How to Tell Kids & Tips

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
I am sure someone said there was a thread on how they surprised/told the kids they were going to disney ... cannot find .... any ideas ?

Years ago when the kids were small we told them we were going to legoland but going by train for a change ..... I will never forget my young niece's face when sat on the "legoland" train to hear the words "eurodisney" and panicking that we were on the wrong train :lmao: and her excitement when she realised she was going there :hug:

Also as we are a party of 8 and have to pay the 18% automatically, is there any downfall to paying for the "tip" part by credit card so do not have to worry about it until back home???

I would love to do a surprise trip. Waking DD up to head to the airport would be wonderful. Problem is, I always start talking about going back before we leave!!

This year I hope to surprise her with lunch in the castle if I can get it....she loves it there.

Don't see why putting the tips on your card should be any problem

Lovely story about legoland!!

You can put tips on your room key, pay cash or credit card. No problems with any, your choice.

I think the thread you are talking about is on the main community site, I subscribed to it when we were going this year.
We surprised DS as he thought we were going home from Chicago via a smaller airport in the States. Once we arrived in Orlando we asked him if we should hire a car for a few hours. He couldn't believe it when we told him and still asked us later that night if we were going to be late for our flight.
Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter