I cant add dining and Im mad!!!

I booked the free park hopper and free water park package back in December. You had to book it by December 16th.
I called today to add on Disney Dining and they told me Im not allowed. :mad: Thanks alot. I sure as heck wish Id know that when I booked it! They told me the only way to add on dining was to take away my free park hopper stuff and then add dining. I dont want to add on the extra $450+ just to add dining! UGH, now I have to call back and cancel 7 ADRs!!! So much for being able to add on dining up to 5 days before arrival!

Why do you have to cancel your ADR's? You can still eat at a restaurant. If you think it will cost you too much, you don't have to have an appetizer and dessert.

If they won't add it for you see if you can rebook the entire package with the DDP. Disney is offering the free park hopper and water park thingie again, effective today for bookings through 2/18/07, for travel between 4/15 and 6/2.

We are leaving Jan 31st so the new bookings effective between April and June wont work for us.

This is giving me such a horrible headache of trying to plan and replan. As soon as DD4 heads off to preschool at noon Ill call back and try asking again. (DD4 still doesnt know we are going.)

Of course if they do add it for me Im going to have a heck of a time calling back and trying to get new ADRs less than 3 weeks out! And no, I couldnt keep my ADRs, they were mainly character meals that would cost far too much OOP in the end. I did keep my 1900 Park Fare ADR, just because I already bought my girls matching cinderella dresses to wear there.

Why do you have to cancel your ADR's? You can still eat at a restaurant. If you think it will cost you too much, you don't have to have an appetizer and dessert.
Also if your aren't on the DDP you can share meals and desserts. Enjoy

This is giving me such a horrible headache of trying to plan and replan. As soon as DD4 heads off to preschool at noon Ill call back and try asking again. (DD4 still doesnt know we are going.)

Of course if they do add it for me Im going to have a heck of a time calling back and trying to get new ADRs less than 3 weeks out! And no, I couldnt keep my ADRs, they were mainly character meals that would cost far too much OOP in the end. I did keep my 1900 Park Fare ADR, just because I already bought my girls matching cinderella dresses to wear there.

So why did you cancel all your ADR's before tried to call again :confused3

I have the same package as you and I just added the dining plan last week. If you get a CM who tells you NO, ask to be transferred to Guest Services. They can do anything :thumbsup2 You should be able to add the dining plan as long as it is at least 72 hours before you arrive.

I actually had to add the Dining Pland and cancel one night on my package since I added a Disney Cruise at the last minute and the dates overlapped by 1-day. I expected to pay a $50 change fee for cancelling 1-night, but Guest Services said since I was still spending my money with Disney, they would waive the fee. So I actually got a refund.

You an get a discounted room rate and add on the dining plan. The DDP can be added to AAA room rates.

Each time CRO releases a general room discount there's one code that's room only and one code that includes dining.

do you mean that you could add on the DDP onto a AAA "room only" ressie? I'd love that for our Nov. trip, but thought you could only have the DDP if you had a package?

do you mean that you could add on the DDP onto a AAA "room only" ressie? I'd love that for our Nov. trip, but thought you could only have the DDP if you had a package?

You can get DDP and the AAA discount if you book directly through a AAA travel agent, subject to availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter