Hyperspace Mountain or Goofy Movie is going to replace Aerosmith (Rumor)

It would have to be a temporary overlay if its Star Wars. But Disney is so slow at making lands, rides and even parking garages that they could probably get two years with it.
There is nothing forcing Disney to be fast. Also Disney spreads out construction to help spread out costs over multiple fiscal quarters or years.

That actually makes perfect sense, they could make a whole Guardians section. I'd even people alright with Tower becoming a Guardians ride. All they'd have to do it is overlay these two rides, ditch the Beauty show and add a Guardians dance party.

Whoa now! I couldn't be more opposed to GOTG at the Tower of Terror. The ToT is just as fine a ride as it has ever been. No need to TOUCH it. Aerosmith - those guys bear no resemblance today to the fellows in that film...

Was checking out Disneystore.com today and noticed several RnRC items themed with a new Mickey Mouse logo--No evidence of Aerosmith whatsoever. Maybe the re-theme of RnRC and TGMR rumor got crossways? BTW, if you're wanting any park product, it's 25% off thru Sunday on the site & the Shop Disney Parks app.:earsboy:

Perhaps they should make a new land based on the Tower's theming. I'd love to visit a haunted or gothic themed land with a Nightmare b4 christmas rollercoaster and show.

I like Micca's idea, Tower can always be themed to the old Mickey Haunted House cartoons. Those were classics.

Perhaps they should make a new land based on the Tower's theming. I'd love to visit a haunted or gothic themed land with a Nightmare b4 christmas rollercoaster and show.

I like Micca's idea, Tower can always be themed to the old Mickey Haunted House cartoons. Those were classics.
Micca was talking about Rockin Rollercoaster not Tower of Terro.

Micca was talking about Rockin Rollercoaster not Tower of Terror.

Whoops, looks like I disagree with Micca's Rock one then. It would be pretty sweet in Tower of Terror though, so I give Micca brownie points for being close. Mickey and Rock n Roll don't go together at all. That's like Peanut Butter and Mayonnaise.

Whoops, looks like I disagree with Micca's Rock one then. It would be pretty sweet in Tower of Terror though, so I give Micca brownie points for being close. Mickey and Rock n Roll don't go together at all. That's like Peanut Butter and Mayonnaise.
We'll have to disagree I don't like any idea of Mickey going into ToT. Just leave that ride alone it's fine as is.

Screamscape is honestly one of the worst places to get rumors. They can even be worse than Jim hill in how they report every single little rumor they hear.

I can tell you a Rockin roller coaster retheme is likely but it won't be hyperspace mountain because the ride isn't a "mountain". I also can't see it being themed to a goofy movie because while I loved the movie it's not s too selling IP. Disney only likes to use big time IPs these days.
Screamscape can be reliable though, I remember the Geauga Lake and Cypress Gardens closing rumors came out of nowhere and the next day they were true

Screamscape is honestly one of the worst places to get rumors. They can even be worse than Jim hill in how they report every single little rumor they hear.

I can tell you a Rockin roller coaster retheme is likely but it won't be hyperspace mountain because the ride isn't a "mountain". I also can't see it being themed to a goofy movie because while I loved the movie it's not s too selling IP. Disney only likes to use big time IPs these days.
True dat

The rumors are obviously sourcing from a couple main themes:

A desire to "finish" and theme DHS, a need to update Epcot, and a desire for Marvel on the east coast.

Look at the rumors... they are all based on finding a theme for the rest of DHS. Sorcerer Mickey in the Theater, Goofy in RnRC... connect them once Star Wars Land opens and you can take out the theater... there's a "classic" Disney original character theme that could be built there. Its workable. The other option, is go Marvel. Big Hero 6 theme of rockn roller coaster, GoTG into the Tower... however, that's already been proven unpopular. So, float it, pull it back...

Which then leaves Epcot... if Marvel won't fit in DHS, maybe it goes in Epcot which needs an update. So now we have the Marvel in Future World discussion...

Point being... it makes sense if you are Blue Skying multiple needs. They are going to be in flux and bounce back and forth until you align on the right plan. Sounds like what is going on here.

My niece is eight years old and is obsessed with the goofy movie, so, anyone questioning that no kids watch it, that's untrue. Granted, it's not as popular as others, but kids do still watch it.

Cedar Point has a stand up coaster, or used too. You "stand up" with a bicycle seat between your legs that's adjustable, if I remember correctly. It wasn't bad until you went into a loop and had the force push you down onto the seat, and as a guy I'll stop at saying it was a just a "tad" uncomfortable.

The Mantis. It was the WORST ride ever! So uncomfortable! It hurts your crotch and it banged your head around. When they changed the seats, I did a happy dance. Cedar Point is my home park, so, I've been going there forever and Mantis was one of the worst coasters I've ever been on. Always avoided it and still would. Stand ups are not nearly as fun as they seem.

The rumors are obviously sourcing from a couple main themes:

A desire to "finish" and theme DHS, a need to update Epcot, and a desire for Marvel on the east coast.

Look at the rumors... they are all based on finding a theme for the rest of DHS. Sorcerer Mickey in the Theater, Goofy in RnRC... connect them once Star Wars Land opens and you can take out the theater... there's a "classic" Disney original character theme that could be built there. Its workable. The other option, is go Marvel. Big Hero 6 theme of rockn roller coaster, GoTG into the Tower... however, that's already been proven unpopular. So, float it, pull it back...

Which then leaves Epcot... if Marvel won't fit in DHS, maybe it goes in Epcot which needs an update. So now we have the Marvel in Future World discussion...

Point being... it makes sense if you are Blue Skying multiple needs. They are going to be in flux and bounce back and forth until you align on the right plan. Sounds like what is going on here.

I don't disagree with anything you say...

But seriously...what the hell is going on? Where are these rumors coming from and if true...who is running the parks?

...because they are not qualified. This idea that somehow the parks should be a shrine to 2010-2015 ip is ridiculous...

That is not what works.

It's almost like some nut(s) are building monuments to themselves with little thought...like a third world junta.

You just can't fathom these guys sometimes...they go from sitting on popular things for 20 years without flinching...
...to forcing things on an accelerated schedule in places they really don't belong.

Star Wars land = good idea
Toy story = good idea
Avatar in ak = risky but plausible

Secondary marvel property jammed wherever, Mickey overlays on ANYTHING due for a rehab or a license re-up, or cartoons over real country representations?...

= think about it for a moment and you decide.

The Mantis. It was the WORST ride ever! So uncomfortable! It hurts your crotch and it banged your head around. When they changed the seats, I did a happy dance. Cedar Point is my home park, so, I've been going there forever and Mantis was one of the worst coasters I've ever been on. Always avoided it and still would. Stand ups are not nearly as fun as they seem.

...that ride was awful. No doubt. Stand ups are terrible ideas...

...but nobody...and I mean nobody...who ever rode batman and robin: the chiller at six flags great adventure has ever recovered medically.

The only ride of probably 500-1000! I've been on that I'm still convinced was medically harmful.

I don't disagree with anything you say...

But seriously...what the hell is going on? Where are these rumors coming from and if true...who is running the parks?

...because they are not qualified. This idea that somehow the parks should be a shrine to 2010-2015 ip is ridiculous...

That is not what works.

It's almost like some nut(s) are building monuments to themselves with little thought...like a third world junta.

You just can't fathom these guys sometimes...they go from sitting on popular things for 20 years without flinching...
...to forcing things on an accelerated schedule in places they really don't belong.

Star Wars land = good idea
Toy story = good idea
Avatar in ak = risky but plausible

Secondary marvel property jammed wherever, Mickey overlays on ANYTHING due for a rehab or a license re-up, or cartoons over real country representations?...

= think about it for a moment and you decide.
Iger loves anything that can sell merchandise...

Iger loves anything that can sell merchandise...

I would agree...but I don't here...

Avatar...is not going to sell merchandise. Guardians of the Galaxy...is not going to sell more merchandise than problably 30 other IP they already own/can use.

That's why this is different.

Pirates of the Caribbean is a huge franchise...you make more sell more...that make sense. Disney invented that.

But this is forcing it out of convenience.

You can't pay cbs to keep the twilight zone reference? So you force whatever you got that doesn't violate a contract and shoehorn it in?

I mean...was the tower of terror not built to be the tower of terror.

Have you seen the frozen ride? They don't even have good placement spots for the AA scenes...forced it anyway to reuse 30 year old boats?

This is just getting reckless.

Mickeys rocknroller coaster?

Are we serious here? This is a management/leadership problem...they better start doing CAT scans in Burbank and look for abnormalities. Fast.

Last edited:
I would agree...but I don't here...

Avatar...is not going to sell merchandise. Guardians of the Galaxy...is not going to sell more merchandise than problably 30 other up they already own/can use.

That's why this is different.

Pirates of the Caribbean is a huge franchise...you make more sell more...that make sense. Disney invented that.

But this is forcing it out of convenience.

You can't pay cbs to keep the twilight zone reference? So you force whatever you got that doesn't violate a contract and shoehorn it in?

I mean...was the tower of terror not built to be the tower of terror.

Have you seen the frozen ride? They don't even have good placement spots for the AA scenes...forced it anyway to reuse 30 year old boats?

This is just getting reckless.

Mickeys rocknroller coaster?

Are we serious here? This is a management/leadership problem...they better start doing CAT scans in Burbank and look for abnormalities. Fast.
The avatar deal wasn't made to sell merchandise. It was likely a knee jerk reaction to potter and Cameron likely had to sweeten the deal somehow.

Guardians in tower is pure money grabbing. They could build a brand new ride but no let's take the cheap route and sell as much merch as wel can.

Yes pirates is a huge franchise but it was based off of an existing ride and likely will never see another pirates ride in the us.

The guardians move has nothing to do with paying CBS.

Frozen should've been its own e ticket ride in fantasyland but again took the cheap route and look at that big store at the end of the ride.

Mickey's Rockin roller coaster is not a real rumor. It's from screamscape I don't count that.

It starts at th top with Bob Iger and isn't going to change until he's gone. Look your head of parks and resorts has no background whatsoever in theme parks but has plenty of background in consumer products...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter