How soon do they know what room?

ckret01

DIS Veteran
Can you call the day before and actually find out the room number they put you in? Or do they assign it upon arrival?

They won't tell you the room number even if they pre-assign it ahead of time. You won't know which room you got until you check in and even then, the room has to be clean and ready for occupancy.

Until you get your resort ID/room key, the front desk CMs can change the assignment anyway. Sometimes they do change your pre-assigned room if someone else complains and "your" room meets the need/desire and you haven't arrived yet).

Best wishes -

It's my understanding that they pretty much assign your room while you're standing right there at check-in.

If there's a particular room or building you'd prefer, you can always call or fax your request a few days prior to arrival. They always tell you that your requests are noted, but certainly not guaranteed.

I normally request a building that I'd like to be in, and have always gotten (for the most part) what I asked for. One time, when we stayed at the Poly, I requested a specific room a few days prior, and ACTUALLY GOT IT. Talk about luck!! :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter