How strict is Disney..?

megan85

Earning My Ears
Hi all, this is my first post.. I'm getting married at the wedding pavilion on 1/22/11.. I hope to get a lot of my questions answered here so I can stop the weekly e-mails to the coordinator/planner haha =)

I've read through the past couple pages of threads, and I'm a little confused.. After my initial meeting with the DFTW team, it was my understanding that aside from a few small things like favors and a guestbook, they had control over everything used in your wedding.. Like you had to use Disney for your flowers and your photography and decorations. Now I'm not so sure because a few posts that people have made seem like they brought their own. If anyone could clear up what exactly you can do/bring in yourself and when you are forced to go through Disney to me, please do!

Thank you!

Are you having an Escape wedding or a Wishes wedding? If you're doing an Escape, a lot of those things are provided as part of your package, so you wouldn't necessarily need to bring anything of your own. If you're doing a Wishes, everything is sort of a la carte, so provided you use enough of Disney's services to meet the minimum that Disney stipulates, you can add in pretty much whatever you'd like of your own.

There are certain limitations (you must use Disney floral and decor for any park or outdoor location, for example, and you must use Disney photography inside the theme parks), but there is a lot of flexibility, too.

Hope this helps a little! :)

Most of those rules do apply to your location. In park it's all Disney. Some things outside of parks they'll be very flexible with. I brought some of my own decor for the pre-reception tables and the table chart area, which they asked us to set up (but they did still help). Some brides bring fake bouquets and many of us use outside photographers and other approved entertainers. As long as you meet minimum in the end!

It depends not only on the Wishes/Escape wedding type, but also location of ceremony. If you have a ceremony in a public area (like SBP), you have to let Disney do the floral, but if you were to get married in a ballroom or such, you could do it on your own.

Personally I think it's easier to let them do everything, especially if you're planning from a long distance. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter