I can't believe I have to stay up until midnight tonight to book FP+'s

jodifla

WDW lover since 1972
It seems ridiculous. This is our first trip with this FP+ nonsense -- we bailed on WDW parks last year and went to Universal and a cruise -- and Universal was awesome.

Yes, I know no one is forcing me to stay up to book FP+s, but it feels necessary with everyone else doing this same thing.

I thought the 180 day ADR thing was ridiculous. I wonder what we will have to schedule months in advance next!

Haha...I feel your pain as I just did the same last night. Hubby thought I was crazy. However I'm happy I did because I got pretty much what I wanted. It's crazy that how many times are gone already. We are staying 11nights/10 day park hopper. I did book my last day first to make sure I got my must do's. I then started back at my first day curious what the availability would be. The only one that was tough for me was the Anna & Elsa M&G. Nothing earlier than 5:30pm on the day I booked. Every other FP+ I was able to fit between ADRs (breakfast&lunch) so I can hopefully book more!

The folks on this board might be doing the same thing, but that's a far cry from "everybody else." Unless you have a very tight schedule, there's little reason to hurry. Most options will still be available at 8 am tomorrow.

If you aren't trying to get Anna and Elsa, or *maybe* Mine Train, you shouldn't have to stay up. I stay up because it's fun for me (and I don't have to stay up that late, since we're CST) and I'm too excited to wait usually!

I'm two weeks out and I can go in right now and have my pick of times for the rides I want. So don't let it get you down :-)
If you've never used them before, don't worry. It's a really easy system.

Have a great vacation!!

I would have to say the only thing you need to be up at midnight for is A&E, all others are available. I just helped a neighbour who arrived down there yesterday, and she came to me 5 days ago begging for help. We were able to get times for everything except for A&E. Cant believe that we got Soaring, TSM, 7DMT x2different days. So would not sweat the midnight. Just like the dinners, unless it is for BOG then everything else can wait till the morning with a coffee.

I agree, no need to stay up for anything other than A&E. We've gone several times with FP+ and gotten all the big rides and I've never booked right at 60 days.

well, that's good to know. I have a teen boy, so I think we can skip A&E. :)

I never stay up and always still get everything I want. Never quite understand these posts. Heck, it takes me several days to book my FP choices.

Last edited:
Our last trip we booked a bunch of FPs. They worked great for the rides that generally are busy but unnecessary for others that seem to get bundled with the choices. Other then that we just had to plan way ahead as to which park on which day, no changing once the passes are booked.

I will say that A & E were booked till 8pm on the first day of our trip when I logged on for FP+s at 10 am the day the window opened. That said, we got one a little earlier in the week. Anyone know if A&E make it to breakfast at Akershus?

It seems ridiculous. This is our first trip with this FP+ nonsense -- we bailed on WDW parks last year and went to Universal and a cruise -- and Universal was awesome.

Yes, I know no one is forcing me to stay up to book FP+s, but it feels necessary with everyone else doing this same thing.

I thought the 180 day ADR thing was ridiculous. I wonder what we will have to schedule months in advance next!
I just didn't do it the last few visits. Still got all our FP excluding the SDMT. If you don't get the ones you want just keep trying. I've found they open up when you least expect it!

We haven't been since FP+ started. We have gone to Disneyland the past couple of trips and it has been so much fun! But DS is begging to go back to WDW next year.....

We will have a split stay. Hoping to be able to snag the new poly DVC at seven months ( fingers crossed!) and will be booking the AKV where we own tomorrow right at 11 months. 5 nights at each resort.

So even though our trip isn't until next summer, I am trying to wrap my brain around it. We will have two DVC reservations back to back. We will probably buy 10 day hoppers through undercover tourist. I am guessing that we will link our 10 day passes to our first reservation at the Poly (assuming we snag it!). We won't have tix linked to the second half of our trip at AKV, right?? At 60 days, will I be able to book FP+ for our whole vacation or just the poly part of it? And if it's just the first five days at the Poly, will we be able to book our AKV FP+ 60 days from that check-in? Will we be sent two sets of magic bands?

Our last trip we booked a bunch of FPs. They worked great for the rides that generally are busy but unnecessary for others that seem to get bundled with the choices. Other then that we just had to plan way ahead as to which park on which day, no changing once the passes are booked.

I assume you decided you didn't want to change your FastPasses? We did trips in May and June and made several changes to our FP+s , sometimes as late as the night before our scheduled FP+s. Sometimes we changed from one Park to another, or we changed the times of our FP+s. Admittedly, when we made last minute changes we couldn't always get our first choices for some attractions and/or times. But one time we snagged Toy Story Mania FP+s at less than 48 hours out.

Another caveat: Its usually just my wife and I, so its easy for two of us to make changes. If you are traveling with a large group, its probably a bit harder to make changes for a bunch of people.

I didn't renew our APs until two days before we arrived last month. I had no problem getting all the rides we wanted, including TSM and SDMT. Many rides had very short stand-by lines, anyway. You need FP for A&E, nice to have FP for the headliners (but often no problem picking FP the day or so before), and many, many others need no FP at all. I think people are making too big a deal about FP (and also dining reservations, but that's another post!)

Heck yeah - logged in at 11:59- had first two days of FP+ within 3 minutes. Had the rest by 12:11. Know your park hours and your expected order of parks; be prepared to change based n FP availability. Go to most desired first - not in order of dates.

It went pretty smoothly last night. I got pretty much what I wanted, but I'm not a fan of the tiering. I also think it points out that Disney really needs to get on the stick and revamp HS, Epcot and AK. Not much there to book.

I've never stayed up til midnight to book fp's. I think my working brain hibernates past 11PM, so I don't try, or I'll find that I booked all Captain Eo OR fIGMENT when I look in the am:):) Seriously, I never had a problem booking what I wanted by waiting til I had my morning coffee and woke up the brain cells ! We don't do M&G's, so that probably explains it, don't know. I want to be awake when I book my fp's:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter