I fell off the ice cream truck...13 days of DDP with pics!*UPDATE: COMPLETED!!*

Just got caught up! Great reviews....hope you can get your computer up and going soon! As for the difference between Luke Skywalker and Han Solo.......

HanSolo.jpg

Jill in CO

Jill this is hilarious!

Great reviews!! I thought I subscribed last week but I guess I didn't :confused3 Sorry about your computer! Mine has crashed 2 or 3 times this year so i know the feeling all too well!!

The peanut butter chocolate cake looks delicious at Sci Fi!

That lobster roll looks NASTY! I guess it was!

I need to try the dessert party one trip. I would love it!

I will be patiently waiting your updates :goodvibes

Just got caught up! Great reviews....hope you can get your computer up and going soon! As for the difference between Luke Skywalker and Han Solo.......

Jill in CO

LOL LOL LOL...Jedijill that picture is hilarious! hahahha :rotfl::rotfl:

we are up and running!!!!!! :cool1:

hmm... who knew you were supposed to vaccum the inside of your computer... REALLY!? like i hate vacuuming as it is.. now i'm supposed to pull apart the computer every 6 months and vacuum that!?!??!! :confused3 which would you rather... paying for a new fan (which was the problem) or going to a computer guy and being embarrassed over how DUSTY FILTHY your computer innards are??? i will take being embarrassed and him vacuuming it for me.. and i think he felt sorry for me so he didnt charge me LOL

well anyways back to the important stuff!!!

Breakfast

this was our off day, and since it is such a hike to get there we made our Trails End Bfast ressie for this day. I love fort wilderness.. though im not sure i'd want to actually stay there? I can go camping anytime.. so i dont think camping at disney is for me.. but i will be happy to go there and eat their food and look at their horses! Now there are two servers at Trails end that i remember since we started going there... at least 10 years ago.. there is KEN, who always talks about the weather and is the happiest server i have ever seen in disney, then there is BIG D. who goes by Dwyane now i believe.. well Dan and I are always betting whether either of them will still be there... sure enough! Both were, and Big D was our server! The food here is similar to your typically dis-buffet food, but i like how quiet it is there.. very relaxing.

disney191.jpg

disney192.jpg

disney193.jpg

Adult price range: $17.03-$19.16; Child (ages 3-9) price range: $10.64-$11.71

i was THRILLED when i saw a breakfast pizza that didn't have any meat!! usually they all have bacon, but this one was a veggie! :worship:

the french toast was the BEST i have ever had! so fresh! I know you can also ask them to make eggs for you and they will.. like fried, sunny side up..etc. The honeydew was so sweet and fresh! another fruit win for me as i'm always so skeptic about disney fruit!

personally, i felt that there seemed like a little bit less than usual.. i don't know if there really was but there seemed like the stations weren't really filled with that much stuff? could just be me though!

Total: $38.32
DDP: 0 credits used
OOP: $38.32 + tip

After breakfast we headed over to the barn! I LOVE looking at the horses.. LOOKING.. not touching, as we heard the CM's tell another family.. and their reply was "oh it's okay, we live on a farm"... these would be the first people to sue if that horse ever bit them....... BUT HEY! IT'S OKAY! you live on a farm... i live in a city, that doesn't mean i'm qualified to go drive a disney bus or pick up rats!? (are there rats in disney? lol) anyways.. i'm glad that we went to the Barn because my goal is to live on a farm and have lots of animals.. but don't worry guys, i won't go around bragging about living on a farm :thumbsup2 but meeting this horse did convince Dan to let me get horses! i just want to adopt horses that don't have homes :( and let them live happily ever after on my farm... jeez is that too much to ask!!!

d31.jpg

when we were in the barn, there were two horses missing.. one named Bob and one named Dan.. so we decided to name this horse.. DanBob..it fits.. i name everything, animals, plants, furniture.. everything deserves a name right!

d30.jpg

d32.jpg

d33.jpg

Lunch

Since we were right across the way we decided to head over to Art of Animation to check it out as i am the biggest little mermaid fan! so i will have to stay there when that section opens up!

We though we might eat lunch over there but, i was not really impressed with their food court.. we didn't want burgers as we felt we had eaten enough of them and i think the only other options were the mongolian grill stuff or sushi.. ehhh not interested thanks, but i will check out your resort! it was pretty cool, interesting how all the pools are fenced in? i wonder what they're reasoning for that is.. you also need your room key to get into the pool area (i'm sure to deter pool hopping). The only sections open were nemo and cars, cars was SO COOL! i felt like i was right in the movie!

disney2012486.jpg

disney2012490.jpg

but since eating lunch there was a failed attempt we went over to downtown disney... be decided to just get pretzels from Wetzels Pretzels.. uhmmm best decision ever! and some free entertainment! We hung out and ate our pretzels at that little outdoor theater where they had some kids performing! So cute!

i was halfway through with stuffing my face with delicious pretzel when i was like :sad: TAKE A PICTURE MARLA!

so here we go, what was left of the deliciousness that is a wetzel pretzel

disney207.jpg

Original Pretzels $3.69

Dan also got a cheese sauce cup, which was ehhhh... not so fresh a little chunky... i stuck with mustard!

Total: $8.57
DDP: 0 credits used
OOP: $9.13

We also had frozen drinks from Goofy's candy shop! I had a frozen coke and Dan had some fruity one - i think like mango? well i can't find it on all ears? but they were 2 snack credits! They were 16oz each!

Total: ??
DDP: 2 Snack Credits
OOP: $0.00

Dan also got a mickey cake pop from the candy shop! This looked so good and i'm regretting not getting one!!!

disney2012496.jpg

disney2012497.jpg

Mickey Cake Pop $3.95

he paid OOP for this because i hold our KTTK cards for safe keeping :rotfl: and he went off on his own lol

Dinner

We have decided that we don't really do well on off days, LOL.. we need PLANS! specific, strategic, well thought out plans! So we were a bit confused and lost lol! so we decided to try eating dinner at the Poly..especially because Dan likes their grilled cheese (which i thought he meant the adults not the childs...)

disney211.jpg

Flatbreads $6.99

disney212.jpg

Gourmet Cupcake (available in market cooler) $3.99

I had the plain cheese flatbread and a pina colada cupcake! YUM! the flatbread was a little crispier than i would have liked it, but i am SO over the disney slab of dough they like to call individual pizzas.. so this was a step up! The cupcake was AHHMAZZING.. but i could only eat half as it was sooo sweet! filled with pineapple creamy chunks.. i know that sounds gross but it was yum yum yum!

well, dan got the kids grilled cheese and i did not feel like capturing this on film as it would not impress many.. LOL but he enjoyed it so i guess things worked out for him!

The kids meal was obvi not on our DDP, so we paid OOP... womp womp

Total: $19.33
DDP: 1 QS credit
OOP: $5.83

Late night SNACK!

well, more like 10pm snack? We went and played mini golf at Fantasia Gardens which we L O V E.. it was CLOSE GAME! i almost won but fudged it on the last hole! yea the last hole where you just have to get it in the one hole that usually is impossible to mess up... well i did.

we stopped at Pop food court one the way back to our room because i needed ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

disney230.jpg

disney229.jpg

Assorted Sundaes - $3.99 to $4.99

This delicious mountain of ice creamy goodness came with 3 scoops and 2 toppings.. you could have mix and matched anything! i was desperate for some yummy hot fudgyness.. so i got mint choc chip, cookies n cream, and vanilla w/ whip cream and hot fudge.. i feel as though i whip cream should be an automatic and i shouldnt have to waste a topping choice on whip cream!!! I WILL WRITE A LETTER TO THE COMPANY! no not really, but i have big ideas that could hook them up! and the best part it was 1 snack credit!

Dan wanted to share this.. and what was i going to say.. no.. but deep down inside i was like...

precious.jpg

precioussss!!! my preciousssss!!!!!

so i agreed to share lol.

disney228.jpg

Chocolate chip cookie $ ?.??

Dan had the cookie, don't everyone jump up with excitement at once.. LOL j/k

Total: ???
DDP: 2 snack credits
OOP: $0.00

Hi Marla,
The only thing my DH and I didn't like that much was the Living with the Land tour. I thougt it was ok, and my DH was asking me if they were paying us to take it. It was just too hot in the greenhouse for him.

AHAHAHA this was exactly how my husband felt!!! He would have rather been anywhere but that greenhouse! the heat was unreal though!!

Lol -- Both of your posts got me laughing pretty hard. Oh how I remember the old days when stuff like this came up with my husband.

LOL story of our lives.. i am convinced i am right and know everything from movies to computers to movie furniture... and he does not have the same kind of faith i have in myself! Which makes for some pretty interesting "discussions" we shall say!

Just got caught up with all your reviews! I have to say that I love your writing style. You are cracking me up! That picture of K. Stew almost made me spit my drink on the computer screen. :lmao:

ahahah I am hoping to include at least one more k.stew pic in this review.. i mean her facial expressions are just spot on! :thumbsup2

As for the difference between Luke Skywalker and Han Solo.......

HanSolo.jpg

dying :rotfl2:

Most true New England lobster rolls here in New England are served on New England style hot dog rolls. They should be buttered and grilled and the lobster should be overflowing so that you are getting more lobster than roll.

A New England style hot dog roll looks like the top of a loaf of bread and its top sliced. (I would post a pic but I can't from my kindle fire.)

If you ever come to Boston, I can recommend places to get good lobster rolls. I can even recommend a couple places in Maine.

I must admit...I am a lobster snob. I mean no offense to anyone, but I love lobster and that CHH roll makes me want to cry.
I so agree with you. That has to be the most sorry excuse for a lobster roll I have ever seen. They should be ashamed of themselves, serving that. :sad:

OP, there are 2 types of lobster rolls you will find in New England. My favorite is the hot lobster roll sauteed in butter and served in a toasted hot dog roll. Amazing and now I want one. GREAT!!!! :crazy2:
images

Notice the large chunks of lobster meat. Just lobster and butter. Heaven in a bun. :worship: I live down the road from the place this picture was taken and I think we may need to go there for dinner.

This is a lobster salad roll, which tends to be a bit more common up north. Just mayo, maybe some chopped celery or onion in there with a touch of salt pepper and maybe a bit of lemon. Very simple. Notice the toasted sides of the bun. 95% of all lobster rolls and most hot dogs are served on buns like this.

mini_7752.jpg

If you ever happen to get up to Wells, Maine and want a mind blowing lobster experience, then you have to go the the Maine diner. Their Lobster Pie. Once you have tasted it here, it just ruins it for every place else. Nothing compares. I think it's the fact that they throw the tomalley in the stuffing. So yummy. Picture just doesn't do it justice.
5a+Maine+Diner+-+lobster+pie.JPG

Okay, enough about lobster. I'm sorry, blame it on pregnancy cravings. :rolleyes1

While we were at HS Dan saw this thing that they had for Star Wars Weekend and it was only going on until the next day.. it was getting your face frozen in carbonite! He really wanted it, so it was his birthday present...total was $115 with shipping and handling.. they take 8 shots of your face and artists will sculpt your face into carbonite, onto luke skywalkers body.. i guess you need to know star wars to understand lol.. well they said it takes a few weeks to get it in the mail, so we are still waiting for it!

disney145.jpg

disney151.jpg
You have to show us a picture of this when it comes in. What a cool idea. I never knew that they did this. I'm jealous!!

This is a lobster salad roll, which tends to be a bit more common up north. Just mayo, maybe some chopped celery or onion in there with a touch of salt pepper and maybe a bit of lemon. Very simple. Notice the toasted sides of the bun. 95% of all lobster rolls and most hot dogs are served on buns like this.

mini_7752.jpg

Oh how I wish we could get those types of buns here in the Midwest. I fell in love with them while visiting Maine years ago, and I can hardly eat those sorry excuse for a hotdog bun we serve here. :(

Well yet another mistake on my wife's part that I need to correct :flower3:

The Wetzel's Pretzel Cheese Sauce that I had with my pretzel...it was not chunky at all I have no idea where she got this from lol...it was hot and fresh and tasty! Sometimes I have to wonder where her thought process comes from :confused3

Oh how I wish we could get those types of buns here in the Midwest. I fell in love with them while visiting Maine years ago, and I can hardly eat those sorry excuse for a hotdog bun we serve here. :(

Yes, these are New England Style Hot Dog rolls. YUM!

I'm actually having a lobster roll for dinner tonight! Can't wait!

Subbing :coffee:

I agree with so much of what you said! I've stayed at Pop three times, and I keep going back because I love their food court. It's nice to know that you can get decent food even when you want to get back to the room early.

I've never tried the frozen cappuccino, but it's now on my list (and we all have a list :rotfl2:)

Ummmmm, sorry, but Dan is absolutely correct about the Mickey ice cream sandwich. It's the weird thing I have to get EVERY time I go DL or WDW.

I love your food report! Thanks for all the hard work. (And I totally agree with you about the Walmart ponchos. I got a bunch when I went to London so I wasn't carrying a dripping wet umbrella into museums, and have taken them on every trip I have taken since.)

Wetzel pretzels, Mickey pops, and that pina colada cupcake - that would be an amazing meal for me! I'm a snacker at heart! :upsidedow Your Trails End review is the first I have seen for that place - thanks for sharing! Not bad at all!

OMG! The Cars section of AoA is so much like Carsland at Disney's California Adventure! I thought you were in another park for a second.

Curious why DH's kid grilled cheese wasn't on the dining plan? I've ordered kid meals at CS places (Contempo Cafe & Pinocchio Village Haus) and they were included. :confused3

Trail's End looks like a yummy place for breakfast.

My son had the same problem with his laptop. Too much dust. We are going to try using the compressed air canisiters.

The horses are so pretty!

You weren’t impressed with the AoA food court? I heard it was the best one on property!

The Cars section is really cool!

Usually Disney flatbreads aren’t the greatest, like you said. I am happy to hear this one was better!

The ice cream looks SO yummy!

The horses are so pretty!

You weren’t impressed with the AoA food court? I heard it was the best one on property!

I think it was mainly because we were tired of eating all that kind of food at that point in the vacation lol...I definitely want to eat there next time though.

Trail's End looks like a great option for breakfast. Having read about the A La Carte menu for lunch , we are thinking of heading over in August.

I really love the flatbreads at WDW - particularly love the BBQ pulled pork flatbread we had at Roaring Fork on our last trip - super delicious :thumbsup2

I had a lot to catch up on!

Your breakfast at Trail's End looks yummy, we are thinking of trying the dinner buffet on our next trip

One thing in your review nearly made me choke on my oatmeal ..... PINA COLADA CUPCAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you may just have found my future favorite snack :thumbsup2

Trail's End looks like a great option for breakfast. Having read about the A La Carte menu for lunch , we are thinking of heading over in August.
it really is great for a down day! so relaxing over there and yummy!

One thing in your review nearly made me choke on my oatmeal ..... PINA COLADA CUPCAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha it was SO good! i attempted to save half but it melted in the heat:sad:

I agree with so much of what you said! I've stayed at Pop three times, and I keep going back because I love their food court. It's nice to know that you can get decent food even when you want to get back to the room early.
I just love pop! i mean i really want to stay at the poly again and i'd love to try staying at other hotels, but we always go back to pop LOL!

Curious why DH's kid grilled cheese wasn't on the dining plan? I've ordered kid meals at CS places (Contempo Cafe & Pinocchio Village Haus) and they were included. :confused3

well we had 2 adult DDPs, so they won't accept a child's meal as an adults.. at least not at Captain Cooks.. not sure about other places, we may just have had a not so accommodating cm lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter