• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Much Did I Pay For This Self Inflicted Fun? A Wigdout trip report.

I'm here.... I hope I'll be able to keep up!! 11(or more??) pages in 2 days??:faint:

I stayed at Kidani.... and I swear it was 2000 steps from the lobby to our room!
But! Since you are only going from the elevator... I will officially guess 36. I know our room was VERY close to an elevator... but without a car...it did us no good at all LOL!!

Paula

[
So I want to hear some comparing... likes dislikes of AKV and BC, will I get that friend? My family is already asking me where we are staying when we take my parents, and I am curious to your ideas. I secretly hope you liked AKV... although I know you love BC!
I'll give you my opinion for sure!
I took pictures of the villa.
Took pictures of the savannah view.
When you go with your parents will you stay in a large unit? You know there is no counter service at Kidani, but the kitchen is great for a quick breakfast!
Will you be driving?
It can be a long haul to your room, not saying if it was for us though.....:rolleyes1
But if you've read Happydog's posts and we had a friend that stayed there (with a car) and they were down at the very end....
It's very cool there.
I'll stay there again.
I can understand why Jackie loves it so much.
But, the Beach Club is just more my style. To me, it's just prettier.
I'm fortunate that I can experience both worlds.
I know, no help at all.
Baylor did give the pool a two thumbs up though!
But he is also a Beach Club boy if given the choice....

Another thought...
Master bedroom...
Kidani wins hands down! walk out balcony, beautiful room!
Master bath....
Kidani wins hands down! It's ginormous you could fit another bed in there!
Living room, dining room and kitchen, Beach Club it's prettier but, Kidani has the walk out balcony...
We've never had the second bedroom at Beach Club but I'd imagine that Kidani would win this one too. The flat screen TV s and walk out balconies were awesome as well as the room decor. Beach Club's bedrooms are a bit dated....
But the resort beauty is to die for! The common areas are gorgeous! Storm Along Bay is unbeatable!

We also want my cousin to do a Disney Destination wedding.... that was part of our big push this Christmas. His girlfriend loves Disney (I have not met her yet) and they are headed there for her birthday in Jan.
Where are they staying?

[/Always looking for a trip to the World I guess!
Always, there would be something drastically wrong we weren't!:cutie:

I am a teacher and can only go during the summer. In my district we aren't allowed to put personal days against vacations. :sad2: I also fly in from the west coast so a long weekend isn't worth it. I do two weeks during the summer to get my fix in and then we go to Disneyland at Christmas. :lovestruc
We can't add personal days to paid holidays either, but we can add them to our comp day for conferences. It makes for a rather quick trip though leaving on a Friday and coming home on Tuesday...that gives us half of Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday in the Parks before an early morning flight home on Tuesday.
I'm so hoping to do this in October!

What grade to you teach?
I didn't even know this had started!

Okay here now.
I've been waiting for you.....
Now I need your guess....

Nope You didnt, BUT I might have a unfair advantage knowing how your check in went and other details of the trip.And as party of the family I am disqualified. :goodvibes
If I hadn't said it before I'll say it now..
You are such a good girl!
:hug:
Oh my goodness. I get behind on my own PTR and you've got 5 pages just since you posted the question!

132 is my guess.....

Feel free to stop by by PTR and help me out with my AK dining dlimena!

:rotfl:
I'll be right over....
however I might not be of much help.
I've got you down for 132 steps.

:rotfl2: the main elevator, huh? Are you going to post any of your savannah view pictures before January 6th, by any chance? ( Can you tell I really want to win this? )

I am going to reserve my guess until the end of the contest, but you KNOW what I am thinking!!!!!!!
I know exactly what you are thinking....;)
I do need to get this trip report started. There are pictures of the view. I'm just not sure they will be posted in time for you to use them to your advantage.....
:lmao:
I want to get in on the fun :goodvibes

I am going to say 15 and if that is taken put me down for 16 :thumbsup2

I am so excited to read your trip report I love pictures of Disney at Christmas time!
Thanks for playing with us! The closest I can give you is 19, the low numbers are going fast. Let me know if you want it.:goodvibes
Geeze! It took me like a day to get behind on your TR!!!

Hmmm, how many steps?! Well, I know one person said that if it were too many you wouldn't have counted. Which makes sense but I know some pedometer have a step counter. My gut tells me to say 101, like in Dalmations!!

I remember our walk from the lobby of Jambo House to our room back in 05! :scared1: I swear to you it felt like it was a 1/2 mile!!!

Everytime someone mentions Kidani I get a little flutter of excitement!!! 9 more days!!!!!!
I'll just bet you are giddy with anticipation! I'm excited for you!
101 is already taken however, would you like to have 102? Let me know so I can get it recorded.....
I have your name with no number at the moment!

spanking.jpg

"You can't make me have fun in Disneyworld!"
Wow, that looks just like us!
You are SO going to enjoy Kidani! I have only visited there, but I want to stay there some time, too! We have been to Sanaa a few times (3!) and loved the animal viewing area and the Lobby! Way cool!

But those corridors are MILES long....

WIGD -- we parked as soon as we got into the gate at Kidani Village for dinner at Sanaa -- not aware that the lobby and the restaurant were on the OTHER side :laughing: So we ended up walking inside the building vs. in the sweltering heat!
I don't blame you for walking inside, we never made it to Sanaa so I don't even know where it was located. Is it near the main lobby?
Did you happen to count your steps?
:lmao:
I understand your worries. I stopped teaching for a few years and we went to Disney twice in January. Now that I am back to work we have to travel during vacations and I was concerned about it. My district doesn't allow me to take personal days near vacations or more than 3 in a row so that makes off season or long weekends almost impossible. We went last June and yes, it was HOT and more crowded but surprisingly, both DH and myself commented that we had more fun! So it is definitely doable!
By the way-I see you are from Southeast Virginia....I am in Suffolk-where are you?
We can't do more than 3 personal in a row either....
Even though it's hot, I love my late May, early June trips.
:lovestruc

I think the bus experiences could drive our decision. I know I feared at CSR that we were far from MK, but it never seemed that long on the bus. I know AK is not much farther than CSR. The idea of walking to EPCOT or HS would really appeal to my parents and us too. Glad you liked AKV though... we could be stuck there. I pretty much rule out any other place for 2011 other than BC or AKV... although going back to the WL is tempting. I guess getting my hopes up is crazy too, but since I had such great luck at the 7 month window this time I won't ever not feel that it is worth a try.

Did you miss the CS? We would for sure eat breakfast in room. I am interested too in what Brooke had to say since she was at AKV too over the holidays.

I am in Newport News! Just a hop, skip, and a jump away-or a bridge-tunnel! ;) I have been to WDW in January, February, and October. Surprisingly, the first October trip was the coldest! The second October trip was HOT. We are thinking of going in August this year. The heat I am not so worried about. The crowds I am. I am interested to read this TR to see how much was accomplished!

Oh wow, you are almost neighbors!
This is not the normal trip for us with everyone including a baby along....
There were crowds...

With the right touring plan you can get it all done!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Douglas Adams!!!!

So long and thanks for all the fish!
I need to know more about this man...
Is he the Oprah guy?

The real question I have is.... are you Christmasing at Disney next year.... and what is the size of your traveling party?

I'm here.... I hope I'll be able to keep up!! 11(or more??) pages in 2 days??:faint:

I stayed at Kidani.... and I swear it was 2000 steps from the lobby to our room!
But! Since you are only going from the elevator... I will officially guess 36. I know our room was VERY close to an elevator... but without a car...it did us no good at all LOL!!

Paula
Hi Paula, let's make this clear.....
I'm talking about the main elevator, the lobby elevator...
Isn't this thread just crazy?
Woot! I'm having a great time! I can't wait to award the prize! It just needs to arrive in one of the boxes I shipped home....
I have you down for 36 steps but if you want to change that guess based on the information I just gave you feel free!
:goodvibes;):laughing:
I'm happy with 14 steps. I should have checked before I guessed. Dooh!
I have it!
I think the bus experiences could drive our decision. I know I feared at CSR that we were far from MK, but it never seemed that long on the bus. I know AK is not much farther than CSR. The idea of walking to EPCOT or HS would really appeal to my parents and us too. Glad you liked AKV though... we could be stuck there. I pretty much rule out any other place for 2011 other than BC or AKV... although going back to the WL is tempting. I guess getting my hopes up is crazy too, but since I had such great luck at the 7 month window this time I won't ever not feel that it is worth a try.

Did you miss the CS? We would for sure eat breakfast in room. I am interested too in what Brooke had to say since she was at AKV too over the holidays.
We really didn't miss the counter service, and we could have hopped a bus over to Jambo to eat at Mara anytime.
Marc said that a couple of the parks did seem a little far to him but he couldn't recall which ones the were and he never minds the rides anyway.
It's me that complains....
We had great service at the resorts and the parks. Much better than we have had at Saratoga.
Don't feel like you are going to get stuck staying there. I think you will enjoy it very much.
I know how your parents feel though, staying at Beach Club is so convenient love the IG and the boat to DHS....
Not crazy about the bus service to Beach Club though....lots of stops.
Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, yada, yada, yada.....:laughing:
I guess nothing is perfect on all counts.

I've seen you post on loads of TR's so thought I'd come and read yours :goodvibes

My guess is 137 :)

There were crowds...

/QUOTE]

We are neighbors! My DH works at Northrup Grumman right there in NN! My dad lives in Newport News as well. You know, it's a small world after all...:rolleyes1

Seriously, I totally agree with Anita. With the right touring plan, you can get it all done no problem. At least I am counting on that for spring break:rolleyes:

The real question I have is.... are you Christmasing at Disney next year.... and what is the size of your traveling party?
Oh yes we are! The number will be much smaller, much, much, smaller.....
Are you all thinking of going at Christmas too?

I've seen you post on loads of TR's so thought I'd come and read yours :goodvibes

My guess is 137 :)
Hi Jo! Thanks for coming over! It's just crazy over here! I've got you down in the official record keeping book at 137 steps!
This is fun! Can I guess 312 steps?

I'm glad you are having fun, I am too! This thread is sure keeping me on my toes! I have you down for 312 steps!

Anita-any pics of the Goldendoodle? I love seeing furbabies:goodvibes Sorry if you posted his name and if I missed it...

There were crowds...

/QUOTE]

We are neighbors! My DH works at Northrup Grumman right there in NN! My dad lives in Newport News as well. You know, it's a small world after all...:rolleyes1

Seriously, I totally agree with Anita. With the right touring plan, you can get it all done no problem. At least I am counting on that for spring break:rolleyes:

We were there last year for our spring break (mid March) and it was super crowded but the weather was awesome!
We got everything done!
Took advantage of fast passes, made sure we got the next one as soon as we could and even stock piled them.
Got to the parks early.
Avoided morning EMH parks....
When are your dates?

I think I'll keep my 36:goodvibes

only plus to the 2000 steps we had... our view was terrific! And completely different than the overlook:thumbsup2 Worth the walk!

Anita-any pics of the Goldendoodle? I love seeing furbabies:goodvibes Sorry if you posted his name and if I missed it...

Yes, we have taken some pictures of him. We named him Hunny Pot! What lover he is! :love:
I'll get them up loaded and post them!
I feel like Jackie with this big dog laying around the house!:rotfl:

Anita! We had thought of a Golden Doodle as well. I would love to see a pic!

And....I have been spelling Marc's name with a K not a C - got it right finally! Sorry Shocker!

Just put Chapter one up on mine...hopefully will get to Chapter 2 tom! :worship:

Here's our Hunny Pot!

561.jpg

Can you tell how large he is?
EEEEK, I need some serious help with that coffee table!

565.jpg

I think he likes wearing those ears!:goodvibes

567.jpg

Awwww, Hunny Pot is too cute!!

I'm interested to see who makes the cut for next year's Christmas. Remember, I'm always available for adoption. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter