I can't stand the new WDW website...link to old?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Christen99, Apr 1, 2013.

1. OklahomaTourist

OklahomaTourist Mouseketeer

You can get to your reservation and current balance link via this URL:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations

It will bounce you to the login page; log in, and you'll bounce back to the old reservations page, which should have a link at the top to your current balance and the payment page.

Bookmark it and you won't have to skate through the MDE maelstrom quite so much, hopefully :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dramaticmissy

dramaticmissy Mouseketeer

We could not see where to pay online so we had to call every time we made a payment and then they were very slow getting us an email confirmation, because there was two of paying for the trip (we are two mothers taking our kids for Mother's Day) this made it really difficult. Just irritating

4. Jillscabanastories

Jillscabanastories Earning My Ears

New website is confusing, really hard to navigate, but kiddos for the eye appeal.

5. sfbntpc

sfbntpc Earning My Ears

I don't like the new DVC website either :( it is more similar to the new Disney site, luckily some links take me back to the old DVC site that they have not changed yet. Older one was way more user friendly. Gave the new one a pretty bad review in an online survey.

6. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

O my! How ridiculously frustrating!!!!

I can only tell you how I stay un-frustrated....:scratchin

I stay off the flippin website and screwed app!:badpc:

I don't give a flying tinker bell about either one! They will only lead to more and more frustration and that is the LAST thing any of us need! So, I've stayed off the website cuz it stinks; the app cuz it doesn't want me to accept its stupid "new TaC" so fine. I don't need it.

We have the ressie confirmation email and printed. Our whopping 3 ADRs are written down (and noted in my phone).

Flight info in confirmation email and printed out.

When we need to pay our balance I will prob call the day before and have the package we booked switched back to room only + tickets (so we loose the $50 ticket discount :rolleyes2) cuz heaven help us we get sucked into the FP+ disaster waiting to happen (unless they ACTUALLY make sure THAT works before they roll it out....

So, God willing, I can stay off the Disney :badpc: so we can have a magical vacation :flower3:

:badpc:

7. Katmat75

Katmat75 DIS Veteran

It is so frustrating!!! I was trying to price out a vacation with different resorts and dates and it keeps screwing up!!! How am I supposed to try to book a vacation with this site acting like this? agh!!!:mad::confused::confused:

8. Dreamer & Wisher

Dreamer & Wisher DIS Veteran

I can't log in. Despite having used the same email and password for a long time it won't let log in. I thought I was putting in the wrong password so I clicked the link that said reset your password. Nothing happens, no emails, no hints, nothing.

So I booked my trip through a Travel Agent and she is making my dining reservations for me.

9. captsparrow

captsparrow Earning My Ears

I hear you! I have had nothing but trouble with the website. I made dinner reservations and then could see none of them. Had to call down and spent 45 minutes on a phone being transferred around as they said they could fix the problem. Anyhow it does put quite a damper on the whole experience. For a company like Disney I would be a little embarrassed over this:sad2:

10. the who #3

the who #3 DIS Veteran

i totally agree. i do not like the new site.:rolleyes2 it is boring and not uplifting or interesting. i loved the old one.

11. MomRN

MomRN DIS Veteran

I'll chime in my experience, in case any Disney eyes are reading...

We have stayed on-site the last 3 visits. Typically, I look around at resorts, dates, and prices and then make the jump. Navigating the site was so awful that I started thinking outside of the box and considering other options.

Now, I'm leaning very heavily on driving down, staying offsite, only spending 4days at Disney and spending time at the beach, other area attractions, and possibly Universal/Seaworld.

Basically, I've talked myself into doing more than Disney on vacation this year... and I'm kinda excited!

12. raven69david

raven69david I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!

At first I didn't like it as I hate any type of change.:bitelip: However the new site is awesome. How so? When I make a change to my reservation, it's updated online immediately. When I make a dining reservation, it's on my "My Reservations" list immediately. When I look at the information on my mobile phone, it's there instantly. I've had ZERO problems with the site and really enjoy that I can find everything on there quickly. That certainly wasn't the case with the old site that didn't update until at least a day later - if that. While I know that most people hate it because they're not used to it, start making plans and see how fast they update on your desktop and your mobile phone. I absolutely love the new site as it makes my planning much easier.

On my trip last month, the My Disney Experience app performed flawless as I was able to look up my ressies immediately, thanks to the wifi that's now offered nearly everywhere on property. For my trip this week, everything's loaded up on the app and I'm ready for a hassle free trip, or at least I won't have to worry about keeping up with my reservations as they'll be just a few clicks away. :wave2:

13. jovigirlnj

jovigirlnj Earning My Ears

Thank you!! :) I was going crazy trying to find how much I still owed. This link worked awesome!!

14. JennLaural

JennLaural Earning My Ears

The site is slow or stops all together quite often. :(