• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I can't believe I have to stay up until midnight tonight to book FP+'s

I liked staying up til Midnight to book our FPs, LOL...We had a "book our Disney FP Party" sort of like New Years Eve, lol...We had snacks and watched movies and made a party out of it. I'm a turn a not so good situation into something good kind of person. I was able to get everything I wanted except A&E. I wanted a morning time but they only had times for the afternoon during nap time :( it all turned out ok we just woke the little 1 up when it was our turn to see them. I will say this when we went last year my older son got really sick. I had a FP for Test Track that day bc it was our Epcot day. We had FPs for other stuff but that wasn't as important as Test Track. My son really really wanted to go on Test Track so I looked on MDE and I was able to change our FP time to later in the day closer to dinner. My son was glad we moved Test Track back bc that became his favorite ride at Disney, lol. Although when we went this year Space Mountain took the pedestal away from Test Track, lol

I will say that A & E were booked till 8pm on the first day of our trip when I logged on for FP+s at 10 am the day the window opened. That said, we got one a little earlier in the week. Anyone know if A&E make it to breakfast at Akershus?

Unfortunately, they don't venture out of their little hidey-hole at FairyTale Hall. That should change with the new Epcot M&G.

We haven't been since FP+ started. We have gone to Disneyland the past couple of trips and it has been so much fun! But DS is begging to go back to WDW next year.....

We will have a split stay. Hoping to be able to snag the new poly DVC at seven months ( fingers crossed!) and will be booking the AKV where we own tomorrow right at 11 months. 5 nights at each resort.

So even though our trip isn't until next summer, I am trying to wrap my brain around it. We will have two DVC reservations back to back. We will probably buy 10 day hoppers through undercover tourist. I am guessing that we will link our 10 day passes to our first reservation at the Poly (assuming we snag it!). We won't have tix linked to the second half of our trip at AKV, right?? At 60 days, will I be able to book FP+ for our whole vacation or just the poly part of it? And if it's just the first five days at the Poly, will we be able to book our AKV FP+ 60 days from that check-in? Will we be sent two sets of magic bands?

I'm pretty sure we can do all fastpasses after the first 60 day window, but I'll try to remember to update you Sunday after I make our BLT/Poly split stay FP+s. Right now the MDE app seems to want me to customize 2 batches of magic bands based on check in, but I'm only planning to do the first set.

Personally there is is nothing I want to ride badly enough at WDW that I'd be willing to stay up past midnight.

Maybe i like my bed too much!

I'm pretty sure we can do all fastpasses after the first 60 day window, but I'll try to remember to update you Sunday after I make our BLT/Poly split stay FP+s. Right now the MDE app seems to want me to customize 2 batches of magic bands based on check in, but I'm only planning to do the first set.

Yes, please let me know how it works! And good luck to you on getting what you want!

I don't mind all the planning for my family. However, we are bringing extended family with us for a trip next June and having to ask them to commit to the days they will be there to book DVC rooms at 11 months seems over the top to them. I think we will just take care of the few dining reservations without bringing them into the mix. But they will have to buy tickets months in advance so that we can make FP+ reservations.

We tried some last minute changes but we had 11 people and it didn't work all that well. We were able to change a few times but that's about it.

I found booking FP+ to be easy and painless. I was done by about 12:15 and in bed by 12:20. Easy Peasy.

I like the FP+ and I book them a few weeks before the trip and change them if need be the day before, with availability, not a big deal. What I do wish, that they allowed us to choose 3, not limited to just one park. Park Hoppers/AP's yet you can't pick your FP from more than one park.

Last edited:
I like the FP+ and I book them a few weeks before the trip and change them if need be the day before, with availability, not a big deal. What I do wish, that they allowed us to choose 3, not limited to just one park. Park Hoppers/AP's yet you can't pick your FP from more than one park.

I agree, sometimes I really only care to do the safari and FOTLK in AK, or TSMM in DHS.

I forgot mine and did them the next day. I was able to get whatever I wanted, even mine train. Didn't check for A&E as my kids only like the villains.

I dislike the pick one from column A and 2 from column B aspect of FP+. Frankly, I'd have picked some rides over and over, and the column B rides didn't warrant FP's in my mind. But . . . oh well. I prefer FP- so far and will probably cry the day that DL adopts the new system.

The inventory of fastpasses are not 100% released at the 60 day mark so if you are unable to get what you want right away- check back again especially the 2 weeks leading up to when you are traveling. Good luck!

We haven't been since FP+ started. We have gone to Disneyland the past couple of trips and it has been so much fun! But DS is begging to go back to WDW next year.....

We will have a split stay. Hoping to be able to snag the new poly DVC at seven months ( fingers crossed!) and will be booking the AKV where we own tomorrow right at 11 months. 5 nights at each resort.

So even though our trip isn't until next summer, I am trying to wrap my brain around it. We will have two DVC reservations back to back. We will probably buy 10 day hoppers through undercover tourist. I am guessing that we will link our 10 day passes to our first reservation at the Poly (assuming we snag it!). We won't have tix linked to the second half of our trip at AKV, right?? At 60 days, will I be able to book FP+ for our whole vacation or just the poly part of it? And if it's just the first five days at the Poly, will we be able to book our AKV FP+ 60 days from that check-in? Will we be sent two sets of magic bands?

With My Disney Experience, it's not like your tickets are linked only to one resort stay. Everything is linked to your account. I think you can make your FP+'s from 60 days out from your first day, and then you can make them for up to the total number of days on your passes, so 10. Let us know.

That's a reason to come on out to California! Stay at the Grand and there's no need to use FP+!

I think if you don't touch the second batch of magic bands -- don't put names or colors on them -- they won't send them. Then you can just use the first set for everything. You may have to check in at the second location, though, as apparently explicit check-out at the first location is necessary for the second check-in.

Usually make FP a week or so before trip and have NEVER had an issue. Make ADR a few months out but people really just relax and enjoy. You can still get on rides without FP and you can even eat with out ADR, Especially for us DVC'rs so what if this trip you miss toy story mania, (which I have made the day before) go next time.

Yes, please let me know how it works! And good luck to you on getting what you want!

Yes, we were all correct - I could book all my FP+ at the 60 day window for my first part of the split stay, didn't have to wait until the 2nd checkin 60 days to make those.

I think if you don't touch the second batch of magic bands -- don't put names or colors on them -- they won't send them. Then you can just use the first set for everything. You may have to check in at the second location, though, as apparently explicit check-out at the first location is necessary for the second check-in.

Thanks! Very helpful.

Glad you got what you wanted!

My last experience worked like this: I woke up (naturally) at 4 a.m. the day I booked mine and got everything I wanted. I saw people posting on the Boards later that day complaining that they stayed up 'til midnight and didn't get what they wanted - which were the same rides/experiences that I got later at 4 a.m.! Not sure how that worked to my advantage, but it did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter