I am riding solo now a Complete TR, New Photos :)

vettegirl

Dole Whip Queen
Hello fellow Disers! My name is Lori and I just decided a few days ago that was going to take my first ever solo trip to my favorite Disney Resort in the whole world, Disneyland. My husband is out of town TDY with the Air Force for the next 5 weeks, so with his blessing I decided, what the heck I am going. I am self employed so I was able to only sneak away next week. I found a cheap flight to SNA last minute. I must admit I am a little nervous about going alone. I am very independent and do not mind eating alone in restaurants so hopefully I do ok all by myself. I have never been in the summertime, but after the crowds from WDW this past May at Star Wars weekend I think I can survive crowds at DL. Of course use of the single rider line will be awesome:thumbsup2

I was able to get a room at the DLH for a decent rate. The location for me and safety were a big deal. Cannot wait to see the new rooms! I will be posting my schedule in the next post;)

Here are a few photos of past Disney Trips to share with you guys!

Me at my fav resort in the entire world, The Grand Floridian!! Disney magic at it's best.

DSC02454.jpg

My DH and I at Tokyo Disney, I am going to miss him soooo much on this trip :guilty:

DSC07208.jpg

DSC05677.jpg

The things I most looking forward to on this solo trip are the following!!

-Staying at the DLH, love the mickey mouse ears on the tolietries, general Disney magic everywhere, and checking out the new tiki lounge!

-Mr. Toad's Wile Ride-I always miss this at other Disney parks

-The real Tiki Room

-A corn dog, never eat them at home, but I die for one at DL. I don't care how many calories or fat grams it has I having one :rotfl:

-Cali Screamin!!!!!

-Indiana Jones-amazing, cannot wait to ride it. The Dinosaur ride at WDW has nothing on this ride.

-The ***********/Roxy store in DT Disney, I love Roxy and cannot wait to do some major shopping

-Lunch at the Hungry Bear-great location and I really want to try this fried green tomato sandwhich

-Fantasmic, enough said. I will only watch it at DL, never seen nor do I want to see it at WDW

-WOC, hope it's as good as everyone says it is!!

-Riding the best version of POTC, outside of DLP, cannot wait to ride this.

-Dole Whips

Is there anything else I should not miss on this solo adventure I am going on.? Please chime in :goodvibes

5 Weeks, so will you be hitting during the sweet spot? When HM is still open and the Matterhorn reopens too? Last Sunday in August and first Friday in September.

I would like to suggest visiting the refurbished Star Tours ride! The scenarios change each time. Get your FP early unless Single Rider is faster? I wished I could explore DLR as a single rider, as I just returned from a trip to DLR with 14 other people. Indy is awesome, and I wished I could have ridden it repeatedly. Space Mountain was faster than I remember it as a 10 year-old. The FP line there, at Indy and at Splash still take a while. The Matterhorn was closed when we were just there last week. :sad1:

5 Weeks, so will you be hitting during the sweet spot? When HM is still open and the Matterhorn reopens too? Last Sunday in August and first Friday in September.

No actually I will be there this coming Monday:cool1: No Matterhorn, but thats okay, that ride hurts too much anyway:lmao:

I would like to suggest visiting the refurbished Star Tours ride! The scenarios change each time. Get your FP early unless Single Rider is faster? I wished I could explore DLR as a single rider, as I just returned from a trip to DLR with 14 other people. Indy is awesome, and I wished I could have ridden it repeatedly. Space Mountain was faster than I remember it as a 10 year-old. The FP line there, at Indy and at Splash still take a while. The Matterhorn was closed when we were just there last week. :sad1:

Wow 14 people, I don't know how you did it! I read the single rider lines are long for for some of the rides. I plan on hitting DL early Tues and Wed to knock out riding Splash Moutain, Space and Indy! I rode Star Tours a few times in May in WDW, so if the lines are really really long it won't be a huge disappoinment for me.

I needed a lot of patience and coffee to deal with 14 others, but I eventually lost my cool at SM after lunch. :littleangel: Yeah even as a Single Rider, I'd still FP everything if possible! ST line shouldn't be an issue with FP. FYI, the ST FP kiosk isn't at ST. It's in front of BLAB across from it (there are ST signs there indicating their location). SM broke down both days we were there (but we were there right when it re-opened on Day 1). Sometimes SM opens late at 10:00 a.m. and closes early at 10:00 p.m; the days that it does this are posted in red above the Disneyland website calendar. It opened at 10ish on Day 2 of our trip and was closed part of the night on our Day 2 when we tried to ride it (and this didn't fall on the days of SM's special hours).

You're going to have a great solo trip!! I'm love to throw those in there every once in a while. The chance to do whatever you want whenever you want. Hope you have a great trip and nice weather!! :goodvibes

You're going to have a great solo trip!! I'm love to throw those in there every once in a while. The chance to do whatever you want whenever you want. Hope you have a great trip and nice weather!! :goodvibes

Thanks I super excited, and can't wait for the cooler weather. It's after 6 here in the evening and it's still like 99 degrees!

OMG I just noticed that you are in San Antonio, which is where I am now. I still don't understand how it's over 100 degrees when the sun is gone. I'm from New York and we have four seasons up there...

Trip Plan

Monday August 1

I arrive into SNA at 10:34 am, and have already purchased my DL Express bus ticket. I am hoping to arrive at the hotel before noon and store my bags. I will check into the fabulous DLH :) and then head over to the ticket counter at the park to purchase my military salute ticket. Our local base didn't have any in stock. I would still have to go to the ticket booth to activate it so it's not like I was saving anytime to begin with. I also prepurchased my Goofy's Kitchen voucher for dinner at 7. I enjoyed our dinner there back in 09 and don't mind the characters coming by. Hopefully I don't look like a weirdo in there all by myself :lmao: Anyway once I get my ticket activated I am going to head over to DL to basically walk around get a light lunch and ride a few rides. I am planning on spending maybe 2 to 3 hours in DL before heading back to the hotel to go hang out at the new pool and get a drink or 3 :lmao: at the new Tiki bar. After dinner at Goofy's I will probably head over to DCA to check out a few rides before retiring to bed for a long Tuesday.

OMG I just noticed that you are in San Antonio, which is where I am now. I still don't understand how it's over 100 degrees when the sun is gone. I'm from New York and we have four seasons up there...

Tell me about it, trying going for a run in it. The good thing is the humidty has not been too high which makes it more bearable, but still miserable.

Sounds like a easy and relaxing first day. Until to Single Rider Indy over and over and have to run to dinner. Well see how if it works like your planning.

Trip Plan

Monday August 1

I arrive into SNA at 10:34 am, and have already purchased my DL Express bus ticket. I am hoping to arrive at the hotel before noon and store my bags. I will check into the fabulous DLH :) and then head over to the ticket counter at the park to purchase my military salute ticket. Our local base didn't have any in stock. I would still have to go to the ticket booth to activate it so it's not like I was saving anytime to begin with. I also prepurchased my Goofy's Kitchen voucher for dinner at 7. I enjoyed our dinner there back in 09 and don't mind the characters coming by. Hopefully I don't look like a weirdo in there all by myself :lmao: Anyway once I get my ticket activated I am going to head over to DL to basically walk around get a light lunch and ride a few rides. I am planning on spending maybe 2 to 3 hours in DL before heading back to the hotel to go hang out at the new pool and get a drink or 3 :lmao: at the new Tiki bar. After dinner at Goofy's I will probably head over to DCA to check out a few rides before retiring to bed for a long Tuesday.

That sounds like a great first day! I'm sure you won't look like a weirdo ;)

:banana: 3 more days!! Suitcase is packed, lawn is mowed, and work is pretty covered. We have a tropical storm hitting us early tomorrow morning, just bringing much needed rain. Thank goodness TS Don decided to come on Sat not Mon!

For anyone on twitter, I will be tweeting during my trip, follow me at sarealtorchick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter