HydroFlask has changed it's policy for the worse

1500units isn't worth a company's time.... while to you it's a lot to an organization that's no where near minimums. I am an analyst for a retailer. In half a week we sell 1500 bottles in one colour of one brand; multiply that numerous times and then you'll see an organization that actually makes a dent. Dreams isn't in the business of selling water bottles, their business is selling vacations -- end stop.

It's a business decision, not a personal one. We drop vendors, vendors drop us.... it's the price paid when you run a business. Nothing is personal, decisions need to be made that benefit the company, any company. We don't to crying to the masses to make complaints on our behalf if we are dropped, we move on and find a new product.

Right. It's a business decision.

I don't agree with it and others seem to agree.

We let the compsny know we don't agree.

This happens all the time.

People write to television networks when a show they like is dropped.

People wrote to JC Penney when they hired Ellen.

People let companies know when they disagree with a decision.

I'm surprised that as a retail analyst, you haven't seen this happen before.

I don't agree with it and others seem to agree.

We let the compsny know we don't agree.

This happens all the time.

People write to television networks when a show they like is dropped.

People wrote to JC Penney when they hired Ellen.

People let companies know when they disagree with a decision.

This is what baffles me about this thread. There seem to be a lot of people who think it's not okay to express your opinion or share your displeasure with the company. I don't know where these folks are living but this happens all day, every day. I've contacted Disney multiple times about poor experiences. I've posted reviews to Trip Advisor and other sites with good and bad info on hotels, restaurants, and attractions around the country. I've written letters to various magazines (some of which have been published) when I disagreed with something they had printed. I fail to see any difference between this case and all of those things.

What I don't understand, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but Dreams was just purchasing the bottles and they said they can't purchase them anymore. How is this a typical or wise business decision? So if I wanted to order a bunch of hydroflasks for my personal use or give away to family as Christmas gifts would I be told I'm not their preferred clientele? I'm not trying to further argue one way or another but that's the strange part to me. If they refused to sell to my family then I would encourage my family to let the company know our displeasure. As a member of the DIS, listener to the podcast and DU client I feel like part of the DIS family. If you are a listener of the podcast and I'm assuming you are if you are commenting on the podcast boards then why would you be arguing with Kevin and the family. Everyone has a right to their opinion but the negative comments are confusing to me.

I have thought this over and I realize that I regret nothing I have said or done.

I let a company know of my disagreement and let others know of the new policy. I suggested that they let a company know what they thought of the decision that in the end affects them as well.

I realize that it is a business decision, but it's one with which I disagree. I (and everyone else) have a right to let a company know that I think that they have made a poor decision and because of that, I will no longer buy or promote their product. I have not made threats or been rude or insulting. I just stated what I believe.

If by doing this, I have made you feel bad, angry or like I don't care about you...well....I'm not sure where that comes from, but I am sorry it happened anyway.

Please do not misconstrue this as an apology for my letting HydroFlask know that I think they made a mistake. I am in no way apologizing for that. If the situation comes up....I would do the same thing in a heartbeat.

This is the last time I will explain this to anyone. It's also the last time I will participate in this discussion. I have nothing left to add that would make a difference.

Thanks,
Kevin

What I don't understand, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but Dreams was just purchasing the bottles and they said they can't purchase them anymore. How is this a typical or wise business decision? So if I wanted to order a bunch of hydroflasks for my personal use or give away to family as Christmas gifts would I be told I'm not their preferred clientele?.

I 've only followed this conversation here and there and am perhaps beating a dead horse here, but I totally agree with this.

Last spring, I had to make a $1000 purchase for my school and the best price for the item was found at Target. While they had the correct number of item IN STOCK, they would not sell them to me, saying "we need some for other customers too" ????

So I took my $1000 elsewhere and complained to an unsympathetic manager.

What I don't understand, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but Dreams was just purchasing the bottles and they said they can't purchase them anymore. How is this a typical or wise business decision? So if I wanted to order a bunch of hydroflasks for my personal use or give away to family as Christmas gifts would I be told I'm not their preferred clientele? I'm not trying to further argue one way or another but that's the strange part to me. If they refused to sell to my family then I would encourage my family to let the company know our displeasure. As a member of the DIS, listener to the podcast and DU client I feel like part of the DIS family. If you are a listener of the podcast and I'm assuming you are if you are commenting on the podcast boards then why would you be arguing with Kevin and the family. Everyone has a right to their opinion but the negative comments are confusing to me.
While I obviously didn't complete any order, I was able to put 1,500 Hydroflasks in my cart via REI, LLBean, and Hydroflask. Granted, over 1,400 would have been back-ordered by the REI and LLBean websites, but none of the three sites indicated that quantity couldn't be purchased - or ultimately delivered. Quite likely Hydroflask may have eventually informed me I couldn't buy direct bulk - but there was never any indication of a bulk discount. Could it be that's part of the change, despite their primary reason being aligning the product with outdoor activities and other forms of activity?

At any rate, REI gives a 10% discount over $10 if you join their free club, and ebates offers a 5% rebate on REI.com purchases. Probably not close to what Kevin wss getting for a bulk discount, but $3.62 off/back from a $24.99 purchase is better thsn $0.

I can just see Kevin on the next ebates commercial... "I made money off of ebates cause hydroflask wouldn't sell to me directly...thanks ebates!!!" :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Actually...if you join retailmenot...you might be able to get a good coupon...free shipping...and if you are lucky...double cash back at ebates... :teacher:

Just contact REI and do a commercial sale for your units. You may need to wait, you may need to pay a portion up front but there are ways to do it.

I can just see Kevin on the next ebates commercial... "I made money off of ebates cause hydroflask wouldn't sell to me directly...thanks ebates!!!" :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Actually...if you join retailmenot...you might be able to get a good coupon...free shipping...and if you are lucky...double cash back at ebates... :teacher:
Sarcasm noted. It was a legitimate suggestion intended to save money on the purchase, since the bulk or large-quantity isn't available

While I obviously didn't complete any order, I was able to put 1,500 Hydroflasks in my cart via REI, LLBean, and Hydroflask. Granted, over 1,400 would have been back-ordered by the REI and LLBean websites, but none of the three sites indicated that quantity couldn't be purchased - or ultimately delivered. Quite likely Hydroflask may have eventually informed me I couldn't buy direct bulk - but there was never any indication of a bulk discount. Could it be that's part of the change, despite their primary reason being aligning the product with outdoor activities and other forms of activity?

At any rate, REI gives a 10% discount over $10 if you join their free club, and ebates offers a 5% rebate on REI.com purchases. Probably not close to what Kevin wss getting for a bulk discount, but $3.62 off/back from a $24.99 purchase is better thsn $0.

Can this be co-branded?

I bang my head against the wall and all I can say is "cannot see the forest through the trees."

bash-head.gif

Jack, this is kind of like attending a performance of John Cage's 4'33".

Can this be co-branded?
Don't know, didn't try. But maybe Kevin could call REI and ask?

Also, LLBean has a 10% discount online through tomorrow. It's been a few hours, so I don't recall the code, but I'm sure it's available online. They do personalize, but probably not in the font you use.

Response assumes this was a legitimate question, not intended to be derogatory, offensive, sarcastic...

Don't know, didn't try. But maybe Kevin could call REI and ask?

Also, LLBean has a 10% discount online through tomorrow. It's been a few hours, so I don't recall the code, but I'm sure it's available online. They do personalize, but probably not in the font you use.

Response assumes this was a legitimate question, not intended to be derogatory, offensive, sarcastic...

Why would you feel my question is derogatory, offensive or sarcastic? You seem very defensive. Makes me question your motives in keeping this thread going.

At this point we have no reason to pursue any relationship with the Hyrdoflask company - neither directly or through a third party.

However I am curious as to why you feel we should jump through these hoops? Do you really feel a 10% discount we may or may not be able to get is worth it? Do you think that going through a third party to brand these for us makes sense?

Please let me know what stake you have in this that makes you continue. If you have none then the only logical assumption is you just want to continue this argument.

I bang my head against the wall and all I can say is "cannot see the forest through the trees."

bash-head.gif

Jack, this is kind of like attending a performance of John Cage's 4'33".

There are days when I find myself repeatedly listening to 4'33" just to salvage my sanity.

Sarcasm noted. It was a legitimate suggestion intended to save money on the purchase, since the bulk or large-quantity isn't available

I wasn't being sarcastic...I do ALL my shopping that way and often save lots of money...granted I have never tried buying large quantities of something...but if I wanted to for my company...I'd certainly give it a try...

John...you may be able to get them customized locally...

It just doesn't make sense to go through all this trouble.

We have decided to give Klean Kanteen a try. So far they have been great to work with. As soon as we have some samples we will bring them to the podcast.

Why would you feel my question is derogatory, offensive or sarcastic? You seem very defensive. Makes me question your motives in keeping this thread going.

At this point we have no reason to pursue any relationship with the Hyrdoflask company - neither directly or through a third party.

However I am curious as to why you feel we should jump through these hoops? Do you really feel a 10% discount we may or may not be able to get is worth it? Do you think that going through a third party to brand these for us makes sense?

Please let me know what stake you have in this that makes you continue. If you have none then the only logical assumption is you just want to continue this argument.

Several responses on this page fit those descriptions. Since tone can't be read, I responded genuinely to your question - then just wanted to clarify that the question wasn't anything but sincere.

I can't help that my efforts to find a discount on Hydroflask are viewed as a desire to keep the thread going. Others are much more active in the thread.

Got it now. You all clearly enjoyed Hydroflask but now not only recommend contacting the company with opinions but now choose to boycott.

The REI discount was the first one I found; it would have required jumping through the hoops of registering on two sites. The LIBean discount simply needed a discount code of fewer than ten characters.

It's regrettable that efforts to find a solution are being viewed as argumentative.

I wasn't being sarcastic...I do ALL my shopping that way and often save lots of money...granted I have never tried buying large quantities of something...but if I wanted to for my company...I'd certainly give it a try...
I apologize for misreading your intent. As stated above, tone can't be read.

Sorry about that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter