I am old - Mimeograph copies!

"Ditto sheets". ah yes I remember them. They were damp when they were fresh.

Flim strips, lol! And when you rewound them, you can see the movie backwards. Always made me giggle.

Showing a film in class always meant "lights out" and some people would fall asleep.

There's something great about the click-click-click motor sound of a projector. You don't hear that anymore.

Yep, big time ditto sniffer here:banana: Hey, that could explain some things about me:scratchin

The school I went to elementary at still used a mimeo machine at least into the late 80's. What can I say...we were poor.

TOV

Another ditto-sniffer here. :rotfl: I loved to smell them when they were still fresh and damp. Mmmmmm.

Oh, how I love the smell of a fresh ditto. I remember when the teacher passed out a nice, freshly dittoed test. The first thing everyone would do would be to take a deep whiff.

Remember fightilng to see who would get to go outside to clean the erasers or who would GET to wash the black boards?

I feel really old at my daughter's school. My daughter is ten years old and I am 52. I keep waiting for someone to call me a grandmother.

lol I rember them. Heaven forbid you ever put a piece of it in your mouth. *gag*

I can still smell that ink!! Which also reminds me of the paper cutter that used to be kept in the back of the classroom, it's a wonder no one cut off a limb with that thing!!!!!

Which also reminds me of the paper cutter that used to be kept in the back of the classroom, it's a wonder no one cut off a limb with that thing!!!!!

WOW, I totally forgot about that cutter. You could cut a stack of 50 sheets with that thing (or at least it seemed like it). We also had a huge roll of brown paper equal to paper bag thickness in every room. We used it to cover books and do other projects.

Do teachers still use gold stars on perfect papers? LOOOOOVEd getting those.

I remember those wonderful smelling copies!! It was great sitting in the first seat and being passed the paper to pass back, they were nice and warm and everyone took a wiff before passing them back! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Remember fightilng to see who would get to go outside to clean the erasers or who would GET to wash the black boards?

Oh, I used to LOVE being picked to go clean the erasers. I'm not sure why, since it's kind of a nasty, dusty, chore.... but the freedom of being out of the classroom doing something "special" was really cool. :thumbsup2

Oh, I used to LOVE being picked to go clean the erasers. I'm not sure why, since it's kind of a nasty, dusty, chore.... but the freedom of being out of the classroom doing something "special" was really cool. :thumbsup2

This is where you learned the value of sucking up to the "boss".....

But then there were days when she brought out the filmstrip machine. Those things were so BORING. Unless you were picked to be the one to advance the slides. Then you felt special. ;)

But does anyone remember that sound that the filmstrip made when it advanced to the next picture? I still remember that sound!! Love it!! :lovestruc

A little off topic but does anyone remember a game called 7up? We used to play it in grade school in the classroom at recess when it rained & we couldn't go out.

All I remember is everyone had to put their heads down on the desk with their eyes closed, someone would be "it" and would walk around and I think tap someone on the shoulder. That's all I remember.

I guess back then (a loonng time ago) it didn't take much to amuse us but there had to be more to it than that.

And yes, we too used to hold the mimeograph paper to our face & smell it before passing it back. :)

Do you remember what a treat it was to WRITE on the blackboard?

What about the device used to hold a bunch of pieces of chalk, used to draw parallel lines on the blackboard, simulating the lines on the paper?

The really cool teachers used colored chalk. Some used the little chalk holder.....

but then came the overhead projector....which obsoleted the blackboard. Had a teacher who used her saliva/finger to erase the OH projector ink, then she would proceed to get the ink all over her face.....

Ooooh! I remember 7-Up! :love: That was one of my favorite indoor games!! You had to guess who tapped you on the shoulder, then you became the tapper!! I figured out that if you peeked at their shoes, you could guess who it was!!! You had to be really sneaky about it, though. I slid my head-down position to the very edge of the desk to see their feet. I'm pretty sure I got caught too! !:laughing:

What a memory blast! I was trying to explain what a mimeograph machine was to a new teacher the other week and she kept giving me this puzzled look. You can imagine her face when I explained how we had to store the masters and the mess it all made! She was even more horrified when I recounted the brief budgetary era of 1 paper ream per month per teacher in our middle school.

I certainly don't miss those days!
Eyecrazy.gif

How about the "squeak" of chalk on the blackboard???:goodvibes Also, "eating" a little bit of paste?:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter