How much does food cost on a Disney Cruise?

To the OP question of how much does food cost on a cruise? A lot!! But you pay for it up front as part of the cruise. I know I'm stating the obvious but I think it's funny how we think of the food as "free" after we paid several thousand dollars for it when we booked the cruise.

OK, carry on with the highjack in progress. :-)

~Mike

If you ask DD7 what her favorite part of the cruise is she'll tell you "the free food":rotfl2: DH & I tell her "you're 7 years old......all food is "FREE" to you::lmao:. & BTW it's not free! Just paid for in advance!:laughing:

* I love the Wine Glass Idea....Will use that

* We have taken alchohol on but not beer

* We take our Magic Bullet for those that dont know it is a self contained blender very small...Go up to deck and get all sorts of goodies to make our own drinks in the room. We just add the alchohol.
(like , ice,ice cream. fruit,coffee, etc)

never thought about bringing my MB....will make sure that it is added to my list next cruise. :thumbsup2

I think what they are saying is.....The servers you have for dinner dont just do dinner service.

All the workers on the cruise do MANY things.

So your server at dinner may be in Topsiders at Lunch wiping tables or filling food.
While my server at dinner may be at Goofys Galley serving pizza for lunch.

The workers usually work 12 + hours a day and obviosuly dinner service isnt that long.

Big understatement!! If you read on the DCL employment website, servers work a MINIMUM of 84 hours a week, 7 days a week, for 6 months. There are times when they will have a "shift" off, but never a full day.

Big understatement!! If you read on the DCL employment website, servers work a MINIMUM of 84 hours a week, 7 days a week, for 6 months. There are times when they will have a "shift" off, but never a full day.

Actually if you mutiply 12 hours a day....which i stated they worked a day by 7 days a week that is 84 hours a week.

SO NOT SUCH A BIG UNDERSTATEMENT.

I do believe that when they are off they do get the whole day off...As that is what our server told us on our last cruise.

At any rate.....i normally work that much and i dont get any tips!!!
Yes there are other industries where peoplework 12+ hours a day.

And on my days off from that job i take care of my home for more than 12 hours those days......

I know these people work hard and amke us sooooo happy, But i ponder why we make it out to be a horrendous job worse than any other.

They do know the drill before they take the job.

ALTHOUGH i am a GREAT TIPPER not just on the cruise but everywhere!

Actually if you mutiply 12 hours a day....which i stated they worked a day by 7 days a week that is 84 hours a week.

SO NOT SUCH A BIG UNDERSTATEMENT.

I do believe that when they are off they do get the whole day off...As that is what our server told us on our last cruise.

At any rate.....i normally work that much and i dont get any tips!!!
Yes there are other industries where peoplework 12+ hours a day.

And on my days off from that job i take care of my home for more than 12 hours those days......

I know these people work hard and amke us sooooo happy, But i ponder why we make it out to be a horrendous job worse than any other.

They do know the drill before they take the job.

ALTHOUGH i am a GREAT TIPPER not just on the cruise but everywhere!

Oh gosh, I certainly didn't mean to be offensive. My comments were really just about how hard the wait staff works and weren't about you or your job at all. I see it as being a bit tougher, although not "horrendous", because they have limited access to family, live in a very confined space and don't have the option of taking a day off. (I get this information from the DCL employment website) And again, their work week is a MINIMUM of 84 hours. Of course it is a choice and the servers I met sure seem to enjoy their jobs and they were all on at least their 2nd contract.

I'm sorry you took my comment so personally.

NP.... Its all good.........I am chillin in my recliner watching the Gator Bowl.

ALL IS GOOD:thumbsup2

Really......Well we are Florida Residents that have a long line of WVU Graduates.

I currently have family at the game wearing blue and other family wearing the garnet and gold. I have to say the opening was very emotional when Chief Osceola gave the spear to Bobby. While I'm still hoping for an FSU victory, I'm feeling more than a tad big of anger over then handling of Bobby.

It's a much better game than I was expecting it to be.

BTW, I'm a Floridian at heart. We lived in the panhandle area our whole lives then came to WV (via DC) about 6 years ago.

WV via DC You must live somewhere close to wear i was raised.

I was raised in Martinsburg WV

And we currently reside in FOrt Lauderdale

It was a good game....My Son was there with his girlfriends family...I am sure they are crying right now...A 14 hour drive for a loss has to suck!

Just want to add that if you go to Palo (adults only) there is an additional fee per couple (nominal) plus tip. I believe that Palo is a do not miss destination for couples.

You do not need to be a couple to go to Palo. You must be at least 18 years old. The fee is currently $15 per person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter