How much does it cost to pick a pearl at Epcot?

has anyone done this recently that can say how much they are now? I figure maybe they've gone up in a year?

I love the cinderella's coach cage on ebay... I think this is going to be my souvenir :)

has anyone done this recently that can say how much they are now? I figure maybe they've gone up in a year?

I love the cinderella's coach cage on ebay... I think this is going to be my souvenir :)

Can you send me a link to this? I'd love to think about one for DD for her first trip in November. Never mind...found one! :)

Mydaughter picked two perals this past March. She picked a rare one in Japan (silver) and I believe the cost was $15, plus a additional cost of $35 for a pendant. Her second one was more rare (Blue) and she picked this one out at Beach/Yacht Club on the boardwalk. The cost here was also $15 but they got us on the setting, she got it made into a ring with was an additonal $189 (yikes). I will take her back there next time, I think Japan is more reasonable on their settings!!!

As a note - there is a really LONG thread on here about the pearls also. In that thread people recommended coating the cages with clear nail polish. They are not super high quality & can tarnish or wear. But the clear polish evidently helps that situation considerably.

Here's the link I just used to order carriage pearl cages:

http://cgi.ebay.com/18K-WGP-PEARL-CAGE-25X25MM-CARRIAGE-/390301871213?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adfcdec6d

My MIL just decided she wants to come with us in May so I ordered three- one for me, DD and MIL. This will make a great souvenir for "us girls."

As a note - there is a really LONG thread on here about the pearls also. In that thread people recommended coating the cages with clear nail polish. They are not super high quality & can tarnish or wear. But the clear polish evidently helps that situation considerably.

Thanks and Thanks! Just ordered 2. How exciting this sounds to do. My DD7 will Love this!

MY DH is addicted to pick a pearl.. I have a necklace and a set of earring last yr he picked a gorgeous 8 mm golden pearl and then a smaller white pearl and they allowed us to upgrade to the same size and color of the other gold one!

This yr he is doing it for DD and Id love a ring..I wonder how much it is now since it was $56 in 2009

Mydaughter picked two perals this past March. She picked a rare one in Japan (silver) and I believe the cost was $15, plus a additional cost of $35 for a pendant. Her second one was more rare (Blue) and she picked this one out at Beach/Yacht Club on the boardwalk. The cost here was also $15 but they got us on the setting, she got it made into a ring with was an additonal $189 (yikes). I will take her back there next time, I think Japan is more reasonable on their settings!!!

I don't think it's so much that Japan is more reasonable, it's that their jewlery quality is more silver, or gold plated. I asked about a necklace when I was there in March. If it was 12k, 14k etc... and she said it was 14k PLATED gold - that's why they don't charge as much as say DTD. At DTD the jewlery is solid gold (it comes with a certificate of authenticity) so you are paying for the quality. I'm not saying that Japan has inferrior quality - just that if you want 14 or 24k gold then you will need to pay for it!

what is DTD?

had not heard of this! it sounds awesome! would appreciate the 411 on it. is Japan the only place? others? is there a pearl picking faq somewhere?

Omgosh, I love this! I had not been checking the boards recently due to a hectic schedule, but I am so glad I popped in because I had no idea about this! My step-daughters (will be 11 and 13) will LOVE this!

We did it for the first time ever this past Feb. It was great. DW and DD5 had a great time, picking the oyster and with the opening ceremony afterwards.

I totally recommend it.

Mx

I am so excited! Does anyone know if they will set it for you if you bring your own setting? Will it cost extra? Thanks!

I have never heard of this until reading the Dis Boards! I'm definitely going to look into it when we are there in November. :)

To the PP who mentioned the Cinderella coach cages on eBay. Thank you!!!:worship: My DD's just arrived today which was super fast and I LOVE IT! Sure she'll only be 2 for our trip and doesn't know who Cinderella is...but ONE DAY she'll appreciate that special souvenir from her first trip.

Another question: does anyone know if there are any body jewelry settings for the pearls? Specifically belly rings.

There was no belly ring jewlery in the Japan pavillion when I was there in March - maybe DTD? They have their settings in drawers and not on display so you could ask them.

I cost us $14 a few years ago when we tried it I believe. Then we got a necklace setting for around $30. My little brother had a blast, he picked a pearl with two inside. There are also some with pink and blackish pearls. Neat if the wait isn't too long. Depends on when and what time you go.

Just an FYI though our experience in Japan was better, they also do this at IOA!

We've done this twice (two necklaces http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums...luck. It's definitely a keeper in our family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter