• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Can't Do That! I'd Be Too EmBEARassed! A Nov 2015 TR New PTR link 10/13!

I love sitting in the row behind the driver on the safari. You can see the animal ahead of you instead of just on the sides. And I like to ask the driver questions. :)

Animal Kingdom is a little creepy at night. We ate dinner at Yak & Yeti and it was dark when we finished. There were cast members guarding the paths to Everest and Dinosaurland. I was glad to see other people in the area by the stores. I was surprised how many people like to shop late. :)

Ohhhhhhhh MY GOODNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
AK at night! this is just stunning!!! I cannot wait to see it all next year!!! CANNOT WAIT! Especially EE at night! all the pretty lights!!

All the yummy goodies! I would like to try one of each PLEASE!!!

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_7532088583_zpsvde09cb2.jpeg

This is awesome!!! I love it.

They are all the lost souls that didn't make it back from their dinosaur rescue attempt :)

Great pictures in this update! Glad you to got to experience AK at night. The Tree of Life looks so beautiful.

I love your Dinosaur ride photo!

AK is so beautiful at night and I can't wait to see it again in November.

Thanks, it is definitely an interesting picture.

I think your Dinosaur ride photo was cute. Love seeing Animal Kingdom at night. I have never seen it dark in person.

Thanks, it's different that's for sure. AK is beautiful at night! That was my first time seeing it and I'm really glad they added night hours so I can see it again.

I love the animal themed caramel apples in zuri's.

FOTLK is the best, great pictures of the tumble monkeys!

I can't wait to see AK at night. It's my favorite park and it just looks awesome at night.

Great dinosaur photo! I am a big home alone fan.

The sweets were cute although I was disappointed they removed the "poop' candy. Now it's all the same stuff as every where else, just different designs.

I can't wait to get back this fall and see AK at night again.

Thanks, it's been years since I've seen the movies so I have no idea what made me think of that for the ride photo.

WOW! It looks great!! I can't wait to experience AK after dark in December. I love all those wreaths, too--they are just SO good at theming in ways I would never dream of.

And seriously, Home Alone!? That's quality right there. Those people should be thanking you for that face!! :)

Yes, AK is so beautiful at night and their decorations are so unique.

Ha! No idea what made me do that pose.

I love sitting in the row behind the driver on the safari. You can see the animal ahead of you instead of just on the sides. And I like to ask the driver questions. :)

Animal Kingdom is a little creepy at night. We ate dinner at Yak & Yeti and it was dark when we finished. There were cast members guarding the paths to Everest and Dinosaurland. I was glad to see other people in the area by the stores. I was surprised how many people like to shop late. :)

I don't mind the first row but it does make it a little harder to get photos because the driver's area gets in the way sometimes.

I guess you could say it's a little creepy but then again so is MK at times especially in the Adventureland area. But I love the night atmosphere at all the parks.

Ohhhhhhhh MY GOODNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
AK at night! this is just stunning!!! I cannot wait to see it all next year!!! CANNOT WAIT! Especially EE at night! all the pretty lights!!

All the yummy goodies! I would like to try one of each PLEASE!!!

Yes, so pretty! I can't wait to see what photos you get with your good camera. They will be stunning I'm sure!

I could use most of those cases right now!

This is awesome!!! I love it.

They are all the lost souls that didn't make it back from their dinosaur rescue attempt :)

Thanks, I definitely went with the bizarre for that ride photo.

Yes, that must be where all those ghost people came from!

Who’s That Drowned Rat? And The End

I just missed a bus from AK to MK and had to wait a bit. It was right around 7:50 pm when I saw this beautiful sight.

I was well within my Space Mountain FP+ now which was for 7:35 – 8:35 pm so Tomorrowland was my destination. Of course I had to take a photo or two (or a million) on Main Street.

The park was super crowded. Check out the line for the ice cream parlor!

And the Tomorrowland Terrace was open for business.

I made it to SM in plenty of time and was really glad I had a FP. The standby line was posted at 70 minutes.

Once again I went with the weird and strange for the ride photo. I have absolutely no idea what I was trying to accomplish on this one!

Since I had used the SM FP near the end it was now time for my Buzz Lightyear FP that was from 8:35 – 9:35 pm. This would be my last chance to get a perfect score of 999,999. I started out horribly. There are two 100,000 targets in the first room and I only hit each one once. I figured at that point I was in trouble. But I managed to hit something in the second room that gave me a ton of points. I honestly don’t know what it was but by the time I got towards the end my score read this!

I was really excited although you can’t really tell by my face in the ride photo. I think I had started trying to score points on the other gun at that point.

I exited the ride and ran into a wall of people in the dump shop. The rain that had been holding off had finally arrived and it was pouring outside. I was determined to get my Galactic Hero button though so I fought my way up to the counter and showed the CM my score. She proudly presented me with this.

The room kept getting more and more crowded as people came off of the ride and did not want to go out in the rain. I said heck with it, put on my poncho and headed out. I needed to get some dinner before Wishes so I sloshed my way to Cosmic Rays since it was closest. Of course everyone else headed there also and it was packed. I got my food and there were just no tables anywhere. I finally found a standing table off in a corner which would have to do. I sure wish I had had a seat to rest my aching feet. I ended up getting my go to Disney dish, chicken nuggets and fries.

With a bottle of water and chocolate cake for dessert.

The food was OK. I think I had finally hit the Disney food wall and only ate about ½ of the nuggets and fries. I can always eat chocolate so I finished the cake with no problem.

The only good thing about my standing table was the outlet on the wall next to it.

One thing I don’t think I mentioned in the whole TR was that my extra charger for my phone was not working so I was having to be careful with my battery the whole week. It was nice to find a place to charge it up for a few minutes. I never did figure out what was wrong with the charger and ended up buying a new one for the next trip.

And that folks was one of the last photos I took that night. The rain did not stop but I was not going to let it ruin my last night. I did decide to skip the Wishes FP though. Nothing worse than trying to look up and watch fireworks with rain pounding on your face. Instead I splashed my way through the puddles and rode the TTA.

Then I headed back to Fantasyland and got in line for Little Mermaid. Well I shouldn’t call it a line because there was literally no one around. The rain was making me a little cold so I stopped once I got under a roof to take off my poncho and put on my sweatshirt. It took me a few minutes and not one person passed me.

When I exited the ride, the rain had slowed to a drizzle for a few minutes and Wishes was just starting. So I stood by the ride exit and watched from Fantasyland.

Then I headed over towards Peter Pan but it had a 50 minute wait so I went across the way and walked onto Its A Small World. And if you are keeping track this was my third trip on IASW during this week! I’m one of those crazy people that actually love that ride.

Haunted Mansion was the next ride I walked on to. The rain had apparently scared everyone else out of the parks.

I crossed over into Adventureland next and headed towards the Tiki Room. I had only visited my birdies once on the trip and wanted to see them again. Unfortunately the show was already closed for the night. Instead I went for a cruise through the jungle. I thought this would be OK with the rain since the boats have roofs. Unfortunately I was seated right at the boat exit which is the one place where there is no roof. The seats were also pretty wet.

Pirates was next on my nightly wanderings. Funny thing though, they had the water effects turned off despite the pouring rain.

MK closed at midnight and it was getting towards 11 pm when I exited Pirates. At that moment I had a pretty crazy though. I was already wet so why not ride Splash Mountain? So I walked through the line and boarded a boat. Unfortunately as soon as we started out, the skies opened up and it started pouring again. It turned out to be a miserable ride as I tried to keep my bag semi dry. I did not enjoy it much at all.

I stood for quite a while after getting off the ride hoping the rain would let up. It never did so I headed out and seriously splashed my way towards the exit. There were several times I was ankle deep in water as I walked. I had wanted to stop at the jewelry store to pick up an Alex & Ani bracelet and the Confectionary to use up my last two snack credits. But I was too wet and miserable at this point to stop. I did somehow find a lone PP photographer along Main Street and just had to get my bedraggled state documented.

Yep, serious drowned rat there!

Once again I walked right onto a bus. It was 12:01 am when we pulled out of MK and around 12:15 when we arrived back at the resort. I had to wring out my socks when I took them off that night!

I finished packing everything I didn’t need for the morning and headed to bed around 1 am.

I traded for one pin during the day.

I set my alarm for 7 am on Sunday, November 22, 2015 but it was closer to 7:30 by the time I dragged myself out of bed. It didn’t take me too long to get ready though because I decided to just pull my hair back in a ponytail. My poor shoes and socks from the night before were still soaked but I had a second pair to wear home. Luckily I always bring a box of gallon sized zip lock bags with me for transporting liquids home. I have brought several sauces home for Jim that way. This time they were used for my wet shoes and socks.

I headed out of the room around 8:30 and checked my bags before making my way into the food court. I had one more Counter Service credit to use up and what better way to do so than with Mickey waffles! The waffles came with sausage or bacon which I don’t like so the CM gave me potatoes instead.

Definitely a yummy way to end my trip!

I also had two snack credits left. I usually try to save some to use on my last night at the MK
Confectionery. That way I have some Disney snacks to take home and enjoy after my trip. With the rain the night before, I hadn’t stopped this time. I walked around and around the food court looking at all my options. I was really looking for the big Minnie’s Bake Shop cookies but they did not have them. I’m not sure if it was just the All Star Music Food Court that didn’t have them or if they are not making them anymore. In the end I got a Mickey Head Rice Krispy treat and Hostess Cupcakes. Yep, you read that right, I traveled all the way to WDW to bring home Hostess Cupcakes. What can I say, they just looked good at that moment.

I headed back to my room after that and picked up my carry-on bag then headed to the DME bus stop around 10 am. My bus came right on time at 10:25 am. We stopped at both All Star Sports and Coronado before heading to the airport. We didn’t even need to stop at Coronado as no one got on the bus.

I made it through security quickly and was at my gate by noon for my 1:25 pm flight. That’s when I discovered it was delayed to 1:55 pm. I was hungry and had planned on eating a fish sandwich from McDonald’s but the entire food court was closed for renovations. I ended up finding a little place to sit down and have a burger.

Service was horrible, I barely saw my waitress and had to flag another one down to get some ketchup. And the burger wasn’t much better than a McDonald’s one. I’m pretty sure it was frozen. Hopefully the food court will be back open next time as I think I would have been much happier with a McDonald’s fish sandwich!

Once my flight was finally underway, it was pretty uneventful. Jim picked me up at the airport and I spent the evening unpacking and getting some laundry done.

And that folks is the end to yet another of my TRs. Thanks to everyone who has been reading along and also those who have commented. I really appreciate every one of you. I have one more update on my other TR and I plan on finishing it tomorrow. I want to get them finished before I head up north to visit my Mom. I fly out on Saturday morning. We are spending a few days at the Jersey shore which I'm very excited about. We used to go there every summer when I was growing up.

I do plan on starting a PTR for my next two trips but it will probably be towards the end of August before I can get to that. I will be returning from my trip to some busy times at work. I will come back and post a link here once I do start it. I hope you will join me as I plan my next Disney adventures!

What it's over?!! Another fabulous trip report. I loved reading it and can't wait for the future ones.

Looks like you had a great night at MK to finish your trip.

You could be going for a bull look on space mountain I guess. Either that or a devil...

I have yet to become a galactic hero on buzz but I will do it!

That sucks that your battery for your phone wasn't working. I bring two with me and keep both in my camera bag. That way I have a back up and I have one in case someone else needs it.

I like IASW but I don't know if I like it enough to do it 3 times in one trip lol.

I like the thought process to ride splash. I'm already wet so why not! Splash mountain is a great way to end the night.

Love your "drowned rat" photo.

Glad your flight home was uneventful. Thanks again for another aw some trip report!

I have really enjoyed reading your report. You are an entertaining writer. We were at Disney during some of your days. And we were at MK that last night. The rain was CRAZY!! We wanted to try to get on some rides, but, since the kids were soaked and miserable, we headed out in the ankle deep water. :fish: I'm glad you got some rides in. Oh, and we were packing some wet shoes the next day, too. :teeth:

I can always eat chocolate so I finished the cake with no problem.

I laughed out loud on this..

And if you are keeping track this was my third trip on IASW during this week!

Glutton for punishment.

I’m one of those crazy people that actually love that ride.

Yes.. you are crazy! THAT'S WHY WE GET ALONG!

You poor thing.
The guy to your right looks like tom walking with a very young Zack!

I had to wring out my socks when I took them off that night!

Adn you don't like to be wet anyway..
This must have been hell for you! It is an AWFUL feeling!!

And that folks is the end to yet another of my TRs

:sad: :sad1: :sad: :sad1:

I miss you!!

Sad this trip has come to an end!! I loved getting the chance to meet you on this trip :) and someday when our trips align again, we'll take a picture to prove it actually happened!!! Have a fabulous trip with your Mom :) Looking forward to the planning of your next trips!!

I did get one treat on the safari, look who was up!

Awesome that you got to see the Lion!! I have never seen him standing up like that, I may have only seen him once lying down and the rest-nothing.

Love the Electric Parade T-shirt!!

I was really looking for the big Minnie’s Bake Shop cookies but they did not have them. I’m not sure if it was just the All Star Music Food Court that didn’t have them or if they are not making them anymore.

I have seen them pre-wrapped in the gift shops

e are spending a few days at the Jersey shore which I'm very excited about. We used to go there every summer when I was growing up.

Where did you grow up? I am originally from Philadelphia.

Which Shore? We used to go "Down the Shore" every year growing up, mostly Wildwood but I have also been to Ocean City, Seaside Heights, Long Beach Island.

Sad to see your TR is over, Looking forward to hearing about your upcoming trips.

I enjoyed following along! Thanks for taking the time to write a TR and let us join the fun :simba:

Sounds like you got to get on a lot of rides at MK! The rain does sound awful though. I'm sorry you skipped your Wishes FP but glad you still got to see it.

Sounds like a yummy last breakfast!

Glad you made it home without any problems.

As always, I really enjoyed reading about your trip! Hope you're having a nice visit with your mom :)

Sorry the rain slowed you down on your last night. Sometimes, the poncho just doesn't help very much. Loved reading about your trip. Can't wait to join in to see what you have planned next.

What a fab trip report. Turns out we were there at the same time!! We arrived a couple,of,days earlier than you but left the same day. We were at MK on the same filming day as you, and while we had done the party on the 8th, we loved it so much we did a second one the same night as you. Of course the only two party nights during our two weeks where it rained LOL. Blame us, it's our luck. But reading your report was a bit like reliving our own trip, so I've really (selfishly) enjoyed it

OMGosh wasn't the weather amazing? We came over from England, and had no idea what to expect weather wise. We hoped for warm during the day but were told it could get really cold at night. So we brought a whole suitcase of warmer clothes that wasn't even touched! We stayed off-site at a townhouse (me and DH). I'm actually taking our first Disney bubble trip in Feb when I'm taking DH's mum for her first ever (and very quick) WDW trip. We're staying at POFQ.

Your report is great, and how awesome you met with so many fellow DISers. You all sound so fun!! Thanks for sharing your adventure and the food. I cried when I saw your pics of Garden Grill. That was our favourite surprise experience. We had a local friend with us who had never been. We usually wing eating, but she wanted a sit down meal, so we scrambled through the app and found a reservation there. I think it's one of the best meals we've ever had. Just YuM

Anyway, thanks again for sharing. I'll check out your next trip too :)

Sorry I've been away so long folks! Things got a little crazy at work for a while but I think it's calmed down enough to get back on the DIS regularly. Of course I'm far behind on everyone's TRs and PTRs but plan to remedy that as soon as possible. I'll also be back here to finish up replies but for now, here's a link to my new PTR for my next two trips. Hope to see you there.

From East Coast to West Coast in Under 30 Days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter