How Many Surprises Can One PTR Hold!?! (Updated 01/29) Almost There!!!

Hi!

I've been meaning to stop by and check out your plans (since you've commented on my PTR a few times)!

Wow! You're a lot more detailed than I am!! Your plans look awesome.

Also, your trip to NYC looked great! I haven't been to NYC since a high school band trip! (16+ years ago).

Oh, um, hi there! I totally forgot to update this here PTR, now didn't I? With a combination of work/holidays/girl scouts/any other possible thing I can use to explain my procrastination, tike just got away from me. I could use the excuse of nothing happening, but that would be a lie. A LIE I tell you!

So I shall make a list of the things that have happened and an -ishy timeline to go with it:

45-ish days out - Nina's SIL calls, guess what they've (SIL plus her three kids) decided to join us! um ok but there is only 45 days and all our plans are made and where's the paper bag because now i'm going to hyperventilate and pass out.

Not only that but I had to go ahead and tell Nina about the switch to POFQ, since her SIL wanted to be at the same resort. Sigh. No strike sigh, grumble.

40-ish days out - Strike the SIL and kids, it interferes with a big event in the oldest kid's (senior in high school) weekend. So now it's just us again, but with one less surprise.

37 (no ish) days out - Christmad Day! The telling of Noelle! The scavenger hunt was awesome, she had great time looking for all the clues and figureing them out. We get to the last one with "Your going to Disney World" and.........nothing. Complete shock and silence. She wad caught completely offguard. Ten minutes later and the excitedness and shrieking commenced, but there was no video then, of course.

27-ish days out - Mickey Mail came! Luggage tags, ME tags, booklet of important stuff that I am terrified I am going to forget.

25 days out - I freak out over everything and start making changes. For I am crazy. And obsessed.

24 days out - That would be today! I am actually only 24 days away from the vacation I hsve been planning for almost a year.

I will go over the last two days, plus the changes in my next post. Which should be tomorrow, or will it? Let's see if the procrastination bug gets me again!

I’ve decided to group my last two days together, not because I’m running out if time do finish this PTR (which I am) but simply because I don’t know which park I will be doing on which day. There I said it I am confuzzled (my own word.) It seems that eastwdw.com and touringplans.com have banded together to drive me cr-aaa-zy, by posting the best/worst parks as opposites. One says MK is the worst on Monday and best on Tuesday, the other says the reverse. The same (although opposite) goes for EP. So I have decided to let it go for now and make the decision later (very zen of me, I know.)

So on Monday, first we will head off to 1900 Pare Fare for a lovely character breakfast, then off to either MK or EP for the day. If we head to MK we are planning on an exploration of Main St. plus a wait for both Rapunzel and Tiana. Noelle is not a big princess girl, but she loves Tiana, I’m pretty sure because she likes to cook. We also hope to be able to be testers for the Sorcerer’s Magic Card thingie they’ve got going on over by the Firehouse. No plans for dinner again, as we don’t do TS at MK.
If we head to EP it will be our World Showcase day. We plan to Kim Possible our way along the countries stopping at one of the countries for a CS lunch. I am hoping to do the pick-a-pearl in Japan, and see the Voices of Liberty. Those are my must do’s, Noelle really wants to see the candy making lady, we all have our priorities.
On Tuesday (our last day) everything depending on which park we did on Monday will be the same, only switched (clear as mud right?) except we will start off the day at ‘Ohana, for our last character breakfast!
Small tangent here, it always makes me giggle when I see ‘Ohana spelled as O’Hana. In my head all I see is Mickey dressed up as a leprechaun wearing a lei. But then, I have a twisted mind. Moving on!
Now I have done one thing that is a little bad. Well its “Disney” bad. I made reservations at Rose & Crown for both Monday and Tuesday night. There I said it, I am a bad person. Now I promise I will cancel one before we leave, as soon as we make our final decision as to which parks on which nights.
Promise!
Now as to Wednesday, there really isn’t a point to do an entry for it. The day will go like this: Wake up early, try to shove everything into our luggage, double check all of Nina & Noelle’s stuff (both prone to leaving things behind,) be ready for ME by 8:30 – 9:00 AM for our 11:00 AM flight, get to airport. Cry (not really, but I won’t be doing the happy dance.)
So that’s it, but I still have some changes to go over that have happened within the last couple of weeks, having to do with some Disney Math (as comes to the dining plan.)

I can't believe how soon your trip is!! Hopefully you get a clear park crowd answer soon! But I'm sure either way it'll work out just fine! :thumbsup2

So as I mentioned in the last post we’ve made some dining changes since posting my original plans. I thought the best way to go over them would be just to list out the final plans, and then go over why the changes.

So here are the FINAL (yeah, right) ADR choices:

Arrival Day (1/31/2012)
  • Lunch - @ resort or DTD (OOP)
  • Dinner – 1900 Park Fare (DDP) New!

1st Park Day (2/01/2012) Hollywood Studios
  • Breakfast - @ resort
  • Lunch – Sci-Fi Diner (OOP)
  • Dinner – Raglan Road (DDP)

2nd Park Day (2/02/2012) EPCOT
  • Breakfast - @ resort (by now we may make the choice to head over to POR)
  • Lunch – Le Cellier (DDP) NEW!
  • Dinner – Cape May Café (DDP)

3rd Park Day (2/03/2012) Magic Kingdom
  • Lunch & Dinner - CS (DDP)
  • Tomorrow Land Dessert Party

Rest Day (2/04/2012)
  • Breakfast – CS – We were thinking of heading over to the Contempo Café.
  • Lunch – CS (DDP) in DTD – probably WPE
  • Dinner – Citricos (OOP)

4th Park Day (2/05/2012) Animal Kingdom Also Super Bowl Sunday! Go Pats!
  • Breakfast - @ resort
  • Lunch - Tusker House (DDP)
  • Dinner - Boma (DDP) NEW DAY!

5th Park Day (2/06/2012) EPCOT
  • Breakfast - 1900 Park Fare (DDP)
  • Lunch - CS in WS (DDP)
  • Dinner - Rose & Crown (DDP)

6th (and last) Park Day (2/07/2012) Magic Kingdom
  • Breakfast - 'Ohana (DDP)
  • Lunch & Dinner - CS (DDP)

So Noelle is a "disney adult" and gets adult credits, but at our three sit-down TS restaurants she wants to order off the kids menu. This meant we could either eat the difference between a kids meal (around $9) and the adult DDP, or we could pony up the $27, and use her three credits towards another character buffet. This is how we wound up with Park Fare as our first night dinner. Nina LOVES Cinderella, so this was a great addition to the line up. Plus I was able to order a slipper dessert for Noelle as a birthday surprise!

As to Le Cellier, I was just plugging different times in one day for EPCOT, and a lunch ADR came up. I thought, why not! I had already decided to pay OOP for Citricos, so I had an extra set of credits to play with.

So pretty much all is done, just packing (ugh) and last minute stuff to pick up, yes the animals need to eat even when we're gone!

After so much planning and re-planning, and now all the waiting, I am SO ready for this vacation to start!!!

That's seriously impressive that you were able to snag a Le Cellier lunch so soon before your trip!!!! Your dining plans sound great! :goodvibes

Ha! How did I miss that we would be in the same parks W-F?!?! (or maybe this is the first time you have posted it!) Great minds think alike! ;)

Have a magical time!!! :goodvibes

In less than 48 hours, I will be in Disney. :banana::banana::banana:

Seriously? Seriously. :worship:

I am almost packed, just the last minute things to get in now (like my toothbrush, and my laptop :goodvibes.)

The animals are all going nuts, the dog is anxious, the cat is aggressive, and the ferrets have just gone loco. :hyper2:

I let Noelle pick out some snacks to bring along for the room and one of the things she picked out were some prepackaged Rice Krispie Treats. I took them out of the box to tuck into the suitcases. Nala (the smaller ferret) decided to investigate my suitcase, and the next thing I know she has dragged a treat package out by her teeth and tries to scurry away with it! Oy! Nala has a thing for marshmallow, she once gummed up one side of a bag of them we were saving for a campfire. What a goof! :goofy:

I got an email reminder from Disney that we have dinner at 1900 Park Fare on Tuesday. Just in case I forgot. :dance3:

I am home! And we had a wonderful time. I have been catching up in TRs and plan to start my own tomorrow. Can't wait to share the fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter