How safe is bell services?

Bell Services, very safe, no lock needed
Unattended in a hot car, not very safe.
Seems simple to me

When you leave Bell Services, you note the name of the person you handed the items off to, the date and the time. And, I'm sure there are cameras around to document on the back end as well.

When you leave Bell Services, you note the name of the person you handed the items off to, the date and the time. And, I'm sure there are cameras around to document on the back end as well.
Thanks for stating to note the name of the person you interact with. It seems so obvious but hadn't occurred to me!

We use luggage locks, we feel that it keeps honest people honest. Just because someone works at Disney, that doesn't mean that they are all lawful. That being said, other than CM's stealing our credit card numbers twice, we haven't had any problems.

:earsboy: Bill

As a former CM who worked in bell services and valet dispatch at BW, (I ticketed all the bags that were stored at the bell desk), I feel confident and trust them. I do not hesitate to use bell services myself when staying at WDW. Much safer than keeping valuable items in a car.

There was never an accusation that something was missing while I was working (except a man who thought someone stole his Ray Bans ... that were on his head :) )

Your only risk is a rogue bell services CM which I honestly never heard any stories about. There are so many other CMs around dropping off and retrieving bags, it would be pretty difficult to run off with electronics. Someone would
see you rummaging around the luggage. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, because anything can happen. But I really do trust them, even after being behind the scenes. I wouldn't think anyone would steal anything because it would be pretty obvious.

The bell services CMs store the bags, and get the heck back out to the stand so they can get back in rotation and get more tips. No one is really hanging around in the storage area - it would look odd to the others who are coming in and out. A loiterer would stand out.

I typically hide my electronics just in case (don't want it totally obvious they are there). If it makes you feel better, pack your electronics in the middle of your bag surrounded by clothes. It would look pretty funny for a CM to get caught emptying a guest's suitcase to find valuables :). And as pps have said, there's no harm in locking it to be extra careful.

As a former CM who worked in bell services and valet dispatch at BW, (I ticketed all the bags that were stored at the bell desk), I feel confident and trust them. I do not hesitate to use bell services myself when staying at WDW. Much safer than keeping valuable items in a car.

There was never an accusation that something was missing while I was working (except a man who thought someone stole his Ray Bans ... that were on his head :) )

Your only risk is a rogue bell services CM which I honestly never heard any stories about. There are so many other CMs around dropping off and retrieving bags, it would be pretty difficult to run off with electronics. Someone would
see you rummaging around the luggage. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, because anything can happen. But I really do trust them, even after being behind the scenes. I wouldn't think anyone would steal anything because it would be pretty obvious.

The bell services CMs store the bags, and get the heck back out to the stand so they can get back in rotation and get more tips. No one is really hanging around in the storage area - it would look odd to the others who are coming in and out. A loiterer would stand out.

I typically hide my electronics just in case (don't want it totally obvious they are there). If it makes you feel better, pack your electronics in the middle of your bag surrounded by clothes. It would look pretty funny for a CM to get caught emptying a guest's suitcase to find valuables :). And as pps have said, there's no harm in locking it to be extra careful.

Question for an expert. Is there freezer storage and separate refrigerator storage or just cold storage?

Question for an expert. Is there freezer storage and separate refrigerator storage or just cold storage?

When I worked there, there was a refrigerator and a freezer. I would think they still have both, especially with more and more people ordering groceries these days.

I'm not sure if all resorts have freezer and fridge, or if it's just resorts with DVC, but BW did! Dispatch often transported luggage for resort transfers/split stays. I remember retrieving frozen and refrigerated items when transferring items if people from DVC villas did split stays and had food they wanted to transfer over.

We will be coming in this Saturday with lots o electronics, also. We always ask bell services to put our bag with the electronics and the good camera in the cage. They give you a separate ticket for that stuff.

Yes, this, point out any bag you wish to go in "the cage" for extra safety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter