I am nuts.....for bringing the in-laws-a May/June 2011 TR.

The girls look so cute with their BBB makeovers! I bet they really enjoyed it!

I want to take more classes on using my DSLR. A few weeks before our last trip to Disney, I did take a beginners class at Kadair's in Baton Rouge. It was great! It really got me to understand the basics & now I don't shoot on "Auto"! I would also love a class on photo editing. That's probably what I need most right now.

They loved their BBB makover.

I learned a lot during the first class. I went to Lakeside Camera Works in Metairie. It's the closest to me. The editing was pretty basic, most of the stuff I knew, but I learned a little.

I smiled when you said that your in-laws thought it was neat that you could hop on a bus and it would take you anywhere on Disney property. My mother thought that was the greatest thing too (as do I).

The girls look so pretty with their BBB makeovers. I bet they were super surprised.

They were surprised.

Love the BBB hair and makeup! The pilllowcases are adorable too! I was just thinking about how bad it would be to bring my in-laws, for one of the same reasons and one completely opposite...1. FIL would not remember anything I told him and would be all kinds of confused & 2. they think alcohol is from the devil (FIL's a baptist pastor :lmao:) and DH and I enjoy a good cocktail.:rotfl:

Thanks. I like to have a cocktail, but my in-laws like to have a cocktail or beer everyday, sometimes most of the day, especially on weekends.

Luvin the BBB makeover pics!

Thanks

Love the pictures of the girls at BBB...they are gorgeous!

Thanks

I'm joining! My MiL loves disney. She was very disappointed that she won't be able to surprise us by joining us on our up coming trip. So were we:rotfl2:

joining in. you are braver than I to travel with your inlaws. I've done WDW with my parents, but i'm not sure i could with the inlaws. I hope you all were able to carve out some alone family time. great bbb pics!

I'am Joining in popcorn:: Great report so far!

Joining in popcorn::

:welcome:

062-2.jpg

Love this picture! I love all of the pink hair:cutie:

Hi, Loving your report!
Can't wait to read more:goodvibes

Where were we, oh ya, at Goofy’s Candy Co.

My fil also got a treat, but don’t know what, maybe an oreo. We sat outside of Goofy’s and ate our snack til it started to drizzle.

We headed back to our resort. When we arrived, our luggage had arrived. I unpacked our luggage and got everything situated before heading out to explore our resort a little. Even though we had stayed at the AS Movies two times before, we never really ventured out and explored.

072-1.jpg

074.jpg

087-2.jpg

089-1.jpg

091.jpg

092.jpg

095-1.jpg

096-2.jpg

The kids found the playground, so we hung around there a while.

077.jpg

079-1.jpg

085-2.jpg

My mil was hungry, so she went and get a chicken tender meal at the food court. She said it was very good. Ya!! First food picture.

086-2.jpg

The kids played until it started to drizzle, so we headed back to our room and showered and went to bed. We only were up since 4 AM. :scared1: We had an early ADR the next morning.

Before I go, an empty pool:

098.jpg

Up next: Day 2-1st Park Day

All of the Toy Story decor is really cute! I especially like how they have the Green Army Men on top of the buildings.

Can't wait to hear about y'alls first park day!

Great pictures of the resort! I think it's the best themed for the values! We've stayed in the Love Bug section and twice in the Fantasia section....we loved it!

It looks like ya'll had fun exploring the resort despite a few drizzles of rain. All of the big icons are super cute!

Hi, you got me! I am tagging along because I have a feeling that MIL is going to be trouble! Hope you all had a good trip anyway. I am a former dance team mom - my oldest DD (named Maddie, btw) competed from the age of 7 until she graduated HS and went off to college - to major in dance! Fortunately for me, my younger DD has NO interest in dance. Don't think I could do it all over again. More power to you! And your girls look very sweet.

It looks like you had an awesome time exploring the resort.

&& its RC! When we stayed at ASMovies if you opened our door you saw RC. So everyday my son opened the door and begged us to let him take RC for a ride before breakfast. Aww memories. :)

Hi, you got me! I am tagging along because I have a feeling that MIL is going to be trouble! Hope you all had a good trip anyway. I am a former dance team mom - my oldest DD (named Maddie, btw) competed from the age of 7 until she graduated HS and went off to college - to major in dance! Fortunately for me, my younger DD has NO interest in dance. Don't think I could do it all over again. More power to you! And your girls look very sweet.

:welcome: We will be taking next year off from competition dancing. We actually are switching dance studios, big issues there, and the studio we will be going to does not have a competition yet. She is only in her 4th year of teaching dance and she wants to get established first. My girls are excited about their new teacher because she was a Saintsation (Saints dance team) and we were cheerleaders together in school. Thanks for joining.

Day 2 – Epcot

What kinda person plans a vacation that you have to wake up at the crack of dawn each morning? Oh, that’s right, me. We are at Disney, we can't sleep in. :laughing:

When the kids woke up, they found this waiting for them:

100.jpg

It was a welcome postcard, an invitation to breakfast and each a little surprise. Jaden had Disney fllipflops and Madi had Tink sunglasses.

Here is a photo of the invitation:

zz6.jpg

We were on our way to the bus stop by 7am. I like to be early because you don’t always know if the bus will come right away. We took the bus to MK and then the monorail to the Poly. I had my in-laws all confused. :confused3I told them to just follow us.

ADR at Ohana’s for 8am. This was our second time eating here for breakfast. We loved it last time. The juice is awesome!! Of course, the kids don’t like it. The food was awesome and our waitress was amazing. She even left us the whole pitcher of juice.

104.jpg

109.jpg

110.jpg

This is my plate:
101.jpg

and this is Madi's plate:
102.jpg

I should've taken a photo of the food they bring to the table. This was my first time taking photos of our food, so it took me a while to remember.

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

115.jpg

Madi didn't want to take pics with the characters. It takes her a while to warm up to the characters. Stitch kinda grabbed her for the picture. After that, we had to switch places. Will it get better? Will we get pics of her with the characters?

I'm in! In my first trip to Dis with my DH... he was then my boyfriend and I had to share a bed at WL with my (to be) MIL! :scared1: At least you don't have to share a bed with your MIL or FIL!

Don't worry - you're not the only one who has the family rising at the crack of dawn while in Disney. There is just no way I could sleep in while I'm there & I am NOT a morning person. But, when there's that much magic & fun to be had - you just have to get going!

It's look like y'all had a great start to the day with the breakfast at Ohana's. I hope Madi warmed up the characters during the trip. You just never know how kids will react to them.

I've been to Ohana's a few times for dinner and love it but Ive never for breakfast.

Is the juice pineapple juice?

I think everyone gets up early on a Disney vacation. How can you not? You have to get as much time there in as possible:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter