look perfect together, very happy!!

Hi! Thanks! Glad to see you :D

Love your pictures! I love how comfortable and real they are and not stuffy and stiff:)So excited for more:thumbsup2

Thanks! Bob making us all lol and roots being hilarious were a huge help!

Ahhh, those pictures are wonderful! So full of life and love. That's probably why I've always preferred candid shots. Posed shots just lose that chemistry!

Can't wait for more. Come back soon...

Thanks and I agree, I preferred these shots over our posed wedding photos. Those seemed harder!

Subbing in. I love your photos. You look like a family who really love each other. Never would guess looking at the photos that Jack was sock. What a trooper!

Thanks, and we do adore each other mostly , lol! Glad he doesn't look it... But wait!

I left a comment before and forgot to sub!!! So I am now!!!!

Love seeing the family pictures!

Holla and hola again! Glad you're here!

Wow! I am all the way back on page 4! love the pix and looking forward to reading more! I know you are busy, but don't keep us waiting too long.

Congrats on the wedding and the baby!

Thanks! Trying to move this along, but life is busy, I'll explain in a moment ;)

So I came across this TR and I fell in love!! So I decided to stop where I was and go back and read EVERYTHING!! Oh my wow!! You're family is amazing!! You're story is amazing!! :grouphug:

We have TONS in common! Even down to the heartbreak preparing you for your soulmate to enter your life. I met mine 8 months after my military fiance ditched me and married someone else the next day!:headache: I never thought I would be whole again, then I met my frog prince, Brandon. And every day I have to pinch myself, even 4.5 years later, I have it too good!! We are having a Disneymoon too!!! Our first vacation as a couple was WDW and now our first trip as a married couple will be also!!! And evidently, there is a betting pool on whether we will come back with a Disney baby...I mean my coworkers and our family!

To end this rant...:rolleyes1 I have fallen in love with your story, and I feel like I know you and your family irl. I am done lurking and I can't wait read many more of your adventures!!!
party:

Thank you so much!! I love to hear another happy ending. Life felt like it was over, so to say I'm also still amazed is an understatement! When is your big day???? Disneymoon baby is pretty awesome, if you're ready, do it... Literally lolol

Awesome pictures! I about DIED when you told me that Jack was sick. :worried:

I'm so happy that I was able to share your special day with you guys. :)
I'm SO glad too! And I think we all died a little over him being sick! Life is funny!

Hi!!!!

There is never a good time for being sick, but just before your WEDDING must be way up there near the top of the list of worse times. I think it's wonderful though how positive your attitude was throughout the whole thing. It surely shows how great of a person you are and most definitely influenced how well your wedding went and how much you enjoyed that day. You rock, girl!

Thank you Mel! I had two choices, let it ruin my day or roll with it. Since I literally couldn't do anything ( we tried, doctor visit, meds, rest) I just went with it. He was pleasant at least. I just feel bad, that he may not have enjoyed it to his fullest. I think it added to the charm of our day, made it our day really. It was real and grounded us a bit ;)

My friend is NanaSue Walker (kenkelen). She's 38, but her brother Stephen went there too, and he is around our age. Did you know the Kenkelens?
I don't recognize the name... Which is odd. Not a big town, everyone knows everyone :/

Hey guys, I wanted to do the next Installment last night, but my sis, mom, niece and nephew were up and we were preparing for bobs big birthday BBQ today! Sincerest apologies, but we're going to be at his moms house until Monday afternoon. I'm free Monday though, and think I'll make time for it then!

I hope you all have a happy and safe
Memorial Day! Today I'm eating for two! Maybe even four! Love me some BBQ food!!!

Oh yay!! Another TR of yours! I’ve totally missed it until now! First off, congrats on the wedding!! Yay!

Awee that first update is full of priceless pictures, they are amazing. I absolutely love the ones with you guys in front of the school (definitely almost wrote castle there….) Thank you for sharing!!

Happy Birthday to Bob!! Hope you all have a fun weekend

You going post any Bump pics ? :cutie:

You do too!! Who??? Maybe they taught me? That would be wild! New hope is a great town, I love living here! Thanks!

Her name is Pat Matis. I know she taught in that area. It would be pretty wild if you knew her.

I haven't been to New Hope in awhile. I need to visit again. I loved the ice cream shop that was on River Road I think it was. I don't pay attention to names. Don't know if it's still there but trying to find a parking place was worth the trip there.

Happy birthday to Bob! I hope you had a great day today and that the weather was cooperative.

Thank you so much!! I love to hear another happy ending. Life felt like it was over, so to say I'm also still amazed is an understatement! When is your big day???? Disneymoon baby is pretty awesome, if you're ready, do it... Literally lolol

:rotfl2: Do it! If it happens we will be blessed, if not, we aren't rushing lol

Our big day is September 14 2013!! I'm getting so stressed out about being the center of attention that day!! I'm always the life of the party but I really don't like being the center of attention.

Can't wait to read more of your awesome adventure!:love:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB!!!!party: :bday:

Joining in late, but can't wait to hear all about it! Great photos!

Happy Birthday Bob!!

Oh yay!! Another TR of yours! I’ve totally missed it until now! First off, congrats on the wedding!! Yay!
Thanks!!
Awee that first update is full of priceless pictures, they are amazing. I absolutely love the ones with you guys in front of the school (definitely almost wrote castle there….) Thank you for sharing!!
ahahaha, I often say castle as opposed to what I mean LOL Disney problems, :) Thanks for joining in!

Happy Birthday to Bob!! Hope you all have a fun weekend

You going post any Bump pics ? :cutie:
Thanks, the weather was BLECH on Saturday, but he had loads of fun anyway! NO baby bump pics.. I just look FAT now. boo

Happy Birthday Bob!! Have a great weekend!
thanks!

Her name is Pat Matis. I know she taught in that area. It would be pretty wild if you knew her.

I haven't been to New Hope in awhile. I need to visit again. I loved the ice cream shop that was on River Road I think it was. I don't pay attention to names. Don't know if it's still there but trying to find a parking place was worth the trip there.
Name doesn't sound familiar ;/ and yes, I worked at that ice cream shop in high school! Its called Gerensers exotic ice cream :) It's still there!

Happy birthday to Bob! I hope you had a great day today and that the weather was cooperative.
weather did not lol, but it wasn't as awful as it called for, so better than nothing!

Count me in!!
OK and Hi and thanks!!!

:rotfl2: Do it! If it happens we will be blessed, if not, we aren't rushing lol
:thumbsup2
Our big day is September 14 2013!! I'm getting so stressed out about being the center of attention that day!! I'm always the life of the party but I really don't like being the center of attention.
OK, well I will post about this in future updates, but I was EXACTLY that way! Bob is an attention *****, so I was SO nervous, and hate that feeling. I REALY wish I would have not sweated so hard over it, cause at the end of the day, it SO was not bad! I know it's easier for me to say, but if I give you any advice, it is that.

Can't wait to read more of your awesome adventure!:love:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB!!!!party: :bday:
thanks!

Thoroughly enjoying this so far. Great photos! I can't wait to read more!
thank you so much!

Joining in late, but can't wait to hear all about it! Great photos!

Happy Birthday Bob!!
Thanks and thanks!

Just joining in but I'm on board!! It's been almost a year since our Disneymoon!
Thanks for joining! Aren't Disneymoons the best??

I meant to say this a while ago in the beginning of your TR, but I loved hearing about your love story. As someone who has had to start their life over again as well, I truly understand the bliss you feel when you find that someone you felt like you should have had all along. I would never regret having my son but there is that part that wishes I could have saved him from and myself from the heart ache of being in a marriage that just did not work out. But the good thing about finding love again is that you show your kids that you can choose to have a better life and that change can be a good thing.
As scared as I was to be on my own for a while, my son sees how happy my boyfriend makes me and how much he respects me and my son is crazy about him as well. Hopefully I will have a happy ending as well and here is to finding your Prince Charming:love:

Ok, so you can carry on with your TR now...:blush:

Name doesn't sound familiar ;/ and yes, I worked at that ice cream shop in high school! Its called Gerensers exotic ice cream :) It's still there!

I know she worked up there but not sure whether HS or not. I'll have to ask my mom when I see her. It's easy not to know a teacher if you never had her.

That is the ice cream shop. We have a family joke that we went there when we were kids and all of the flavors to choose from, my brother chose vanilla. My mom loved stopping there when we took my brothers to camp at Treasure Island Boy Scout camp. She could get rum raisin. Brings back happy memories.

So let's recap, the week was nuts, washer broke, Jack was sick, and Jack was sick. Here we are day before the wedding, taking our sweet family pics and the Roots are rocking it! They asked what location we would like to move to next, and we decided the train station right down the street would be fun, and very New Hope!

Jack was really not feeling great, or looking great, and the sun was starting to fade, so we knew we had to get the shots pretty quick.

We got all set up for the first shots, and the Roots were great and full of enthusiasm. Nate said, don't worry, if het gets sick I'll capture every moment! I said, you BETTER catch every ounce!

I bet you're smart enough to guess what happened before I could even finish talking to Nate....

No, you aren't sure??

Let me show you.....

OH YES THAT DID HAPPEN! and is it just me, or did the Roots some how make it look good? Fabulous even???

Clearly I am mom of the year, as portrayed in these beautiful pictures!

OK, maybe not mom of the year, but bride of the year??? I mean, what other day before the big day bride with a sick kid would laugh that hard and not cry? Am I convincing anyone??

OK, well, at the very least Bob wins dad of the year! He was all over it and helped Jack while I tried not to wet my pants!

Kayla clearly was NOT amused what so ever! But what can you do, puke happens! Although, I think we will forever remember it as the day Nate Root willed the vomit!

Once we were all out of shock, and I was done being mom of the year, Bob said he was going to just head home, it was really cold out, and poor jack was not happy with what happened. I won't lie when I say I was bummed that the session was cut short, as I wanted so many more local shots with my main squeeze in our favorite local hang outs from our teen years, but really at the end of the day, I'd take the vom series ;)

The roots offered to take a few more shots of Kayla and I, and we were more than happy to oblige!

We finished up with smiles and hugs to the Roots and made our way home to freshen up before heading to dinner for pizza night :)

I'm big on pizza night friday, haven't really missed one in over 2 years! However, our wedding was Friday, so Thursday seemed like the smart choice! We invited the Roots along, and they were kind enough to join! This made me giddy, as I truly feel that they are friends, not just photographers.

We were all giddy as I had finally heard from non other than the famous Disboarder herself and mutual Root friend, Lurkyloo! They had landed some time ago, and were near New Hope, they were joining us for pizza night too!

To say I was stoked would be an understatement! Everything about my life at that exact moment was pure bliss!

We got to the local pizza place and it was pretty uneventful, but nice. Bobs mom, dad, sis, bro, and nephew had all gotten to New Hope so they joined us as well!

Carrie don't kill me, but this picture reminds me of a gossip queen telling her dramatic story!

and then there is this.... the last picture I have from the night

LOL!!! Clearly Jack was feeling better. Well, maybe not better, but silly and in a good mood at least!

We finished up our meals, paid up and declared that it was our unofficial rehearsal dinner, sans the rehearsal part :lmao:

I was disappointed earlier in the night to find out that my mom and cousin were not coming up tonight as promised. Neither was my sister, but I got that disappointment earlier in the week. My biggest let down through all of my wedding planning was the lack of enthusiasm from my family, especially my baby sister, who I consider my best friend. I felt like they just didn't care, not my mom so much, but she was equally underwhelming, but I'll forgive her, as she knows nothing about weddings, and really hasn't been to many traditional American weddings. Not that she has been to other cultural weddings, but lets just say no one in my family is actually married. Plus my mom does not drive and lives over an hour away with my sister. My sister had also just had my sweetie baby niece in October. No one else in my family ever even called to ask about the wedding, including my dad, although he gave us a few checks throughout to help. I'm pretty sure my moms side of the family all hates me as well, as I only invited aunts and uncles. None of whom even RSVP'ed or showed up, but I'm getting ahead of myself here, aren't I. Clearly this is a moment that leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and I'm not sure I gave it too much thought until now, when I had to.

It is hard to have people like Bobs family in my life, people who are like people you read about in books and in made for TV movies! They are pretty perfect, although completely dysfunctional too, if that makes sense?? Anyway, I can say this much, EVERY person in his family in some way, shape or form put labor and love into our big day. To see what they did, and how selflessly they did it was truly amazing. I love my family more than life itself, and maybe I did something to put them off, or maybe they were intimidated by it all, but all I wanted was the excitement from them. Maybe I'm judging them too harshly, I don't know.

So going back to how this all started, we headed home, with no company showing up, and lots of butterflies in our stomach! I had also realized earlier in the day that we had never received our marriage license in the mail :eek: I called the court house, and they apologized, and told Bob he could get one first thing in the morning! Not exactly what we wanted to think about on the day of our wedding, but hey, look at how the rest ofthe week had gone, this was nothing in comparison, AIN'T NO THANG!!!

We got home, tucked the kiddies in, and I have no clue what else lol! I'm sure I fretted over last minute stuff, or maybe I just passed out, because actually, I don't recall being overly stressed, just crazy nervous and excited!

I ended my night with this FB status update:

Jenn Paul Koch
January 24 near New Hope via mobile
My last night as just Jenn Paul! Thank you to everyone who made today amazing! Between the mass amounts of texts from awesome friends, Facebook messages, awesome photographers, friends flying in all the way from Cali and Bobs family, I'm feeling overwhelmed with love and luck! Thank you all so much for being an amazing support system!

by the time stamps, I finished replying near midnight to the comments to that update.. so I can say I was up that late lol!

I can honestly say looking back that I was giddy! If you are getting married, skip the nerves, and drama. I stressed over a few things like being late for the roots photos, all our stuff packed for Disney, my family, and other little stuff, and I wish I skipped all of it. I did mostly, which helped, but skip it all if you can! It made no difference at the end of the day!

My last day as just Jenn Paul was at an end, and I fell asleep pinching myself over the fact that I was marrying my BEST FRIEND from high school! The boy I had crushed on from the minute he walked into those front doors of NHS with a black fishnet shirt and purple hair ! The boy who was no longer a boy, but a man, a father, a nurse, but above all, still my best friend! Who does that?? Who gets that lucky??

All in all the whole day was a success, overall life as I knew it was a success! I was that lucky girl, I am that lucky girl!

Next Up: The BIG day starts off with tears in a bathroom....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter