How much is your 2012 Disney Vacation costing this year?

KELLY

DIS Veteran
Please only post if you want to. I just compared my 2011 vacation and we are paying more of course. But our biggest increase was airfare.

So list your dates, resort, Dining Plan, Tickets and air. Feel free to add anthing else.

Ours is for 2 adults and 2 disney kids
Date
8/24 to 9/3
11 Days at POP Standard room
7 Day MYW with WP&F
Free QSDP 2447.00
direct flights out of Manchester 1076.00

Total 3523.00

This don't count all our misc things like tips and trinkets. Last year we were under 3000.00. Went of the same amount of time and stayed in a value our air was only 600.00 for all 4 of us last year. Plus this year we added WP&F last year we had some WP left over from some non-expirey tickets we had.

$0 :confused3

I am not going this year :scared:

Personally I think your budget for this year looks pretty darn reasonable for 4 people and 11 days.

We generally spend a similar amount to what you have & will spend. We are now 4 Disney adults, which has caused my budget to expand a little.

Too much. I used to do comparisons from year to year but no longer because of DVC, don't go to the parks as much on certain trips, club level at other times, different times of years, etc.

Honestly, I wish I could do comparisons but my trips are so varied from year to year & even in the same year to do so. :/

6 nights at AoA
5 day park hoppers
Free QS dining upgraded to Dining
$2234 I think

4 ppl (2 kids)

Gas may be $250 or so (who knows what prices will be, currently we are at $3.40)

So that's about $2500. Adding in BBB and pirate league plus meals traveling, and clearance souvenirs I am stocking and ones we will buy I bet it will be $3k minimum.

Our first trip so I can't say if it's expensive!

I know once I put these numbers down, I'm gonna :scared1:
To be fair, our normal trips are 7 nights and at a value (or mod with free dining like last year).
This year, we're splurging in celebration of our 10 year anniversary :love: so,
2 adults, 2 children
10 nights WL Club Level and Plus Dining Plan w/40% discount=$4500.80
Annual Pass (purchase price $1928, but we are going again for the same amount of nights in April 2013, so cut the price in half for this trips worth...$964)
RT airfare from Manchester, NH $1204

Grand Total: $6,668.80. Yup, there it is :scared1: (not including souvenir money)

We are usually around $4000 for everything.

09/29 - 10/08 at POFQ (10 days)
8 Day park hoppers
Free dining but we upgraded to deluxe
-------$3,961.74
Airfare - $998.40

Total - $4,960.14 :scared1:

Last year we went for 8 days same resort and deluxe dining for under $4000:confused3

I saved 300.00

airfare round trip from here to aruba for 3 2 adults 1 child was over 2100.

but i got a bunch of one way tickets--
here to aruba.. aruba to MCO a weekend stop over to the world with 1 day ticket - the price was under 1800.

so for the price of airfare PLUS a weekend in disney with a one day ticket to the magic kingdom- I saved 300.00

Flights: $2500 (just booked them, awesome deal for Anchorage) for 4 (2 adults a 1 year old and 3 year old)
DVC room: Just our normal fees we'd pay anyways
Tickets: Holding out for a military discount otherwise $984 for 6 day parkhoppers
Food: $1400
Souvenirs: $300

$4700... Airfare hurts. I miss living in Florida already, haha.

A LOT!

I bought 10 day non-expiring tickets for the kids, an AP for me (last October) so not included, a ticket for DH, 7 nights at Kidani 2br PLUS a studio, and dining plan for 5 adults:

7500 dollars-ish (split the 2br point rental with my bro and SIL and paid for the studio alone, with TA discount) including flights for 6 (we have 1 under three). The flights were 1200 ish.

PLUS:

700 ish for 3 nights RPH club level at US, tickets for the kids approx 400 (I have a comp ticket)

so basically out of control. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

we will be there for 10 days.

Beach club in aug 5-12
7 days garden view
8 day hopper with one free visit to waterpark
regular dining
2 adults
1child
$3409 through special deal and block of rooms from travel agent

Pop March ( that past) 15th -22nd at pop 2 rooms 4adults with quick service 7 day hoppers

$1,900
drove down$ 400.00
grand total $2,300
( Had a huge Canadian discount from my travel agent

2 adults 1 inf asmusic sept 28- oct 6
$1583.00 free dining w/ upgrade reg. tix for 7 days
$200 for driving
________
$1783.00

plus halloween parties... and a special cake...

We are staying 6 nights at BC in August with dining plan for $3531 for 2 adults and 2 Disney adults
We are buying Premium APs and using them for this year and next year's vacation so half of that is $1384

That is a total of $4915
Last year the exact same trip during the same time of year cost us $5509 and we only had park hopper passes. So add the value of the wp&m option and we are saving even more!:woohoo:

For Five days/Four nights for two adults at Pop Century on July 11-15.

Rooming only $460 (Military Discount)
Two tickets at $138 each $276
Flights are $110 each $220 one way
Free Amtrak Roomette on the way home.

Before food and souvenirs: $956 total. Military discount helps greatly.

$0 :confused3

I am not going this year :scared:

Personally I think your budget for this year looks pretty darn reasonable for 4 people and 11 days.

We generally spend a similar amount to what you have & will spend. We are now 4 Disney adults, which has caused my budget to expand a little.

Last year I some how got air for all 4 of us for 615.00 nnn-stops. Plus we had wp tickets left over from some 10 day non-expirey passes we had. So just the air and the wP option is where most of the increase has come from. :)

We are going Oct 2-7 (2 adults)

5 nights at POFQ standard room
6 day park hoppers
DDP

$2100 (I am hoping this will go down if they offer Free Dining for Oct because we are booked at all rack rate prices right now)

R/T airfare on Delta from Louisville, KY

$480

I am stocking up on Disney Gift Cards every time I go to Kroger (they are doing 4X fuel points right now, so I may buy a few extra). I am planning to take around $500 in Gift Cards and just a little bit of cash for incidentals like airport food, etc.

Total - about $3100

Too much! We've been saving all year. Eleven days at YC CL lagoon view, 3 adults, airfare from Boise, Idaho, 10 day park hoppers, food, food, food, and a few souvenirs will come to seven grand. But.....we are going to have a grand time!!

7/8 - 7/14 2 adults a 13 year old and a 9 year old
AKL Arusha view w/Bunk beds - Deluxe dining plan...Military discount $3300

4 day park hopper tickets w/military discount - $672

Airfare - this is where it eats us up...3 flying into ATL from Phoenix on the 7th to meet up with the 4th person in our party - then 4 flying into Disney on the 8th - Total airfare $2200

We didnt go as a family last year so Ill do 2010 trip:
2 adults/2children/1 infant
6days/5 nights at the Poly CL 35% off PIN code
Reg DP
4 day park tix
flights from Baltimore for 5ppl $1200
=$4400

This year:
2 adults/2 kids(my parents will have our 13yo in their room and they are paying for her)
8 days/7 nights at POR in a RGR
7 day park tix w/ wp& more
DxDP
flights for 5 from Baltimore(some using SW points)$910
$5370 :scared1:
BUT if we get FD, itll save $929 so about the same as our last trip. I was thinking itll be with one less child but in 2010 our DD was only 2 and didnt count so its probably about the same with 2 extra days

I think I paid too much this trip cause we are going in June which is peak and I think I usually go in non-peak and get free dining lately, but with 2 people I'd rather have the 30% off on the Deluxe.
June 2-9, 2012
2 Adults
YC Garden View
8 day park hopper
Regular meal plan for the 8 days
Resort total: $3862.66
Jet Blue: $579.20
Grand Total: $4441.86

I have a $325 gift card from Disney Visa
$25 Disney gift card for Mother's Day gift from my son
Plus some cash if I need it. Hopefully I won't need more than that. I did already put aside $4.00 a day for Mousekeeping in a separate envelope too.

I think next time we'll go mod or value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter