How Many Times Did I Meet Pluto This Trip? A Dec Solo TR - New TR Link 11/30!

First off, I'm so sorry to hear about Eddie. You're definitely making the right call though. :hug:

Awwww you look SO happy in your Pluto photos! The one that's your favorite is just beautiful!!! :goodvibes

So sorry to hear about your sweet doggie. Enjoy the time you have left! :hug:

Character palooza always looks like so much fun, and yet for some reason I still have never done it! But I mean if Bert is there, it's not a hard sell. I looooove Bert. :laughing:

Great update! Can't wait for some Fantasmic pictures, woooo!

Sorry it's been so long in between updates, it's just been a couple of crazy weeks. Of course I was super busy at work with all the budget meetings. Then my boss gave her two weeks notice so I've been scrambling to get everything prepared for her departure. Tomorrow is her last day. I'm really sad about it because she is a wonderful boss but I also don't blame her. I work for county government and her position is very political. Every time we have an election, her job is on the line. This last election she was told point blank that she would be fired if certain candidates were elected. I totally understand why she wouldn't want to go through that again and it's also the same reason I won't be applying for the job even though she wanted to recommend me. I just hope they get someone new in here soon because I'm in charge until they do which is something I really don't want.

Eddie is doing well although he is still drinking and peeing more than he should. I really should take him back to the vets to get his kidneys checked out. I've put it off because I'm so afraid if I take him back in again, he won't be coming home with me. I was really hoping it was just the antibiotics that was causing the problem but he's been off of those now for over a week. I'll probably have to take him this next weekend to get check out.

I'm way behind again on everyone's TRs and PTRs but I hope to do some catching up this week now that things are slowing down a bit. Of course with being in charge now, who knows what the next month or two will look like.

Love the PP pics!

Great character meets! And your picture with Pluto is adorable!!

I'm glad you made it to your TOT FP in time, but bummer that it took such a long time!

Thanks! I do love the PP pictures and the one with Pluto just turned out so cute.

It was kind of annoying to wait that long but at least I wasn't in the standby line!

Great character palooza! That really looks like a lot of fun. It's really been a long time since I've seen Indiana jones. I will agree that FP is a waste for large shows like that during non peak times.

Character Palooza is a blast, I'm glad I discovered it.

I probably would not have gone to see Indiana Jones this trip except for all the rumors that it's going away.

I am sorry about your doggy..

Thanks, he's doing well.

Great pictures with Pluto, Pinocchio, etc. (oh...and loved your PP pics when you first came in).

We've not done Indiana Jones since 2008. I keep hearing rumors they may shut it down.

Nice picture and video from TOT. And I'd settle for that score when I ride TSM.

Thanks, I got some great pictures this trip!

I've heard the rumors too and that's why I decided to catch it this trip.

I'm so competitive even with myself, that I get mad if I don't improve my score. I will get over 200,000 someday on that ride!

This one made me laugh. It's so comical to me how it's clear you're doing a photo, and the folks behind you are almost right in line with you. Even Stitch couldn't scare them away.

Oh man, I've been wanting to meet Pinocchio for so long. I just never seem to see him at Characterpalooza.

I was wondering if you'd make it to ToT on time, but I guess with the 15 minute grace period, it wouldn't be a problem. Wow, how odd that the back row was unfilled. It sounds like the CM might have been a bit off.

WOOHOO Fantasmic!!!

It's amazing how oblivious people can be at Disney. I bet that couple had no idea pictures were being taken! Of course I know I've been guilty of the same thing myself.

I was definitely excited to see Pinocchio since he doesn't meet in the parks regularly.

The CM was actually quite funny about forgetting row 5. He totally owned up to his mistake and joked about it.

Disappointing news about your sweet little Eddie :( I hope you are able to enjoy the time you have with him the next few months and spoil him rotten!!! <3
LOVE LOVE LOVE the close up pic you got with Pluto!! Maybe that's the "framer" from this trip!
Also, I laughed when I watched your TOT video because the CM who gestures toward the elevator looked like your husband at a quick glance!! :-)

We have definitely been spoiling him a lot these last few weeks and he seems to be doing OK other than the peeing I mentioned above.

Actually there is one that I got a little later in the trip that became my "framer". I'll talk about that one once we get there.

I never noticed that the guy looks like Jim but he really does resemble him a bit!

So sorry to hear about Eddie. I hope you make the most of your time together and I think you're doing the right thing for him. At 14, there really is no point with chemo. Enjoy!

Thanks, that was our exact thought about the chemo.

I'm so sorry about your dog. I know the next few months will be special for all of you and hope you can enjoy lots of sweet snuggles.

Fun characterpalooza! Mary Poppins and Bert seem like a fun meet! We were lucky to meet Mulan at Characterpalooza, which was nice since she was a must see for us and we could never make the times work at Epcot. And cute picture with Pluto, of course!

And I completely agree that FP+ for most shows is a waste. We had several during our October trip and it seemed like we were let in at the same time or after the stand by line.

We have definitely been spoiling him the last few weeks.

Mary and Bert were very fun to meet and I was happy to get Mulan without a wait.

About the only thing that FP+ for shows seems to get you is a good seat towards the front. But I still managed to get great seats without FP+.

isn't it supposed to be a TA-DA type picture?!? that's one hell of a TA DAAAAAAAA! :rotfl:

Mine too!!! i hope you have this one framed!!!

and ya wonder why it's even longer to wait in line.. :sad2:
Knuckleheads

Characterpalooza is really something i want to do in November!!! just never get the timing down.
Hopefully a friend of mine will help us out this time..

I guess it is the Ta-Da picture but I sure went big with it!

Nope, didn't frame that one. There was one later in the trip that I used for the framed pic. I will say that I probably liked this one a little better but there was a specific reason I chose the other one.

The CM totally owned the fact that he was a knucklehead and forgot to load row 5.

I am sure you will get to a Character Paloosa in November!

First off, I'm so sorry to hear about Eddie. You're definitely making the right call though. :hug:

Awwww you look SO happy in your Pluto photos! The one that's your favorite is just beautiful!!! :goodvibes

Thanks, it really is hard to see them get old.

I definitely enjoy meeting Pluto!

So sorry to hear about your sweet doggie. Enjoy the time you have left! :hug:

Character palooza always looks like so much fun, and yet for some reason I still have never done it! But I mean if Bert is there, it's not a hard sell. I looooove Bert. :laughing:

Great update! Can't wait for some Fantasmic pictures, woooo!

Thanks, we are spoiling him right now!

Character Palooza is so much fun, you should definitely try to make it on your next trip!

Fantasmic coming right up!

we are still here. That is nerve raking!!! Sorry your work has that much pressure! Boss type jobs here are a revolving door. about every 6 months something changes so i understand. It sucks when it's a boss you really like.

I am sending lots of Pixi Dust for you!!!!

pixiedust: pixiedust:pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Fantasmic Part 1

I will say that Fantasmic is one that might be worth the FP+ mainly to avoid the crazy stampede in the standby line. I was perfectly fine by myself but if I had my Mom with me with her balance issues, it would be a different story. The sad thing is, the theater wasn’t even close to being filled and people were still climbing over each other to get into the theater.

I think I managed to get a pretty good seat.

And look at all those empty seats!

My pictures from the show are not the best. The one thing my little camera does not do well is shoot over long distances in the dark. Oh well, maybe you will enjoy them a little bit.

And then at the end, the show was a little strange. Mickey was not at the top of the mountain at all. But then I remembered that high winds had grounded the Characters in Flight balloon even though it didn’t seem all that windy by the ground. I’m guessing that was why.

I took my time heading out because I knew the buses were going to be crazy.

Continued in Next Post

Fantasmic Part 2

I made a quick stop in the villains store because I had seen another Duffy vinyl there earlier that I wanted to pick up.

Then I crashed on a bench for about 20 minutes while the crowds streamed by.

After the crowds got considerably thinner, I slowly made my way out of the park taking pictures as I walked.

I really don’t remember HS without the hat so I do believe I will miss it next time I go.

Right outside the gates, there was a CM doing water pictures of the characters so I stopped to watch for a while.

One last shot of the HS Christmas tree before I headed to the buses.

There was still a bit of a line for the bus but I made it back to my room by 9:30 pm. I only traded for one pin during the day.

Up Next: I Think Pink is My Color

we are still here. That is nerve raking!!! Sorry your work has that much pressure! Boss type jobs here are a revolving door. about every 6 months something changes so i understand. It sucks when it's a boss you really like.

I am sending lots of Pixi Dust for you!!!!

pixiedust: pixiedust:pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Thanks Mo! I think it's going to be a rough couple of months till they get someone new in here. Hope they are at least half as good as my current boss!

Sorry work has been so crazy and that your boss is leaving. I hope everything settles down for you soon.

Good spot for Fantasmic! And I like the way your photos came out! Love the last one of Mickey.

Smart idea not exiting with the masses. Love all the photos before you left. And love the water pictures!

Life always gets crazy but we would be bored if it didn't.

I didn't see fantasmic on my last trip but I did hear that the lift for Mickey was having some problems I don't know if they have fixed it or not.

I love when the CMs do the water drawings.

Yeah, shooting photos long distance in the dark is a challenge for any camera. But honestly all things considered, I think the photos turned out really well. :goodvibes

Ooh, that would be so odd and sad to not have Sorcerer Mickey up on the mountain. That's my favourite part. :(

I missed an entire update. So sorry.

I love your PP pictures and I had no idea that Bart was actually a character at WDW. I have never seen him with Mary before. How cool!

I know Pluto HAD to love his shirt and bag! ::yes::

OMG to the CM who forgot to load hald of the last row. Were there still patients standing there waiting to load??? Too funny! :rotfl2:

On to your latest update, but first - I'm happy to hear your dog is comfortable right now. As long as he is eating, drinking, and peeing I undestand your reluctance to go to the vet. When it's time to put him to sleep you will know. Poor sweet baby.

You had a great seat for F! Your pictures turned out great! That show can really be a challenge in terms of getting great pics. I think you did great.

I don't blame you for just chilling until the crowds cleared. Plus you got to take in all the Christmas decorations. I love the way HS decorates for Christmas.

Great seat for Fantasmic! The stand by line is way too hectic for us. I think we're going to do the dining package next trip to avoid the hassle.

Relaxing and people watching to avoid the crowds is a great idea. It's much more fun to sit on a park and enjoy the decorations than to stand in the bus line!

I love the HS decorations. We just booked a trip for the first week in December so now I'm excited to see Disney at Christmas!

Maybe dark but your pictures are a heck of a lot better than what I've come home with!!! :) I love slowly mosey-ing my way to the bus stop at the end of the day. Just soaking up all the lights and magic!!

Sorry that work is crazy. Has it settled down yet? If not, I hope you're okay!

Good spot for F!

Sorry work has been so crazy and that your boss is leaving. I hope everything settles down for you soon.

Good spot for Fantasmic! And I like the way your photos came out! Love the last one of Mickey.

Smart idea not exiting with the masses. Love all the photos before you left. And love the water pictures!

I do hope everything settles down a bit but so far it's been kind of crazy. But at least I'm still finding a few minutes to update my TRs. Got to have my priorities straight!

Thanks, I had a fun time taking photos on my way out.

Life always gets crazy but we would be bored if it didn't.

I didn't see fantasmic on my last trip but I did hear that the lift for Mickey was having some problems I don't know if they have fixed it or not.

I love when the CMs do the water drawings.

That is true, life is definitely not boring right now!

Hmmm, maybe that was why Mickey wasn't up there.

THIS IS AWESOME!!! Best picture!!!!
Promise to come back to reply more But it's time for me to skedaddle outta HERE!

Thanks, that is definitely one of my favorites from the trip.

Yeah, shooting photos long distance in the dark is a challenge for any camera. But honestly all things considered, I think the photos turned out really well. :goodvibes

Ooh, that would be so odd and sad to not have Sorcerer Mickey up on the mountain. That's my favourite part. :(

Thanks, I think I'm just too hard on myself. I want them all to be perfect!

It was pretty odd but if it was too windy or they were having mechanical problems with the lift I would not want to see Mickey get hurt!

I missed an entire update. So sorry.

I love your PP pictures and I had no idea that Bart was actually a character at WDW. I have never seen him with Mary before. How cool!

I know Pluto HAD to love his shirt and bag! ::yes::

OMG to the CM who forgot to load hald of the last row. Were there still patients standing there waiting to load??? Too funny! :rotfl2:

No worries, I get behind all the time!

Bert only comes out for special occasions. He is out sometimes at the special MK parties and I remember seeing him on Valentine's day last year.

There was definitely lots of people waiting to load onto TOT but he just totally forgot to put anyone in row 5!

On to your latest update, but first - I'm happy to hear your dog is comfortable right now. As long as he is eating, drinking, and peeing I undestand your reluctance to go to the vet. When it's time to put him to sleep you will know. Poor sweet baby.

You had a great seat for F! Your pictures turned out great! That show can really be a challenge in terms of getting great pics. I think you did great.

I don't blame you for just chilling until the crowds cleared. Plus you got to take in all the Christmas decorations. I love the way HS decorates for Christmas.

Yeah, Eddie is hanging in there. He's a pretty resilient little dog.

I always want my pictures to be perfect but I guess I did get a few that weren't too bad.

HS is so pretty at Christmas time!

Great seat for Fantasmic! The stand by line is way too hectic for us. I think we're going to do the dining package next trip to avoid the hassle.

Relaxing and people watching to avoid the crowds is a great idea. It's much more fun to sit on a park and enjoy the decorations than to stand in the bus line!

I love the HS decorations. We just booked a trip for the first week in December so now I'm excited to see Disney at Christmas!

It was pretty crazy in the standby line but being solo I was able to handle it.

I love to shop sometimes too after the park closes. I had been in all the stores already so a bench was a nice alternative.

Disney at Christmas is a wonderful thing!

Maybe dark but your pictures are a heck of a lot better than what I've come home with!!! :) I love slowly mosey-ing my way to the bus stop at the end of the day. Just soaking up all the lights and magic!!

Thanks! I did get a few that were OK. I always take my time heading to the buses. So much better being in the park than in a long line for a bus.

Sorry that work is crazy. Has it settled down yet? If not, I hope you're okay!

Good spot for F!

Not quite yet but at least the budget meetings are over. I hope they get someone in here quickly so I don't have to be in charge any more!

crap.. there is a lot i need to relook at for HS.. looks like we will be park hopping one night back to HS just for the night and F!
dang it..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter