How Much Was It?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!!!UPDATE 5/12/14 PG 30

I'm so happy I found your DL TR!! I asked you a while back on Facebook about your DL trip :goodvibes

Now, I can read all about it!! Yay! It's definitely getting me so much more excited for our April 2015 trip!! :cool1:

So far behind but I have covered the entire day! Toontown looks so cool! And I loved seeing the personal PP photo tour! All of the pics were great as usual! So much to comment on so I'll just say "great posts"!!!!! :goodvibes

I'm so happy I found your DL TR!! I asked you a while back on Facebook about your DL trip :goodvibes

Now, I can read all about it!! Yay! It's definitely getting me so much more excited for our April 2015 trip!! :cool1:

Welcome!

I hope you have a great time!

So far behind but I have covered the entire day! Toontown looks so cool! And I loved seeing the personal PP photo tour! All of the pics were great as usual! So much to comment on so I'll just say "great posts"!!!!! :goodvibes

Thank you!

We just loved DL!

We wanted to stop by and wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas! Hope Santa is good to you and yours :santa:

Hi All! Happy New Year! Time for the first update of 2014.....

Our day began early as we were all up and moving at 6am. It may sound early but considering we were dealing with a 3 hour time change, I was glad we were sleeping until 6.

Being the workout junkie that she is, Caitlin immediately hit the hotel gym.

As you can see, she had the place all to herself.

She just did a quick workout and was back to the room and about 6:30 we all headed over to the Grand Californian. Why were we headed over there so early? Well the Disney owned hotels offer special activities daily and Caitlin had signed up for this mornings event. (I won't tell you what it was so she can tell you next time)

By 6:45 she was all checked in for her activity and Dale and I admired the pool until the restaurant opened at 7:00.

Isn't this pool pretty?! I love the decorative gate too.

Even the doors are pretty here!

At 7:00 we headed in here for some breakfast

This message greets you as you enter

I loved the whole look of this restaurant. Such attention to details!

Breakfast at Storyteller's is either a quite large buffet or you can order from the ala carte menu. We went with the buffet and found everything quite tasty :thumbsup2

Now when I took Dale in here I left out a bit of information. I didn't tell him that it was a character meal. When the characters began appearing I told him "look out there is a bear behind you". Well he thought I was kidding and did this

He was a little surprised to find out there actually was a bear behind him :rotfl:

But they became friends

Then it was my turn. I did not realize he was eating my arm otherwise I would not have been smiling :rotfl2:

The meal is "hosted" by a park ranger who gets all the kids up and marching around the restaurant. It reminded me of the Crystal Palace at WDW.

Our next visitor was Pocohantas' friend Meeko

and then Caitlin arrived and although she didn't eat she still posed for some pictures.

And finally Chip and Dale stopped by

The characters were all so cute and a lot of fun to watch. One of the bears kept scratching himself against the wall like it was a tree.

Finally one last picture

and then we were done. The bill was $56 for breakfast for 2 but with the fun character interaction, good food and the attentive server we definitely felt like we got our money's worth. We paid our bill and headed back to our hotel so Caitlin could shower and get ready for the day.

Thanks for reading :)

Our day began early as we were all up and moving at 6am. It may sound early but considering we were dealing with a 3 hour time change, I was glad we were sleeping until 6.

Forgot about that. I keep thinking of WDW time.

She just did a quick workout and was back to the room and about 6:30 we all headed over to the Grand Californian. Why were we headed over there so early? Well the Disney owned hotels offer special activities daily and Caitlin had signed up for this mornings event. (I won't tell you what it was so she can tell you next time)

That still doesn't explain why you all headed over.
It's why she did.

Isn't this pool pretty?! I love the decorative gate too.

::yes::

Even the doors are pretty here!

Those are really nice!

Now when I took Dale in here I left out a bit of information. I didn't tell him that it was a character meal. When the characters began appearing I told him "look out there is a bear behind you". Well he thought I was kidding and did this

:lmao: That's awesome!
Did he jump when he finally realized?

Then it was my turn. I did not realize he was eating my arm otherwise I would not have been smiling :rotfl2:

Wow! You're one tough momma!

And finally Chip and Dale stopped by

I thought Dale was already there.

The characters were all so cute and a lot of fun to watch. One of the bears kept scratching himself against the wall like it was a tree.

:laughing: I wonder how many guests made that connection?

The bill was $56 for breakfast for 2 but with the fun character interaction, good food and the attentive server we definitely felt like we got our money's worth.

That's good.

Thanks for reading :)

Thanks for posting! :goodvibes

Forgot about that. I keep thinking of WDW time.

I was pleasantly surprised how we adjusted to the time difference. However readjusting when we got home wasn't as easy :headache:

That still doesn't explain why you all headed over.
It's why she did.

I guess because even tho she is 23 she's still our little girl :)

::yes::

Those are really nice!

:lmao: That's awesome!
Did he jump when he finally realized?

A bit :rotfl:

Wow! You're one tough momma!

I like to think so.

I thought Dale was already there.

:rotfl:

:laughing: I wonder how many guests made that connection?
Well we are smarter than the average bear (or DL guest as the case might be :)

That's good.

Thanks for posting! :goodvibes

Thanks for reading!

Hello, Caitlin and Dawn!:wave:

I've only made it to page 7 of this TR so far (so that means you had not made it into the parks yet and were still exploring the hotels and DTD), but I had to pop in and comment on a couple of things before I forget!

I will be honest -- typically I do not have time to follow new trip reports and often do not even have time to follow some of the ones I'm already subscribed to, so I don't look at many of them because I don't want to get sucked in! For some reason I peeked in on this thread and was instantly caught up in it. I think that your overall level of joy and excitement to be at DLR comes across so well in the descriptions and photos, like you all are just savoring and cherishing every detail and every moment. That's wonderful to read!

Random comments (in no specific order):

1. I am so glad that someone else shares my opinion -- the Belle/Beast Lego display is a bit odd!:rotfl2: I thought the exact same thing when I first saw it -- Beast looks (proportionately) just about how he should look in Lego form, but Lego Belle looks like a small child. Seeing that Belle and the Beast are in love, I found this to be unintentionally confusing, albeit innocent. I once mentioned that I thought this was a bit strange in a TR that I did last year or in 2011 or so, and I don't think my readers agreed with me. I don't think they thought it was odd;

2. I am also a big fan of the Paradise Pier Hotel. I have never stayed on the Club Level (concierge), but I have had that exact same park view several times -- and, just like Caitlin, when I'm in the room I cannot stay away from th e window! I constantly have to stand there with the camera, taking pictures of the view! That view is like a magnet that pulls me to the window! The PPH also has one of the prettiest Christmas trees during the holiday season. Plus, I love the sort-of-hidden Mickeys in the bedding -- the white on white ones are particularly hard to see;

3. Speaking of hidden Mickeys -- so far you have taken photos of two of the best hidden Mickeys in DTD: the one in the Marceline's Confectionery sign, and the one on the Vault 28 "vaulted" door! I love those. (By any chance, did you happen to get a good look at the grandfather clock in the lobby of the Grand Californian Hotel)?; and

4. I live in L.A., and I think I read at the beginning of this thread that part of your trip involved a visit to L.A.? I don't know where you went in L.A. -- I guess I will find that out -- but I am looking forward to reading about it and the rest of your Disneyland Resort adventures!

It seems like there was something else I was going to comment on but it has slipped my mind. I have to go back and pick up where I left off, at the end of page 7!

Fun DL trip report. Like Caitlin I loved how the two parks were right next to one another. I loved seeing your pictures of GCH. We stayed there for 5 wonderful nights, and I loved it. The view of WOC from our balcony, the very comfortable pool chairs and the beautiful lobby. Ahhh I was in heaven. I did not see the Mickey show at DL, I wonder if it was there in 2010 when we visited?

Hello, Caitlin and Dawn!:wave:

I've only made it to page 7 of this TR so far (so that means you had not made it into the parks yet and were still exploring the hotels and DTD), but I had to pop in and comment on a couple of things before I forget!

Welcome! So glad you've joined us :goodvibes

I will be honest -- typically I do not have time to follow new trip reports and often do not even have time to follow some of the ones I'm already subscribed to, so I don't look at many of them because I don't want to get sucked in! For some reason I peeked in on this thread and was instantly caught up in it. I think that your overall level of joy and excitement to be at DLR comes across so well in the descriptions and photos, like you all are just savoring and cherishing every detail and every moment. That's wonderful to read!

I'm so glad our enthusiasm has shown through! We could not have been more excited to visit DL and as we reflected on 2013 over the holidays, our Disneyland trip was the best thing about our year!

Random comments (in no specific order):

1. I am so glad that someone else shares my opinion -- the Belle/Beast Lego display is a bit odd!:rotfl2: I thought the exact same thing when I first saw it -- Beast looks (proportionately) just about how he should look in Lego form, but Lego Belle looks like a small child. Seeing that Belle and the Beast are in love, I found this to be unintentionally confusing, albeit innocent. I once mentioned that I thought this was a bit strange in a TR that I did last year or in 2011 or so, and I don't think my readers agreed with me. I don't think they thought it was odd;

Glad we weren't the only ones who found it odd :rotfl:

2. I am also a big fan of the Paradise Pier Hotel. I have never stayed on the Club Level (concierge), but I have had that exact same park view several times -- and, just like Caitlin, when I'm in the room I cannot stay away from th e window! I constantly have to stand there with the camera, taking pictures of the view! That view is like a magnet that pulls me to the window! The PPH also has one of the prettiest Christmas trees during the holiday season. Plus, I love the sort-of-hidden Mickeys in the bedding -- the white on white ones are particularly hard to see;

We just could not get enough of that view! Just gorgeous!

3. Speaking of hidden Mickeys -- so far you have taken photos of two of the best hidden Mickeys in DTD: the one in the Marceline's Confectionery sign, and the one on the Vault 28 "vaulted" door! I love those. (By any chance, did you happen to get a good look at the grandfather clock in the lobby of the Grand Californian Hotel)?; and

Yes we did see the clock. It was part of one of the activities we did later on in the trip :)

4. I live in L.A., and I think I read at the beginning of this thread that part of your trip involved a visit to L.A.? I don't know where you went in L.A. -- I guess I will find that out -- but I am looking forward to reading about it and the rest of your Disneyland Resort adventures!

Our journey into LA will be coming up shortly as that's where we headed next after my most recent post.

It seems like there was something else I was going to comment on but it has slipped my mind. I have to go back and pick up where I left off, at the end of page 7!

Thanks for joining in!

Fun DL trip report. Like Caitlin I loved how the two parks were right next to one another. I loved seeing your pictures of GCH. We stayed there for 5 wonderful nights, and I loved it. The view of WOC from our balcony, the very comfortable pool chairs and the beautiful lobby. Ahhh I was in heaven. I did not see the Mickey show at DL, I wonder if it was there in 2010 when we visited?

Lucky you to spend 5 nights at the GCH. We did a few resort activities over there and just loved it! Mickey and the Magical Map was new in 2013.

I am loving this TR!

I showed my kids the photos of the view when they decided PPH was the hotel for our upcoming trip, and it got them so excited!

Thanks for sharing!

Have just read through your whole TR and are thoroughly enjoying it. Thanks for the attention to detail.

What an adorable restaurant and what fun character interaction. You guys were so animated with all your poses, but that one of Dale totally cracked me up. :lmao:

I can't not WAIT to stay at the GC. I am eyeing up a trip for next winter - feb or march. It looks like such a gorgeous hotel.

Happy NY!

I am loving this TR!

I showed my kids the photos of the view when they decided PPH was the hotel for our upcoming trip, and it got them so excited!

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! I hope you enjoy that view as much as we did :)

What an adorable restaurant and what fun character interaction. You guys were so animated with all your poses, but that one of Dale totally cracked me up. :lmao:

I can't not WAIT to stay at the GC. I am eyeing up a trip for next winter - feb or march. It looks like such a gorgeous hotel.

Happy NY!

Could you tell we were having fun :rotfl:

The GCH is beautiful! I know you'll love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter