How well do you think the cruises out of Miami are selling?

Mom 3 mouseketeers

Mouseketeer
We booked the 4/13 5 Night Western Carribbean this past April, so far there is no meet thread started for this group and a bunch of the other dates as well.

Any chance they may do Kids Sail Free? My plan was to move our date when 2014 came out but might keep if I can get it cheaper!

Thoughts??? :confused3

I do not think we will see KSF very often anymore. I think DCL will stick with the *GT rates instead. That seems to be their current direction but I do wonder if that is going to hurt them in the end because many people will just wait to book until within the penalty window.

I do not think we will see KSF very often anymore. I think DCL will stick with the *GT rates instead. That seems to be their current direction but I do wonder if that is going to hurt them in the end because many people will just wait to book until within the penalty window.

This is what I would think as well. The current *GT rates strategy is a bad one imo so I would expect DCL to come up with something else to fill their ships. As said they are hurting themselves if they continue this path !

If I had to guess, I would say they are not selling all that well. We booked the 3/16 5night sailing because it was substantially cheaper than a 7day one for that same time. Also, there are only 3 posters (one of which is me) on our meet thread.

This is what I would think as well. The current *GT rates strategy is a bad one imo so I would expect DCL to come up with something else to fill their ships. As said they are hurting themselves if they continue this path !

*GT rates won't hurt them a ton in the end. Many people can't plan that short notice, and by that point Airfare is high and not many seats left to pick from.

Many first time cruisers, and those that are obsessive planners (which is the vast majority) won't even realize they exsist or even think to check and see if there cruise got cheaper.

From what others said, discounting after paid in full is what other lines do and must be working for them.

I don't think they are selling well either! We booked the cruise out of Miami for Feb break - which is usually extremely expensive - for dirt cheap! By this point in the game, usually inside rooms are not available, but they were as of 3 days ago - and my parents decided to book too for their 1st cruise! So I agree that I also do not think the Miami cruises are NOT booking well!

About a week ago I booked myself onto a cruise in January. Had a pick of 8+ rooms in my category and could have had almost any room on the ship! So I don't think they are selling well (which is fine by me...)

Gotta say that I like the *GT system (not that I've been able to take advantage of it, but....) because we don't typically cruise with people under 18 any more. I could never take advantage of KSF, I might someday be able to do a *GT booking.

However, I don't think they are in DCL's best interest in the long run as I suspect people may just delay booking if they have date flexibility.

I love the GT rates. We live between Miami and PC. I'm really hoping I can get a GT rate for a specific cruise from there :) I would love to sail out of Miami! I don't think those rates will hurt DCL. Like the pp said, other cruise lines are doing it. When DCL only had 2 ships, the demand was there to keep the price high. Clearly, the demand just isn't there now hence the crazy GT rates I've been seeing.

Regarding the GT rates, I do think they should change some things. If a passenger pays full price for a 9a room, upgrade them to the verandah and give the 9a to a GT guest. Seems like all the recent GT cruisers are all getting cat5 and 4's when they paid half of what someone who originally booked a cat 11. I'm not complaining, just seems like a good customer service thing to do.

If I had to guess, I would say they are not selling all that well. We booked the 3/16 5night sailing because it was substantially cheaper than a 7day one for that same time. Also, there are only 3 posters (one of which is me) on our meet thread.

Same here-3 posters on the cruise meet thread. We are on the 4/4 Bahamian on Wonder. I was afraid it would be super busy since it is our Spring Break, but if it isn't a full ship, I'll enjoy that!

Same here-3 posters on the cruise meet thread. We are on the 4/4 Bahamian on Wonder. I was afraid it would be super busy since it is our Spring Break, but if it isn't a full ship, I'll enjoy that!
The Galveston 4-days are not selling also. I booked for the 3/15/12 sailing and started a cruise meet and it's only 2 people on the thread. I too thought it would be a popular cruise because of Spring Break.

I wonder if people just don't book spring break trips this far in advance and as it gets closer to the holidays, more people will book?:confused3

About a week ago I booked myself onto a cruise in January. Had a pick of 8+ rooms in my category and could have had almost any room on the ship! So I don't think they are selling well (which is fine by me...)

Just a word of warning, though, remember the people who booked the Mexican Riviera cruises this December at good rates. The cruises didn't sell as well as Disney wanted and Disney just went and cancelled their cruises and moved the ship without any concern for the folks already booked!

Just a word of warning, though, remember the people who booked the Mexican Riviera cruises this December at good rates. The cruises didn't sell as well as Disney wanted and Disney just went and cancelled their cruises and moved the ship without any concern for the folks already booked!

As long as the ship does a Miami round trip I don't really care where it goes. :)

We are also booked on a B2B out of Miami in February. I am so surprised that the rates have not gone up. I am wondering if we should cancel before the due date and gamble that we can to one room GTY instead. We are currently in 2 rooms (cat 10B connecting) for the space but maybe we book verandah instead and see what happens...ugh, I wish the cruise was selling so I didn't have to think about this! LOL!

The Galveston 4-days are not selling also. I booked for the 3/15/12 sailing and started a cruise meet and it's only 2 people on the thread. I too thought it would be a popular cruise because of Spring Break.

Pretty much the same for the one on 3/19. I asked the question a week or so ago & only found one person on here who is booked on that one. I really expected it to be extremely popular. In fact, I stayed up the night they went onsale to make sure I got it booked before rates went up. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if rates dropped, even though they aren't very high to begin with.

boogabuzz said:
Regarding the GT rates, I do think they should change some things. If a passenger pays full price for a 9a room, upgrade them to the verandah and give the 9a to a GT guest. Seems like all the recent GT cruisers are all getting cat5 and 4's when they paid half of what someone who originally booked a cat 11. I'm not complaining, just seems like a good customer service thing to do.

This makes sense.

To the OP, I'd be shocked if we saw KSF ever again. They use the *GT rates because they get the money all in 1 lump sum. They are still using military & Fl resident rates though. The thing with KSF is that if its offered outside the penalty phase, DCL loses a lot of money applying that promo to the people that already booked.

I'm still going to book in advance & choose my room instead of taking the gamble. I always cross my fingers for FLR rates, but the *GT rooms aren't for us.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Can you tell me where on the DCL website you find the GT rate? And when do those rates usually show up?
Thanks!

Jane1967 said:
Can you tell me where on the DCL website you find the GT rate? And when do those rates usually show up?
Thanks!

Just in the regular "book a cruise" area. Choose the cruise & when you click on "Staterooms with verandahs" (or whatever) you'll see VGT restricted rate.

These usually show up inside the penalty phase (after paid in full) on the cruises that they are offered on.

Jane, our cruise is pretty full (March 9th). Don't hold your breath for that one.....

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I've a feeling the one we are on next year out of Miami will book out (October 20). It's the only double dip next year to Castaway Cay. We shall see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter