How to solve queue line boredom?

disneygal6568

making dreams come true
Hello! We are planning on going to DLR soon, and wanted to know if someone recommended things to do in line? I know Disney keeps you busy, but going during Spring Break is another thing! :eek! I know a few books about this. Are the worth the money?

Thank you!

We have the disney app on my Iphone and frequently play the trivia game provided. The line moves so quickly though, we rarely get a chance to finish the game.

We usually look for hidden Mickeys.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

We got a book called "Lots to Do in Line: Disneyland" for our trip a few weeks ago. We thumbed through it and it looks great but didn't end up needing it because I needed a GAC that allowed us to get on the rides at the exits. It looks like a fun book though. It was $9.95 on amazon.

There is also an app of that book so it is much easier to use. We got both for our trip in October, but didn't use it as the line waits were relatively short.

I read a book on my nook, I'm actually not the only one I see many other people do it (Its where I got the idea from )

We get a lot of little fidgets that you can pull, stretch etc. that you can keep in your pocket or bag. It gives enough to do while you are moving.

Kids and and adults can use them, we buy some at dollar tree or Fred Meyers so we have some new ones and use them for the airplane and ride lines.

Do you mean for adults or kids? On our last trip (Thanksgiving weekend) I brought wiki stix for the kids (6 and 8) and it was great! Kept them occupied for while. Those battery operated bubble guns are also fun for kids and keep them (and the people around them) occupied in line.

mrswh said:
Do you mean for adults or kids? On our last trip (Thanksgiving weekend) I brought wiki stix for the kids (6 and 8) and it was great! Kept them occupied for while. Those battery operated bubble guns are also fun for kids and keep them (and the people around them) occupied in line.

We are going with a total of two adults, DD13 and her friend that is 15.

I read that you should not bring bubbles because some people could be allergic to the soap.

Are the girls gamers? We have two teenage boys that are gamers, sooo our last trip we brought along their DS lite gamepads. The boys entertained themselves with the DS's while in long lines. It worked for us.:cool1:

I read that you should not bring bubbles because some people could be allergic to the soap.[/QUOTE]

Really disneygal... you read this??? Well then someone better inform Disneyland too, because IASW Holiday has bubbles as you pass through one of the tunnels. They better stop selling the bubble blowers in the park also LOL

I read that you should not bring bubbles because some people could be allergic to the soap.

Really disneygal... you read this??? Well then someone better inform Disneyland too, because IASW Holiday has bubbles as you pass through one of the tunnels. They better stop selling the bubble blowers in the park also LOL[/QUOTE]

I'm not exactly sure if the "Really disneygal..." was sarcastic. But anyway, Disney probably uses a specific formula tht has all of the allergic elements out of it. People might go to the Dollar Tree and get a cheap formula that could have something in it that could be very harmful to people that are allergic.

Are the girls gamers? We have two teenage boys that are gamers, sooo our last trip we brought along their DS lite gamepads. The boys entertained themselves with the DS's while in long lines. It worked for us.:cool1:

So happy it worked for you!

We are trying to steer away from electronics. I would NOT want to lose one of those in Disneyland!

Really disneygal... you read this??? Well then someone better inform Disneyland too, because IASW Holiday has bubbles as you pass through one of the tunnels. They better stop selling the bubble blowers in the park also LOL[/QUOTE]

It is VERY true that some of us ARE allergic to the bubbles. And yes Disney is very much aware of this. All you have to do is say "allergic" and the CM that are playing with the guns trying to sell them will stop making bubbles until you are past. I have encountered this on many a trip and am thankful for their consideration.

And they also turned off the bubbles for my ride through of IASW.

I also am allergic to Latex and Disney has made accomadations that I could attend a character breakfast at Minnie and Friends and NO balloons were allowed.

It is somewhat comical when we go to the parks as my DH is constantly changing our course to help me avoid balloons and bubbles. Or sometimes swatting at bubbles to keep them away from me if we are not quick enough in detecting them, and then he runs off to the bathroom to wash them off before we continue on.

We even got to do a second ride through (our entire boat) on Priates on our last trip because their were a ton of balloons tied to the exit platform. The CM had remembered me from an earlier visit and a discussion about balloons and when we came up ready to exit and I saw the balloons before I even had a chance to say anything to DH the cast member told our boat to please remain seated and to enjoy our second ride through. When we returned the balloons were gone. pixiedust:

I know this is my problem and do not begrudge anyone their balloons or bubbles. I just make a concerted effort to avoid them at all costs, and carry my Epipen everywhere I go. Disney is the best at accomadating those with allergies and disabilities. :thumbsup2

To the OP DH and I are people watchers so we like to spend our time in line watching and making up stories about those we see. Families first trip, toddlers getting to meet a princess for the first time, watching to see if they pull the sword out of the stone, the next Tom Sawyer, how are they going to convince mom or dad to buy the Mickey ice cream bar etc. Some of the stories get to be pretty funny since combined we have 6 grown children and 5 grandchildren to draw upon.

Disneygal Enjoy your visit and have a magical time.

I will have my iphone which I use like an ipod when at the parks and I just got the Disney Explorer app and the Mouseaddict app that don't require internet and I think will be fun in line. Like indygirl I also like to people watch but also like chatting with my family and the people in line. We have had some great conversations with each other and people from all over the world.
This trip I am going to have the hidden mickey lists and history stuff from http://findingmickey.squarespace.com/ and the scavenger hunt from http://family.go.com/printables/article-1019053-disneyland-scavenger-hunt-t/
During night time we have glow sticks and a Buzz and Maqueen that light up.

I also got ridemax to help plan out our time so hopefully we won't be waiting too long for most things. Hope everyone has fun on your trips

I guess I'm a bit old fashioned but I always enjoy time in line to talk with my family. Being at Disneyland provides so much to talk about, that chatting in line can be one of the best opportunites in the park for family bonding. If interacting with family is difficult, maybe look for books on conversation starters like this one from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-...5768221&sr=8-2&keywords=conversation+starters

As much as we're on some electronic device or other these days, it's a wonder we even know what our families look like! LOL :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter