• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Much Was It?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!!!UPDATE 5/12/14 PG 30

Hello! I just found this TR a few days ago and am all caught up now. My best friend and I are taking our first trip to DL in May, also staying at PP in a concierge theme park view room. We're WDW vets; I'm a former CM there and he's a current CM. I really like your report-the alternating story telling is great. :goodvibes

Hello! I just found this TR a few days ago and am all caught up now. My best friend and I are taking our first trip to DL in May, also staying at PP in a concierge theme park view room. We're WDW vets; I'm a former CM there and he's a current CM. I really like your report-the alternating story telling is great. :goodvibes

Welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying our report! I hope you enjoy DL as much as we did :)

I'm enjoying reading about Disneyland so much. Hopefully we will get there sometime soon.
That seemed like a pretty reasonable price for a character meal compared to the ones at WDW. Love that they ha e Meeko, he is one of my favorites.

I'm enjoying reading about Disneyland so much. Hopefully we will get there sometime soon.
That seemed like a pretty reasonable price for a character meal compared to the ones at WDW. Love that they ha e Meeko, he is one of my favorites.

I'm so glad you're enjoying our TR :goodvibes

We thought the meal was worth the price and since it was practically empty we had a lot of extra fun with the characters.

So the big question What was I up to that morning?!

When we began our research on the DL hotels we found out that the Grand Californian offered a lot of fun activities and as long as you were a guest at a Disney hotel you could participate! There were a ton of activities but the two the interested me were the Yoga/Pilates hybrid class and the walking tour of California Adventure. Unfortunately the hybrid class wasn't available on days that we weren't in the park but this morning they offered the walking tour! Since we were having a relaxed day and just heading to LA we could afford the time for me to go! The best part of this is it's completely free!

When I split up with mom and dad I headed to the special entrance from the Grand Californian to California Adventure. It took a while for everyone to show up and there were about 6 people including the instructor. The purpose of the tour is for you to get a look at the park before anyone else is allowed in! It was so cool seeing California Adventure for the first time without any other guests in it!

The video I will post shows that you are supposed to sort of get a description of what your seeing and get special facts but our group ended up arguing about whether DL or WDW was better. :worried: I missed the cool facts but seeing the park was worth it.

I was the only person who hadn't been in the park before and when our walk took us to Carsland my jaw dropped! It was just gorgeous! Everyone looked at me and laughed and was excited for me.

It was a great experience and I would recommend it to everyone! The group can either choose to slow down or walk faster depending on the type of tour you're looking for. It also takes you all around the park from the Grizzly River Rapids area through the Boardwalk area through Bugs Land and through Carsland. It's an awesome experience! This was probably one of my favorite parts of the trip and if I could have done it again I would have! Be sure to have good walking shoes and no cameras allowed!

Walking tour video

When we began our research on the DL hotels we found out that the Grand Californian offered a lot of fun activities and as long as you were a guest at a Disney hotel you could participate! There were a ton of activities but the two the interested me were the Yoga/Pilates hybrid class and the walking tour of California Adventure. Unfortunately the hybrid class wasn't available on days that we weren't in the park but this morning they offered the walking tour! Since we were having a relaxed day and just heading to LA we could afford the time for me to go! The best part of this is it's completely free!

When I split up with mom and dad I headed to the special entrance from the Grand Californian to California Adventure. It took a while for everyone to show up and there were about 6 people including the instructor. The purpose of the tour is for you to get a look at the park before anyone else is allowed in! It was so cool seeing California Adventure for the first time without any other guests in it!

The video I will post shows that you are supposed to sort of get a description of what your seeing and get special facts but our group ended up arguing about whether DL or WDW was better. :worried: I missed the cool facts but seeing the park was worth it.

I was the only person who hadn't been in the park before and when our walk took us to Carsland my jaw dropped! It was just gorgeous! Everyone looked at me and laughed and was excited for me.

It was a great experience and I would recommend it to everyone! The group can either choose to slow down or walk faster depending on the type of tour you're looking for. It also takes you all around the park from the Grizzly River Rapids area through the Boardwalk area through Bugs Land and through Carsland. It's an awesome experience! This was probably one of my favorite parts of the trip and if I could have done it again I would have! Be sure to have good walking shoes and no cameras allowed!

Walking tour video

I've been following your trip report for a while and I must say....this sounds amazing! I just joined a gym and will be taking a trip to DLR in May with my son and father so I'm glad to know that this is available so I can keep up with working out while I'm on vacation.

I've been following your trip report for a while and I must say....this sounds amazing! I just joined a gym and will be taking a trip to DLR in May with my son and father so I'm glad to know that this is available so I can keep up with working out while I'm on vacation.

Thank you for reading!

It was a lot of fun! They also offer one through Downtown Disney.

Very cool! I am TOTALLY doing that when we finally visit next year. Thanks for posting the video. I am learning so much!

That sounds pretty cool!
Too bad about the argument, but glad to hear you enjoyed it anyway.
No cameras? That seems odd.
Must've been torture for you! :laughing:

I'm at work, so I can't see the vid.
I'll check it out at home, later.

Did you just make the reservations through the hotel? How much ahead of time did you have to make them?

Yes you can either call the Grand Californian or go over and talk to their guest relations CM. I only made mine two days in advance so I think 24 hours is the max? I know it says so on the sheet you get with the times and the list of activities.

Very cool! I am TOTALLY doing that when we finally visit next year. Thanks for posting the video. I am learning so much!

It's a lot of fun!

I watched the video before I did it so I could know more about it so I thought it would help!

Glad to be helping you out!

That sounds pretty cool!
Too bad about the argument, but glad to hear you enjoyed it anyway.
No cameras? That seems odd.
Must've been torture for you! :laughing:

I'm at work, so I can't see the vid.
I'll check it out at home, later.

It was!

I was a bit tortured with no one there I could have gotten some great pics!

That looks like fun! I wonder why you can't take a camera since it wasn't a behind the scenes tour?

Love the details of the Storyteller restaurant!! The character interaction did look so cute!

And what a cool thing to offer...power walking pre-park opening! I would sign up for that!!::yes::

Once I was all cleaned up we all headed over to here

It's located in Downtown Disney and was a quick walk from our resort. We had rented a car today because we were going to check out Hollywood! I had my choice of anything today and this was my pic! When I was little I wanted to be an actress and live here so I had to fulfill a childhood dream!

First we had to get the car!

Mom made me pose with it!

It wasn't too bad of a drive and before we knew it we were in Hollywood! We parked in a weird looking garage that over packed the vehicles and left our keys at a desk and headed out!

There was so much to see!

I was in awe looking at the actual walk of fame!

I had to pose with Mickey!

And we saw the Great Movie Ride!

The ride wasn't working that day though :confused3

But we saw a lot of foot and hand prints!

Mom posed with one of her favorite movies!

We took this for my grandma

We were excited to keep moving and to see where the Oscars are given away!

Our lunch destination was over here

We were surprised to find out that the Oscars are filmed in a theater surrounded by stores!

And a cute cupcake place!

I think I forgot to mention expensive stores!

I headed into one store that showed Miley Cyrus was a shopper there and walked out with a new pair of Toms!

We continued walking around so we could see the different vantage points on Hollywood

There it is!!!! The Hollywood sign!!!

It was so cool seeing it in person!

The courtyard surrounding this look out point was very pretty!

Our lunch destination again!

More Hollywood

We left the area with only a couple shopping bags and continued our sightseeing

We were getting very hungry and headed to lunch! We started seeing familiar names as we got closer

Next up!

Lunch at the Soda Shoppe!

We had rented a car today because we were going to check out Hollywood!

face-palm-mt.gif

I feel like such a twit!
Not once did I think about Hollywood.
LA. Yup.
But Hollywood? :sad2:

If I'd gone to DL and not thought of Hollywood until after, I would've clubbed myself over the head!

When I was little I wanted to be an actress and live here

And you still do, don't you.

First we had to get the car!
Mom made me pose with it!

:laughing: Everybody (including me) does that.
It's like, "Look everybody! I'm posing with a car that I don't own!"

We parked in a weird looking garage that over packed the vehicles and left our keys at a desk and headed out!

Is that normal?
I don't think I've ever parked anywhere where I had to leave my keys.
(Except valet, of course)

I was in awe looking at the actual walk of fame!

I don't blame you. I would be too!
Locals must get awfully tired of navigating around tourists who all have their collective heads down.

I had to pose with Mickey!

But of course.

And we saw the Great Movie Ride!

:lmao:

The ride wasn't working that day though :confused3

Probably down for re-furb.

So who's the best photo bomber?
The girl with the sunglasses?
The guy in the orange shirt?
Death?
The dog?

(I vote for the dog)

Geez, that makes me sad.
When she put her hands there, she was only six years old.

We were excited to keep moving and to see where the Oscars are given away!

That's cool.

I think I forgot to mention expensive stores!

In Hollywood! <shock!>

There it is!!!! The Hollywood sign!!!

:cool1:

It was so cool seeing it in person!

I bet! We've all seen it... tons... on video. But to see it in real life?
Awesome.

Next up!

Lunch at the Soda Shoppe!

Sounds good! Thanks for posting! :goodvibes

face-palm-mt.gif

I feel like such a twit!
Not once did I think about Hollywood.
LA. Yup.
But Hollywood? :sad2:

If I'd gone to DL and not thought of Hollywood until after, I would've clubbed myself over the head!

It was on my to do list! We didn't know when we would be back to DL so I wanted to get there! Although we may be going back after all :goodvibes

And you still do, don't you.

a little! :rotfl2:

:laughing: Everybody (including me) does that.
It's like, "Look everybody! I'm posing with a car that I don't own!"

Is that normal?
I don't think I've ever parked anywhere where I had to leave my keys.
(Except valet, of course)

It was weird but they needed the keys so they could move the car around and pack in as many as possible.

I don't blame you. I would be too!
Locals must get awfully tired of navigating around tourists who all have their collective heads down.

Yeah I can't imagine living somewhere like that and just thinking it's a normal street :rotfl2:

But of course.

:lmao:

Probably down for re-furb.

:confused3

So who's the best photo bomber?
The girl with the sunglasses?
The guy in the orange shirt?
Death?
The dog?

(I vote for the dog)

Well I had to catch up with my old co star so he wasn't technically photo bombing. It's hard to get a solo pic in Hollywood!

Geez, that makes me sad.
When she put her hands there, she was only six years old.

That's cool.

In Hollywood! <shock!>

:cool1:

I bet! We've all seen it... tons... on video. But to see it in real life?
Awesome.

It was a great experience!

Sounds good! Thanks for posting! :goodvibes

Thank you for reading!

Love it!! I especially love how Donald had his paws infront of the Chinese Theatre.

It was very cool seeing all the prints!

Awesome! :thumbsup2

What a fun morning in Hollywood. Can't wait to see the soda shop.

And who IS that guy in the dark robe? Darth Vader? :rotfl2:

Fun pics!

It's so cute I can't wait to share pics!

It was the guy from Scream :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter