How much is your 2012 Disney Vacation costing this year?

Our next "big" trip will be a month long stay...We're doing a split stay between the King Kamehameha suite at the Poly and Admiral Suite at the YC. We're doing 15 nights at each. The Poly stay will total $37,350 ($2490 per night). The YC stay will be $26,850 ($1790 per night).

We fly privately and that cost is $2000/hour, so roughly $12,000 for the total flight.

As for food, we have a "big" meal planned every other day. We are a family of 6. I'm thinking a rough estimate for food, maybe $350 per day to average out when we eat at character meals and when we don't....So, food costs is $10,500.

Our annual tickets are already purchased.

We also rent a vehicle, which will cost us about $4000 for the month.

So, total is about $100,000 on this trip once you add in souvenirs and other surprise costs. This is the first time we have EVER stayed this long and it will probably be the last time for a little while. I'm afraid my family will get bored being there so long, but it's something my husband and I have always wanted to do!!

I realize this is certainly not the "average" of what people spend at Disney on their vacations.

You have a awesome time!!! :)

We are staying at AoA for 6 nights/ 7 days - LK suite - $ 1750 (this will hopefully go down with a 30% military discount once rates are announced in Aug/Sept-ish)

5-day MYW tickets - $1240.00 (again, really hoping for a military promo once the current one expires to bring this down)

Dining plan for 3 adults and 2 children - $ 1150.00 (tips are in this price)
Would LOVE to get free dining but not betting on it.

Gas for the drive down and back - $500
Hotel going down and trip expenses - $200
Stroller Rental - $100
Spending/Shopping $$ - $1500 ( We are big shoppers. ;) )

This all comes down to about $6500. Which really isnt a bad deal for a family of 6.

There are 5 of us - 2 adults, 3 children

Flights - $660 out of Syracuse, cashed in points for 3 of the flights.
4 Nights - AKV-Jambo House, 1 Bedroom - $1200
3 Nights - OKW, 1 Bedroom - $870
5 day MYW - $1245
Dining Plan - $1090.00

Total $5065 plus spending money and misc. items.

OK so I had to add here...I notice a lot of people don't include "spending money" or money for "misc" items which can be quite significant.

I have to say I averaged our price fairly well but was still a way off according to my budget planner (thanks to thewdwplanner.com) <--AWESOME!!!

I would challenge you to see how close your estimate is to your actual spending, I'm fairly certain..even though I THINK I estimated accurately....I estimated too low. I can't be the only one..at least on this board ;)

Our trip last October (2011) costs us $7,000 for 10 days.

This upcoming trip in November will cost us just under $5,000 for 8 days.

We are staying a few less days and we are staying in a cheaper resort this time.

We got the free DDP.

8/30 - 9/4 at POR
2 adults
5 day tickets [no park hoppers :(]
Free dining
$1633
Souvenirs: $200
Gas: $150

Total: $1983

Last year's trip was around $2500 for 2 adults at the Pop century, dining plan, 8 day park hoppers. gas & souvenirs.

9/8/12 - 9/15/12 at CSR
2 Adults
Standard Room
Regular Dining Plan
8 day park hoppers
-------------------
~$2050

Airfare from Rochester is about $450 for the pair of us.

9 Days / 8 nights @ ASMovies - 2 Adults, 1 Teen
7 Day Park Hoppers
Free QS Dining - 1869.62
1 ADR @ O'Hana for breakfast (paying OOP) ~125.00
1 ADR @ Rainforest Cafe for lunch (paying OOP) ~50.00
1 ADR @ 1900 Park Fair for dinner (paying OOP) ~134.00
Misc $ for Tips, Mousekeeping - 79.00
Airfair - 784.80
Spending money ~ 1800.00
Preordered Photopass Plus - 169.99

Just over 5000.00...not too bad for 3 people for 9 days

Trip #1 (already passed) cost us $1680 for the room & dining plan for 2A & 2C - 4 nights/5 days with military discount.

Trip #2 - September will cost about $700 for hotel (with military discount). Food will be OOP.

Trip #3 - October will cost about $1300 for hotel (military discount is not currently available. If it does become available we will add it). Food will be OOP.

Our next "big" trip will be a month long stay...We're doing a split stay between the King Kamehameha suite at the Poly and Admiral Suite at the YC. We're doing 15 nights at each. The Poly stay will total $37,350 ($2490 per night). The YC stay will be $26,850 ($1790 per night).

We fly privately and that cost is $2000/hour, so roughly $12,000 for the total flight.

As for food, we have a "big" meal planned every other day. We are a family of 6. I'm thinking a rough estimate for food, maybe $350 per day to average out when we eat at character meals and when we don't....So, food costs is $10,500.

So, total is about $100,000 on this trip once you add in souvenirs and other surprise costs. This is the first time we have EVER stayed this long and it will probably be the last time for a little while. I'm afraid my family will get bored being there so long, but it's something my husband and I have always wanted to do!!

I realize this is certainly not the "average" of what people spend at Disney on their vacations.

Awesome vacation!!

Dec 1 - Dec 8
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Royal Guest Room - River View
Magic Your Way with Deluxe Dining $4238
Round trip Air Fare $884
Motel Night before flight $104
Tips $350
Fuel $50
Total $5627

Wow, that is going to be such a great time!

We booked a package:

6 nights at OKW in a 1 bedroom villa for 3 adults and 1 child in october
14 days ultimate park hopper pass with access to all parks, waterparks and Disney Quest
Free dining plan and free resort mug
150$ gift card
3.040$ total

I booked this package last november and got a 40% discount for the OKW villa.:thumbsup2

How were you able to get free dining AND 40% off at OKW? Thought it was one discount or the other?

We booked a package:

6 nights at OKW in a 1 bedroom villa for 3 adults and 1 child in october
14 days ultimate park hopper pass with access to all parks, waterparks and Disney Quest
Free dining plan and free resort mug
150$ gift card
3.040$ total

I booked this package last november and got a 40% discount for the OKW villa.:thumbsup2

We're going to WDW Sept 2-14, 2012. DH has a conference at the CR so we got the conference rate for approx $150/night so that's about $1800 for lodging (and DH's work pays for 1/2). :)

My boys are doing a YES class on 09/07/12 so we bought our 7 day PH with WP + more tickets through them....4 X $200 = approx $800. :thumbsup2

We are driving and DH will get reimbursed for mileage. So that just leaves food + souvies. :confused:

This is one of our cheapest trips ever due to DH's conference. Hoping it will be a great experience mixing work + pleasure. I am thinking it will cost us around $3500 or so for our part. :banana:

About $5,500 for two adults for two weeks. Staying at Pop with free dining upgraded to regular dining. Plus a rental car. :cool2:

How were you able to get free dining AND 40% off at OKW? Thought it was one discount or the other?

I booked through Disney UK, and this was a special offer. For european travellers they have special prices and tickets. The 14 days ultimate Disney ticket is only selling in UK.

So i got the free dining plan, 40% off for the resort and 15% off for booking before november 15th.:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter