• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hyperspace Mountain or Goofy Movie is going to replace Aerosmith (Rumor)

But wait-- so the do an overlay on tot-- then at some time in the future (5 years) they decide to do a total re do of the park and tear down tot-- are they going to say "wait 5 years ago we spent money on a change to this attraction to sell merchandise, so we can't do the park reno?" That doesn't hold water for me.
The ToT redo is a much larger investment than some new trams. Like I said a ToT redo comes from higher up so would a total park redo. Trams are just part of park operations and only deals with the VPs and President.

I hate to admit it but HP land and the castle ride is not a 30 year ride.

Mmmmm considering it's been almost 20 years just since the first book came out and a new generation is now reading, I'm thinking the park part will be around a LOT longer...

Splash mountain isn't really IP based. It's based on a little known movie that is not available.

Not entirely true. I never had access to the movie but was drawn to the ride because in high school we did a stage production of Livin de Life, from the Brer Rabbit stories. That come from Laura plantation in New Orleans. So just because part of it is from Song of the South doesn't mean it only pulls to those familiar with that aspect of it.

I personally can't wait for the Star Wars boat ride. Maybe they'll put it in Epcot... between Mexico and China.

:D
Not enough room there; it'll be over where Africa was supposed to go! The area will be renamed from World Showcase to Galactic Showcase. Then, Epcot can be renamed to United Galactic Labyrinth of Indifferent Experiences (UGLIE for short). Then, they don't even have to take out the tombstones at the entrance and the GoG will also fit right in.

The Mantis. It was the WORST ride ever! So uncomfortable! It hurts your crotch and it banged your head around. When they changed the seats, I did a happy dance. Cedar Point is my home park, so, I've been going there forever and Mantis was one of the worst coasters I've ever been on. Always avoided it and still would. Stand ups are not nearly as fun as they seem.
I have to agree with you there. Been there, done that, and I don't need to do any more of them. Same with the laying down ones. Yuk.

Not enough room there; it'll be over where Africa was supposed to go! The area will be renamed from World Showcase to Galactic Showcase. Then, Epcot can be renamed to United Galactic Labyrinth of Indifferent Experiences (UGLIE for short). Then, they don't even have to take out the tombstones at the entrance and the GoG will also fit right in.

He was making a frozen/Norway joke...get it?

Cedar Point has a stand up coaster, or used too. You "stand up" with a bicycle seat between your legs that's adjustable, if I remember correctly. It wasn't bad until you went into a loop and had the force push you down onto the seat, and as a guy I'll stop at saying it was a just a "tad" uncomfortable.
They just refurbed the stand up coaster "the mantis" at cedar point, it's now the riggarou or something like that, they had to change the cars-it's not exactly so much stand up anymore because the way it was it was too uncomfortable-no one wanted to ride it. It's more of a sitting style, but still kinda upright? It's just weird

They just refurbed the stand up coaster "the mantis" at cedar point, it's now the riggarou or something like that, they had to change the cars-it's not exactly so much stand up anymore because the way it was it was too uncomfortable-no one wanted to ride it. It's more of a sitting style, but still kinda upright? It's just weird
Not quite...

Mantis had the trains replaced...which converted it from the "standup" type to "floorless"...like the kraken in Orlando.

Stand ups and "flying" coasters have horrid, uncomfortable restraint systems...

While floorless and inverted (same type of seats...just above/below the tracks)...are some of the smoothest/most enjoyable.

Last edited:
If they do something with the Goofy movie and the songs, I'll just throw all my money at Disney for the rest of my life (like I'm not already). I love that movie, my 6 yo loves it and we actually listen to the songs often! WANT WANT WANT lol

Mmmmm considering it's been almost 20 years just since the first book came out and a new generation is now reading, I'm thinking the park part will be around a LOT longer...
Agree...

My wife and 8yr old son are reading the HP books now. They got thru the first 2 books in the series this summer (reading each one before he sees each movie for the first time) and are now reading Fantastic Beasts in preparation for the new movie this fall.

This is all in preparation for 2020 when we go to UNIV for the first time.

Agree...

My wife and 8yr old son are reading the HP books now. They got thru the first 2 books in the series this summer (reading each one before he sees each movie for the first time) and are now reading Fantastic Beasts in preparation for the new movie this fall.

...wait a second...

The circumstances have changed dramatically on Harry Potter...

She swore she was "done" in 2009...

...but $500 mil ain't worth that much after Brexit...apparently.

If Harry Potter was still what it was supposed to be when the land opened...its future would be different.

...wait a second...

The circumstances have changed dramatically on Harry Potter...

She swore she was "done" in 2009...

...but $500 mil ain't worth that much after Brexit...apparently.

If Harry Potter was still what it was supposed to be when the land opened...its future would be different.

I'm sure people from the very very first appearance of Dr. Who have felt the same way, but it has risen and fallen and look where it is now. Granted it doesn't have a park, but I think HP is very similar. There will always be ideas to explore, an audience to follow and money to be made. Different generations may feel differently about the various iterations, but it will keep going

I'm sure people from the very very first appearance of Dr. Who have felt the same way, but it has risen and fallen and look where it is now. Granted it doesn't have a park, but I think HP is very similar. There will always be ideas to explore, an audience to follow and money to be made. Different generations may feel differently about the various iterations, but it will keep going

...if you're saying nobody will let any ideas ever die...I agree.

The point was that the discussion of the orginals potter land was shouted down by many because "it's over"...

But of course that's not the case.

At least with Star Wars...Iger did a bad film clip immediately saying the equivalent of "I'm leaving standard, irreversible orders in the corporate bylaws to beat the living HELL out of this thing until there's no pennies left under the cushions. So let it be written..."

In a way...that's refreshing.

Agree...

You will be so glad you read the books first. I did it, and I made my best friend do the same. She has thanked me over and over again for forcing her into that. lol

...that ride was awful. No doubt. Stand ups are terrible ideas...

...but nobody...and I mean nobody...who ever rode batman and robin: the chiller at six flags great adventure has ever recovered medically.

The only ride of probably 500-1000! I've been on that I'm still convinced was medically harmful.

I swear I got a (undiagnosed) minor concussion on that ride!

You are missing my point... Not saying Harry Potter IP isn't long term.

I'm saying when you mix IP and e-ticket (read popular, flagship ride) you have an issue. You have to manage two things (the staleness/age of the IP) and the ride itself.

When it comes time to redo HP because we've moved on to UHD 4K 3D is the norm, or laser hologram, or whatever... or the ride system is broke, or the format of the video is unsupportable, or any number of updates are required you have two problems:
  • Fix the ride
  • Update the IP without upsetting the world
How do you redo the film without the actors? And what happens when you revoice it without the originals? Or you need to freshen up the story? Or redo the special effects? Touch the "original" movie with the original actors and you've upset the IP fans. Leave the original and keep the older format/aged look and you've upset the e-ticket fans.

Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Matterhorn, Expedition Everest, Test Track don't have those problems. You can do whatever you want... without worrying about keeping true to the IP.

Cars Land, Harry Potter, Star Wars Land, etc all have that risk. They risk being overly expensive and overly complicated to update... Not a fact, this is an opinion. There is not enough history... but based on the flack Disney gets for updating IP Dark Rides... I can only imagine what happens when someone touches an IP E-Ticket. It's gonna be pandemonium.

I will say the HP universe is very interesting... they are now starting to do the challenging part. How do you expand past Harry and team to new characters, OR how do you replace the original faces. Interestingly they are trying both simultaneously.

Star Wars was interesting because they only tried re-casting a couple of bit players and a much younger Obi-Wan... everyone else essentially was in a costume or unique to their era of films, or the original actor. Once they start messing with younger Solo that might get bad (or good) though.

Point being (on topic)... RnRC would be much better with a generic theme. Attaching it to an IP comes with all the baggage and headaches an IP brings. Just look at Avatar. If Disney had said - here's this really cool E-ticket ride where you are on a flying dragon and another where you are on a Pirates type boat ride through an alien land of unique creatures and glowing plants - everyone would say "OOOOOHHHHHH I like!!!"... but once they said ... "Avatar..." you got a boatload of "I hate that movie therefore I hate those rides before I ever see them"... IP baggage.

The ToT redo is a much larger investment than some new trams. Like I said a ToT redo comes from higher up so would a total park redo. Trams are just part of park operations and only deals with the VPs and President.

Sorry but my point isn't about where the order came from or which is a larger investment. It's that if burbank decides to do a complete do over in a section of the park, and TOT is getting bull dozed, they won't care about the somewhat recent overlay-- because that will have made it's money back on merchandise in the first year.

If they do something with the Goofy movie and the songs, I'll just throw all my money at Disney for the rest of my life (like I'm not already). I love that movie, my 6 yo loves it and we actually listen to the songs often! WANT WANT WANT lol

I think I would have sniffed that out had you not told us...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter