• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Can't Do That! I'd Be Too EmBEARassed! A Nov 2015 TR New PTR link 10/13!

Eeep!!! So excited to see pictures from this trip - I will be stalking you like crazy! :lovestruc

D~

Ariana,. I am back on the Dis and working my way through everyone's reports. I took at 21 day social media fast, and fell dreadfully behiind. Catching up on yours now. I will be back in a bit to comment on what I have missed.

I missed SO MUCH! YOu moved quickly through this one! LOVED your HDDR report...you work those legs Can-Can girl!!! I bet Jim wishes he could have been there for THAT one! Bow-chicka-bow-wow! LOL!

I cannot believe you didn't get a picture of Jim's chickens in Living with the Land!

So jealous that you got to meet up with so many Dis-friends!!! BUT, so glad you all had a good time!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pictures of Pop Century from your room. The resort looks amazingly clean. :)

This is the best picture of them that I have seen, maybe because it is a closeup of Bradey and he has such a cute smile in this one. :)

Dee is definitely the selfie queen. ;)

I was actually at All Star Music and yes my room was very clean. It was a bit worn in places though, that resort needs a refurb.

I do love that picture I captured of Bradey and Suzi, I get lucky once in a while. I'm horrible at selfies so I'm glad D was there to help.

Woohoo Disney in a few days! I wish I was going back.

Plans look great! I loved the Star Wars fireworks.

We had a great time and now I'm wishing to go back again! No solid plans at this point though, only dreams.

I've been following your trip report but haven't commented yet. I will be in the Magic Kingdom on Feb 1 as well. Our 7DMT fast pass is from 12-1!

That's awesome that you were there at the same time as us, did you see me? :rotfl: Oh, and thanks for following along.

Your decorated window looks so cute.

Love the welcome show pictures! And such cute selfies on Dumbo.

Sounds like such a fun morning so far, you got a lot done!

The plans for your upcoming trip sound great! I hope you and Jim have an amazing time and can't wait to hear about it when you get back!!

Thanks, I wanted to do more with the window but the window clings were not cooperating!

We did have a great time that morning before the crowds arrived.

Jim and I did have a wonderful time and I just started the TR. I will be posting a link after I finish replies.

Nice update! Great Welcome show Pictures! I would love to see that someday but we are not early risers so it's not likely.

Great that you could meet up with everyone again today, fun ride pics.

Your upcoming trip looks fun from your plans, can't wait to read about it.

Biergarten is one of our Favorite places, I am not a fan of sausage or beef and while I do like pork, I have always been able to find lots of good things there.

I'm not a morning person myself but those first few hours when the rides are a walk on gets me out of bed every time.

I just started the TR for the latest trip, link coming up.

I enjoy CBR. Many people say it's too spread out, but I love the theme, the quietness and I don't think it's too much walking.

I love CBR, this was my second stay and Jim's first and he seemed to like it too.

Any way you can pick up the paperwork early and fill it out in advance??

I have tried that in the past but they still want to go over every detail and add their own notes so it really doesn't save me any time.

TSA is totally work the $$ if you can afford it--we love it.

So do we!

We went to Biergarten in November and they had lots of variety and even had a carving station that had beef and turkey, so hopefully you can find something you will like. If not, just get the pretzel rolls!!!

I did a lot better this time, there was more I liked. As for the pretzel rolls, not my favorite. They are just too dry and taste like cardboard to me.

Maybe he'll like it more when it's not as hot. I've come to appreciate it more over time.

He did seem to have a much better time this trip.

Someone posted the runDisney shirts and they had ToT as the icon so I think this is it for now.

I think so too. What else are they going to use with the Tower going away?

What do the jawas trade with you? Cool!

There is an area in the new Launch Bay that looks like the cantina from Mos Eisley and the Jawas are there.

Wish they had this in May when I'm hoping to take my DS for our birthdays!

It's only through March right now but fingers crossed that they extend it for you!

I'm not as picky as you, but I looked at that menu and wasn't thrilled either.

Jim is not picky either and he was not happy with the menu.

OK, since I was so late commenting on your last trip, I thought I'd get in on the next trip at the beginning! Have a great trip!

No problem, glad you are here. I did start the new TR, I'll post a link in a few minutes.

Have a good trip. The parks have been super busy recently, so doing things early is definitely the way to go, we got far more done in the first 3 hours then the next 5 or so at most parks this past week.

I'm also all caught up, the Minnie's dine looked like a lot of fun.

Yes it was super crowded when we were there. I love getting to the parks early and getting stuff done. Minnie's dine was a blast!

Well I was hoping to catch up on all of my replies and also do an update here tonight but I seem to have run out of time. Hopefully I can get back to it tomorrow night as work has been crazy right now. I don't see it slowing down till at least March. That also means I'm miserably behind on everyone else's TRs and PTRs. I'm so sorry about that and I will get caught up eventually, promise! But I was able to start the new TR so here's a link if you would like to follow along!

The Devil Horns Ride Again! A Rockin' Jan/Feb TR

I love getting to MK first thing in the morning!! SOMEDAY I hope to ride one of the Main Street Vehicles but we always tend to either miss them or I simply can't wait one moment to head down Main Street, USA :)

I'm so jealous you get to head back so soon after your last trip!!! Have SO much fun!!! Can't wait to read how the adventure goes and see how many devil horns appear in your pictures!! :rockband:

MK first thing in the morning at late at night are my two favorite times to be there. I'm the same way, always in a hurry to get to the rides and don't stop for the vehicles.

We had a blast, link is in the previous post!

Yay, it looks like I was able to post pictures to the Dis!!! I am loving your TR Ariana :yay:. It is fun to be in one.
I love the story about Zach getting MO with the Beverly, my DH and I enjoy stopping by and watching for someone to try it:smooth:
After seeing your photos of the Hollywood & Dine w/Minnie, I am adding it to my "Disney bucket list".
The Osbourne Lights are soooo beautiful, I really hope they can find some way to move them:love:.

Enjoy your next trip and safe travels!!!

Monica

Thank you for posting those!! It was definitely funny watching the kids try Beverly and Mo was hilarious!

Definitely try the Minnie dinner, did you see they extended it. I peeked in the window when we were there a few weeks ago and the spring costumes were just as cute as the Christmas ones.

it looks like the guy in front has a bit of spittle coming out!!! I know it's the background but still funny!!!

I noticed that too!

Not saying ANYTHING...

Ha! We'll get to that story here pretty soon.

I LOVE this picture!!!

Me too, I managed to capture a good one there.

Pretzel bread!!! LOADS AND LOADS OF PRETZEL BREAD!

Um, I hated the pretzel bread. So dry and tasted like cardboard to me. Luckily I found lots of other stuff to eat this trip.

Holy crap.

Yep, he's the one that really got me into the character greets. If you go back to my first couple of trips, you will see that I never did them except for Pluto!

No Kidding! I'm sure until the lands are finished!!!

Yep, TOT seems to be the icon for now.

Explain!
I have not read a lot of the new stuff going on in disney as we are NOT going this year!

There are roving Jawas in the Launch Bay building. They have an area that looks like the Mos Eisley Cantina where they roam. You can ask them for a picture and sometimes they have little items to trade. Jim had a lot of fun trading with the Jawa this last trip.

you must.

We did!

I seriously cannot wait to hear all about this..

The Dessert Party was awesome!

sounds like a party

Believe me it wasn't. I think I was more tired at the end of this day than I was after a full day at Disney!

Ahhh, HE'S SO CUTE!!!! I can't get enough of Stitch. He is my Pluto.

Stitch is my "second" to Pluto.

Haha, I just bought myself the Minnie stocking that matches your Mickey one. I think we're going to decorate our window this year. I love looking at all the personalized rooms.

It's so much fun to decorate plus it helped me to find my room each night. :rotfl2:

Is the train down at least once every year?? It was down when we were there October 2013 as well.

Hope you have a great quickie trip!!!

I think it might be. I've been twice in October and it was down both times.

Have fun!

Thanks! We did!

Have a great trip

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!

Eeep!!! So excited to see pictures from this trip - I will be stalking you like crazy! :lovestruc

D~

Have a great trip!

Thanks all! We did have a wonderful trip!

Hi Mo! I'm trying to get a move on it here but work is not cooperating!

Ariana,. I am back on the Dis and working my way through everyone's reports. I took at 21 day social media fast, and fell dreadfully behiind. Catching up on yours now. I will be back in a bit to comment on what I have missed.

I missed SO MUCH! YOu moved quickly through this one! LOVED your HDDR report...you work those legs Can-Can girl!!! I bet Jim wishes he could have been there for THAT one! Bow-chicka-bow-wow! LOL!

I cannot believe you didn't get a picture of Jim's chickens in Living with the Land!

So jealous that you got to meet up with so many Dis-friends!!! BUT, so glad you all had a good time!

Welcome back Connie! I was trying to move quickly but it seems I've come to a screeching halt lately!

The HDDR review was sooo much fun and being the Can Can girl just made the whole thing better.

I'm pretty sure I did try to take a picture of the chickens but I don't always have luck with them turning out. No worries, I visited them again later in the trip.

I was so blessed to be there at the same time as so many other DISers! I hope to do that again someday.

Don't miss the link to my new TR in post #208 (or in my signature).

Clowning Around With Some Chipmunks

As we got off of BTMR, we got a text from Mo and family that they were headed our way to use a Splash Mountain FP. Monica had to leave to catch the Magical Express as it was her last day so she said goodbye and headed out.

Mo and family made it to us at almost the same time as Bernadette, another DISer (Lovesdumbo). I know there was a picture taken at that point of all of us with our matching park bags but I don’t have a copy.

After a brief chat Mo and her gang headed off to use their Splash FPs and the rest of us now including Bernadette headed towards Fantasyland as Bradey wanted to ride the Teacups and Goofy’s Barnstormer coaster.

As we walked through Fronterland we saw that the Chipmunks were out meeting and D really wanted to see them. Well I’m game for any meet and greet so we got in line along with Bernadette while Suzi and Bradey continued on to Fantasyland.

We only waited about 10 minutes and D wanted to go up first by herself. She had a nice chat with the Chipmunks then Bernadette and I joined her.

We headed back to Fantasyland and met Suzi and Bradey outside of the Barnstormer. We wandered through Big Top Souvenirs but I don’t think anyone bought anything.

Then we backtracked to the Teacups. Bernadette, Suzi and Bradey got in line while D and I found a spot in the shade. I cannot ride this one with my motion sickness issues and neither can D. It felt good to sit for a few minutes out of the sun and have some time to chat. It was already really hot this day. When the other three made it into their teacup, I took some pictures for them.

Not sure what Suzi is doing in this next one. LOL.

It was time for D, Suzi and Bradey to head to BOG for their lunch ADR and then back to their resort for a break. I was getting hungry myself so we said see ya later and I went to Columbia Harbor House which is one of my favorite counter services at MK. I thought it opened at 11 am and I would be early but it actually opened at 10:30 am and the line was already out the door.

I was wearing what I’ve affectionately dubbed my “slutty” Belle shirt. I don’t think you can see it well in the pictures so here’s one I took before the trip when I was planning my outfits.

Well the doorman at CHH decided to sing the whole Beauty and the Beast song to me while I was waiting. He had a wonderful voice but it was a little embarrassing.

As I was entering CHH I ran right into Mo and the Gang (I’ve struggled with what to call Mo and her family here in the TR but I think I like this one best and am going to stick with it). They had been hungry so they had an early lunch. I told them I would text them when I got done eating so we could meet up for the afternoon.

I had an awful time finding a table but after going upstairs then back down I finally found one in a side room overlooking the sea of strollers in Liberty Square. I felt bad because it was a large table and I was by myself but I was joined by a couple when I was almost done eating. I didn’t mind sharing at all.

I ordered my usual, the chicken and fish plate with chocolate cake for dessert. It was yummy as always.

Mo had mentioned that they might head towards HM after lunch so I strolled in that direction while texting her. Boy it had gotten really hot and crowded at this point (HM had a wait time of 45 minutes) so I went into the HM gift shop to get out of the sun. I browsed a bit and then I got a text from Mo saying that they were in the lobby for the next County Bear Jamboree and it started in 8 minutes. Did I think I could make it in time? Well I did some pretty fancying dipping and dodging but I did make it in time although I was quite out of breath when I got there.

I was excited to watch the show with them because they had never seen it before. As most of you know I have a huge love for the Country Bears, especially Big Al, and I love sharing it with others. Plus I love taking pictures of the show. Jim asked me on this last trip why I take so many pictures every time I go. Well of course I need them for the TR plus it helps me with remembering what we did each day when I’m writing. But some part of me is also always looking for that absolute perfect shot. You know, the one that you just want to stare at all day without stopping. I’ve yet to find that shot so I keep trying over and over and over. You get the idea. And that was a really long story to introduce yet another batch of CBJ pictures from me.

Bye Big Al, see you next time!

I was pleased that Mo and the Gang loved the show. Or at least they said they did to humor me.

Up Next: An Hour Wait for Haunted Mansion? Well, Why Not!

Last edited:
Slutty Belle--hilarious! :)

I have never met Chip 'n Dale in their Frontierland outfits, but I have the CUTEST pic of me and Goofy there!!

I have never seen CBJ either!!!! I promise next trip I am so there.

I was wearing what I’ve affectionately dubbed my “slutty” Belle shirt. I don’t think you can see it well in the pictures so here’s one I took before the trip when I was planning my outfits.

Ha! I really like that shirt, actually. I would say more sophisticated than slutty. This is slutty Belle.

596421919_o.jpg

Lol "slutty" belle!

I saw Chip and Dale in their frontierland outfits in January but didn't meet them.

Country Bear Jamboree is a must! Big Al is the best.

I was excited to watch the show with them because they had never seen it before. As most of you know I have a huge love for the Country Bears, especially Big Al, and I love sharing it with others.
We have always enjoyed this show and it is nice to go to an attraction that never seems to have a long wait. ;)

Slutty Belle--hilarious! :)

I have never met Chip 'n Dale in their Frontierland outfits, but I have the CUTEST pic of me and Goofy there!!

I have never seen CBJ either!!!! I promise next trip I am so there.

I love meeting Chip and Dale, they are always a blast!

Oh man, you have to go see CBJ the next time you are there! It's a Disney classic and so much fun.

Ha! I really like that shirt, actually. I would say more sophisticated than slutty. This is slutty Belle.

View attachment 151117

OK, that does win for slutty Belle! I'll have to go with sophisticated for that shirt from now on.

Lol "slutty" belle!

I saw Chip and Dale in their frontierland outfits in January but didn't meet them.

Country Bear Jamboree is a must! Big Al is the best.

I love meeting them there in their Fronterland outfits, it's always a lot of fun.

Big Al is definitely the best!

We have always enjoyed this show and it is nice to go to an attraction that never seems to have a long wait. ;)

Yep, I can always count on no wait at CBJ but I go see it because I love it!

Cute pictures with the chipmunks! And I love the CBJ pics!

Thanks! We had fun meeting them.

An Hour Wait for Haunted Mansion? Well, Why Not!

When we finished up with the County Bear Jamboree, we realized that the crowds and the heat had really arrived. I kind of expected it with it being a morning EMH day and also one of the few days without a Christmas Party.

All the lines were long but we really wanted to ride Haunted Mansion so we got in line despite the 60 minute wait time. Other than the heat though, it was not bad waiting when you have friends there to talk and joke with. I don’t think I would ever do it solo. Once we made it to the graveyard, we had fun playing with all the interactive stuff. There’s one area where a coffin might squirt water at you. Sometimes it’s just bubbles and you never know which it will be. Well when I was standing next to it, it made the noise like it was going to squirt water and I about jumped out of my skin. It was boiling hot out and yet I was still worried about getting a tiny bit wet! Mo and the Gang got a very good laugh out of that one!

I didn’t take any line photos except for one. Mo had never seen the engagement ring in the pavement so I pointed it out to her and took a photo.

I rode with Mo and didn’t take any photos during the ride either. I think we were having too much fun! We did stop for some PP pictures after the ride.

We were thirsty and in need of a bathroom after the long wait for HM so we stopped right next door at Columbia Harbor House for some free ice water and restrooms. We somehow ended up with about 10 glasses of water. I think Tom grabbed a bunch and then we also each went up and got one. We were hot and thirsty enough to be double fisting the water that day so it didn’t go to waste.

We talked about what to do next and I suggested Mickey’s Philharmagic since it usually doesn’t have a long line and, no brainer, air conditioning. There was a small line but it gave us time to find some of the hidden Mickey’s in the mural. There are a lot of them.

There’s one!

I also love checking out the posters in the line area.

Next we headed towards Tomorrowland.

The kids are Stitch fans so the insisted that we try out the Stitch’s Great Escape. I sat through this show in 2010 and vowed never, ever to do that one again. It was just awful. But how could I say no to those big puppy dog eyes asking me to go with them? So we got in line.

And was it as bad as I remembered? Yep, maybe even a little worse! You see there are these bars that come down on your shoulders. Stitch runs around the room bouncing off the chairs and making the bars hit your shoulders. The bars were so tight in 2010 that I ended up with a bruise on my shoulder. This time though, I was prepared and sat as straight as possible in my chair while the bars lowered. Once they locked, I slouched down so they were not hitting me as hard. In 2010 all I could think about during the show was how bad it hurt. This time I was able to pay attention rather than writhing in pain. I love Stitch, he’s my second to Pluto, but boy is his show bad! Especially the part where he burps chili dog in your face. My hair smelled like it the rest of the day. It was so bad that I had to wash my hair that night before bed because it still smelled and I couldn’t take it any longer! I think poor Mo had it worse though. She was in the direct line of fire and got spit on by Stitch a few times. But the kids loved it so I think Mo might have to go again on her next trip.

We headed to Monster’s Inc. next. I love this show and try to catch it every trip.

I don’t remember anything out of the ordinary but we did laugh a lot.

Buzz Lightyear had a 35 minute wait but most of the line was indoors or in the shade so we went for it.

I rode with Mo again and she is going to come in here and tell you that I deliberately sabotaged her by jerking the joystick around and making our car go crazy. Well you all know how competitive I am and I wouldn’t want to ruin my own game by moving the car around so that I couldn’t hit the targets! We just had a car with a super sensitive joystick and every time I touched it, we moved like five feet. It made for some good laughs though. My score definitely reflected the crazy ride vehicle.

Despite Mo’s protests, she didn’t really do all that bad. She definitely did better than my husband Jim does on this ride.

And our ride photos. Looks like I might have been tired at this point. Or maybe glaring down at the evil joystick that was messing with my game.

After Buzz, we spent a few minutes checking out the Incredibles Dance Party.

Then it was time for me to say goodbye to Mo and the Gang and head to my dinner ADR at The Plaza. It’s one of my favorite restaurants at WDW so I was looking forward to dinner there.

I don’t think I waited long at all before I was seated. I don’t like drinking soda at dinner time (as a matter of fact I’ve cut soda almost completely since Christmas) but you get a drink with the meal plan. I’ve gotten in the habit of asking for bottled water.

You don’t get refills on the water and I would never buy it in real life but since its part of the plan I get one then switch to tap water after I finish the fancy stuff.

I ordered my usual which is a burger with just ketchup and fries.

The burger wasn’t quite as good this time, the bun was a little on the stale side which was disappointing. For dessert I ordered a chocolate milkshake and was once again a little disappointed. Usually you get a huge glass plus lots of extra. For some reason on this trip all I got was a small to go cup.

Not sure if that is a permanent change or if it was just a one-time thing. Granted I never can finish the milkshake normally so it wasn’t that big of a deal but I did feel a little cheated.

I left The Plaza a little disappointed with the stale burger bun and the puny milkshake. It was my fourth time eating there and the other three times had been wonderful. I started questioning the ADR I had there in January with Jim. But as to whether I kept that reservation or not, you will have to wait to I get there in my other TR.

If you will notice I never mentioned anything about FPs on this day. I did have two for earlier in the day for the Jungle Cruise and Pirates but I skipped them in order to have fun with my friends. I wasn’t worried since I had already ridden both rides and planned on catching them again later in the week. But I did have a third one I needed to use and it was with D, Suzi and Bradey!

So after dinner I made my way back to Fantasyland to meet them by the Mine Train. We ended up in the front of the train. Here’s our ride photos.

And our ride video (click below).

D, Suzi and Bradey had not eaten dinner yet so we split once again and they headed off to Columbia Harbor House. And I headed off to…., well we’ll leave that for the next installment.

Up Next: I May Be Crazy but It’s One of My Favorites

You're the whole reason I ever tried The Plaza restaurant! You had posted some pics of it in one of your TRs and I had to eat there. I was so excited when Mom and I went in November that we were able to get an ADR there even though we had barely any time between when we booked the trip and actually left!

And we even had a seat where we could see the castle out the window.

I sure hope it was a fluke that you didn't enjoy it this time :( I'm planning to go again in December!!!

Sounds like such a fun time! I'm sorry you were forced to go on Stitch. The ride is awful as it is, but those shoulder restraints are the WORST!

Sorry your meal was disappointing. Considering you've had such great food there in the past, I hope it was just an off night for them!

Love the Mine Train photos, you look so happy! :)

But I did have a third one I needed to use and it was with D, Suzi and Bradey!

So after dinner I made my way back to Fantasyland to meet them by the Mine Train. We ended up in the front of the train. Here’s our ride photos.
The ride pictures and video turned out really cute. :)

I hope your Plaza experience was just a fluke. I've only heard good things about it in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter