• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much is your 2012 Disney Vacation costing this year?

Flights From Edmonton, AB, Canada - $2500
2 adults, 2 kids, 1 infant
Poly garden view 9 nights, DxDP, base ticket - 6100
AoA 2 nights no tickets, no dining (but an old no expiration park hopper) - $850
Gratuities - $1200
OoP meals $200
Magical extras $500
Spending $500

total - 11850 :eek:

The flights are the worst, we hope we can get a better price, but we'll have to book soon b/c by july they tend to go up again.

Hello fellow Edmontonian :goodvibes I was wondering, have you booked your flights yet? I too looked for deals for over a Yr.... And all those flights seem to do is go up and up!!!! I ended up booking our outbound flights with West Jet during a short sale they had for flights at $229 ea instead of the $289 they where sticking at forever! I booked our return flights home with Air Canada, with a 15% off pin I got in the email at Christmas! I am glad I booked when I did because our flights are now $2700 for the same times/dates! We managed to get 3 flights for around $1950.....crazy how they have doubled practically from 18 months ago! I hope you have Good luck with getting a good deal! :goodvibes

Hello fellow Edmontonian :goodvibes I was wondering, have you booked your flights yet? I too looked for deals for over a Yr.... And all those flights seem to do is go up and up!!!! I ended up booking our outbound flights with West Jet during a short sale they had for flights at $229 ea instead of the $289 they where sticking at forever! I booked our return flights home with Air Canada, with a 15% off pin I got in the email at Christmas! I am glad I booked when I did because our flights are now $2700 for the same times/dates! We managed to get 3 flights for around $1950.....crazy how they have doubled practically from 18 months ago! I hope you have Good luck with getting a good deal! :goodvibes

We haven't bought yet - but I'm watching closely - prices normally come down in a week or so for flying in Sept. Though if, in March, we'd known we were going we'd have purchased (our flights would have been $2000 for 4). In the past we've purchased at around 80 days out and found the lowest prices - so we'lls ee.

Oh and I buy through expedia - always cheaper than direct, even with sales.

The flights actually really haven't gone up in cost in the past 10 years. 10 years ago I paid $700 per person, now I pay between $400 and $650 per person (including taxes and fees). However the fees have gone up considerably. The biggest thing is to know when to purchase - often the farther out you purchase, the higher the cost - except for the occasional sweet deal. However even those sweet deals turn into less than desirable b/c they switch flights around so instead of having perfect times, you end up on the red-eye! :mad: I've spent a lot of time negotiating to get decent times back after they switch my flight - I will not pay more to keep the time I originally booked.

Oh and you're best bet is to avoid Toronto (and other Canadian cities) do customs in Edmonton for the best travel experience.

We haven't bought yet - but I'm watching closely - prices normally come down in a week or so for flying in Sept. Though if, in March, we'd known we were going we'd have purchased (our flights would have been $2000 for 4). In the past we've purchased at around 80 days out and found the lowest prices - so we'lls ee.

Oh and I buy through expedia - always cheaper than direct, even with sales.

The flights actually really haven't gone up in cost in the past 10 years. 10 years ago I paid $700 per person, now I pay between $400 and $650 per person (including taxes and fees). However the fees have gone up considerably. The biggest thing is to know when to purchase - often the farther out you purchase, the higher the cost - except for the occasional sweet deal. However even those sweet deals turn into less than desirable b/c they switch flights around so instead of having perfect times, you end up on the red-eye! :mad: I've spent a lot of time negotiating to get decent times back after they switch my flight - I will not pay more to keep the time I originally booked.

Oh and you're best bet is to avoid Toronto (and other Canadian cities) do customs in Edmonton for the best travel experience.

Well, our first trip we flew UNITED, 4 ppl for $900 approx. (Never flying United// US carrier again!) Then 2009 paid about $1200 for 4, with AirCanada , in $2011,paid about $350 PP, and this year(2012)paid about $650 PP.....so quite the jump for us! I dnt want to do the red eye this Yr, so we chose to fly West Jet into Toronto the night before, and then catch the next morning to arrive refreshed and at a decent hour in Orlando the next afternoon ( arrive at 1:12pm)..... I'd rather do this than wait 5 hrs in Toronto airport after a redeye!

Labor day weekend trip:

$1,774 for 2 Adults and 2 Children (8,16) at POFQ for 4 nights including 4 day park tix and free DDP.

Still pricing out airfare....do I buy now or should I wait?!!! Ugh it's driving me nuts!!!

So we didn't get any deals and we did alot of extras!! This was only our second trip. I tried to find deals but we were planning specific dates in April which seemed to be non-discounted and I couldn't get a pin no matter how many times I called!!!

Family of 4 - 3 Disney adults

Airfare $1077.6
Hotel at airport before departure $150
POR ROYAL GUEST ROOM 10 nights + 7 day base tickets $3518.12
Dining plan (1TS, 1QS, 1snack) $1696.40

Extras
- surfing at Typhoon Lagoon $600 (worth every penny!!)
- pirates & pals cruise $205
- hoop dee doo (pd OOP) $240
- ticket upgrade for WF+M $234.29 (fun but not likely a repeat)
- horse & carriage ride $50
- Surrey bikes $40 (? Approx.)

Tips, Souvenirs & other spending - estimate $1000

$8,811.41

We had a great trip, timing was what we could manage and we are blessed that we could afford this adventure! I do not look back with any regret! There are things we will do differently next time to make the trip less costly but this was worth it!:wizard:

I am not including our Garden Grocer order because we would have spent that money at home anyhow!

Next trip... We are going to purchase a Disney gift card and reload if needed to cover meals and tips etc. We did not feel the dining plan was worth the money spent! Unless it is free we will not do it again.

Well we had some unexpected pixie dust so here is our trip priced out so far:

8days/7 nights POR Royal Guest Room for 2 adults and 2 kids
8 day water park and more
DxDP -upgraded for FREE REG DINING :banana: :banana: pixie dust :banana:
$3535

Flights from BWI with points AND oop $791
spending money $1500
=about $5800 give or take.... yay!!!!! :yay: our last trip Poly CL was $5700 for 5 days

Well we had some unexpected pixie dust so here is our trip priced out so far:

8days/7 nights POR Royal Guest Room for 2 adults and 2 kids
8 day water park and more
DxDP -upgraded for FREE REG DINING :banana: :banana: pixie dust :banana:
$3535

Flights from BWI with points AND oop $791
spending money $1500
=about $5800 give or take.... yay!!!!! :yay: our last trip Poly CL was $5700 for 5 days

I know that feeling we just made the switch to a moderate. We also got FD and will be there for 11 days. Everyone thinks we are staying at pop. They have been asking for the past 2 years when we drive up at CBR to stay there.. I'm really happy staying at pop but I was glad I was able to make the upgrade.

Would have love to do a Royal room but we needed to do a standard room. Enjoy your room. :)

2 adults 4 kids bwv or bcv 8 nights and parkhoppers 2013 figuring 4,000 - 5,000

Here's the current breakdown for our trip August 16-25, 10 days- 9 nights at POR w/ Royal Room for 2 Adults, 2 Children:

Royal Room- Garden View $1700.00
Round trip airfare on Delta $1100.00
7 day Park Hoppers $1300.00
Character Meals/Buffets $850.00

We're at almost $5000.00. :eek: We still have a few more expenses.

Here's the current breakdown for our trip August 16-25, 10 days- 9 nights at POR w/ Royal Room for 2 Adults, 2 Children:

Royal Room- Garden View $1700.00
Round trip airfare on Delta $1100.00
7 day Park Hoppers $1300.00
Character Meals/Buffets $850.00

We're at almost $5000.00. :eek: We still have a few more expenses.

Once we add in spending money we will be about the same and we have FD. We have 11 days but didn't get PH option.

Unfortunately we didn't get Free Dining so we still have some dining expenses to factor in. We opted not to pay for the dining plan either and will pay OOP. I want to be able to choose where and what I want to eat without trying to make the DDP "worth it."

We booked through AAA for our package.
2 Adults & 2 boys(4 & 7)
Dec 8-15
Flights from Portland Oregon to MCO (About $1700)
7 Nights at Port Orleans Riverside in a Royal Room
Dining Plan (The one with 1 TS, QS and Snack/day)
7 day Park hopper tickets
Package total: $5,295

Add on MVMCP for us $241
Stroller rental $85
Spending money $400

There will be more (babysitter one night, maybe) Candlelight Processional Reserve seats.
Total so far $ 6,021

OK I think we got some good deals. We are a family of six, five Disney adults and one child. Arriving Oct 21, leaving Oct. 28.

RT plane tickets starting from Kansas city using some airline credits. $650

Seven nights, two connecting rooms at Pop, free QS dining upgraded to regular dining, 6 day PH tickets. $4234

Total $4884. Feel free to comment.

4 adults (DH,2 sons, and me) at Coronado. 5 nights/6 days. DP. Got 20% off resort and booked last March for flight through Southwest out of Midway, so no baggage fees.

Total is just over $3,400. We have paid more but always stayed the extra night and flew out of Madison, WI. But oldest son now lives close to Chicago and we can park our car for $5 a day at airport.

My hubby is very impressed with my "stalking this site" skills, and I am very impressed with Susan at Kingdom Magic Vacations (first time I went through a travel agent and she got us a better deal that I could have).:cheer2:

Nov 3 -10,
3 adults (think our 11yr old son is 'adult', can't remember) booked thru AAA

POR 7 nights garden view (not RR)
8 days PH tickets
Total: $ 2284

Misc.: gas (driving from PA, estimate: 7 billion dollars), La Nouba for 3, one day at water park for husband/son.
We don't really buy souvenirs (sp?), maybe $40 total for that.
The biggie is the food - hoping for FD but doubtful during our travel dates. If not, since we drive we can bring bf stuff and eat less. We will be the only people losing weight at Disney! Ha ha.:yay:

June 16 to the 23. Yes we leave next week.

2 adults and a 12 year old so a Disney adult.

Rented 2 bedroom condo at Liki Tiki Village for the week. $750
Three 7 day hoppers $1033
About $250 total on gas
We will eat 100% of our meals in the condo or restruants off site so maybe another $500 there
Maybe $100 on adult beverages
Maybe $200 on Disney clutter.
$100 for parking for the week.

Under $2,700 dollars.

I have been to Disney so many times since way before Epcot back when the Magic Kingdom was called Disney World. LOL And you had to buy tickets for the rides. I have learned not to eat on site. Way to high and not good at all IMO. I cant go when they have free dinning so that may change my mind if I could.

Also I would not use the buses even if I was staying on site. My wife and I just don't like them.

Anyway Pretty cheap for Disney in summer. Did I say we leave in a week. :dance3:

Man, I feel like i am missing something somewhere!

8 days, 7 nights @ BEach Club Villas-2 bedroom w/ park hopper. $7200.00
Airfaire for 5 from KC to Orlando was 1800.00
Rental car for the week (Jeep Grand Cherokee thru Alamo-this was my one good deal!) $260.00
Figure about $2000.00 for food and whatever else.

11,260.00!:eek:
Hoping for some sort of deals but none yet that fit our trip.

Oh Well. Its for my daughter (second trip) and two neices who have never been there. Can't put a price on great memories can you...

I was there April 28-May 4 with 2 friends, 1 bedroom at BWV.

I used my DVC points, so no direct room cost.
I used SW points to get a free airline ticket.
Bought AP - $446
Charged to room - $132
Cash spent - didn't keep track but probably around $100-$150 (group meals)
Parking at airport - $50

Sept.1-8th
4 adults 2 disney adults 1 child
2 rms at POP
FD
5 day MYW tickets

Plus gas from NC to Orlando

Planning on adding a water park day at end of trip. Not sure of cost yet.

Well I have some more concrete numbers now so..

2631.72 - 2 rooms at Pop 8 nights
Free Quick Service
1280 flights on Southwest with EBC
563 Universal stay for 3 nights
200 rental car (can likely get this lower)
500 for OOP food and miscellaneous
350 - tickets. We have AP's but we are upgrading a ticket for dd's friend and bought her universal tickets.

So that is a grand total of 5525.00 for 5 Disney adults (son is 8 but we asked and they allowed us to list him as 10 for the adult QSDP) for 11 nights. Not too shabby:)

Forgot to mention that since we won't be using the tickets that we had to get with the free dining, we'll be using them to renew our AP's next year. So really that's 750 towards a trip next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter