How much does it cost to pick a pearl at Epcot?

It costs around $15 to pick a pearl. The settings start at $10 and go up from there. You don't have to get your pearl set there though. If there is a line just wait around for a while and it will die off. The area gets congested when they are doing pearls. It is fun to watch.

I followed the advice on this board to pick the ugliest, hairiest oyster you can find, and I was rewarded with a gorgeous, 8 mm slightly pink pearl. I chose to have it set in a gold "cage" necklace, and the cage and chain cost about $100. There are cheaper settings, and silver is much less expensive if you want to go that route.

OOOhhh, I'm really getting excited to do this! I love that you can have them set on-the-spot. I think DD and I will both do it, and I am going to get the gnarliest oyster in that whole tank.

Thanks for the info, guys!! One more thing to truly get excited about for our upcoming trip!!!

Thanks. It is tradition to get a pick a pearl at Japan when we go. DS got me the cell phone charm and Boyfriend got me the ring. They picked the pearls and Boyfriend picked the settings. He had so much fun. That was his first Disney trip and I got him hooked!!

My girls just did this. DD4 got a 7.5 mm white one and DD7 got a 7.5 mm silver one!! They just picked randomly. We had them set together on a silver pendant ($42) and gave it to my MIL as her souvenir. It was fun to do something personal for her. Have fun and good luck picking!!

Thanks. It is tradition to get a pick a pearl at Japan when we go. DS got me the cell phone charm and Boyfriend got me the ring. They picked the pearls and Boyfriend picked the settings. He had so much fun. That was his first Disney trip and I got him hooked!!

Your pearls are beautiful! Were they both set there? I love the cell phone charm. I would love to get one for my daughter who won't be going us on our upcoming trip.

My older DS did this at Christmas for his "friend." :) Claims she's not his girlfriend, but I know better, lol!

Anyway, he got two -- they were very pretty, both more a champagne color. They didn't quite match, but they let him look at others the same size and color and let him trade out one of the ones he picked so they would look the same. He got them set into stud earrings, and they turned out very nicely. I think for the two pearls and the setting it was around $45-50.

ETA -- I forgot to add, he was going to buy two oysters at first, but they told him to wait and just buy one in case his first oyster had two pearls in it, as sometimes they do. I thought that was nice.

OMG I LOVE picking pearls! I have like 7 or 8 necklaces or something like that from my last 3 trips. I spent a ridiculous amount of money in the Japan Pavilion between the pearl counter and the Hello Kitty shelves :rolleyes:

There are some some really nice "cage" type necklaces on eBay for about $4.00 each. Just add a chain, and you have a beautiful necklace for not much money.

My DS did this for me last year for my b-day. He also picked the ugliest one in the tank - we got a 7.5mm champagne color pearl - it's beautiful. We had it set in the "cage" pendant with a diamond on it. It is lovely - I had a chain here at home that I put it on. It's fun - go ahead and do it!!! ;)

My DD & I have done this just about every time we have gone. We have a good collection of pearls. We have yet to get them set. We have gotten "twins" once. My DD has 12 and they range in size from 6 3/4 to 7 1/4 mm. One of hers in a blue/grey. I have 12 including the twins. One of mine is a creamy campagne colored. They range from 6 1/2 twins to 7 1/2 mm.

We are going to have some of the same size set as earrings. We have gotten the same size on the same visit. I can't wait to do this again on our next trip. Maybe I will splurge and get a setting for my birthday.

Ok can someone please fill me in on this??? I have NEVER heard about this ever and I have been to wdw 6 times.

It is $15 per pearl and you buy the pearl at any of the cashiers, not at the pearl station. Once you have purchased your pearl they give you a number.

I do this at least once every trip and the longest wait I've ever had was about 15 to 20 minutes. However the wait passes quickly as you get to watch every person pick their pearl.

I have 6 pearls. I've set one in a necklace that was about 7 1/4 mm (close to average size). Interestingly in Aug 2007 I got an 8mm pearl (a VERY large size) and then in Aug 2008 I got ANOTHER 8mm and had those 2 set in earrings. The others are unset. My favorite is a 7 1/4 mm silver blue pearl, the rarest type that makes up only 5% of the selection on average.

When you get a rare colour or a large size the staff at Japan's pick-a-pearl will play the drum and it alerts the whole store!

Its an awesome experience, one of my favorites in World Showcase, followed by Miyuki the candy lady :thumbsup2

This is alot of fun. Have done it on a few trips. The most memorable was on one of my Mom and Daughter weekends. I took my Mom in and had her do one. Well, by the end of the night, I had 2 matching rings for my Mom and I, a pair of earrings for my Mom and a charm for me. I couldn't stop. It was so much fun. Ever since, we always bring our rings on our Mother/Daughter weekends.

Thanks for the compliments. I love jewelery. They are a nice reminder of Disney that doesn't scream Disney.
The cell phone charm was $10. It can also be a charm for a bracelet.

The ring is white gold. My fave and was expensive. The rind without the pearl was around $200. I am very spoiled. I love my ring though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter