how much per point direct for GF?

it's apparent that DVD doesn't want to sell resorts that they have deemed as sold out. It might be an internal accounting or funding issue where they have to sell the newly constructed resort within a certain period of time.

:earsboy: Bill

Did you end up getting the resale contract? I know that Disney is basically buying back most of the VGF because the wait list is so long. I was on the wait list and was able to add a 100 extra points to the 200 at VGF that I already had. I also have paid cash for both contracts. I believe that those extra 100 points were priced at $170 a point. I wanted more but only 100 were available. Still hoping more come up on my end. Are you currently on the waitlist?

I'm fairly sure this is untrue. Disney are not actively buying back VGF and are unlikely to do so. Margins on ROFR'd VGF are much less than on new Poly points. All VGF contracts I have heard of recently have passed ROFR. My guide himself told me before VGF sold out that DVD had lost interest in VGF in favour of Poly. There is no evidence DVD will buy back VGF to bring the wait list down if they can just sell their quotas of Poly to other buyers not so fussy about resort choice.

I heard this from one of the DVC sales agent that works directly from the Grand Floridian Villas. I probably shouldn't have said "most" of the contracts as I believe she actually used the word many. I was told that Disney exercises the ROFR when the contract fits a certain criteria of a certain number of points along with a low enough price per point where Disney can make any kind of profit on it. I do know that foreclosures make up some of what becomes available but they definitely are buying back certain Grand Floridian contracts.

Let me stop you right there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter