• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind!!

Thank you for the kind words. They help me, I know. I enjoy seeing the pictures and being right there again.

I am glad we still have a few people hanging on until the end. When we finish this one, Jill will start the October one, if anyone wants to move right from July to October - from firecrackers to jack-o-lanterns. It's magic, like at the real Disney World. We move from one holiday to the next overnight! :goodvibes
I am still in July too. I need to also move on to the end of September for DL. I am lucky that most of my October is woven into Rosie's TR and MEK and enadesmom.

I might get a quick half marathon update in and before I know it I will back in May. :cool1:

I know I'm a little late to the party, but your TR title caught my eye so I decided to join in so I can find you and read about your trip! :cool1: :goodvibes

Hey Goofyfan, great to have you around.

Thanks for another wonderful Disney Trip Report. I enjoyed every picture, and look forward to the Oct. report. I love the fall colors at Disney.:goodvibes

Booo! :rotfl2: Have to disagree with you on that one. :goodvibes

Thought that would be your reaction. Take Care!

I am enjoying this lil friendly competition here. :goodvibes

Thanks MeMom can't wait to read the new one

It will be interesting to switch gears and move from red, white, and blue to orange and gold. October is a great time to be in Disney World, so I am looking forward to re-living it through the report. :)

I am still in July too. I need to also move on to the end of September for DL. I am lucky that most of my October is woven into Rosie's TR and MEK and enadesmom.

I might get a quick half marathon update in and before I know it I will back in May. :cool1:

Hey Goofyfan, great to have you around.

Between all of our DIS friends, someone is just about always in Disney World year round, but when there is a lull, we always have these trips reports to enjoy. :thumbsup2

Keep us posted on the half marathon. :cheer2: If we lived closer, we could drive down :drive: and cheer you on.

We love getting new friends in town! :jumping1:
So many of our old crew have gotten busier with life - a lot of them due to becoming Disney travel agents :earsgirl: - and kids and work and school and marriages, etc. We miss them being around, and it is good to still keep up through Facebook, but it always, always nice to be making new friends to add to the group. Jill and I feel so privileged to know people from all over the U.S. and in other countries, as well.

Sounds like another great TR is on the way........

Thank you. We hope you will enjoy the pictures, even if you can't take the corny jokes and many typos in the written parts of it. ;) Glad to have you here. :)

Really? The last day?
How did this happen......:confused3

Well, thirteen days can't last forever, you know. :laughing: I got over seven months out of it, but that's the best I could do!

Thanks for another wonderful Disney Trip Report. I enjoyed every picture, and look forward to the Oct. report. I love the fall colors at Disney.:goodvibes

I was just thinking of you the other day. Hope all is well with you and your sweet fella. :) We need to see you guys again! Any chance you'll come to Nashville on July 6th?

Before I start with pictures this morning, I do want to say again how much we appreciate your visits to our reports. So many of you we really do know in real life now, and you have become friends. There is something special about Disney families and friendships. If we have not crossed paths on a WDW trip yet, we hope we can do that in the future, and if not, maybe we'll meet you at a DIS meet in some other place at some point. Also, we love it when those of you who live close to each other get to meet in person and get to know each other, as well. We have several DIS friends who started talking on our reports, discovered that they lived close to each other and/or had the same interests, and have developed real life friendships. That really is cool to us. :) And, we love making new friends through every report. :dance3: We hope you won't be scared away by my goofy :goofy: comments sometimes. I am guilty as charged, but that's just me, so hopefully you can overlook that and enjoy the pictures of your favorite place :smickey: in spite of it.

Also, we are keeping in mind those of you who are snowbound this morning. We hope it is pretty to look at, but that it is not causing problems and power outages for you. Check in with your snow results, if you will. Leslie L. said they had about a foot, I think, at last report. Amy was supposed to get 2-3 feet, I believe! :scared1:

So, let's get back to leaving. :sad:

Brooklynn took her last few minutes to hula hoop some more.

EndofSummer2012WDW528.jpg

Angel was pouting.

EndofSummer2012WDW529.jpg

This is an exciting sight when you pull in on the ME bus, but it is a horrible tease when you are pulling away on the UnME bus. ;)

EndofSummer2012WDW530.jpg

Do we hafta go? :sad1:

EndofSummer2012WDW531.jpg

The bus of doom. :upsidedow

EndofSummer2012WDW532.jpg

Enjoy your day, people who are waiting for Disney buses to take you to fun places!

EndofSummer2012WDW533.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW534.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW535.jpg

Watch how quickly the whole atmosphere changes when we drive past this.

EndofSummer2012WDW537.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW538.jpg

See?
It loses the magic very quickly.
I mean, it's a perfectly nice field, but there is no music, and it doesn't smell like chocolate chip cookies. I see no entertainment in the streets. No red and purple signs, either.

But in true Disney fashion, they try to help us not weep for too long by reminding us of our great times promising us that we can come back any time!

EndofSummer2012WDW539.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW540.jpg

I agree with this!

EndofSummer2012WDW542.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW543.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW544.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW547.jpg

There are so many fun events to come back for.

EndofSummer2012WDW548.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW549.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW550.jpg

Our whole year 2013 is better because we have this to look forward to at the end of it.

EndofSummer2012WDW551.jpg

Well, we're not doing the party, but we're going for a Christmas to New Year trip. :santa:

Another nice bus driver signed Brooklynn's book.

EndofSummer2012WDW552.jpg

Heading to Birmingham.

EndofSummer2012WDW553.jpg

Brooklynn always wants to check out the Sea World shop.

EndofSummer2012WDW554.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW555.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW556.jpg

If I had a million dollars, I would get my students all of these books. They would love them!

EndofSummer2012WDW557.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW560.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW558.jpg

I really wanted to free these guys.

EndofSummer2012WDW559.jpg

Cute girly things.

EndofSummer2012WDW561.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW562.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW563.jpg

How many of you can picture yourself standing here right now?

EndofSummer2012WDW564.jpg

The last moments are always so sad.
But you know you will be back and I know that helps because it always helps me. :)

Half Marathon was Jan 12. Hopefully I can recap on my TR before the next half rolls around ;)
Spoiler alert : I did finish! :laughing:

And now, it gets really sad.

EndofSummer2012WDW565.jpg

Let's not go, Brooklynn! Let's stay here forever and go to Disney World any time we want! :yay:

But first, we have to go back home and get everyone else on board with that idea. :upsidedow

I do not pass these floors without taking a picture.

EndofSummer2012WDW566.jpg

In March, my first picture after disembarking the plane will be of the mosaic tile floors. That will be the beginning of many times my friend, Kay, will stop and look at me like I am crazy.

Are these as good as the Mickey ones?

EndofSummer2012WDW567.jpg

I may have to try them sometime. The combinations sound delicious!

I could have gotten one of these and brought it home to live - for about five minutes.

EndofSummer2012WDW568.jpg

I am not that cruel. I left them all to live long, healthy lives with others. :)

Brooklynn cheered up Yeti Cat by letting her wear her hair braid.

EndofSummer2012WDW569.jpg

In the air.

EndofSummer2012WDW570.jpg

EndofSummer2012WDW571.jpg

As hard as it had been to have Jill and Bella have to leave us a few days earlier, I absolutely treasured my time with Brooklynn alone. We went at our own pace, and we did whatever she wanted to do. We talked. We laughed. I love her SOOOOOOO much! :love: I hope she will remember some of the trip as she grows up. And Bella got to be the spoiled only child at home, too. :thumbsup2

We have already discussed that if I do alone time in the future, it will be on the front end of trips. The leaving part is too hard, but it will be much nicer knowing Jill and others are on their way to join us when we reverse that. In December, it looks like Brooklynn, Bella, and I will be going down early the morning of December 26th, and the others will be coming a day or two later. That should work out nicely. I will get to spoil my two big girls, and then everyone else will be coming to join in the fun!

Anyway, we hope you have enjoyed this 13 day/7 month trip! Thanks for hanging with us. As soon as Jill gets the intro to October started, please come and join us again, if your sanity can survive it. :goodvibes

I can't believe that tr took 7 months.... so much has happened since then. I did enjoy the fun- filled 13 days.
While, I have never left via the unmagical express, it is always sad in our car too. This past November wasn't too bad because we knew we were going in December, but that is when Justin started his June,June, June campaign. When we left on Jan 1 with the band, the director was taking pictures to put on twitter and getting all sad . So, being the mom, I started with the " it's easier to leave driving than flying because you can kind of ease back into reality" speech... and then reminded him that he was going to be back 3x in the next 7 months. He, too, is obsessed.

Have a great weekend, I'll post a picture on fb of the driveway with the snow before Jerry starts the final dig:)

I am one of those who made a couple friends through your reports, including one amazing real-life best friend! I am so grateful for the time I've had here with Katie and Patrick. :goodvibes:

So, yes, winter storm Nemo delayed our travel plans...we live in the greater Boston area and were supposed to fly into Logan today around three. My dad called Delta on Thursday afternoon and asked what they had for Sunday. The agent basically laughed and said there was nothing till Tuesday. This was on THURSDAY! We got a direct flight at the exact same time on Tuesday that our flight today would've been. Oh, and three whole extra days in Disney. We went to guest services at Epcot last night and added three more days to our tickets. If you've gotta be stuck somewhere because of a snowstorm, there is no better place than Disney!

Such a fun TR like always, MeMom!

We are riding the ME for the first time in May, so I'm sure I will cry the whole way to the airport watching that video. :sad2:

So sad the trip is over but looking forward to the next one! I love watching your girls grow up in each report.

Jill in CO

Megablocks said:
I am one of those who made a couple friends through your reports, including one amazing real-life best friend! I am so grateful for the time I've had here with Katie and Patrick. :goodvibes:

So, yes, winter storm Nemo delayed our travel plans...we live in the greater Boston area and were supposed to fly into Logan today around three. My dad called Delta on Thursday afternoon and asked what they had for Sunday. The agent basically laughed and said there was nothing till Tuesday. This was on THURSDAY! We got a direct flight at the exact same time on Tuesday that our flight today would've been. Oh, and three whole extra days in Disney. We went to guest services at Epcot last night and added three more days to our tickets. If you've gotta be stuck somewhere because of a snowstorm, there is no better place than Disney!

Enjoy your extra days...we'll hold down the fort here in New England :)

My DH gives a :thumbsup2 to the coconut patties, he buys them every trip. He only discovered the Mickey ones back in August and got some with his snack credits.
We still brought home a big box like you pictured, from Walmart though. My DH has only had the original flavour, but my DDs want to try a few others this summer.
They often have big bags of taffy when we visit Walmart too, what is this like, should we try some? We love to try different goodies that we can't get over here, we also brought back some Oreos, M&Ms and Pop Tarts in different flavours to what we can get at home.

Stay safe and keep warm everyone in the path of the snowstorm, it is big news over here :hug:

So true- Enjoy your bonus Disney days !!!!

Snow2913009.jpg

Hi Fans of this TR. We got away easy. No loss of heat and electricity, but further out on Long Island got slammed, all the roads were closed, and more drama.... DH is thinking " 3 Days until Pitchers and Catchers Report!", a nod to his Yankee jacket. Hope everyone is safe and warm.

Our drive is now clear and we will venture out later to see if anything is open. The sun is out and still a bit windy :)

I am really looking forward to your October report. We had to move our dates from Dec and now we are going in Oct. I can't wait. Lexi doesn't know yet but she has been asking every day now for about 3 weeks when we can go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter