How well do you think the cruises out of Miami are selling?

We booked the 4/13 5 Night Western Carribbean this past April, so far there is no meet thread started for this group and a bunch of the other dates as well.

Any chance they may do Kids Sail Free? My plan was to move our date when 2014 came out but might keep if I can get it cheaper!

Thoughts??? :confused3

I'm booked on this cruise as well!

We are booked on the 5 night out of Miami on Mar 30. This cruise is almost full, I just checked and there are only a handful of Cat 9A's left no other options, yet there are only 4 or 5 people on the meet thread. This is an Easter cruise so I'm not surprised it's getting full, I'm just surprised no one is one the meet thread.

We are booked on the 5 night out of Miami on Mar 30. This cruise is almost full, I just checked and there are only a handful of Cat 9A's left no other options, yet there are only 4 or 5 people on the meet thread. This is an Easter cruise so I'm not surprised it's getting full, I'm just surprised no one is one the meet thread.

I wonder if the lack of participation in the meet thread is because these new cruises (Miami and Galveston) are attracting a lot of first time Disney cruisers who aren't familiar with this website. I keep checking every few days for meet thread activity for our spring break Galveston cruise & there is nothing.

I'm not sure but I purchased the Panama Canal Cruise of out Miami for May 2013.

I wonder if the lack of participation in the meet thread is because these new cruises (Miami and Galveston) are attracting a lot of first time Disney cruisers who aren't familiar with this website. I keep checking every few days for meet thread activity for our spring break Galveston cruise & there is nothing.
I was going to say the exact same thing. We booked B2B's on the Wonder for February and both of the meet threads had @ 3 people on them... and then one dropped out!! Should make CC check in fast and easy at the port though!

ksucats said:

I was going to say the same thing. That and some of the Miami cruises are twice the price of almost the same itinerary for the same number of days. I am still cruising Disney though. :)

What I don't understand is why run cruises out of Miami to essentially the same places you are cruising out of Port Canaveral and Galveston? You'd think they'd offer something different, such as more Southern Caribbean routes and maybe even some longer options, such as 10-11 days.

BuzzLightyearInTampa said:
What I don't understand is why run cruises out of Miami to essentially the same places you are cruising out of Port Canaveral and Galveston? You'd think they'd offer something different, such as more Southern Caribbean routes and maybe even some longer options, such as 10-11 days.

That I really don't understand... Why not do a 10/11 day southern Caribbean followed by a 3/4 day Bahamas? Or something like that. I am sure people would be booking the Southern Caribbean if they offered it... I know I would be!

Aren't all of the ships on the East Coast at the times of the Miami cruises? If this is the case, then do they even have 4 docks at PC to have all 4 ships there at once? If not, then DCL is basically forced to find new ports of call for the other ships during those time periods. And if the ships aren't approved/certified/are too big for new ports of call, then that would explain why the itineraries for all ships are so similar. I know all 4 of their ships are rather large, so this may preclude(is that the right word)them from going to smaller ports that do not have space for larger vessels.
As far as Galveston is concerned, it makes perfect sense to me to have a cruises leave from there. If they are all based in FL, then people on the West Coast during those times(primarily Spring Break) are all forced to fly across the country to leave. At least Galveston is closer for people on the west coast and in the middle of the country.

As far as Galveston is concerned, it makes perfect sense to me to have a cruises leave from there. If they are all based in FL, then people on the West Coast during those times(primarily Spring Break) are all forced to fly across the country to leave. At least Galveston is closer for people on the west coast and in the middle of the country.

This makes sense until you look into it. We live in San Francisco and were considering booking a cruise out of Galveston. What I found is that the cost of flights from LA or SFO to Houston are much more expensive then to Miami (at least between now and March 2013). Also, there are few non-stops so the travel time is less if you go to Miami. Add the fact that Houston is a 1.5 - 2 hour drive to Galveston and it is far less time and money to go to Miami.
Galveston was not a choice made to attract the west coast folks.

Aren't all of the ships on the East Coast at the times of the Miami cruises? If this is the case, then do they even have 4 docks at PC to have all 4 ships there at once? If not, then DCL is basically forced to find new ports of call for the other ships during those time periods

That was my thought. I think next fall/winter all four ships are here in FL.

This makes sense until you look into it. We live in San Francisco and were considering booking a cruise out of Galveston. What I found is that the cost of flights from LA or SFO to Houston are much more expensive then to Miami (at least between now and March 2013). Also, there are few non-stops so the travel time is less if you go to Miami. Add the fact that Houston is a 1.5 - 2 hour drive to Galveston and it is far less time and money to go to Miami.
Galveston was not a choice made to attract the west coast folks.
Interesting about the flights. I fly out of LAX, but I admittedly didn't price Galveston. I wonder if other areas like Seattle and the like have greater access to Houston vs Miami?
I honestly think it is the issue of having 4 ships and needing "parking spots". What other ports in the US on the East Coast are there that can house one of the ships? We know NY, but that seemed like it was a "special" thing-like they could get a dock, but not a contract there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter