How to make $3600 on your disney vacation! WE DID!! NEW 9/3*The Epilogue, DONE* p. 54

horsegirl said:
flminivanmama - I am writing my report and when I submit it, there I see your id right next to my post! I knew there are lots of minivan folks here. I hope you weren't offended.

None taken! This "jean and tee's girl" loves her Odyssey too...but I love your t/r even more!!

Keep it coming. :goodvibes

More more please! I hope you have a lull in your day later so you can fill us in! My kids are all at school, I have my coffee and I should really be cleaning house but I would much rather be reading about your trip and finding out about the mysterious $3600!

I'm from MA and we vacation every June for a week in Maine, the last week of June. We always stay in Ocean Park and rent a house. We love it there!
And we are horse folk too. Well not really, not yet. My girls have been riding for 18m now (younger one was Leadline Grand Champ last summer at the stable we ride at :thumbsup2 ) but we don't have our own horse....yet. When they are a little older, they are 8 and 6 now. I see it down the road in our future once they can kick in and help pay/work off the boarding.

Allyson :)

:wave2: From our Georgia barn to yours, "I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR MORE"! LOL I have to go outside now though, and make the peace with our horses, ponies, cats, and dog lol it's a zoo here too and I'm a bit late for feeding seeing as I was sitting here reading this exciting trip report. It's so funny that I went through the same discussion with my DH about the minivan, but I actually won that one lol (but only a mid sized SUV), my girlfriend who is a minivan mama and I laugh about it now! Spring rains are upon us now though so off I trudge through the mucky yard :crazy2:

:tink: Kelly

Am hooked!!!! I can relate to the storm problems and getting out of "Dodge" before it hits!!! Live in Upstate NY and we do have those problems from time to time!!! :rotfl2: Don't you just love those vans? I was amazed how much they can hold and how confortable they are!! DH bought one a year after he bought my Nisson and I would rather have his!!!
Love the report!!! am waiting to hear more!!! pixiedust:

Howdy from another Mainer who also knows the sadness of leaving her animals behind - we only have one cat and one dog but they know we are going away! Can't wait to read more !! Michelle

horsegirl said:
Aha, some of you I think are on to how we did this. Ghost, Shelby2001, and Jetsetter90- Thanks for not giving it away. Aimemee you're cold! Ghost sorry, can't do your account...

WHAT? not on my account...MMmm.. I guess I better get back to work then so I can count on my next paycheck(s) (as in many :guilty: )

Then again; I do take bribes, accept gifts, will look after your $3600.... :teeth:

Anyway... do not wait to long for part 3... :thumbsup2

This is wonderful - I really am not accomplishing much at home while I read these reports, however! Thanks for the great read!

Somebody get the rope and a blinding light bulb!
Ooops, guess that what just my alter ego :confused3 looking for the next installment of your trip report...
Put down the horses and weave your tale for us, pretty please????

So we're sitting at the airport with 45 minutes until blast off. DJ and I get huge lattes-trying in vain to keep up with the kids' adrenalin. I watch the other kiddies in the gate area. Why are they all sitting down reading a book and just mellowing at their mama's breast? Our 3 look like Mike Myers on Saturday night live when he was the tethered little boy eating a chocolate bar with Nicole Kidman. Some of you must know that skit. He's got the leash that parents use with those little ones who tend to roam. Only problem is mother hooked him to the jungle gym and little mikey has so much energy he pulls it down the block. Maybe I am imagining this but everyone else's kids seem so well, tame. There is even a little toddler just contentedly sitting on a chair. No bribes, no restraints, just sitting like a 50 year old. How do people get these kids to do this? Mine have knocked over the ropey things designed to properly queue. You know, the metal posts with the big ropey things that kids love to swing on, and my dear princess keeps running and nearly knocking into people. I try to contain them, I really do. I am not obliviously reading the Times or anything, it's just they are excited.

So I do what always works, pull out the goodies. This keeps there attention for 2 minutes and I think back to our last disney trip 2 years ago when I went a few days early with our 2 oldest and dh and little Jack joined us later.

That trip Sky and Carson and I boarded with blueberry fruit bars in hand. Never do that, never- hand prints all over the ramp walls and plane door that matched only my kids' handprints. And all over their faces. Kidless parents look disgusted.......blueberry on the face is pretty gross, I must say. Anyway we get all strapped in, and wait. I was a less experienced parent then and boarded the minute they allowed parents with younguns to board. Mistake, that was 40 minutes to liftoff. Anyway we finally head toward the runway and turn around. We sit there for hmmm, I think it was an hour and they bring on technicians. We are there for another few hours and finally 5 hours later take off. This was not long after 9/11 and I seriously contemplated getting off and taking another flight. Wait a minute, I did do that. I remember now because the plane wasn't working or something. SO we were rerouted on another airline, but got to MCO like 6 hours after the original arrival time and missed our rendevous with Grammy J (DJ's mom) who is a worry wart and didn't get my message before she flew out that we were delayed.

So for the seconds it takes to play that whole scenario in my mind, as the kids are sitting eating and DJ is working on details like plane side stroller check in, I wonder if something like that could happen this morning. Not a chance, I think, and nervously sit there, my leg probably the only clue to anyone who knows me that I am stressing, cause it is moving back and forth a mile a minute.

The boarding call begins and we watch our fellow crewmembers all board. At the last final second we hop on, and within maybe 10 -15 minutes were are in the air. SUCCESS!!!!! The seating is good, and the kids are finally allowed to break into their backpacks, which really are more like Christmas stockings, as they are stuffed to the brim with new bobbles and fandoogles. There are wrappers and crumbs all over the aisle and at their feet.

The DKs were wonderful on this leg, and for some reason the stewardess whose name was aloha or zuzu or something unique kept throwing bottled water and granola bars at us. I felt like when we go to the movies and I hide the store bought candy bars and drinks in my coat and my pockets are real heavy. Okay, I admit it. I smuggle cheap food into movie theaters. I can't help myself. The only real excuse I can come up with is that I am cheap. Not about some things but about this thing.

I am always in search of the most compact and perfect little goodies to entertain them on long trips. This year's prize were little mini digital cameras that are on keychains. Have you seen them? Gleaming white for Carson like his Daddy's apple laptop, aquamarine for baby Jack who is happy with whatever color and pink for my part princess part prince girl who happens to like all things pink. I couldn't wait to give these to the kids. What a great thing to have for their trip. Fabulous shots from their perspective of cut off heads, your midsection, characters from 3 feet high, the ground, more of the ground, you know those don't you? I had visions of DJ and I downloading them each night and chuckling as the angels slept dreaming of sugarplums. Oh wait that's another story. It took 20 minutes to open each package, but mom and dad were not the one's who figured out how to do it. No scissors allowed in the air, and you all know those impenetrable plastic packages that some security genius came up with in a brainstorming teambuilding session. I cut my finger on one and Jack starts writhing and screaming because he can't wait for it to be open. We still couldn't open them, and finally we just give it to Jack. ANd what do you know, he got his opened eventually. Light bulb!!!!. Let him open his brother's and sister's too. That should be good for a while. This worked and finally after about an hour our three kids had their cameras. It took a while to get them to work, why didn't we preassemble these doggone things like we do christmas eve? DJ is a huge techno geek, not to be confused with a spectro geek (I cannot digress more on them, but feel the need to later!) and he got all the cameras going. Snap, snip, snop. 70 pix on each camera done in a millisecond, I kid you not and we can't download them, as the cords on each of them had the wrong type of fitting. OMG, all that mommy hype and euphoria in finding, hiding and presenting these little beauties to my cuties and after 1.5 hours of tugging, prying and fixing it is done in a matter of minutes. Talk about a mini let down!!! This caused Jack further frustration, because now he can't use the thing- and it turned out we never used them again. I also found great little flashlights on keychains for the kids and aloha zuzu runs over and says we can't use flashlights on board. Great- another gadget snafu and who can blame Jack for being frustrated. My obsessive guilt ridden mind gives itself several wacks for not better preparing and researching the activities portion of the trip. Poor DJ, I made this leg so complicated.......

I have to stop, the bus is here and peter pan (Carson) and snow white (sky) are home. Ta ta all you people.

Part 4- GO TO PAGE 7, post 102

Yippe they are getting closer to the magic !!!! Michelle

This is GREATTTTTTT!!!

This is turning into a MINI-SERIES!!!!

I can hardly wait for the next episode or in this case the next JOURNAL ENTRY!!!!!!!!

You go HORSEGIRL!!!

:banana: :Pinkbounc :rotfl2: :woohoo: :bounce: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter