Hyatt MCO on priceline

ArthurAmish

Mouseketeer
Just an update for people looking for a good deal regarding staying at the MCO Hyatt -

On 1/20/04, priceline accepted my bid of $37 for a one night stay at the Orlando airport Hyatt on May 1, 2004. This is the day we return from our Magic western cruise.

I used biddingfortravel.com to see examples of recent accepted bids. The best price I had found in searching other sources on the internet for this Hyatt was $168 per night.

Good luck!:cool:

I got Hyatt MCO yesterday too for $39 for 4/16- the night before our 4/17 cruise. I had a ressie for a AAA rate of $152.10 + tax ( that I have cancelled!) I was thrilled to receive the Hyatt. This was my first time bidding on Price line.

Thanks to Kathryn & Barb to help me muster to courage to bid!

~ Linda :boat:

Through Priceline, we booked 3 rooms at MCO Hyatt for March 13 and other 3 rooms for March 18. Both days we got $ 38 per room per day.

For both times we started bidding at $ 30, rejected;
then $ 35, rejected again;
then $ 38: accepted finally!

How did you know that you were booking Hyatt? The only choice I see is for how many stars you want. I believe on Hotline you see a choice of amenities and can guess which one is Hyatt.

HELP!!!

My method was to hold my breath and say a little prayer!

You really don't know if you are going to get the Hyatt or not, that is the chance you take with priceline.

If you go to biddingfortravel.com, you will see examples of recently accepted bids and also what other hotels are in that star category. I took the approach that if I get one of the other listed hotels for $37, I would be happy with that. Luckily, I got the Hyatt.

Take a chance! I don't believe the amenities listed on Hotwire ever indicated a choice of the Hyatt.

Good luck!:wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

OK, I tried. My first attempt. I got Holiday Inn Select. I should have known if you all got the deal it would not be available for me. I'm sure they only have a select few at those prices. Oh well. I know I can't cancel the booking now. I really had my heart set on the Hyatt but the best price I could get was 149.00, that's an awful lot to spend for one night just to sleep.

Thanks anyway, guys.

Just curious... anyone know what the 4 star options are????Maybe I can spend $75 and splurge, we arrive early on Fri and can use some of the ammenities...:Pinkbounc

Saturday, March 6, 2004
Check-Out Date: Sunday, March 7, 2004
Priceline Hotel Request Number:
Confirmation Number: Room 1 -
Hotel Name: Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport
9300 Airport Boulevard
Orlando, Florida 32827
407-825-1234

Your Offer Price: $37.00
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Nights: 1
Subtotal: $37.00
Taxes and Service Fees: $10.72
Total Charges: $47.72

Last May I booked the Hyatt MCO directly for $130. Has the price increased that much in the last 7 monthes?

Sandy, don't worry...the Holiday Inn Select is very nice. We're gotten it before, and although it is not as convenient as the Hyatt, their shuttle was very prompt so we were there within minutes.
Popovich, if you're talking about the highest MCO area level on priceline, we've gotten the Marriott (usually) and occasionally the Renaissance and the Holiday Inn Select. We almost never have had to bid over $30.
We've done Lake Buena Vista resort hotels and have gotten the Marriott World Center, Gaylord, Hyatt, Hilton, and I think the Wyndham. Of course, you have to bid more in that area!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Originally posted by makaylee
Last May I booked the Hyatt MCO directly for $130. Has the price increased that much in the last 7 monthes?

I was surprised when I initally looked on their site too! We stayed there for our first cruise & got a AAA rate of $99. The AAA rate online was $152.10 + tax= $168.83. The lowest rate they show online is $160 + tax without any codes or affiliations.

That's why I am so excited they accepted my bid! $50 with tax is much better than $168! Same place, better price.

ArthurAmish~ So it wasn't just me... saying some prayers for Hyatt MCO while waiting for the bid to be accepted & processed. I guess it worked! :)

~ Linda:boat:

Praying and crossing my fingers worked for me, too!

I had never bid on priceline before, but after reading about everyone's success stories and checking out "bidding for travel".com for myself I thought I'd give it a try.

WE got 3 rooms for 2/19/04 at the Hyatt Regency at MCO for $38.00 each (plus taxes and fees of $21.21 for all three) for a total of $135.21 for all three rooms. Can't beat that.! The rate for this night on their website was $164.00 for 1 Room!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR ADVICE AND HELPFUL INFO!:Pinkbounc

Kathy

I just tried priceline.com since everyone was having such luck. I ended up getting La Quinta Inn!! :mad: Thankfully I still have a Hyatt reservation so now I'm out the $50 I just gambled with trying to get Hyatt for a cheaper price. Oh well, live and learn!

Luckymommyx2...
I'm no expert but from what I've read on these boards you would have wanted to enter a 3 star only for the MCO area. There were 6 hotels listed on"bidding for travel".com in the 3 star level and none of them were La Quinta...you must have entered less than 3 stars...
Sorry it didn't work out for you.
When I bid I had to change one thing on my request so I could try again.I had read on these boards to enter Kissimee area for 3 stars because they don't have a 3 star so you wouldn't end up there. I crossed my fingers and tried...I definatly didn't want kissimee...but whoever posted that idea was right...I didn't get Kissimee but did get the hyatt. Anyway sorry it didn't work...
Kathy

Have people been successful using Priceline when traveling with kids?? Priceline says they only guarantee a room that will sleep 2 people. How likely is it that you can get a room that sleeps 2 adults and two kids, or connecting rooms?

Originally posted by absame
Have people been successful using Priceline when traveling with kids?? Priceline says they only guarantee a room that will sleep 2 people. How likely is it that you can get a room that sleeps 2 adults and two kids, or connecting rooms?

You have to call the hotel, requesting for 2 queen size beds and usually they can do it for you. Otherwise you may get 1 king size bed.

This was what we did with MCO Hyatt.

Exactly...most hotels have a "kids stay free" policy. Once you have a successful Priceline bid, you call the hotel (800 number is fine) and request 2 double/queen beds. I've never had a problem. I just call and ask to "confirm" my reservation...verify the dates, non-smoking, 2 beds. Supposedly, all Priceline rooms are non-smoking.

That way, I know ahead that everything is taken care of...if they won't verify if on the phone, I guess you know that you might get a king. You can then ask whether king rooms have a sleeper sofa or a regular couch or nothing.

The LaQuinta is a 2.5 star hotel at MCO. If you only bid 3*, you will not get it! Be aware that there are 2 airport LaQuintas. One is fine, the other is a dump.

You have absolutely no way to guarantee that you'll get the Hyatt by bidding 3*. There are 7 or 8 places that are MCO 3*...so you could get the Hilton, Holiday Inn Select, Renaissance, Sheraton, etc. None of them are bad hotels, and all are close to the airport with a shuttle available free.

Sandy, don't worry...the Holiday Inn Select is very nice. We're gotten it before, and although it is not as convenient as the Hyatt, their shuttle was very prompt so we were there within minutes.

Thanks, Barb. I'm not as bummed today as I was yesterday. I'm thinking that my dates may have been too far out. The people posting seem to have dates in Feb and Mar.

It's nice to hear that the shuttle was prompt. Maybe some day I'll get to stay at the Hyatt. Quite honestly, I guess I'll be so excited about finally being on our way to the cruise that I won't care where we stay.

I know I put in for 3*s because I've bid on Priceline before and I'm always very careful. I wonder if it was some sort of clitch? Maybe I should try to call Priceline and see if there is anything they can do?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter