How should I surprise my 30-year-old boyfriend with his first trip to Disney World??

Megs83

Earning My Ears
For my boyfriend's 30th birthday I'm going to surprise him with a trip to Disney World for us and his 2 boys. The 3 of them have never been! The boys will be 6 and 12 when we go. Surprising them will be easy when we tell them closer to the date, but I'm having trouble coming up with a fun/creative way to surprise my boyfriend for his birthday. I was thinking maybe something along the lines of a scavenger hunt that ends in him finding personalized Mickey ears for all of us. Ideas??

that sounds like fun!!

I have no idea how to even keep a surprise like that hidden!! haha

Tell me about it! It hasn't been easy. And I don't even get to tell him until summer of next year (He only turns 29 this August. I picked his 30th birthday since that's an bigger one and so I have time to save money.)

I'm going to recruit my mom or brother and have them inflate a bunch of balloons to cover the living room ceiling while I take him out to dinner, and once we're home his present that he'll open will be all of our ears and an adult-sized "I'm Going to Disney World!" shirt. :)

For the boys I thought it'd be fun to tell them Easter of 2014. We'll most likely go June 2014 for Star Wars Weekends. I found Star Wars suitcases that can be personalized with their names that I'll use instead of Easter baskets that year. Inside they'll get their ears, a "I'm Going to Disney World!" shirt, and some Disney gift cards for spending once we're there. :)

Wow you are way ahead of the game! Congrats on the surprise!

I can relate to not being able to keep a secret. I am surprising my husband with the trip for our 2nd anniversary, and neither of us has ever been. Even though it is only 63 days until we leave, it feels like forever!

For our situation, I was thinking of not telling him about the trip until I come to pick him up from work to go to the airport. I am hoping one of our friends can distract him the day before so I can pack our suitcases, and hide them away, so that when I come to pick him up we'll be driving to the airport already.

I love the idea of personalized Mickey ears. Can you order these online? Good luck with your surprise!

I surprised my husband with a trip (Not Disney, but the principle is the same) and I didn't tell him until we got to the ferry!!

I took the day of departure off work without telling him (got ready for work, took him to work then went back home to pack and take the cat to the boarding kennels), I asked him to take casual clothes to work to change into as we were going out for tea (which we do often, so no suspicion there!) Then simply picked him up and drove straight to the ferry terminal......he didn't understand what was going on until I actually pulled into the parking garage.

I had made up a plastic wallet with tickets, passports, currency and a city guide which I handed him when he eventually asked what was going on!!!!

Eliza - that's awesome!

It's exactly what I am planning on doing. Just need to come up with a good excuse of why I need the car that day (I usually take the public transport to work). Love the wallet, and guide idea. So fun!

My fiance's birthday and our anniversary are 1 day apart so I surprised her with a trip to WDW. So from Valentine's Day to her b-day/our anniversary, every holiday I gave her a card with a cryptic clue and 3 letters (cut out from a print out) to spell out our destination. My side thought that it was sweet and romantic. Her and her side HATED ME. But after a couple of cards she and her friends started getting into it. To the point where they were comparing notes on Facebook. I called them The Coven of Decription. When the big day came, I let her in on the secret by giving her a card with Disney money and explaining all the clues.

BDL - Got excited once I saw your ticker for POR. That's where I want to stay, but in the AB section.

For our situation, I was thinking of not telling him about the trip until I come to pick him up from work to go to the airport. I am hoping one of our friends can distract him the day before so I can pack our suitcases, and hide them away, so that when I come to pick him up we'll be driving to the airport already.
Oh, I love it! I'm afraid if I did that with DH, he'd be upset about missing some critical football game. (I think most are critical in his opinion.:confused3)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter