How'd you pick your DIS name?

My daughter is named Ariel (we thought it was a pretty name and knew nothing about the Little Mermaid at the time). I am MerMom60-94 because Mer is short for mermaid + Mom because I am her Mom and 60 is the year I was born and 94 is the year she was born. Cute story - when she was a toddler I used to ask her "if Mindy is a dog and Wally is a cat, what are you?" and she used to tell me "I'm a mermaid!!" LOL. I would try to tell her she was a person but she would insist I was wrong. princess:

I like her answer better. :goodvibes

My 2 favorite characters at the time I signed up were Tigger and Tinkerbell... thus tiggerbell!!!

NOW, it's have a Captain and a Jack and a Sparrow and probably some rum in it!

:earsboy: My screen names are not creative, but more opportunistic.
When I was registering, the song Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden came on. I thought TrulyMadlyDisney pretty much described me. It just fit.
On another site I am Icetea, cuz you guessed it, I was drinking icetea at the time. ;)

Its convenient that my last name is pronounced totally (Toedtli) so it is easy to add whatever to the end of it. Totally awesome, totally mickey!:goodvibes

Mine is the license plate for Al in Toy Story 2...Alztybrn - Al's Toy Barn

My grandchildren call me Nana, so I wanted to use that as a starting point. The only Disney character named Nana that came to mind was the Darling family's sheepdog in Peter Pan. That's how I became NanaDarling.

HEYYYY cool!
Lovin the podcast that the DF downloads! Now I feel like I can be a part of the party! (Boy I hope I do this right!)

Okay, my name is actually a nickname given to me by the DJ I work with (Yes, I'm on the Radio) It's sort of a contraction of my full name, and it was inspired by J-Lo.

Incidentally, can't wait for my Honeymoon! DISNEY ALL THE WAY! BOO YAAHHH!

:banana:

D-La

Some of these are very creative. :)

My title comes from my faith really. By the shed blood of Jesus Christ I received salvation, so I put it together and got bytheblood.

Mine is fairly simple: initials and wedding anniversary (Sept 7, 2003).

We had a planned ceremony at a Sandals Resort in Ocho Rios, Jamaica for Sept 6, 2003 (hoping DH would never forget future anniversaries with 09/06/03 as the date). The tail end of a hurricane came through, and we had to postpone our outdoor ceremony to the next day when the weather was clearer. So, apart from receiving a few engraved wedding gifts with the wrong date, all was good. We had beautiful, sunny weather for our wedding ceremony and photographs. Ironically, now I have the hardest time remembering the 09/07/03... so I put it in my DIS name to help me remember.

Aaron McKie is actually a basketball player that I followed in college, which none of my friends and family understood. He turned into a pretty decent player in the NBA, and has been an inside joke for us for well over a decade.
I use this name for pretty much everything (real name is Jason, btw).

I first thought it up back in 1995, when I needed a unique nick for dal.net and Undernet. I got tired of wrestling with the other people with my first name who were already on.

Some of you may recognize it as a now defunct department store chain from the Northeast. I chose it because it is similar to part of my whole real name, and because I spent a lot of time there buying the only worthwhile thing they carried, vinyl (what CDs used to be for you young'uns).

I also wanted to connect with people my age on irc from the Northeast, who would recognize it.

EJKorvette

For those of you keeping score, I used to go to the Korvette's in Flushing and near where Union Turnpike met the Cross-Island.

Y'Know, Kathy, I always thought you were referencing the Orlando area code, "407." How much sense does that make?? :lmao: :rotfl2:

Kinda cool that your birthday is the first 3 digits of any phone call I make to WDW..... :banana:

I never made the connection till you mentioned it J-Kim. I'm usually dialing 800-DVC MS when ever I call Disney.

I first thought it up back in 1995, when I needed a unique nick for dal.net and Undernet. I got tired of wrestling with the other people with my first name who were already on.

Some of you may recognize it as a now defunct department store chain from the Northeast. I chose it because it is similar to part of my whole real name, and because I spent a lot of time there buying the only worthwhile thing they carried, vinyl (what CDs used to be for you young'uns).

I also wanted to connect with people my age on irc from the Northeast, who would recognize it.

EJKorvette

For those of you keeping score, I used to go to the Korvette's in Flushing and near where Union Turnpike met the Cross-Island.

We had a Korvette's in the town I grew up in. You're right, the only thing it was good for was buying records.

Explodo...Well, It's what I do for a living...I work for the DOD as an Analyst/Statistician. I figure out how to make the "BOOMS" bigger. When I first got out of grad school I was recruited to work on NBC weaponry...My Co-workers named me "Explodo" because I made the biggest "BOOMS" so to speak.

The Nickname has been with me for about 15 years.

I used to work at Walt Disney World and most of the time the put me in the Fantasyland shop called Sir Mickey's

My DISboard name is from the university from which I graduated:
Wichita State University Shockers

All of this creativity and all I could come up with was my first name and last initial. Since my name is unusual, it is typically not taken when I set up user names.

--Daneen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter