I fell off the ice cream truck...13 days of DDP with pics!*UPDATE: COMPLETED!!*

I just found your reviews and I'm all caught up now. I've been away from the boards for a bit because the gap between my last trip in October of last year and my next trip in January of NEXT :eek: year was just too much for me to handle!

Anyway, I'm really enjoying your reviews. You're hilarious and you have lots of pictures so that keeps me happy while I wait another 5ish months for my next trip :rotfl:

Really enjoy your reviews. Sorry to hear that the brownie from WPE was stale. When going to WPE for dinner we have gotten them to eat the next day as a snack in the afternoon and they were very good.(we go to Ghirardellis for ice cream after having dinner at WPE:yay:)

Totally with you on the four cheese pizza from WPE - DELICIOUS :cloud9:

I've never spotted your vegetarian dish on the menu in Mexico before, I will make a point of trying to get those next time :thumbsup2

Yum! So looking forward to trying Earl of Sandwich at DLR!!!

I am so excited to have all of you along with me! I once read someones dining report where they said that writing all this helps relive the trip and it does!!! I would absolutely suggest doing a dining report on your next trip!

Today we had planned to do AK and then HS.. AK had am extra magic hours, which never really phases us.. i don't ever base our schedule on crowd predictions or avoiding the EMH. I check out the hours of the park and go from there!

So like i said in a previous post, we tended to eat breakfast a Pop almost every morning, it was just much more convenient. If any of you have stayed at Pop, you know they have pretty much the biggest food court ever - there are so many options you could eat there every day for 2 weeks and never get the same thing! *which is pretty much what we did! lol*

So, bright eyed and bushy tailed we headed over very early to grab some breakfast and hit AK!

Breakfast

disney2012002.jpg

POP Waffle with Meat $5.69
Apple Juice Box $1.99
Milk Chocolate 8oz $1.49

we both got the pop waffles, dan got apple juice and i got a chocolate milk (vacation breakfast staple as chocolate milk in my house is like :scared1: ) THESE ARE CONSISTENTLY GOOD. i like to have faith in humanity that even the most disgruntled disney employee (what! never) could not screw up a pop waffle! They were nice and crispy on the outside.. not soggy, which in hindsight, i should have asked them their secret. We have one of those intense waffle makers at home, the kind that rotate.. but sometimes they come out a little soggy. Dan eats his waffle with just butter.... and i more of a syrup kind of girl! The waffle also comes with your choice of meat, bacon or sausage.. so that got handed off to Dan right away. He ended up getting so much bacon this trip because, well im not eating it.. he likes Disney bacon.. from the looks of it though it always seemed a little floppy.. sorry not in this pic! Also, we decided to pay OOP for some quick breakfasts as at first i was not willing to waste a QS/snack credit.. which in the end kind of rushed us to use what we had left.

Total: $15.13
DDP: 0 credits used
OOP: $15.13

We hit up AK and i got some awesome pictures, i'm gonna post them at the end of this - just to share!
Let me say that being at AK is like walking on the surface of the sun, do they import the heat from Africa as well?!?!!? I really have no idea why it seems so much hotter there.. prob all psychological.. those imagineers! Anyways we stopped for a drink at

d20.jpg

The Royal Anandapur Tea Company.. which i had heard about on the Dis and we were aimless looking for this place.. i even pulled out a map lol i know, we keep the map just in case hahah.. a super nice CM heard my anxiety about locating this place as i still don't believe it is located on that map.. but if you all want to go there its almost directly across from the Flights of Wonder theater.. just opposite side and down a little.

disney076.jpg

Frozen Cappuccino $4.79/$5.29/$5.79
Fruit Smoothie $4.79/$5.29/$5.79 ( i believe it was mango)

Dan had the fruit, i had the cappuccino... his was VERY sweet.. i prob couldn't drink the whole thing by myself.. but the frozen cappuccino.. to DIE for, seriously i will have to see if any place up here makes one! so amazing on a hot day in Africa right! the only downside is using the paper straws, but ITS FOR THE ANIMALS!!!!! So we should not complain!
Total: $9.58
DDP: 2 Snack Credits
OOP: $0.00

I also thought i was a genious because in my head im like, well i can use a
Snack Credit so i am going to get the biggest one! hahaha and then the CM was like.. uhm no, only the small is include... OK, that's cool.. i wouldn't even finish that big one anywayssssss.

Lunch

I am not one to plan QS locations, i like to plan and all but i would lose my mind if i had to ensure we were at certain places to go along with the QS schedule.. so we just figure the QS out as we go along!

We decided to head to DTD.. which we love, and we would go to Earl of Sandwhich.. i was a little hesitant at first because i am sometimes peculiar when it comes to food/drinks.. for instance at subway i only like the bread toasted.. even though they have to question me 10x times if i want the cheese melted too.. NO no thank you.. i do not want the cheese melted.. and i tend not to like warm sandwiches.. and Earl is for the most part all heated up! anyways - i checked out the menu and BAM! fresh mozz and tomato sandwhich.. yes please!

Walking through the line, a CM came up and asked if we had any questions, and even though we had been here before, i like to make sure we are all on the same DDP page. So, i asked her what was included which was an entree, a drink, and then you could get a dessert OR you could get a side of potato/macaroni salad/coleslaw! YAY! i was so excited to hear this because usually places do not offer alternatives to dessert and i love their potato salad. For dessert or a side you can get the smaller cups (anything under $2.50), not the large ones.. but a small one was more than enough! They also have some brownies and cupcakes towards the end of the line.. i believe they have some pudding as well!

disney2012198.jpg

The Caprese - fresh mozzarella, roma tomatos, fresh basil and drizzled balsamic vinaigrette $5.99

SO GOOD! there was just enough balsamic to add something to it but not ruin it, ya know! The mozzarella was gooey and tomatoes were nice and cooked!

disney2012199.jpg

Dan just ordered a regular Turkey and Cheddar Cheese.. which i didn't even realize you could just order what you wanted! good to know! $5.99

Dan said it was really good.. he related it to the sandwiches from Panera Bread (if anyone is familiar with that place) so far we were :)

disney2012195.jpg

Here are the $2.50 sides, macaroni and potato salad.
The potato salad was excellent, just enough mayo - big chunks of red skinned potatoes.. and it was NOT sweet.. i do not like when potato/macaroni salad is sweet, not sure why anyone would make it like that :lmao:

Now the macaroni salad was a different story... :headache: WAY WAY WAY too much mayo, think of like having some noodles with your bowl of mayo... the CM who put that together just got a little mayo happy.. basically had no taste other than mayo.. you could save yourself $2.50 and just hit up your fridge now with a big ol spoon and dig into your jar of mayo, and i assure you.. it will taste the same :thumbsup2 haaha
Total: $20.82
DDP: 2 QS

DINNER

Now let me preface this by saying Mama Melrose is one of our favorites.. and i totally jinxed us.. someone had posted on the dis about how they always wait at Mama Melrose for a table.. like so long.. and the one post i do reply to, im like... WOW! I AM SHOCKED, I NEVER WAIT FOR A TABLE, IT'S SO GREAT THERE.. yadda yadda yadda.

Well we arrive, and long story short - they are backed up and will be seating people... wait for it...

40 minutes after your ressie

:scared1: wow, were there a lot of not so happy tourists in that waiting area, but i have to give it to the hostesses/managers.. they stayed so calm and talked so nicely to everyone.. we didnt have anywhere to be, it was evening EMH.. so we sat our tooshies down and waited.. it ended up being about 20min after our ressie that we got seated. The smaller groups tended to get sat sooner, but when we went in we saw so many empty tables so im not exactly sure how or why they were so backed up.

Holly was our waitress, she was very cool and very apologetic about the wait.. no problemo

she brought out some
disney2012200.jpg

WARM and crispy on the outside! has anyone learned the secret to not stuff yourself with bread!?? please share if you have!

we were starving, so what did we do....
disney2012201.jpg

Crispy Calamari for Two - topped with grilled peppers and onions, served with dipping sauces $12.99

now Dan and I are from NJ, we are EYE TALIAN :rotfl: sicilian and napoleton :thumbsup2 so, we know our food.. and if you want to talk like a TRUE italian, you say "galamad" that is how calamari is pronounced up here.. but in Disney i do say " C A L I M A R I " because otherwise i get this look :confused:.. !!

They changed this up a bit from the last time i've had it and they did a great job, not too chewy, didn't fall out of the breadcrumbs which sometimes leaves you with just the squid. AND the dipping sauces were awesome, a spicy marinara, sweet honey sauce, and some pesto!

I would like to say that Dan and I work as a couple because i like the tenticles and he likes the rings.. thats just how we roll :hug: lol

disney2012202.jpg

Charred Strip Steak - with five-cheese baked macaroni, aged balsamic-shallot butter, and Chianti Wine Reduction $28.99
Sorry! didn't realize until now that this is blurry!

We had to send the steak back because Dan ordered it well done and it obviously spent about 2.5 seconds on the grill.. i get it though the cooks are trying to turn out that food especially with a backed up house, but is it really worth it to ignore orders? Dan said the steak was good when it did come, and he had eaten all his mac and cheese before they took the steak back, it was very creamy, thick and cheeeeesey!! And when they brought the steak back out they threw on some more mac and cheese! :cloud9:

disney2012203.jpg

Seafood Cioppino - fresh clams, shrimp, calamari, and mussels tossed with fregola pasta and a flavorful tomato seafood broth $21.99
This was.. alright. We have our own rating scale.. if i say something is "alright" means i wouldn't get it again or didnt like it... The pasta was like aci de pepe.. if you have ever had that they are tiny little round pasta balls.. the tomato broth was a little spicy and they do give you a pretty good portion of seafood, but they do bulk it up with calamari.. which since i just ate.. i was not interested. I'm glad i tried it but i wouldn't get this again.

disney2012204.jpg

Chocolate Amarettini Cheesecake $5.49
This was yummy, i tried it.. pretty good for cheesecake

but the real winner was

disney2012205.jpg

Chocolate Cannoli Cake - with cannoli and nutella filling $5.99
this little bad boy made up for that extended wait time! PLEASE go there and eat this... cannoli filling + nutella... you have just died and gone to eye talian heaven with Don Corleone!!! if you have never had nutella.. get to the store right now!!

Total: $75.45
DDP: 2 TS
OOP: $12.99 + tip

*Side note* I think disney is on to us DDP people who are trying to determine the value of the plan, i RARELY got a receipt with the totals.. next to all our food it always says $0.00 - unless it was not on the plan, so all the prices i am estimating using all ears*

next post will have some pictures from AK!

I just started reading your review! Loving it because I just made reservations at several of these restaurants. So is Via Napoli a place you would eat at again?

I have a question about the WPE 4 cheese pesto pizza. I see it has 4 slices but can you tell me how big it really is? Like a 10" pizza?? My DD and I really want to try this pizza but we can't eat an entire pizza + dessert (gotta have the creme brulee) and still have dinner 5 hours later. I know, I'm a glutton who will not cancel a meal, I just find a way to make it work!! :laughing:

Your empanadas de queso look sooo good! I need another Epcot day just to squeeze in CS options like that!!!

HEY ALL! SORRY I HAVE BEEN SO MIA! lots and lots of stuff going on around here!! will def get a review up tomorrow or friday!!! :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness!! Yummo!! Loving your dining adventure! I love Wolfgang Puck Express also, but seeing that you like breakfast, you need to have breakfast there on your next day 'off'. They have amazing eggs, breakfast pizza, omelettes, and a huge belgin waffle with fresh fruit and whipped cream, which we got on the side for my grandson. Excellent!!

Looking forward to more!

WOW! it has been a while!!!! I can't believe i haven't written in over a month! The end of the summer flew by with BBQ's, birthdays (mine included! 26, i feel old! :rotfl:) and my new job (well semi-new, i used to work at this school) as PRE-K teacher! it's not k-5 or public school.. but i'm teaching which is what i love, so hopefully i will make it into the public schools at some point! So, after the first few crazy weeks of school.. i finally have a weekend that i have some time and i am going to bust out these last 3 days of reviews!!! I have my pumpkin spice coffee and i am ready to go!! (so excited for fall!)

Breakfast

A few years ago we decided we would branch out and try some new places.. now me, i am all for new! i'm always down to try new foods from different cultures/countries.. Dan is a creature of habit :scratchin .. so when we were looking for a new place and we saw the menu for Boma, i was totally on board.. i think he was a little more hesitant because the menu had things like.. pap and boboli??? LOL but we went, LOVE LOVE LOVED IT and have made it a must do on every trip since! we have only gone for breakfast though, so i can't comment on any other meals there!

disney280.jpg

my plate - think i've said before i'm totally a carb for breakfast kind of girl..so anytime i can get waffles, count me in.. this was yummy as was the potatoes! Disney seems to be the only place i can get breakfast potatoes.. all places here in NJ seem to just have hashbrowns.. i'd kill for some bfast potatoes! Also on the plate is some mushy brown stuff.. which is Brioche.. never had it before BUT it was un-freaking-real!!! i had to get another bowl which you will see a few pics down

OMG i just remembered a major major disappointment!!!

SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH GOAT CHEESE

please tell me i'm not the only person who remembers this!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the eggs with goat cheese.. and i was so excited to get some... but when i went up to scoop some on my plate.. THEY WERE NOT THERE!!! and then i check all ears.. and theyr not on the menu!! I never got a chance to ask, but if anyone can shed some light on why my absolute favorite food there was missing.. please share :confused3

disney282.jpg

Dan's plate

disney283.jpg

some more of mine.. FYI.. from our honeymoon last November, i have developed a real fondness for croissants.. i eat them wherever and whenever i can.. LOL as long as i'm not attempting to eat clean.. which is most of the time. but when i'm not eating clean .. <3 me some croissants!! (that should be on a t-shirt)

disney284.jpg

Dan's pap/oatmeal

so this looks really yummy right... well.. Dan went up to get a second plate and i'm like.. hmm i like oatmeal.. let me try some of this..

oh god.. i almost vomited right there on the table.. this was the consistency of watered down glue.. sticky and thick.. mushy and tasted like wet cardboard... but hey.. perhaps some one out there might like it.. Dan hated it to and for some reason we started calling it "Mealie Pap" .. we actually made a wonderful song about it that we would sing while driving and waiting at lights.. i'd share it with you but it's totally not PG ...LOL

disney285.jpg

West African Frunch (a combination of lemonade, pineapple juice, guava juice, orange juice, and papaya juice).

this is REALLY good.. it's a little sweet, but its kind of like crack.. you drink one glass and your like.. ehh its really sweet i think i'll switch to water, then the server comes by with the pitcher and your like... YES YES GIVE ME MORE
:worship:

disney286.jpg

okay here is the brioche again.. i realized to make it even MORE amazing pour some syrup on it and it is like :wizard: M A G I C!!

another thing i love about Boma.. we usually do this on our AK day and we get an early early res like.. 8:15am, and it is always sooo soo empty!

Total: $48.98
OOP: +Tip

Lunch

This was our second AK day, with only 2 days left and extra dining credits we decided to use one for Rainforest Cafe.. we are not super in love with RC.. we used to go all the time to the DTD location, had a bad interaction with the staff there and decided to spend our money elsewhere.. but for the sake of using our credits we went to the RC at AK... we also have a RC here in NJ thats like 45 min away.. so if we wanted a little disney feeling we could always go there..but

here goes..

first let me preface this by saying i had serious issues with our server..At first he came to the table, was super duper nice.. and then asked if we were on the dining plan.. yes.. can i have your card.. sure.. he takes the card and leaves..

WHAT. excuse me.. i have never had someone take my card at the beginning of the meal.. why is he doing this???

so now i am really freaking out.. perhaps it is totally irrational BUT, thats like someone walking away with my credit card.. before i even ordered my food???
at this point i am not even paying attention to the menu.. my eyes are locked on him following his every move.. in my head i'm like.. is this their policy.. why did he take my card.. it must have been a mistake, hes going to come back and apologize for accidentally taking it.. yea thats it.

well he comes back and wants to take my order, so i calmly ask him .. do you have my card??? and he says yes and he pats his little fanny pack - letting me know its safely in there?? HUH.. and i guess he saw the look of confusion, irritation and anger on my face and he says.. DID YOU WANT IT BACK..

now im :furious: .. okay i start questioning him why he is holding it, is this their policy.. etc. and he keeps coming back at me - but im just so annoyed i say whatever. IF that is your policy (i know RC is not owned by Dis) he should have been up front with it from the beginning, letting me know they hold onto the card for XYZ reason.. but no, he takes it and gives no explanation and then catches a 'TUDE with me when i question it...

disney287.jpg

Volcanic Cobb Salad - Grilled chicken breast, Romaine and iceberg lettuce, crumbled blue cheese, black olives, tomatoes, chopped egg, and bacon. Tossed with Paradise Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing $16.99

this was the cobb salad minus the chicken and bacon, and you better believe that horrific server gave me a hard time about leaving off the chicken and bacon.. he must have wanted to bust my chops.

disney288.jpg

Caribbean Coconut Shrimp - Tender shrimp rolled in fresh coconut and fried to a golden brown, served with a sweet mango sauce $22.99

disney290.jpg

This was a mango sorbet.. THE BEST part of the meal.. and that's not saying much..

disney291.jpg

Chocolate Diablo cake

The salad was a cobb salad.. nothing magical.. Dan liked his coconut shrimp and rice but i think the chocolate cake was just plain.. the mango sorbet was really really good - i would have ate more but i wanted to get out of there asap, and prob the only thing that saved the meal from being a total disaster

THIS PLACE IS ENTIRELY OVER PRICED FOR THE FOOD.. and the service...

lol, i thought i'd give RC another chance.. but nope.. i'm done.. not going to waste my money here

Total: $62.79

Snack

Dan wanted to get some more time in playing Sorcerer's of MK so i thought i would get a mickey pretzel! I deserved one after our lunch fiasco...

disney292.jpg

Mickey Pretzel $4.50

so so so yummy.. disney makes the best of everything, and pretzels are included, and it looks like mickey.. c'mon.. what is not to LOVE.

Total: $4.50
DDP: 1 snack

Dinner

We had ressies at Chef Mickeys, another favorite.. even though i always think people are like.. why are these two here.. they dont have kids! but whatevs! we like the food and the characters so what!!!

disney294.jpg

disney295.jpg

disney301.jpg

disney303.jpg

disney304.jpg

i love the salad bar at chef mickeys.. i'm obsessed with cheese cubes and they have a couple really yummy sea food salads! :thumbsup2 They also have some salmon over rice which is to die for!!! i went back for seconds! Dan loves the kids food lol.. the mickey mac and cheese.. and we both love the mickey raviolis!! i wish they sold them in stores!! they also had some hummus with pita bread, i think it might have been a little stale BUT it was really good so i bet if it was fresh it'd be thebomb.com

i love their little desserts too! the little mickey oreo bomb with mousse on top is the cutest thing i have ever seen, so chocolatey but i could eat 10 of them!

they also saw it was Dan's birthday and brought out a cute choc cupcake! so thoughtful!!

Always a good experience at chef mickey's! we also got to see all the characters!

Total: $91.58

i am always amazed at how expensive some of these buffets are, and i know if we had not been on the dining plan there is no way we'd pay almost 100$ for this lol

this will be a short review because we ended up spending all day at US and we didn't even eat dinner..lol

Breakfast

Breakfast at Pop had to be quick, we had a lot to do at US so we needed to get out fast.. we took bagels to go..

disney306-1.jpg

Bagel with Cream Cheese $2.59

Total: $9.18
DDP: 2 QS

Lunch

We actually managed to get everything done before lunch!! We stopped at this place called Louie's Italian Restaurant.. they have a pretty good meal deal at US which we might have taken advantage of if i had seen it earlier.. it's like $20 and you can eat at like 3 or 4 places all day.. as much as you want.. but we didn't see it till later so we figured mayb next time.. We usually also like to eat at Finnegan's which is an irish restaurant/pub in US but again we didn't want to drop any more money on food lol..

disney315.jpg

we both got two slices, they were huge and really tasty! i had a veggie and regular.. dan had i believe cheese and pepperoni!

Total: $15.88
DDP: N/A
OOP: $15.88

Dan was dying for Dip N Dots, so we got that too! We had scored a spot under an umbrella outside and it started raining so we just sat and people watched while eating our dots! it was fun!

disney316.jpg

I had cookie dough and he had cookies and cream!

no clue on how much this was ??

at some point we decided to share some deep fried oreos!

disney327.jpg

SO SO SO AMAZING AND GOOD! it took a while to get because they ran out of batter and we had to wait but we had plenty of time to kill..

Dinner if you can call it that.. lol

well we spent the whole afternoon just hanging around because we wanted to see this new water show they had for their 100 year anniversary.. well we found a perfect spot and we didn't want to lose it, so Dan went over to mel's drive in and i just wanted some fries.. he ended up getting some chicken nuggets and fries.. they charged us for two fries, only gave us one and i guess it slipped his mind.. so we ended up sharing.. and i didn't even take a pic..whoops lol..

Well finally it was time to see this show, best spot ever.. we are watching it's starting.. it's a water type show in the main lagoon.. the music is bumping.. it's starting to shoot up really high the water and then.. BAM..

A BAJILLION GALLONS OF WATER RAIN DOWN FROM THE HIGH HEAVENS LIKE THE BIG MAN UP STAIRS JUST HAD A PIPE BURST!!!@

the entire area was flooded with water, i had never seen so many people scared out of their minds, NO ONE was expecting to be completely drenched, people were yelling and running.. everyone had their camera's out, phones.. everything and we were SOAKED.. luckily i had everything in my bag.. but we were still totally drenched and at that point i wasnt even paying attention to the show anymore.. we had moved away but i was panicked i was going to get wet again.. so now i am freezing, and we had been planning to get ghiradelli's again tonight... we left right at the end of the show and managed to make it to DTD just in time.. we were soaking wet.. but nothing was going to stop me from getting ICE CREAM!!!

disney328.jpg

The Gold Rush - Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sundae - Vanilla ice cream with freshly homemade hot fudge and melted peanut butter throughout. Topped with whipped cream, chopped almonds, a cherry and Ghirardelli Squares milk chocolate $8.95

Mint Bliss - one scoop of mint chip ice cream, one scoop of chocolate ice cream, dark chocolate hot fudge sauce, whipped cream and a square of Mint Bliss Intense Dark chocolate $8.95

Dan finally had his Peanut Butter.. he is a PB junkie... and i had the mint bliss.. it was really good but i regretted not getting the espresso escape again lol.. i love coffee and ice cream... but it was still amazing

Total: $17.90
DDP: 0 credits
OOP: $17.90

here we are! We made it to the last day of our trip!!! So sad but at the same time, we had a ton of fun.. got to do everything we wanted and kind of ready to head back home...

Breakfast

Pop breakfast for one last time.. and i promise on our next trip we will branch out at more breakfast places LOL!

disney330.jpg

Chocolate Chip Pancakes with side of meat $6.29

disney329.jpg

Bacon Croissant Sandwich with breakfast potatoes $6.99
minus the bacon

Dan loved his chocolate chip pancakes, i think he regretted not getting them more, and my croissant sammy was delish!

Total: $17.28
DP: 2 QS

Lunch

Tutto Italia is totally new for us.. it had changed hands a few times over the years, i remember going there when i was a kid and then Dan and I went there once, i think his first time at Disney but we haven't been back since.. well

we both agreed unanimously..

BEST MEAL OF THE ENTIRE TRIP

i know, we were shocked too! lol, we expected it to be good.. but not to be phenomenal!

disney331.jpg

first came the bread and some OLIVES.. i'm an italian girl and i have NEVER EVER EVER tasted olives as good as these... i mean they must have just been picked and fed ex'd over from Italia... i could have just eaten these for lunch! Dan loved the crispy thin breadsticks!

disney332.jpg

Spiedini Di Spada - Swordfish skewers, Sicilian style eggplant, chick pea fritters $27

this were amazing, my first time having swordfish and it was thebomb.com!!!! AND this Sicilian style eggplant was insane.. it was so friggen tasty! the chick pea fritter wasn't exactly what i was expecting, a little mushy but i didn't even need that.. i had the swordfish and the eggplant/veggie mix.. not to mention they are really generous with the portions..

disney333.jpg

Fettuccine Vecchia Roma - pancetta, parmesan cream $24.00

Dan thought this was delicious and i'm pretty sure he cleared the whole bowl! and it was a lot!

for dessert i knew i just had to have a cannoli!

disney334.jpg

Cannoli - crisp pastry filled with sweet ricotta, chocolate and candied orange $12

it was jumbo sized and i almost died of cute overload when i saw the little cinnamon fork and knife :scratchin

disney335.jpg

Mocha Tiramisu - mascarpone cheese, espresso coffee, savoiardi biscuits and chocolate $9

we both agreed THIS tiramisu was delicious! ... (and how a tiramisu should taste.. not soggy :rolleyes2)

the service was wonderful, the place is really nice... we will for sure be back!

Total: about $76.50
DP: 2 TS
OOP: +tip

Dinner

and to end the trip and Dan's birthday celebration I thought we'd do Cinderella's Castle.. now Dan has never been here, i hadn't been it at least 10 years.. it's just one of those places you need to eat in at least once just to say you ate in there... the menu didn't make us scream with excitement, but i wanted the last night to be special and Dan had never been!

It seemed liked we waited longer than needed and some people who came in after us were getting seated first.. i tried to schedule our ressie when the fireworks would go off thinking you'd be able to see them.. but no you cant lol.. we got a great spot right next to a window but it had been raining and the window was wet and we couldn't see out :worried:

Our server was nice, she brought us over a sword and a magic wand LOL the kind they give to children... and since it was Dan's birthday, when we got to the table there was a wonderful laminated princess place mat waiting for him :rotfl2: ..i was dying LOL..

disney2012646.jpg

First we got some bread
disney2012642.jpg

then we ordered our food, and it came out SO fast.. almost like it was already prepped.. but i guess when you have a limited menu, this stuff is sitting and waiting..

disney2012641.jpg

I had the soup of the day which was some sort of seafood soup, it was pretty good!

disney2012644.jpg

Royal Tasting of Cheese - a trio of cheeses with accompaniments

Dan had the royal cheeses which were fancy fancy and he wasn't crazy about fancy cheese lol

disney2012650.jpg

Chicken or Tuna Chopped Salad - chopped chicken or grilled tuna, mixed greens, Kalamata Olives, feta, tomatoes, cucumbers and oregano vinaigrette

i had the tuna chopped salad, they had a swordfish option which i would have gotten but having already had swordfish earlier.. lol.. the tuna salad was good.. i mean i would have liked something more exciting for the $$ but it was fine..

disney2012649.jpg

Roasted Beef Tenderloin - Sliced Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Duchess Potatoes, Asparagus, and a Chasseur Sauce

Dan thought this was okay... he was worried he wouldn't like the sauce but he ate most of it i believe!

and now.. for dessert... well the surprise...

disney2012654.jpg

i had Disney catering make a cake for my dear hubs!! He loves aladdin, so i thought this would be fun! The cake was only about $35.. but boy did they give me the run around trying to get this... many phone calls and e-mails.. and unfortunately i didn't get the Disney service through the ordering process, but they came through in the end! It was so cute! almost too cute to eat.. ALMOST.. lol..

Total: about $178.86
DP: 4 TS
OOP: +tip

honestly, we prob won't go back here until we have children, and i couldn't imagine paying out of pocket even if it's in the castle, lol.. but it was a good experience

Well we got out just in time for some fireworks! Dan wanted to hit up some sorcerer trading before we left.. i decided to head down to main street, we had so many snack credits left that i headed to the candy shop towards the beginning of mains street. I went in with and my eyes checked out the snacks behind the counter and i knew i was gonna make a huge haul!

So i'm standing on line.. and one of the CMs is helping me, and then another one comes to me and i think she said.. did you want cupcakes.. but i wasn't paying attention and i just said.. oh no thanks i'm being helped already.. then she says.. "DO YOU LIKE CUPCAKES?" and shes all smiley.. and i'm like.. yea! who doesn't! well she pulls her arm out from behind her and hands me a cute little pink cupcake.. no charge! SO NICE! such a special little bit of disney magic!

disney2012667.jpg

it got a little squished in the bag lol

disney2012665.jpg

disney2012666.jpg

so here was my haul! and when i got to the checkout, a little bit more magic, something was wrong with their computer so they didn't charge me for the chocolate covered marshmallows! pixiedust: this pixie dust is just raining down on me!!!

we used 6 snack credits for this..

well we headed back to hotel and started to pack up the car... but i needed to end the vacation with one last thing..

disney2012669.jpg

that's right! i finally got my mickey bar on the last night :) .. one last bit of disney ice cream before we had to leave!

i used another snack credit and we had a few more left so we got some of the randoms around pop food court.. some bags of pretzels, nilla waffers.. etc.

and on the way back from the car i spotted this guy.. I LOVE FROGS!
disney2012671.jpg

i felt bad afterwards though, lol.. i thought the flash might have hurt his little froggy eyes ... haha

WELL... it's over.. we always say see you later.. never goodbye because we will always come back to disney!!!

Thanks so much for all of you who tagged along for this ride! I hope you enjoy my cray cray reviews and antics! and all the ICE CREAM! i'm thinking on our next trip, i might have a separate review and try to see if i can eat every ice cream offering in like.. one of the parks.. like epcot or MK!

we're actually in the process of planning our trip for next June land and sea! it's that time to do our disney cruise again! this time were gonna try the 7day western carib and then do possibly a week before at disney! should be interesting!!!!

thanks again everyone!!!

I usually just lurk through food reports, looking for a specific restaurant mainly but I liked yours and just kept reading! Then you made me laugh once too often when you ripped the ears off the Mickey shampoo and stuck em on your droid so I had to comment :goodvibes! That's the best Disney tip ever I think :goodvibes!
Regarding your food reviews I really enjoyed the your style, the lay out and the pics so good job! Strange because I love Disney, the parks and the attractions but it's the food I obsess about :thumbsup2!

I just read through all of your reviews. What an awesome trip! I'm hoping we can do one that long at some point! I especially loved your window decorations at the resort. And the amount of ice cream - I truly aspire to eat as many desserts on our next trip! It makes my Disney fanatic, ice cream-loving self cry inside that in all the years I have never made it to Ghirardelli. :sad:

If you have a chance, post that recipe for the coffee drink for exercise recovery that you mentioned?

My mom is also a pre-K teacher in NJ - the NW side though. :)

at some point we decided to share some deep fried oreos!

disney327.jpg

SO SO SO AMAZING AND GOOD! it took a while to get because they ran out of batter and we had to wait but we had plenty of time to kill..

OMG these look amazing, where did you get them from??????

Then you made me laugh once too often when you ripped the ears off the Mickey shampoo and stuck em on your droid so I had to comment :goodvibes! That's the best Disney tip ever I think :goodvibes!

hahah thanks! if that moment was recreated in animation, there would have been a giant light bulb over my head! i dont think i have ever been so pleased with myself LOL

If you have a chance, post that recipe for the coffee drink for exercise recovery that you mentioned?

Starbuck Via Instant Ice Coffee Packet (i only use half)
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk (or regular milk is fine)
10 ice cubes!

SO GOOD.. sometimes i have it even when i haven't worked out LOL.. it's like an coffee ice cream shake!

OMG these look amazing, where did you get them from??????

they were from Universal Studios! It was across from Twister, in the "ny park" area with the benches and faux brownstones! :thumbsup2 so yummy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter