how much per point direct for GF?

There are selling the points they have to the top of the wait list for $165 a point.

However, they have very few points left and are not adding any names to the wait list.

I'm not sure how strong they would be on that if you told them you had cash to drop but would only consider VGF.

I wonder if that is true? Would they suddenly have points if you were paying cash? I have to think some of the people on the waitlist are cash customers too?

I'm not talking about the means of payment.

If someone said to a guide I want to buy 400 (for example) DVC points but I will only buy VGF and I don't care if I have to wait but I won't buy any other resort I will walk away instead. I'd be surprised if that closed wait list didn't open up. Especially since they do still have points.

It's not that they don't have points to sell, it's that DVD management won't let them sell. When a new resort opens, my guess is that they have to pay Disney back ASAP for the construction costs. Maybe they are only allowed to use PVB money to pay for PVB and the fastest way to do that is to only sell PVB.

:earsboy: Bill

With closed waitlists, I wonder if we will ever see a situation where resale costs MORE than direct. If you REALLY wanted VGF right now and weren't on the wait list (and couldn't get on), maybe you'd pay $170 for resale?

When I purchased SSR direct in June, they told me they had nothing in VGF and were not taking wait lists. My sales person knew I was a cash purchase, and still had nothing for me in VGF.

It made me feel better that at the time, I was waiting on estoppel on my VGF at $144/pp. Today, I'm waiting on a closing document from the seller then hopefully closing next week.

We bought some of, what I would presume, were the last VGF points back in April. I have since called back in June with a cash offer hoping to buy 50 to 70 more points and was denied. No attempt to sell my Poly. Simply was told VGF was sold out and the waitlist was too long. We are now looking into a second home resort as well instead.

I'm actually somewhat surprised that they are not buying back every VGF contract via ROFR right now to satisfy those on the wait lists...I wonder why?

I'm actually somewhat surprised that they are not buying back every VGF contract via ROFR right now to satisfy those on the wait lists...I wonder why?

I'm sure the spread has to be a certain amount to make it worth their while. Without any inside knowledge, just watching some limited ROFR data over the years, I would think the minimum spread must be at least $30/pt - probably more in some instances.

Because they can build points for $25-$30 each, giving them a margin of $140 each point. Why would they pay $145 to buy back points when they could only make $20 in them? They've got more overhead than that.

Why would they pay $145 to buy back points when they could only make $20 in them? They've got more overhead than that.
I agree. Keep in mind that when DVD turns around and sells those points to a direct purchase customer, it has to pay a commission to the Guides on each direct sale transaction. I don't know how much the standard commissioned rate is, but I would be surprised if it was not at least 10%, if not more. Plus, there other expenses associated with reacquiring and then selling underlying points. It would not surprise me if DVD needs at least a $50-$70 margin between the reacquisition price and the direct sale price to make it worthwhile to buy back the points.

According to the data I track on VGF sales, DVD had no more than 12,300 "unsold" VGF points as of July 23, 2015. Actually, the true number of unsold points is much less. My numbers are based on recorded sales, and there are probably several thousand points that have been sold but the deeds have not yet been recorded. As a point of reference, DVD's inventory of unsold BLT points has hovered around 2,000 points since the first of the year. DVD sells a few BLT points each month, but reacquires -- mainly through foreclosures -- a similar number of points each month, keeping the balance around 2,000 points. VGF is headed in that same direction.

I offered straight up cash for 230 points in the VGF - they tried to heavy hand on the Polynesian, which for me, is a no go, as they do not have one-bedrooms, albeit that is my favorite resort, a big let down. however, that said, I have harassed my Disney DVC sales person at least every week with questions on when VGF would open back up (wait list) and if they would take cash today. No go. I keep trying, so instead, I went for a resale, it is with Disney right now for review...wish me luck!

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. They should have built a large DVC building on the northern side of the GF (300+ units), right next to MK, with a little drawbridge walkway over the electrical water pageant canal connecting it to MK. GF villas, and walking to MK! They could have sold those points for $200 a point, and still raked in the cash faster than they could count it. But noooo, they had to build a tiny 100 unit building in the spa parking lot with no MK views, lol. Idiots, idiots, idiots.

I've been following these threads, knowing I was determined to buy GF, and that I preferred direct. Yes, all the sales people insist there are no points available, no clue when wait list will reopen, yada yada yada.

I insisted that I would buy nothing but GF, I wanted to buy today, and that I was confident they still had points available. My salesman was a little taken aback, but he investigated, and came back to tell me that Disney was down to 400 points available, only August (that was UY I wanted).

I bought direct today - but at $170/pt. Persistence definitely required - and likely larger contract for new member.

And my ultimate salesman was a sweetheart- the bassist for Off Kilter. He said the band still tours, but he wanted to stay with the company, so he's new to the DVC sales position. Very nice guy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter