Hyatt MCO on priceline

Luckymommyx2 ~

I may be wrong, but I read somewhere Priceline allows a once- in a lifetime- never again 1 time cancel. Why don't you call them & see if they will allow you to rebid on a 3 star, as it was your first time? It's worth a shot.

Perhaps Barb or Kathryn can tell you. They are the priceline pros on this board!

~ Linda :boat:

Thanks Linda! I tried calling Priceline and the rep literally just read me a script. I asked politely if there was ANYTHING she could do including rebidding on a 3* but she said no. I tried to dispute it with my credit card company but they basically told me it was useless and to save my agrivation. I went back to the Priceline hotel screen and it just doesn't make sense how/why I would have put in a 2* (in the middle of the group). I KNOW I put a bid in for a 3* but like my credit card company gentling explained...how can I prove it? I guess this is a $50 lesson learned. :(

I have been trying hotwire for the hyatt since december and havent succeded, I book through AAA and was able to get a rate of $124.00 a night and it includes breakfast for 2. I will keep checking, we arrive 2/13, so that could be why I can't get it on Hotwire?

Can you tell me which LaQuinta is a dump? The LaQuinta West is on Daetwyler and LaQuinta North is on Frontage Road.

Has anyone stayed at the Fairfield Inn on Augusta National Drive? I'm afraid to try Priceline and have a disappointing start to a cruise of a lifetime. Our first disney cruise 3/6/04 Magic.

Plano4- I'd be interested to hear about the Fairfield Inn also as I've booked my family there for our night prior in Sept. Got an excellent rate (NOT on priceline) and Fairfield Inns are generally nice and clean and for just a few hours of sleep, I'm sure it'll be fine!::yes::

Can anyone tell me if they have booked rooms for 4 people on priceline. I have used priceline many time and have always been pleased, except one time we got a room with a king bed (we needed 2 doubles) and the hotel wouldnt help us because they said with priceline you are only paying for 2 people. When I called priceline they confirmed this. Has anyone else had any trouble, because I would love to get the Hyatt at MCO cheap, but I would like all 4 of us to have a bed. There is only so much family togetherness I can handle:teeth:

Dianthus! We also are staying at the Hyatt through Priceline for the night of April 16th for our April 17th cruise!

I started bidding at $35, and then went to $40. We were so pleased. We are staying an extra night on the way back too, decided we were already there anyway, we'll rent a car from Budget at the airport and spend the Saturday 24th in the Magic Kingdom. We got the Holiday Inn at Downtown Disney with Hotwire for $36 for that night. We'll return the car at the airport on Sunday morning and then fly home :(!!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

The one-time cancellation is pretty worthless because they sock you with a fee. I used it once and it turned out the fee was more than what I paid for the hotel, so they actually charged me more! I don't remember the cost, but let's say my ressie was $15 and the fee was $20. They had the gall to actually charge me $5 more for the cancellation! Then it took me two weeks to get someone on the phone who had a clue and could understand what I was mad about. I guess that's more for big ticket items like plane tickets.
I think the Daetwyler LaQuinta is the slum. It's the one that is not the "suites" LaQuinta, and it's pretty far from the airport compared to the other hotels.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Barb~ I knew you would know the answer to that question & I'm not surprised that there is a fee for this, working on a small margin as they do...

Does anyone remember Priceline grocery shopping? I used to submit bids, print the prices accepted and go to the store. I saved a ton of money shopping with them and I really miss the service. Too bad that went away!

An interesting note~ The President of Priceline started building a palacial estate in the town next to ours a few years ago & stopped when they started to have problems along with many of the .coms. It's nice to see they survived their woes & seem to be doing better now. It was a big deal in the local papers as the home was so big - 10K+ sq. ft. that so many trees were being taken down, in an area that is virtually a wild life preserve. This town has 2+ acre zoning, is very "eco" conscience & is very concerned about the impact of building. They had pictures of the site in the local paper- just a lonely, abandoned huge foundation & cut down trees in the midst of the forest. Looked so sad... They made it sound like he had clear cut the rainforest... I haven't heard whether construction resumed, or was completed...

Hi tinkattitude! Welcome to the boards & Congratulations on your successful Hyatt MCO bid for 4/16. If you're like me, I feel like a won a prize! I love saving money on things like this! Getting what you want & cheaper too! Yeah! Come over to our thread on the cruise meets board. You'll see the 4/17 date there and introduce yourself! There are quite a few seasoned DISers on this cruise. If you like shrimp- be warned, Rae519 is on this cruise! Get to the buffet early if you want any... ( she has such a reputation here! :)- just look at her nomination on the DIS award thread ) Welcome & be sure to visit the thread! This will be our 4th DCL cruise, our 2nd for this April week. We went 2 years ago for school break & the weather was perfect! We are staying 2 days after the cruise at BWV & leaving Monday. We are so looking forward to this since this winter is shaping up to be a quite frigid one here in the Northeast! Can't wait!

~ Linda :boat:

I have never used Priceline before, I'm not much of a risk taker, but after reading posts about people who had been successful at getting the Orlando Airport Hyatt I decided to give it a shot. We bid $40 for 3/26/04 and guess what - we got the Hyatt! We had already booked it at the AAA rate of $145 so I feel like we really got a great deal. I just hope that we are able to get a room with 2 beds now. If the kids end up having to sleep on the floor with extra blankets I guess that's worth saving $105 - it's only one night! Of course if I were the one on the floor I may not feel that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter