How much $ to take?

Keishag

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'm new to the boards and was curious. How much money do you think is enough for a family of 4 (my kids are 5 and 3) to stay for 7 days? We will most likely stop by the grocery store to pick up some lunch meat and snacks but other than that what is the norm for a 7 day stay?
Thank you!

10.gif

It varies depending on if you are on the Disney Dining Plan (DDP), eat a lot table service meals or have character meals. We use the DDP and still spend about $100 a day. Hope that helps.

My per day budget if on the dining plan is $50. If no on the DDP $100. That's just for me though - but I like to shop for pins and stuff throughout the day...

We just returned past Monday from 7 nights and did a grocery stop. This was our 42 trips and over the past 5 trips, money has been about the same. I take 400.00 cash, use it at the grocery store, now there's just the 2 of us but we buy like there's no tomorrow, lunchmeat, pop, beer, wine, alcohol and snacks and it comes to 100.00.

We do not do the dining plan and upon check in we place our Discover Card for all charges, room, tickets, meals, everything to get the cash back bucks when we get home and get the bill. I most always come home with the leftover 300.00 out of the 400.00. We do not rent a car, use Disney transportation and everywhere on property will take our room key for charges. Wife and I split most meals and every day we have a pool picnic with our grocery supplies so our food bill on property is never over 400 bucks.

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback. I was really unsure because I had a friend tell me she takes $1000 per person!! That would mean I'm $3k short :scared:

I guess she just spends a bit more than the average person. I feel good knowing we should be fine with $1000 and I'll try to get a bit more into savings just in case.

Hi! I'm new to the boards and was curious. How much money do you think is enough for a family of 4 (my kids are 5 and 3) to stay for 7 days? We will most likely stop by the grocery store to pick up some lunch meat and snacks but other than that what is the norm for a 7 day stay?
Thank you!

My general figure per person used to be 50 bucks per person per day. Figuring 8 bucks breakfast, 14 bucks lunch and 18 bucks for dinner. Thats most CS meals and we hardly ever ate 3 meals a day back when. To this day, wife and I split breakfast from foodcourt, and even the hamburger deal at foodcourt we split or order the double meat hamburger, either buy a buy from the court or bring one from our room and split the fries. We've seen too many families with 2 small children buy each a meal only to throw most of it away, have the children split one meal too. By these fibures, what we didn't spend on one meal, carries over to remaining but the 50 bucks per person works for us, but not if doing TS meals, these are alot of money for alittle food, we rather do the CS, alot of food for less money. On a day where we're doing say the hoop Dee Do, we eat cs breakfast and spik lunch since the dinner is all you can eat.

Our trips are not about the food, we eat just like at home, probably less, and the pool picnics seems to be our prize meal, we can only eat resturant food for so long so we buy lunchmeat and cheeses we really like. We're not trying to be cheap but conservative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter