HydroFlask has changed it's policy for the worse

Well, the thread was actually started 12/17/14. I'm not sure even 4.5 of the 403.5 hours since this thread originated would be considered keeping it active, much less the hour and 16 minute interaction being cited as such.

I hope that everyone who realizes HydroFlask's change of outlets was a business decision and not personal against any individual or company continues to buy, use, and compliment their product.

I made a typo.

it was kind of you to point it out.

And thanks for taking the time to defend HydroFlask. I am certain they appreciate your efforts.

If I want another Hydroflask, I can buy one. :)
If I want to make another donation to GKTW, I can do so. :)

Reading this thread has been very interesting. :surfweb:

...Who Cares? :confused3 They gave their reasons, you explained you didn't want to do business with them in response.

What's the solution/outcome from posting the email/phone/fax number to this person...what result or response do you want if you said that you too do not want to do business with them as well?

I agree with you this is exactly like when on threads where someone has a complaint about something happening at a disney park and contact info for someone higher up in the company gets posted chances are your email/ fax or phone call will never reach this person. Also telling them you won't buy their product is meaningless, its like when a leafs season ticket holder in Toronto says they aren't going to renew there subscription for them because they don't like the team or how they are playing etc. They simply don't care they go to the next person on the list that people apparently have unborn children on.

As a final note on this the dis/ dreams unlimited is probably small potatoes to them now and doesn't give them the level of business they want or are getting from other outlets.

Please know that the information posted was not for the President. It was for a customer service supervisor.

Actually, I was the one who posted the info the CEO :goodvibes Kevin provided info for a customer service supervisor.
I did that because where I work, we have a trickle-down effect. The complaint still ends up with the same customer service manager but gets a bit more attention when it is sent from the CEO. And before I am told this isn't how it always is, I get it. I still like to make sure a CEO understands when a paying customer isn't happy with the business decision being made. It comes down to a principle.

As a member of the Podcast Team, and this being the DisUnplugged Podcast board and all.....I'm just interacting with the folks that listen to our show and come here to discuss it.

I have mentioned this a total of twice. I posted it here and talked about it on the show.

Also, by continuing to post, you are keeping this thread active days after it was posted. This was posted on 12/17/15.

And finally...I hope anyone that disagrees with HydroFlask's decision continues to write, call, email and stop buying the product if that's what they feel is the correct thing to do.
Actually, if you read the first couple of posts, it was someone here who suggested Kevin mention it on the show. Some of us consider the team to be friends and it is annoying when something like this happens to our friends. While we understand they don't want to do business with Hydroflask again (and I don't blame them one bit), I also completely understand wanting to share an opinion about a company they so strongly supported but turned around and gave them a black eye when they got too big for their britches. Keep the thread alive as long as you'd like. The longer it's alive, the more people who read it.

Apparently people don't want to do business with them anymore and still are telling them what they feel. I think we are all doing the same type of thing.

Why is it wrong to tell a company why you're no longer giving them your business?

I have no stake in this Hydroflask thing, but there have been other companies that I have chosen to no longer give my business to for various reasons, and I do courteously tell them why. Sometimes it's a FB post (those I find actually get a response from the company, moreso than e-mail), sometimes it's an e-mail.

If I owned a business and people who were my customers started no longer giving me their business, it would probably be in my best interest to know why. I may or may not change anything the business does based on that decision, but I'd still want to know why.

I hope that everyone who realizes HydroFlask's change of outlets was a business decision and not personal against any individual or company continues to buy, use, and compliment their product.

Why are the two mutually exclusive? One can understand it's a business decision, not at all personal, and *still* disagree with it. One can also still choose to let the company know that they disagree with it, and why, and still understand it was a business decision.

I can understand that it may be a business decision (dh and I are business owners), but it happens to be a decision I disagree with and won't support.

I bought my hydroflask soley because of the recommendation of the team, I love it but I won't buy anything else from them. I simply refuse to do business with companies that turn their backs on their supporters...that simple.

Why are the two mutually exclusive? One can understand it's a business decision, not at all personal, and *still* disagree with it. One can also still choose to let the company know that they disagree with it, and why, and still understand it was a business decision.

So... if you understand if it's a business decision why can't you let the company do business the way they want it - why waste your time, and the business, if you already just said you understand it was a business agreement - not targeting you or making it a personal situation.:surfweb:

So... if you understand if it's a business decision why can't you let the company do business the way they want it - why waste your time, and the business, if you already just said you understand it was a business agreement - not targeting you or making it a personal situation.:surfweb:

I don't get this statement about "letting the company do business" the way they want it....I'm not "letting" them do anything - they're going to do what they're going to do. :confused3

I understand it's a business decision, and I understand it's not personal - that doesn't mean I agree with it. (Not talking about Hydroflask/DIS here specifically, just in general). As a customer choosing to no longer give my business to a company, I choose to let them know why.

I don't understand why courteously letting them know why they are losing me as a customer is a bad thing. I certainly don't expect them to change anything (hence why they'd lose me as a customer) because of just me, but who knows how many other people have had a similar complaint and voiced it to them as well? (Again, not talking about Hydroflask here, just a general comment)

I just don't get why it's totally fine to give companies great feedback, but it's somehow a problem or unnecessary to give them negative feedback. Both can be valuable to the company.:confused3

If you don't care about this...what keeps you coming back to tell us that we are wasting our time?

Why are you invested in anyone writing a letter or emailing or calling HydroFlask?

As you seem to be worried about wasting time....why are you trying to change the mind of people that don't agree with you over something that you see as not important?

I don't get this statement about "letting the company do business" the way they want it....I'm not "letting" them do anything - they're going to do what they're going to do. :confused3

I understand it's a business decision, and I understand it's not personal - that doesn't mean I agree with it. (Not talking about Hydroflask/DIS here specifically, just in general). As a customer choosing to no longer give my business to a company, I choose to let them know why.

I don't understand why courteously letting them know why they are losing me as a customer is a bad thing. I certainly don't expect them to change anything (hence why they'd lose me as a customer) because of just me, but who knows how many other people have had a similar complaint and voiced it to them as well? (Again, not talking about Hydroflask here, just a general comment)

I just don't get why it's totally fine to give companies great feedback, but it's somehow a problem or unnecessary to give them negative feedback. Both can be valuable to the company.:confused3

Almost every company I deal with..especially on line...asks me to complete a customer satisfaction survey.

Not sure I see a difference between that and this.

I have read through this post and listened to the podcast when you had mentioned this situation. I honestly think that Hydro Flask's decision was a business decision. I can understand why you are upset, and I probably would feel similar in the same situation. In the end, it is their marketing decision to try to grow their brand using alternative channels than they have in the past. Part of what makes this country so great is that we have the ability to make those choices.

With that being said, I have decided to voice my opinion today because of something similar that Kevin did to someone in the chatterati (I don't even know how to spell that). It was probably 2 months ago that it happened, but it has been bothering me ever since. I know Kevin said that he has never turned a customer away from his travel agency business which he was comparing to HydroFlask turning DU away from purchasing their water bottles.

The gist of the story is that someone in chat was saying stuff that didn't align with what Kevin thought should be talked about in chat. The chatter said they were going to be signing off and not coming back until their conditions were met (basically boycotting the show). I don't even remember Kevin's actual words, but in my interpretation, be basically said 'bye - don't let the door hit you on the way out'. I am a long time listener and I really enjoy the podcasts, but the way he treated this particular listener really bothered me. I can't even listen to the podcasts without thinking about what he actually thinks about his listeners. Without each and every one of the listeners, there wouldn't be a show.

Just like in the HydroFlask situation, he is upset because they don't care about his business. To me, he didn't care about that listener's business (but that could be every one of us). I firmly believe that he didn't need to publicly comment to that listener. It would have been much much better not to say anything at all.

I am mentioning this because of the irony of the situation.

If you don't care about this...what keeps you coming back to tell us that we are wasting our time?

Why are you invested in anyone writing a letter or emailing or calling HydroFlask?

As you seem to be worried about wasting time....why are you trying to change the mind of people that don't agree with you over something that you see as not important?

Almost every company I deal with..especially on line...asks me to complete a customer satisfaction survey.

Not sure I see a difference between that and this.

Kevin I love you - I'm currently a police officer going to school for my law degree I just like arguing :flower3:, and thought you enjoyed a good arugment too it's all love :grouphug:. Me personally I wouldn't even bother to loose any sleep over it - don't want to do business with me? Your loss, not mine.

I have read through this post and listened to the podcast when you had mentioned this situation. I honestly think that Hydro Flask's decision was a business decision. I can understand why you are upset, and I probably would feel similar in the same situation. In the end, it is their marketing decision to try to grow their brand using alternative channels than they have in the past. Part of what makes this country so great is that we have the ability to make those choices.

With that being said, I have decided to voice my opinion today because of something similar that Kevin did to someone in the chatterati (I don't even know how to spell that). It was probably 2 months ago that it happened, but it has been bothering me ever since. I know Kevin said that he has never turned a customer away from his travel agency business which he was comparing to HydroFlask turning DU away from purchasing their water bottles.

The gist of the story is that someone in chat was saying stuff that didn't align with what Kevin thought should be talked about in chat. The chatter said they were going to be signing off and not coming back until their conditions were met (basically boycotting the show). I don't even remember Kevin's actual words, but in my interpretation, be basically said 'bye - don't let the door hit you on the way out'. I am a long time listener and I really enjoy the podcasts, but the way he treated this particular listener really bothered me. I can't even listen to the podcasts without thinking about what he actually thinks about his listeners. Without each and every one of the listeners, there wouldn't be a show.

Just like in the HydroFlask situation, he is upset because they don't care about his business. To me, he didn't care about that listener's business (but that could be every one of us). I firmly believe that he didn't need to publicly comment to that listener. It would have been much much better not to say anything at all.

As someone else has pointed out....I understand it's a business decision. That doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

I have not threatened to storm the gates of HydroFlask with pitchforks and flaming torches. I didn't threaten to block the doors and let no one in.

I voiced an opinion and suggested that other let them know what they thought of their decision. That's it. I never threatened them...other than to stop buying their product...which is a moot point as they refuse to sell them to me.

The gentleman in chat made disparaging comments several times. He didn't like what we talked about. He didn't like the way we said it. He didn't like that we weren't talking about what he wanted us to talk about. In the end, he threw a hissy fit and decided he would never participate in anything we do. I said goodbye.

After 8 years of doing this show and showing up at events and putting our private life out their for anyone that wants to see it, I refuse to defend myself.

If you think that because I snapped at a guy berating us, that this is how I feel about the folks that listen to our show...well...I must be doing something wrong. I'm human. A person can only take so much vitriol before they have had enough.

That fact that you compare these two things makes me very. very sad. I never berated anyone. I voiced an opinion on what I consider a bad business decision.

What you provided is a very 'high overview' description of what occurred.

The person in chat that day was being rude, disrespectful and mean. When called out on it they made the grand gesture that they would not watch the show until things were 'the way they wanted'. Kevin said if that is how they feel then that's fine - goodbye.

The two situations are completely different. We had never been rude or disrespectful to the Hyrdoflask people. We had supported them and spoke highly of the product. It was their decision not to sell to us - not ours not to buy from them.

If you feel that the situation in chat should have been handled another way I totally respect your opinion but I don't believe it's fair to extrapolate that this one instance with this one listener is an overall feeling Kevin, or anyone on the podcast, has towards our listeners.

What you provided is a very 'high overview' description of what occurred.

The person in chat that day was being rude, disrespectful and mean. When called out on it they made the grand gesture that they would not watch the show until things were 'the way they wanted'. Kevin said if that is how they feel then that's fine - goodbye.

The two situations are completely different. We had never been rude or disrespectful to the Hyrdoflask people. We had supported them and spoke highly of the product. It was their decision not to sell to us - not ours not to buy from them.

If you feel that the situation in chat should have been handled another way I totally respect your opinion but I don't believe it's fair to extrapolate that this one instance with this one listener is an overall feeling Kevin, or anyone on the podcast, has towards our listeners.

Darn. I seem to always miss the shows when "chat" gets exciting. :rolleyes1

What an odd thing to bring up. It doesn't sound similar in the least... it's like you're just trying to disparage Kevin's reputation.

I've heard Pete say many times that if someone doesn't like what is on the podcast, that they are welcome to not watch/listen... I enjoy the podcast not only for the info, but I find it quite entertaining...if someone disagrees...it's their choice to go elsewhere...

And if someone is being rude...it's correct for those who run/moderate the podcast and the boards to remove them...

We never received a "reseller" discount.

We paid the price listed on their website and available to anyone willing to buy 1500 HydroFlasks.

If I am throwing a party and buy 30 paper plates. I pay full full retail.

If it's a huge party and I am buying 1500 plates. I pay less then the full retail price...because I'm buying 1500 of them.

1500units isn't worth a company's time.... while to you it's a lot to an organization that's no where near minimums. I am an analyst for a retailer. In half a week we sell 1500 bottles in one colour of one brand; multiply that numerous times and then you'll see an organization that actually makes a dent. Dreams isn't in the business of selling water bottles, their business is selling vacations -- end stop.

It's a business decision, not a personal one. We drop vendors, vendors drop us.... it's the price paid when you run a business. Nothing is personal, decisions need to be made that benefit the company, any company. We don't to crying to the masses to make complaints on our behalf if we are dropped, we move on and find a new product.

I think this is unfair. I have never felt that Kevin nor anyone else for that matter has ever been disrespectful to anyone. True, they have been rather vociferous at times about expressing their personal opinions about things they disagree with, which is about half the reason we all look forward to listening/watching every week. At all times they have made the disclaimer: this is my personal opinion, do with it what you will. Still, they have always, always been respectful of others opinions and that is evident because it seems they purposefully choose people for the panel that will have differing opinions!

I love these presenters, I value their opinions. I often have differing opinions, and I as a listener feel valued by them although I have never joined 'chat' nor have I been very active on this board. I understand that you feel differently, and you are free to believe that the presenters do not value you. I think you may find yourself in the minority, but that is pure conjecture on my part.

This is my opinion; do with it what you will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter