How to handle crazies?

I don't get why they would take the chairs and table that was being used if there were plenty of other places to sit. People are crazy, lol.

Location was probably more to their liking for whatever reason.

My personal opinion is if you want to have a specific spot camped out, pay for the private.

What would you have done?[/QUOTE]

We would have sat right down with them...and they would have been sorry, my bunch (me, DH, DD, DD, DD, DS) would have drove them CRAZY!!! :lmao:

"Stay with your stuff." I see this over and over. What if there's just two of you or in some cases, even just one? I don't see how someone can reasonably stay with your things unless you're in a large group and even then people might come and take your chairs.

I would have picked up my stuff and moved, but I would have something very un-Disney like to the rude woman and her family as I walked away. (as long as no one else was within earshot, of course).

"Stay with your stuff." I see this over and over. What if there's just two of you or in some cases, even just one? I don't see how someone can reasonably stay with your things unless you're in a large group and even then people might come and take your chairs.

If there's only one or two of you, don't bring a lot of stuff that you can't keep on your body. Sheesh.

When we go to the waterparks, we bring a small cooler, and a couple bags with towels, books, snacks, etc. We always get 5 chaises and do the slides then come sun for a while, then repeat. It is crazy to me to say that you cannot save a chair while you swim at a waterpark. Typically most chairs in prime locations are reserved and the people come and go as we do. I would never think I had a right to boot them off a chair they have reserved because I did not get there early enough.
I think when we give in to "bullies" it empowers them to bully more. It is the easy way out short term, but we all pay in the end as they get more brazen.
More people see them get away with it and join in, and the wrong behavior becomes so common it is accepted as the norm.

When we go to the waterparks, we bring a small cooler, and a couple bags with towels, books, snacks, etc. We always get 5 chaises and do the slides then come sun for a while, then repeat. It is crazy to me to say that you cannot save a chair while you swim at a waterpark. Typically most chairs in prime locations are reserved and the people come and go as we do. I would never think I had a right to boot them off a chair they have reserved because I did not get there early enough.
I think when we give in to "bullies" it empowers them to bully more. It is the easy way out short term, but we all pay in the end as they get more brazen.
More people see them get away with it and join in, and the wrong behavior becomes so common it is accepted as the norm.

Similar token [that isn't quite accurate at all due to the reality of shoes/towels] consider if some family staked out a spoke on a parade route. Left some of their stuff there to 'stake a claim', and then went about the rest of the park. Coming back occasionally to their claim spot to rest or whatnot. Kind of annoying [and most likely, their 'staked claim' would get claimed by security anyway].

Yes it is a bit different when talking about the chairs, since there is the reality of shoes and towels to deal with. Of course, here, my opinion is that if someone can make use of my chair while I'm out on the ski-lift, more power to them, I can move my junk to a different pretty easily. But that's my opinion

More specifically for this thread though, it wasn't so much that they were taking their chairs, it was that they were sitting at their cabana/table. Which is more location issue. I can see some perceptual difference between camping a table/cabana over camping just a seat.

I don't see many people in street clothes and shoes on the slides. Really???

To be honest, I thought that's what the locker rentals were for. I wouldn't personally want my street clothes getting soaked in chlorinated water-park water.

I would have sat down and sung "Be Our Guest" over and over until they left!

Never thought about singing :idea: If I sang - no matter what I sang - I could probably achieve an instant evacuation. So if any of you are there in October and need some help in this department I'll give you my cell number. If I like you, I'll sing away your "blues" for free :lmao:

Similar token [that isn't quite accurate at all due to the reality of shoes/towels] consider if some family staked out a spoke on a parade route. Left some of their stuff there to 'stake a claim', and then went about the rest of the park. Coming back occasionally to their claim spot to rest or whatnot. Kind of annoying [and most likely, their 'staked claim' would get claimed by security anyway].

Yes it is a bit different when talking about the chairs, since there is the reality of shoes and towels to deal with. Of course, here, my opinion is that if someone can make use of my chair while I'm out on the ski-lift, more power to them, I can move my junk to a different pretty easily. But that's my opinion

More specifically for this thread though, it wasn't so much that they were taking their chairs, it was that they were sitting at their cabana/table. Which is more location issue. I can see some perceptual difference between camping a table/cabana over camping just a seat.

To be honest, I thought that's what the locker rentals were for. I wouldn't personally want my street clothes getting soaked in chlorinated water-park water.

The parks do not have enough lockers for every guest to rent one for towels and shoes. Can you imagine (if they were to add them) spending an hour in line to lock up your shoes or towel? Lockers are basically used for valuables you don't want to leave out.
We put our towel on the chaise rather than laying in someone else's sweat and suntan oil, so putting it in a locker would be useless. The parks put out enough chairs for everyone to have their own. It is just rude for someone to think they can sleep in and and take what someone else has already reserved. They need to keep walking until they find an open chair rather that taking someone elses. Might not be first choice, but it is the respectful thing to do. Remember the early bird gets the worm?
Obviously we have different boundaries as to respect and personal space.

I'm probably in the minority here (as I usually am at dis) but WHAT did they do that labels them insane? Drag their own chairs under the "free" cabana?

We haven't been over to the waterparks for years..... but if I want a dedicated cabana I guess I have to be prepared to pay for it.

We had a similar situation at a local park that had a structure with two picnic tables under it. DD's, DM and myself were sitting at one table eating and the other table was empty. This family came and plopped right down at the table we were sitting at and spread their stuff out. I thought it was a little odd and we just finished and left..... it never crossed my mind that they might be "crazy" and we were sitting there ~ not just our stuff.

I personally wouldn't leave my stuff unattended unless it were in the aforementioned paid for cabana. JMHO!

I'm probably in the minority here (as I usually am at dis) but WHAT did they do that labels them insane? Drag their own chairs under the "free" cabana?

We haven't been over to the waterparks for years..... but if I want a dedicated cabana I guess I have to be prepared to pay for it.

We had a similar situation at a local park that had a structure with two picnic tables under it. DD's, DM and myself were sitting at one table eating and the other table was empty. This family came and plopped right down at the table we were sitting at and spread their stuff out. I thought it was a little odd and we just finished and left..... it never crossed my mind that they might be "crazy" and we were sitting there ~ not just our stuff.

I personally wouldn't leave my stuff unattended unless it were in the aforementioned paid for cabana. JMHO!

If there's only one or two of you, don't bring a lot of stuff that you can't keep on your body. Sheesh.

We don't take much at all. I usually have a dress to cover up and flip flops and my DH just has wears a shirt with his bathing suit and flip flops. We have one of those things that you put your credit cards and money around your neck and a water proof camera. So when we get there we get a locker put our flip flops, dress, t-shirt and sunglasses and sunblock in the locker and leave. even if we want to sit around we don't really need any of that stuff not that we aren't the ones that just sit around much anyways.

If there were plenty of space available, I'd have just moved.

You said there was plenty of other space I would of just grab my stuff and move. I mean they were being rude you weren't going to get anywhere trying to talk to them.

I would have just picked up my stuff and moved too.

While I understand those that say pick up your stuff and move that is, in my opinion, the wrong answer. These people were bullies and they need to be stood up to. Whether you get firm with them or whether you get a park employee. The reason they and people like them do this is because people have the "I'll just move to avoid the conflict" attitude. As long as people let them get away with it, it will continue. I am not advocating a physical confrontation or to do anything you are uncomfortable with. I have had a similar thing happen to my wife and I and I politely gathered their things up for them and placed them into a pile on the sidewalk, while they watched in shock. Again I do not encourage this, but the rude family left without saying another word to me or anyone.

Since you were there first I would have made them move. What ever happened to first come first served??:headache: I would have stood my ground. But that is what I would do. I would have done it politely too:rolleyes1

Leave it in a locker if you are concerned about it. Frankly, it's just rude to leave your stuff unattended and expect it to still be there when you saunter back.
Nope, rude are some of the posts here. But whatever.

I'm done with this thread so happy arguing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter