How Many Times Did I Meet Pluto This Trip? A Dec Solo TR - New TR Link 11/30!

There is so much to love about Celebrate the Magic, but seeing Walt on that castle is the ultimate I think. It always brings a tear to my eye.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah I dealt with a TON of rain in September including the first part of MNSSHP. But it's also September. But there is something just flat out wrong about rain for MVMCP somehow even more so than MNSSHP. I don't know why. I am so sorry this happened to you. I know no one needs an excuse to go to a party, but if you did, you certainly have a good one.

Haha, I don't know why that made me chuckle with a knock and then just leave the sign on the door. I guess as long as they knocked before hanging the sign, it's ok since you weren't technically in Do Not Disturb mode yet.

OK, now I want a meet and greet with the toy soldiers and reindeer more than ever.

Awww, I absolutely love the Christmas outfits of all the characters!!! So darn cute! :cutie:

I agree about your assessment of drinking hot cocoa - it's so much better when it's actually cold out! :laughing:

Isn't making friends at Disney great?! So happy you got to help each other out with capturing the Big Al pictures - which are great by the way!!!

OH NO!!!!!!!!!! You really weren't kidding with your chapter titled "The Bad Half..." - so sorry to hear that! I guess you'll have to get back for another party sometime in the future. ::yes::

I'm so glad you got to see the 7 Dwarfs. Truthfully, we've seen them twice at Christmas, and they don't spend a lot of interaction with anyone. I am sure it is because they are such a popular one and they try to get through as many people as they can. And so happy you got to see Big Al.

What great pictures of the Castle show, but so very, very sorry that it poured and everything else was cancelled. :(

And yay for a Do Not Disturb Sign.

I love your shirt.

I love your bag.

I love your picture with the dwarfs and Big Al!

Now back to read the rest.

Last edited:

Oh - total BOO to the rain. That really stinks.; You truly did have a great viewing spot. UGH - total bummer. You are really a trooper for hanging out as long as you did, but sometimes the cold and wet are too much.

I almost forgot - I love the party pins.

Did you see the prices of the MVMCP for this year??? :faint: I was thinking of maybe going, but we are only there 4 days and the price is just too high.

Your spot was great - what wonderful pictures of Celebrate the Magic!

What a horrible end to your evening - no fireworks AND no parade?! :headache: I'm sorry that your evening ended so badly. :worried:

I'm glad you finally got your "Do Not Disturb" sign!

My daughter and I were there that night also. We were so bummed that we didn't get to see the second parade. We had skipped the first one in lieu of some character meet and greets. We stayed there till about midnight. Glad you got to see the characters you had hoped for.

oh no... Just no...
DAMN RAIN! i totally understand and can feel your pain about the rain in Disney..

So.. I think November you should do the party in November..

Ugh!! I can't believe it rained out your MVMCP night!! I'm glad you got to see Big Al though :) and can't believe the rain stopped when you arrived back at your resort. Isn't that always the way it goes?! Boo!! Hopefully you got lots of rest that night.

Hey there! So sorry it's been so long since I've stopped in. I don't have time to read everything I've missed, but will try to catch up later. We are heading to Virginia tomorrow morning and taking our grandson Miles to Disney the next day. We take each grandchild when they turn 5. Miles was 5 in September, but he didn't want to get on a plane. He says he's okay with it now, so I really hope he does well with it.

I read on this page about the rain for your MVMCP. What a huge disappointment. That's so much money to spend just to have everything cancelled! So sorry that happened. Whenever we buy our tickets for that or MNSSHP, I wonder if the weather will be okay. It's a total crap shoot, that's for sure. Sounds like Mo is lobbying pretty hard for you to make up for it in November…she is a total blast to be around and her family is Adorable!! You should go if you can. I don't believe you're not going again until 2017. Are you getting burned out?

Okay, I really need to get some sleep. It's a 6 hour trip to Virginia and I have to stay awake to backseat drive. Dan calls me his nagagator. lol
Have a great week and I'll try to post on Facebook while we are there. Take care.

Just joining in! I'm all caught up now. I love, love, love reading solo TRs!

It sounds like you had a really successful night meeting some rare characters! I'm sorry Wishes and parade were plagued with rain.

I love the Mickey earrings! Very cute.

Excited to read about the rest of your trip!

Hi everyone! I had a wonderful time with my Mom and brother. We did a few museums and other stuff. I did take some pictures but am really busy at work right now so no time to upload and post them today. I do have an update written for this TR so I thought I would go ahead and post it for you. I'm of course way behind on everyone else's TRs and I'm not sure when I will get a chance to get caught up. I have a total of 25 budget meetings over the next three weeks!

On a less pleasant note, my dog Eddie got sick while my Mom and brother were here. Turns out he had a large mass attached to his spleen. He had emergency surgery on Friday to remove the mass and his spleen and then spent two days in doggie ICU. Thanks to my wonderful vet and the pet insurance we have, he is now home and on his way to recovery. We are still waiting to find out if the mass was cancerous or not but should find that out any day now.

Love your Celebrate the Magic pictures!!

Wow, I'm so sorry the rain ruined everything :( I would've been so dissapointed if I had to miss the castle show and parade. I don't blame you for just wanting to leave after that.

I'm glad you got that Do Not Disturb sign!

I definitely think you need a MVMCP re-do sometime in the future so you can fully enjoy it!

I was so bummed that it rained that night and I missed the parade and castle show. I was really looking forward to the stage show because Pluto is featured. I do hope to get a redo some day.

That was a great spot. That really sucks that it started pouring and they cancelled the parade.

Good thing you got that do not disturb sign.

I have never done any of the disney parties, I'd love to do them at least once.

It was definitely a disappointing second half to the night. I've done both parties now and while they are fun, they can also be a little stressful because there is just not enough time to do everything.

Such horrible luck with the rain -- I fully endorse the going again idea. I went this past year and even without the rain spoiling half the party, I still feel like I need to go back.

I definitely want a do over someday, just not sure when that will be.

I definitely think you need a re-do so you can see the parade.

Great spot and lovely pictures of the castle. Glad you got that Do Not Disturb!

Yes I'm going to do it again someday! It was a perfect spot and I was so disappointed when the rain ruined the rest of the night.

There is so much to love about Celebrate the Magic, but seeing Walt on that castle is the ultimate I think. It always brings a tear to my eye.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah I dealt with a TON of rain in September including the first part of MNSSHP. But it's also September. But there is something just flat out wrong about rain for MVMCP somehow even more so than MNSSHP. I don't know why. I am so sorry this happened to you. I know no one needs an excuse to go to a party, but if you did, you certainly have a good one.

Haha, I don't know why that made me chuckle with a knock and then just leave the sign on the door. I guess as long as they knocked before hanging the sign, it's ok since you weren't technically in Do Not Disturb mode yet.

OK, now I want a meet and greet with the toy soldiers and reindeer more than ever.

The Walt scene is a favorite of mine too followed closely by the lanterns from Tangled.

I was so sad when I had to miss the second half of the party due to the rain. But I definitely plan on going back someday for another go around.

Oh, that would be fun to meet the reindeer and toy soldiers!

Awww, I absolutely love the Christmas outfits of all the characters!!! So darn cute! :cutie:

I agree about your assessment of drinking hot cocoa - it's so much better when it's actually cold out! :laughing:

Isn't making friends at Disney great?! So happy you got to help each other out with capturing the Big Al pictures - which are great by the way!!!

OH NO!!!!!!!!!! You really weren't kidding with your chapter titled "The Bad Half..." - so sorry to hear that! I guess you'll have to get back for another party sometime in the future. ::yes::

The characters we so cute in their Christmas gear!

I'm not sure why I even got the hot chocolate that night, I knew I wouldn't drink it all but I guess since it was free I felt the need to get some.

I was so relieved that my friends showed up to take pictures. I'm sure I would have found someone to do it but it was nice not having to ask around.

Nope, wasn't kidding about how bad the second half of the party was. Someday I will make it back.

I'm so glad you got to see the 7 Dwarfs. Truthfully, we've seen them twice at Christmas, and they don't spend a lot of interaction with anyone. I am sure it is because they are such a popular one and they try to get through as many people as they can. And so happy you got to see Big Al.

What great pictures of the Castle show, but so very, very sorry that it poured and everything else was cancelled. :(

And yay for a Do Not Disturb Sign.

I do think it is because they want to get so many people through the line and with seven of them, hugs all around would take a lot of time.

It was definitely a sour end to the night with all the rain.

I love your shirt.

I love your bag.

I love your picture with the dwarfs and Big Al!

Now back to read the rest.

Thanks, both my shirt and bag were custom made by friends.

I was really happy to finally get my picture with Big Al!

Oh - total BOO to the rain. That really stinks.; You truly did have a great viewing spot. UGH - total bummer. You are really a trooper for hanging out as long as you did, but sometimes the cold and wet are too much.

I almost forgot - I love the party pins.

Did you see the prices of the MVMCP for this year??? :faint: I was thinking of maybe going, but we are only there 4 days and the price is just too high.

It really did stink for the rest of my night.

I was happy to find an exclusive Pluto pin!

I really haven't looked at the prices because I don't see any chance of making it back there this year. I'm guessing they must have gone up quite a bit?

Your spot was great - what wonderful pictures of Celebrate the Magic!

What a horrible end to your evening - no fireworks AND no parade?! :headache: I'm sorry that your evening ended so badly. :worried:

I'm glad you finally got your "Do Not Disturb" sign!

I was pretty happy with the CTM pictures.

Well I did get to see the fireworks but watching them in the rain was no fun. I was getting water in my eyes so I had to pull the hood of poncho over my eyes which didn't make for the best viewing.

My daughter and I were there that night also. We were so bummed that we didn't get to see the second parade. We had skipped the first one in lieu of some character meet and greets. We stayed there till about midnight. Glad you got to see the characters you had hoped for.

I did the same thing as you guys, prioritized the meet and greets over the first parade. I really wanted to stay but I was just too cold and wet by the time the 2nd parade was cancelled.

oh no... Just no...
DAMN RAIN! i totally understand and can feel your pain about the rain in Disney..

So.. I think November you should do the party in November..

I really, really wish I could come this November for a do over but it's not looking good at all. :sad: We just have too many other expenses like new windows that need to take priority this year.

Ugh!! I can't believe it rained out your MVMCP night!! I'm glad you got to see Big Al though :) and can't believe the rain stopped when you arrived back at your resort. Isn't that always the way it goes?! Boo!! Hopefully you got lots of rest that night.

I was definitely happy to meet Big Al but the second half was pretty crappy.

Hey there! So sorry it's been so long since I've stopped in. I don't have time to read everything I've missed, but will try to catch up later. We are heading to Virginia tomorrow morning and taking our grandson Miles to Disney the next day. We take each grandchild when they turn 5. Miles was 5 in September, but he didn't want to get on a plane. He says he's okay with it now, so I really hope he does well with it.

I read on this page about the rain for your MVMCP. What a huge disappointment. That's so much money to spend just to have everything cancelled! So sorry that happened. Whenever we buy our tickets for that or MNSSHP, I wonder if the weather will be okay. It's a total crap shoot, that's for sure. Sounds like Mo is lobbying pretty hard for you to make up for it in November…she is a total blast to be around and her family is Adorable!! You should go if you can. I don't believe you're not going again until 2017. Are you getting burned out?

Okay, I really need to get some sleep. It's a 6 hour trip to Virginia and I have to stay awake to backseat drive. Dan calls me his nagagator. lol
Have a great week and I'll try to post on Facebook while we are there. Take care.

Oh wow, I think you might be there right now! Or maybe already home since it's been a while since I've been on this TR. I hope you are having (or had) a wonderful trip and Miles did great on the plane.

I do think that a lot of people stood in line and got rain checks for parties later in the week. I did think about doing that but I had plans I was looking forward to the rest of the week and did not want to change them to fit in a 2nd party.

Just joining in! I'm all caught up now. I love, love, love reading solo TRs!

It sounds like you had a really successful night meeting some rare characters! I'm sorry Wishes and parade were plagued with rain.

I love the Mickey earrings! Very cute.

Excited to read about the rest of your trip!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in and glad you are enjoying the TR so far!

I did get in some great meet and greets so the night wasn't a complete waste.

Those Mickey earrings are quickly becoming my favorite pair. I wear them all the time.

Christmas Shopping at DTD Part 1

On Wednesday, December 3, 2014 I finally got to sleep in a bit! I honestly don’t think I have ever done that at WDW but with an 8 day trip it was kind of necessary. I didn’t get out of bed till 9:30 and it was almost 11:30 when I left the room. It really doesn’t take me that long to get ready, I was just very lazy that morning.

I caught a bus within 10 minutes and was at DTD by noon. Since I had gotten up so late, breakfast had been later also so I wasn’t hungry yet. I decided to hop on the water taxi and take it over to the West Side and work my way back towards the buses.

Pictures while I waited for the boat and on the trip over to the West Side. I know the clouds looked ominous but it didn’t rain at all this day.

I know some of these construction photos are pretty out of date and pointless but I’m posting them anyway.

Once I got off the boat, I headed to the one store on the West Side that I wanted to shop at, D Street.

I got side tracked by the food trucks but they were not open yet.

At D Street, I bought some Duffy Vinyls.

And also finally found some of the Big Hero Six blind boxes.

When I opened them later that night, I got Fred and Baymax both of which I needed for my set.

I traded for one Vinyl that I saw in the clear case. I just had to have this one since it was Big Al!

And for Jim, I bought a Star Wars t-shirt. I think he has just as many Star Wars t-shirts as I have Disney ones. Well, maybe not quite that many.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Christmas Shopping at DTD Part 2

My next stop was supposed to be the Characters in Flight balloon but sadly it was too windy that day and the balloon wasn’t flying. Instead, I headed on towards Pleasure Island.

When we were there in February, most of these construction walls were gone.

Poor Raglan Road was actually cut in half. You couldn’t go in front of the building at all so the entrance to the restaurant was on one side.

And the bar and counter service on the other.

I was now getting hungry so I headed straight to WPE for some yummy pizza!

And yes, I did eat every bite of that. Next I headed to Goofy’s Candy Co and got a Christmas cupcake. Now I’m positive I took a picture, I even remember doing it. But it’s not in my Photobucket account. Either I dreamt the whole picture taking thing or I forgot to upload the picture. Sorry, but you will just have to imagine a pretty chocolate cupcake with a Mickey Santa hat on top. Oh, and cupcake quota filled for the day. I was now over halfway to my goal of one cupcake a day.

I went through Trend-D, the Co-op Marketplace and Arribas Brothers without buying anything. Then I got down to some serious shopping at World of Disney.

It was a bit warmer than I had anticipated that week and of the three sweatshirts I had brought with me, two were a bit too heavy. I had been eyeing a light weight one for a few days so I went ahead and bought it.

It is pretty simple but I really liked the color and I didn’t have much with Minnie on it. I also found a Pluto Christmas ornament that came home with me.

Then I got down to the Christmas shopping. The first present was for a little boy who was Big Hero 6 crazy.

I had three little girls that were Frozen crazy so I came home with three of this shirt.

For one of the little girls, I already had a pair of Olaf earrings back at home that I had found at Kohls. For one of the other two I got this bracelet.

And for the third little girl, this Frozen activity set.

I continued on through Once Upon a Toy and a few other stores but did not buy anything else. My original plan for the night was just Fantasmic but after doing Character Paloosa a few days before I really wanted to get to HS to do the one at 4:20 pm. I also had a few FP+ made for HS that night and I wanted to use at least two of them. I knew I would not be using the first one for the Little Mermaid show since I had seen it already. So I cut my time at DTD a little short and headed back to the buses. A bus came very quickly and I was back in my room by 3:15 pm. I pretty much tossed my purchases in the room, cut the tags off my new sweatshirt so I could take it with me that evening and then headed back out the door.

Up Next: Character Paloosa #2

Last edited:
It definitely looks ominous! Glad it didn't rain though!

Love the Duffy vinyls and the Pluto ornament! And cute Christmas presents you purchased.

Can't wait to hear about your night at Hollywood Studios!

It's crazy how things are changing at DTD. The boathouse is now open, so many new stores are open, the pictures just show how fast it's changing. Love your vinylmations especially the big all one. That pizza looks great, I hear so many things about WPE but still haven't eaten there.

Ohh I do love your shopping day!!! plus a sleep in! so your DO NOT DISTURB sign worked! WOOHOO!

Sorry again about your puppy.. it's so tough to watch them in pain. hug to you!

So happy you had a great visit with family!!! the pictures on facebook were AWESOME.

Wow...those clouds do look nasty; glad it didn't rain on you.

What fun shopping and how sweet of you to increase Jim's Star Wars shirts. :)

Your pizza does look yummy and I don't do Disney or Florida pizza.

What fun gifts for the kids you shopped for.

Can't wait for more characters.

I used to be a go go go type, but I'm actually happy I've done some later departures sometimes. It is vacation after all.

Oh wow, that is an interesting Big Al vinylmation.

Characters in Flight is on my Bucket List. We were supposed to do it last trip, but weather again played a role. Oh well, one day.

I am looking forward to seeing DTD again next trip. It seems to be getting better all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter