Hyatt at the MCO airport is 160 a night

bakalorber

Mouseketeer
Is that the common cost. My cruise is not till next May (I am already pumped) but I just was goofing around and wanted to get an idea of the cost. I am not booking it now probably around Jan/Feb. I will stay there for the convenience factor and use a car service to get to the port ( I need the 30 min beverage stop if you know what I mean!)

That sounds about right; we stay there prior to our cruises.
Some people have been able to get it much cheaper thru priceline or hotwire;I have never tried that.
We enjoy swimming the night before @ the hyatt- the pool is on the roof and my boys love to watch the planes come in.

You should get some great advice here on how to get the room for less.
Good luck!;)

When I was messing around looking for our date in February it was $200. We were going to keep looking, but since we just booked KSF with verandah and saved a bucket load I think we will do it.

That sounds about right. I got a day room for after and it was $90.00. I am lucky though I can get a Hyatt gift certificate with my card points from Chase so I have been saving up.

http://www.gtahotels.com/

After you put in all of your info, you will get a long list of hotels. On the left hand side of the screen you can narrow your search to the Hyatt.

Someone on the DIS gave me this site. It is a legit site. I had to call the Hyatt after I booked the ressie on the website and they were able to call up my reservation and make the change I needed.

Have fun on your trips!

When I was messing around looking for our date in February it was $200. We were going to keep looking, but since we just booked KSF with verandah and saved a bucket load I think we will do it.

I'd also advise to keep checking back on the price as it can change many times and you are probably at the high end. Also, if you are a AAA member, you can get a discount by plugging in that information when you go through the reservation process. I've been tempted to try Hotwire/Priceline based on others' advice, but I really want to guarantee I get the Hyatt (and not an off property hotel) and with my luck, it'd be the one time that Priceline give you a Marriott 5 miles away.

I used COSTCO as the code and got it for 100. Booked almost a year ago, but not going until Jan.

I used COSTCO as the code and got it for 100. Booked almost a year ago, but not going until Jan.

THat's a great deal. Just tried it for my date and it was $152. The Hyatt Place near the airport came in at 100 but not the one right at MCO.

I used Costco and got Hyatt at the for $119 for this Oct. I like that $100 rate better.... oh well.

THat's a great deal. Just tried it for my date and it was $152. The Hyatt Place near the airport came in at 100 but not the one right at MCO.

Same for me. I checked the AAA rate and for the same price of $152 = tax you get breakfast inncluded:thumbsup2

We just reserved a room via telephone at the hyatt regency orlando airport for May confirming we will be paying with their "choice stay certificate".

these can be purchased from hyatt's website directly for 135.00 and are accepted as payment in full for one nights accomodation when presented upon check-in. No additional taxes or fees are charged.

We just reserved a room via telephone at the hyatt regency orlando airport for May confirming we will be paying with their "choice stay certificate".

these can be purchased from hyatt's website directly for 135.00 and are accepted as payment in full for one nights accomodation when presented upon check-in. No additional taxes or fees are charged.

Interesting option! Are there black out dates on using these? I can't quite figure it out from the small print. Do I need it in hand to make the reservation? Or can I call and say "I just ordered one but don't have it yet" or make the reservation and then call back and apply the certificate. I really wouldn't buy the $135 certificate without a guarantee I can use it at MCO on the night before my cruise.

keep in mind that if you book it at a higher rate your not locked into that. your date is what you want but if the rate goes down, all you have to do is call in with your reservation number and they will give you the lower rate. if there is a specific date you want, i would book now and just keep watching the rate.

I was able to use about 17,500 Delta Skymiles to get a room for the night before our Disney stay.

I found the hotels just off MCO property, on August National Drive a far better deal. We paid $70 at the Sheraton. All will shuttle you back and forth to the airport and DCL buses, and most throw in a free breakfast, something the Hyatt does not do.

We've never paid more than $30 for a hotel at the airport the night before a cruise or the night before a flight home. As you can specify number of stars on Priceline, you won't end up staying in a hole in the wall if you select an appropriate category. There is no reason to ever pay a rack rate.

As a family of 5, my youngest is 8, we often have issues getting "hotel deals" because priceline, and other internet sites are set up for 4 people only. There is really no reason for us to book a 2nd room when our 8 year old would be fine on a rollaway. You can't request those kinds of things over internet bookings to have them guaranteed. We have booked "suite" style hotels online with success, but those are made for 5. Twice we used priceline and both times there was issues when I called to request a rollaway that it was not allowed with a priceline purchase.

Right now I am looking for convenience foremost. We are flying in late in February from New England.. chance of snow and delays, and I want no problems. A warm ready bed for all 5 of us. I'm planning on calling hotels directly to price rooms with a rollaway specifically and will go from there. I can't get down thinking I'm paying too much.

This is all supposed to be fun, right? ::yes::

We are staying at the Hyatt in the airport Sept. 11 for $119 with breakfast included!!....it's the AAA breakfast package - just choose AAA from the drop-down menu and it will give you the price. I got this rate a couple of months ago and think it is a great deal :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter