• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"I almost peed my pants.. and fell out!" March 2015 TR

Following along! Can't wait to hear more!! :)

Thanks for joining!

Following along!! Looking forward to hearing the rest! I haven't checked out that resort yet but want to now! Also - the Peoplemover is my favourite too!

Welcome! The resort was very nice! I have stayed at POFQ before but never Riverside, but I would definitely stay there again! There is something just so relaxing and awesome about Peoplemover!

Yay, I am so excited that you decided to write a TR. I am looking forwards to reading all about your trip.

That sunrise at the airport is gorgeous! Glad your flight went smoothly.

How sweet of the driver to notice how happy you were. Love all the smile photos, really shows your excitement!

Bummer on being the last stop on the bus, that would be torture.

Ah, Sken so cruel. You don't mess with a girl and the first sight of the castle. Hopefully he learned his lesson.

Space Mountain, what a great ride to start the day. Followed by awesome coincidence of you and your party all having the same Buzz FP+ times, score!

Your room is gorgeous, I would love to stay in a Royal Room some day.

Sounds like a great time at Planet Hollywood.

Hey...a maybe upcoming trip?! So exciting, keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks for coming along for the ride! I am happy to be re-living the vacation! I'm not getting too excited about the return trip just yet because Sken last night said no way, LOL. He flips and flops so much so I'm not getting my hopes up either way!

Joining in!!! Can't wait to keep reading :surfweb:

Thanks for joining!

I'm joining in, too. We stayed in a Royal Room for a few days in September. I loved it!

Thanks for following along and welcome! The room was awesome. I wish I had taken some more pictures of all the small details but I honestly didn't see them all at the beginning.

I should have another update coming tomorrow. I have to hook up my camera and get all my pictures off of it and up on Photobucket. I have all my phone pictures and Photopass pics, but I need the ones off my camera too so I plan to do that tonight!

Hi Casey! I saw you on Mo's TR and decided to follow your link over here and get caught up.

I was going to say that you and Sken sound like me and my DH, I'm a super fan but he is just along for the ride most trips. But after reading your last post I think you have a true convert to the Disney way.

Oh and I love your puppy, she is adorable. We have four fur babies but they are all a bit smaller than yours. Two Miniature Schnauzers, a Schnauzer mix and a Yorkie.

Sounds like your first day at MK was a lot of fun, you got some great rides in in a short amount of time!

Those Royal Rooms are so pretty. I definitely want to stay in one of those someday. Last time DH and I stayed at POR we did a preferred room.

Sorry for the snotty hostess at Planet Hollywood, that's never any fun. I ate at PH for the first time in February and enjoyed it. That drink looks pretty interesting. :rotfl:

Just found your TR and joining in! I love POR and have stayed there twice but have never stayed in a royal room. Last time I ate at Planet Hollywood was in 2012 so it's been a while but I enjoyed it then. Can't wait to hear more.

In my defense i DID NOT get an alert you had an update!!! So thank you for telling me.. well yelling at me..

But see Ariana followed over! I'm forgiven right???

What a beautiful morning you had! Love the sunrise!! what a way to start your Disney vacation then with a magical morning!

I WAS READY FOR DISNEY!!!

OMG your WAY too cute!!! The Bus Driver saw it is even sweeter.. You and Sken are just way too cute! Love you guys already!

We didn’t go through the arch! I was bummed, but we did go through this thing that I

WHAT? the NERVE! always need to go through the arch!

For the troubles, they gave me a $150 gift card that essentially covered the cost of our Memory Maker.)

This is fantastic! AWESOME!!!!!

So you pp picture on mine train is FANTASTIC! I wish they had that when we were there.. THIS TIME i will!!! YAY! HOLY MOLEY that picture of buzz I had to laugh out loud!!!

Prepare for room picture overload!

This room screams DISNEY PRINCESS! and you fit right in!!!! How did Sken like sleeping amongst the princesses?!?! I adore everything about it!!! THANK YOU for posting them all!!!

Umm no rush.. Apparently the dis doesn't want me to read your report?!?! If i don't post again TELL me you have an update?!??!

“Officer, I’ll have another!” We died laughing. It was actually my Facebook status that night. I almost made that the name of this report too! So funny.

This is WAY TOO FUNNY.. I want to hang out with you guys

We walked back towards the boats, and I got a drink in this fancy cup

I. need. this. cup.

So Mo just asked me in her PTR if I was thinking about a return trip.

This is funnier the second time around!!!! I know your going back.. Just get married while your there.. ;) ::yes:: two birds... one stone... :woohoo:

Just get married while your there.. ;) ::yes:: two birds... one stone... :woohoo:

I actually meant to suggest this in my post. ::yes:: My cousin got married there last February and it was a beautiful wedding although pretty expensive. I did a TR on it, it's the "Who's Turn is it to Throw Up Today?" one in my signature.

Which screams awesome Disney wedding doesn't it?!? :lmao: Don't let the title fool you -- the wedding she wrote about WAS beautiful!!!

Oh yes, no one actually threw up during the wedding although it was a close one for my SIL. It definitely was a beautiful wedding.

:flower3: Love the report name so I joined in, glad I'm not the only one who gets so excited..you look happy and beautiful for some one who was up at the crack of dawn ( well technically before it)!

The room is beautiful, Port Orleans is my favorite hotel.

Can't wait to read more

Hi Casey! I saw you on Mo's TR and decided to follow your link over here and get caught up.

I was going to say that you and Sken sound like me and my DH, I'm a super fan but he is just along for the ride most trips. But after reading your last post I think you have a true convert to the Disney way.

Oh and I love your puppy, she is adorable. We have four fur babies but they are all a bit smaller than yours. Two Miniature Schnauzers, a Schnauzer mix and a Yorkie.

Sounds like your first day at MK was a lot of fun, you got some great rides in in a short amount of time!

Those Royal Rooms are so pretty. I definitely want to stay in one of those someday. Last time DH and I stayed at POR we did a preferred room.

Sorry for the snotty hostess at Planet Hollywood, that's never any fun. I ate at PH for the first time in February and enjoyed it. That drink looks pretty interesting. :rotfl:

Welcome and thanks for popping over!

I think I made a little headway in turning Sken to the Disney Side, but not quite where I want to be. Although I'm thinking that once we have children and bring them there.. he will fall for sure!

Thanks, she is our baby! My aunt had a miniature schnauzer, Addie, while I was growing up, those dogs are so nice!

Always love starting a trip at MK!

The drink was interesting! We were not letting any snotty hosts stand between us and those drinks!

Just found your TR and joining in! I love POR and have stayed there twice but have never stayed in a royal room. Last time I ate at Planet Hollywood was in 2012 so it's been a while but I enjoyed it then. Can't wait to hear more.

Welcome aboard! POR was so nice! I stayed at POFQ when I was in 8th grade and don't remember too much of it but that whole resort area is so nice and I love the boat to DTD.

In my defense i DID NOT get an alert you had an update!!! So thank you for telling me.. well yelling at me..

But see Ariana followed over! I'm forgiven right???

Yes Mo, you sure are forgiven!

What a beautiful morning you had! Love the sunrise!! what a way to start your Disney vacation then with a magical morning!

OMG your WAY too cute!!! The Bus Driver saw it is even sweeter.. You and Sken are just way too cute! Love you guys already!

WHAT? the NERVE! always need to go through the arch!

This is fantastic! AWESOME!!!!!

So you pp picture on mine train is FANTASTIC! I wish they had that when we were there.. THIS TIME i will!!! YAY! HOLY MOLEY that picture of buzz I had to laugh out loud!!!

This room screams DISNEY PRINCESS! and you fit right in!!!! How did Sken like sleeping amongst the princesses?!?! I adore everything about it!!! THANK YOU for posting them all!!!

Umm no rush.. Apparently the dis doesn't want me to read your report?!?! If i don't post again TELL me you have an update?!??!

This is WAY TOO FUNNY.. I want to hang out with you guys

I. need. this. cup.

This is funnier the second time around!!!! I know your going back.. Just get married while your there.. ;) ::yes:: two birds... one stone... :woohoo:

Sken actually really liked the room!! I think because the details are so intricate but subtle. His favorite thing was the firework on the headboard though. OMG he just kept pressing the button every night to make them go off. He was SO MAD they wouldn't stay on all night.

We are a fun group and welcome people to hang with us! LOL we laughed so hard that night!

We are not engaged yet, so I can't plan for that. But more about that later in the report...

I actually meant to suggest this in my post. ::yes:: My cousin got married there last February and it was a beautiful wedding although pretty expensive. I did a TR on it, it's the "Who's Turn is it to Throw Up Today?" one in my signature.

I would love it I really would, but my family is BIG (mom one of eight, dad one of six and step dad one of three) and family is really important to me, so there is no way we could swing it :( I did peak at the TR and it looks so pretty!!! I so wish I could do that, it's just not feasible.

Which screams awesome Disney wedding doesn't it?!? :lmao: Don't let the title fool you -- the wedding she wrote about WAS beautiful!!!

Oh yes, no one actually threw up during the wedding although it was a close one for my SIL. It definitely was a beautiful wedding.

Haha that's awesome! It does look absolutely gorgeous there for a wedding!

:flower3: Love the report name so I joined in, glad I'm not the only one who gets so excited..you look happy and beautiful for some one who was up at the crack of dawn ( well technically before it)!

The room is beautiful, Port Orleans is my favorite hotel.

Can't wait to read more

Thank you and welcome! The title will actually be revealed on day two! Super early but I just thought it was so perfect! And thank you, I am flattered! :blush: Nothing was going to get in my way of Disney day! :rotfl:

The room was awesome! I would totally stay there again!

So I know I promised an update like two days ago, but I forgot how busy work was going to be. :confused3 So I will get everything in line and have the update for Monday. Thank you to everyone who has joined so far! I promise, going forward it won't be this long between updates!

Hope everyone has a good weekend and Happy Easter if you celebrate!

Hi Casey, I finally made it. Kinda glad you're on hold so I could get all caught up. :)

I love your pics on the ME. So much happy!!! Ugh though. I am familiar with that entrance to Disney property. Still good, but not quite as good as the arches.

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_7221279461.jpeg

If looks could kill... :laughing:

I really like that you get two photos on Mine Train in case one doesn't show up right.

Absolutely going to be following this! Great start to your TR.

You sure lucked out, four fastpasses for one day?? I hear that's something they're testing - of course, right after my trip. :rolleyes: (Big fan of the TTA, too!! Rode it six times on our last trip.)

We also stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, but we were in a gardens view in Alligator Bayou. What a great resort! We're so used to staying value too so it was quite the change. Looks like the Royal Rooms are gorgeous.

PS: Love the Raglan Road cup!!

Casey, thanks for the heads up. I'm here and I'll be back to catch up tonight.

Wow...that was an early start to the day. But know you were happy to be away from all that snow.

Great start, Casey. How mean of Sken to pull you off Main Street and you couldn't see your castle. :eek:

Yay for getting in some rides before your room was ready and meeting up with family.

I love taking the boat to DTD...such a relaxing ride.

You have me cracking up over your dinner drinks and the spilled water.

I like your Raglan Road glass.

Day One - Part Three (extras)

So I forgot to get these few pictures into the last update so I am adding them here!

Everyday I wore my Fitbit to try to track all that we were doing on the trip. I had explained to Sken many times that you walk a LOT in Disney and I don't think he really got it until he was doing it himself (although isn't that always the way?!?) So this was our day one summary according to my Fitbit Flex

Not to shabby for going from 3am until 10:30 pm!

Also I think I actually took these pictures on day two, but they go with the room from day one, so I am putting them here!

So our room number was:

When you were leaving our room and heading to the main lobby/boat dock/bus depot this was the view!

When you go to the end and turned around to look back at our building you got to see this lovely site!

This was heading to the boat dock and also from the boat along the river to DTD

So that was just a little more of the resort! It truly was amazing and I would love to stay there again. I will say to I would love to stay in the royal room again too! It was totally worth the extra that we paid for it!

Stay tuned for Day Two!!

Day Two- "I Almost Peed my Pants... and Feel Out!"
Part One

Day two is the day that my trip title will be explained, but it won't be until the end and I hope that you all will still read on to find out the other things that I had considered as options.

So the night before we ate dinner at Planet Hollywood. I had made plans for Sken and I to go to EPCOT the next day and use some FP+. He really wanted to go to that park so this was our plan. I didn't know what Dawn, AT, Myra and Kaden had planned because they didn't know what time Myra was going to have to compete and I had made the selections before I knew Auntie L, Uncle P and O were joining us. Well at dinner AL, and UP decided that they and O wanted to go to Animal Kingdom and for us all to go. They mentioned going on the safari early in the morning and Sken perked right up and wanted to go. Okay we can make this work.. I think.

They wanted to get there for park opening, which was 8 am, so we were were up and on our way by 7am. I moved some of our FP+ to a little later in the day so we could leave from AK and take the bus to EPCOT. This wasn't our best morning, as we were still tired from travel the day before, HOWEVER we were in the Happiest Place on Earth and we were ready!

On the bus to AK

We got there a few minutes after 8 and met up with Dawn, AT, Myra and Kaden. As we are walking up to them we find out that UP is making O read before they go to the parks for the day.. Okay so we will head to the safari without them.

On the way we stopped for some family pictures!

Then the PP Photographer told us to strike a pose. Apparently this didn't sit to well with Kaden and he decided to hide and not be in the picture? Ahh the trials of a 7 year old! LOL

After that little pit stop it was back to Africa to see some animals! Sken was really excited to be going on the safari and to see some animals! He had never seen them before!! :scared1: Yes that's right, he had never even been to the zoo before! :sad2: I couldn't believe it myself....

With a very short wait, we were off to the Savannah!

These little things were running around. I'm not sure what animal they are, but they were babies and the were having a grand old time! Our driver was so happy to see them!

This was the one and only giraffe that we saw!

Then we turned the corner and this big guy was out showing off!!!!! what can we say.. he was HAPPY to see us!!! :rotfl:

We all got a kick out of him! LOL

The big guy!

His ladies are in there too!

And lastly the warthogs!

So we had a nice little ride through the safari! Sken liked it and took a ton of pictures on his phone, but it did leave him wanting more. He decided that he wanted to try the walking trails. When we got off we tried to head that way, but Dawn said AL, UP, and O had arrived and that they wanted to see the Festival of the Lion King, so we headed that way to meet up with them.

Day Two - "I almost peed my pants... and fell out!"
Part Two

We took the semi short walk from the safari and over to the FotLK theater to meet up with the rest of the family. When we get there UP tells us that his friend from college is coming to AK that day and they planned to meet at the FotLK show. However the show didn't start for another hour so they wanted to ride the safari! Ugh.. we JUST did that. Okay we will go back I guess.. There was still no line so we were on quickly. I will say this second time on, I didn't take any pictures and it was nice to just take it all in and watch for things rather then fight with the camera to focus!

When we were done, we headed back over to FotLK to get in line. We didn't wait too long before being let into the theater. I hadn't seen this show since I was in 8th grade and Lion King is my favorite so I was excited!! We were let into the theater and right across the floor. We ended up being the Lion Side! Before the show started UP's friend came over and we met him. They wanted to meet up again outside the theater after the show was over. Then it began!

I fell in love with that show all over again!! I could watch it all day. I just love the songs!

When the show was over, we headed outside and UP and AL went to talk to UP's college friend. Some people had to use the rest room so the rest of us found a bench to sit on. I took this picture and sent it to my mom to say hi!

From there UP and his friend went to grab beers. It was 10:30 am. Now we are all for a good time and a great beer but uh.. that's too early!! So we decided to walk towards EE and check the wait time and if it was too busy we would hit Dinosaur. AL said to go ahead and they were right behind us. EE was too long, so we continued on. The second we got into the line for Dinosaur AL texts that no one but her and O are coming on Dinosaur and asked us to wait for them. After 5ish minutes they joined us in line. Why couldn't they just come with us before??? Whatever this is vacation and time to be happy!! Moving on..

When we loaded the vehicle, I made sure to put Sken on THEE side. You know what side!! Well the ride photo doesn't show PURE terror, but there is terror! Myra and I had a good laugh about that! O on the other hand was quiet scared! You can't tell by her face because it is buried! LOL

Front row left to right: AL, O, Kaden and Dawn
Second Row L to R: Sken, me, Myra, AT

From there, we decided to take the kids on Primeval Whirl. Since there was five of us and we wouldn't all fit into one time capsule, we split up and did boys and girls! O rode with Myra and Me and Kaden rode with Sken. This is where it all began! Sken told Kaden to put his arms up in the air, and he did on every ride he did from there on out!! Photo proof of this to come!

It was getting close to time for our first FP+, and we were getting hungry, so we decided to part ways here and head over to EPCOT. Myra was competing at 9 pm so I wished her good luck and told AL and AT to let me know their plans for the night and told them we would try to meet up. We walked out to the bus and didn't have too long of a wait before we were off to EPCOT!

How neat that you were able to calculate your steps and how far you walked! That's a lot!

Uh, that resort is gorgeous. Great pictures!

Wow, how nice to skip your EPCOT plans and go with the flow. That would be SO hard for me to do!

Cute pictures, I love the Lion King magic shot. I haven't seen that one before, just baby Simba.

Sken had never been to a zoo?! That is nuts! Haha that elephant! The zebra picture is beautiful.

I cannot wait to see FOTLK, it looks incredible and always gets rave reviews from DISers.

Great Dinosaur photo!

Awesome update, can't wait for more!

Looks like a really fun day!! It's tough when other people change the plan on you huh? You handled it really well and managed to be flexible though which is great!! I have to work on that lol.

Hi Casey, I finally made it. Kinda glad you're on hold so I could get all caught up. :)

I love your pics on the ME. So much happy!!! Ugh though. I am familiar with that entrance to Disney property. Still good, but not quite as good as the arches.

If looks could kill... :laughing:

I really like that you get two photos on Mine Train in case one doesn't show up right.

Hey Rob! Thanks for joining!! :wave2:

The pictures are so funny to go through! This weekend I got the Memory Maker archive DVD and we went through them all and zoomed in on some, it was a riot!!

I like the two pictures as well as the video. The video thing it so neat!

Absolutely going to be following this! Great start to your TR.

You sure lucked out, four fastpasses for one day?? I hear that's something they're testing - of course, right after my trip. :rolleyes: (Big fan of the TTA, too!! Rode it six times on our last trip.)

We also stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, but we were in a gardens view in Alligator Bayou. What a great resort! We're so used to staying value too so it was quite the change. Looks like the Royal Rooms are gorgeous.

PS: Love the Raglan Road cup!!

Thank you and welcome aboard!!

I actually didn't have four FP. Dawn and I synced our MDE accounts, so hers showed up on my app. It got really confusing at times, but it was cool to be able to all get FP+ for the same time, which came in handy in a few updates!

POR is so gorgeous! I usually stay value too so it was a nice change!

Casey, thanks for the heads up. I'm here and I'll be back to catch up tonight.

Wow...that was an early start to the day. But know you were happy to be away from all that snow.

Great start, Casey. How mean of Sken to pull you off Main Street and you couldn't see your castle. :eek:

Yay for getting in some rides before your room was ready and meeting up with family.

I love taking the boat to DTD...such a relaxing ride.

You have me cracking up over your dinner drinks and the spilled water.

I like your Raglan Road glass.

Hi Kathy! Glad your back and enjoyed your time in AZ! Thanks for joining me!

It was a mean move!! It was all in good fun though. I forgave him! LOL

I'm glad I made the FP+ so we were able to do stuff the first day! Any extra time at MK is okay by me!!

The boat is such a nice little ride! Dinner that night was a blast!

I would have too!!! It's so neat!!!!!!!!!

well.. Then you should get a family trip together and get engaged in front of the castle! OK maybe show the above to sken... LOL

Haha I wasn't going to put this out there, because I didn't want to give too much away but we had a conversation during and after the dessert party about it. When we got home and opened the mail, he had mail from the jewelers. I think he tried to get the ring before the trip and it wasn't ready. So he has it now and is waiting for the time to be right, otherwise known as torturing me!!! Haha. It will come I am sure and I can't wait!

How neat that you were able to calculate your steps and how far you walked! That's a lot!

Uh, that resort is gorgeous. Great pictures!

Wow, how nice to skip your EPCOT plans and go with the flow. That would be SO hard for me to do!

Cute pictures, I love the Lion King magic shot. I haven't seen that one before, just baby Simba.

Sken had never been to a zoo?! That is nuts! Haha that elephant! The zebra picture is beautiful.

I cannot wait to see FOTLK, it looks incredible and always gets rave reviews from DISers.

Great Dinosaur photo!

Awesome update, can't wait for more!

Thanks! You think we walked a lot that day, wait until you see the day I'm currently doing LOL!

I hadn't seen that shot either but it was cute! And we were all laughing at Kaden and if you look closly you can see his little leg behind Dawn's LOL!

I KNOW!!! I can't believe his mother never took him to a ZOO! Once the weather gets nice I am going to take him to a bunch around here!

FotLK is so worth it! We had a FP for it for our second (and what was only) AK day, but since we saw it and there were other things we wanted to do that we didn't we switched our FP+ for something else. Sken became a master at getting on MDE and switching things around and making ressies!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter